SHERLOCK SPEC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2006

2219 Dristone Dr

Humble, TX 77339

3 EMP. TERMITE INSPECTIONS Done by Clint Simon. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE. Additional email - sherlockspec@cebridge.net....

04/09/2020

Linda H.

Prompt Professional friendly Excellent service

Description of Work
Home inspection

02/11/2020

Jennifer K.

Clint will be a trusted professional and friend for life! Expertise, attention to detail, kindness and consideration - what a great package!

Description of Work
Pool, pest and general inspection.

12/19/2019

Xhail P.

Everything went great! Clint was prepared and already had everything running by the time I arrived for our appt. He is very knowledgeable and provides great feedback to any concerns I had regarding the home. He is very meticulous and very thorough with his work. He provided great suggestions for preventative measures. The inspection report was completed in a timely manner, which was super convenient. The report in itself was easy to read, thorough, and contained pictures of any issues that were found in the inspections. Overall, I would recommend Clint to anyone who is in need of a professional inspection service.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

09/11/2019

Ronnie S.

The work was a 'home inspection' for a home purchase in Conroe, Texas. The inspector/owner...(Clint Simon) found the A/C, electrical outlets, plumbing and septic systems to be in working order. This included the pool and spa lights and the pool pump(s). Three(3) days after moving in, the upstairs A/C quit functioning. Upon inspection, it was found that the coils were completely rusted, leaking and beyond repair. Additionally, the outside units were pulling 16 amps (over 75% higher than recommended). The entire system was replaced at considerable cost. It was then noticed that the pool and spa lights were not functioning at all. Additionally, there was little to no flow coming from the main pool pump, causing the salt cell not to function. We soon also noticed that the septic system was emitting a horrible smell and discovered a breech in the lid of one of the tanks. It had clearly been there for awhile. One(1) week later it was discovered that roots had grown thru the main pool drain, causing the pool drain system to be completely defective. As of this writing, we have file three(3) homeowner warranty claims, replaced the entire heating and A/C system and have contracted to have the pool repaired as it appear inoperable. We will have to have the electrical system re-inspected as the kitchen outlets trip repeatedly. We've been in the home less than 4 weeks. Considering the higher-than-average cost of this 'home inspection' and the incredible expense we've incurred as a result of repairs... I could not in good conscience, ever recommend this company or inspector to anyone. We received no value from Sherlock Spec Services...

Description of Work
Home Inspection

04/13/2018

Eric R.

Sherlock Spec was very thorough and professional in their inspection of a home we are looking to buy. The inspection report uncovered many things I did not expect, and I'm glad we made the decision to hire this company. I would highly recommend them to any potential home buyer.

Description of Work
Home Inspection, Pool and Pest

Category pest control,home inspection

05/22/2017

Mario M.

Professional , very thorough, step-by-step details regarding any issues

Description of Work
Home inspection

05/07/2014

Lynda B.

Mr. Simon found a number of problems that we would not have known about. In particular, there were problems with the roof that could have costs us significant amounts of money if he had not found them. We had some plumbing, HVAC, and electrical safety issues that also needed to be auctioned. He also showed us how to work the fireplace, the sprinkler system, the water filtration system. We would definitely use his company again and highly recommend Sherlock Specs. His timeliness and efforts allowed us to be able to enlist specialists in those areas so we could make an informed request from the sellers.

Description of Work
Performed home inspection and separate termite inspection on a home we were buying. The termite inspection report must be provided to the lender and Clint Simon, the owner, is licensed to do that. Mr. Simon was professional, punctual and knowledgeable. He explained what he was doing at each major system, what we should expect to see and then what he was actually finding. He pointed out good features of the home and problem areas. He let us know which problems were important and which were minor. When possible, he showed us the exact problem and let us know what would need to be done to fix it. He took a number of pictures, especially in areas where there area issues or where we could not go, I.e. the roof. He also let us know what was normal for a house that was a few years old and what had worn prematurely. One of the best parts of the service was the speed in which he got the report to us. He worked on it as he was doing the inspection, uploaded the photos, highlighting trouble areas in the photos, and sent the report to us via email within two hours of completing the inspection. That is important when you are in the option period and you need to get estimates or further detail on problems that were found.

06/25/2013

Sara R.

Inspection was thorough and informative. Clint answered all of our questions and then some. We found a few problems with the home, but he took the time to explain the scope of these problems so that we understood and felt comfortable. He made sure all areas were addressed. His follow-up reports are detailed and serve as great back-up when asking sellers for repairs or fixing things yourself.

Description of Work
Full home inspection for residential home sale.

05/03/2013

William B.

We called to schedule an inspection on a Saturday and he was out there the following Monday. He did a thorough inspection in great time and explained everything with great detail. His report featured pictures and details of all the defaults of the home which made it very easy to understand. After calling around to several other inspectors Sherlock Spec had the best availability for my small time frame and his prices were the most reasonable. I would definitely use his services again as well as recommend him to anyone else.

Description of Work
Home inspection including termite

06/15/2012

Charyn M.

When I noticed an issue with my home last year I searched Angie's List for a provider and they were listed. I called and made the appointment immediately. The same inspector that inspected my home prior to purchase came to my home. Although he didn't remember me specifically he said he did remember my house. I explained my concerns to him and he first inspected the specific issue that prompted my call. He told me that it was likely a problem caused by the draught conditions the area was experiencing at the time. He assessed that the issue would resolve itself and recommended that I not take any action as if I did it could create an even bigger problem when it self corrected. That was a huge relief because getting the problem fixed could have been expensive. He showed me how to turn off and drain my in ground sprinkler system for the winter to protect my pipes. He then inspected the rest of my home and found several other problems that would benefit from professional attention. I called another provider to deal with the issues he discovered, which had they continued undetected could have caused other issues and become major problems. I also followed his advice for dealing with the issue that prompted my call and he was right, it corrected itself without my intervention. I will definitely use this company again if I have any future concerns about the structural integrity of my home.

Description of Work
This company was recommended to me by my realtor when I was in the process of purchasing my home almost 10 years ago.

Platinum Plus Inspections

Home inspection Platinum plus Inspections is pleased to announce that we’ve earned a Texas Professional inspector license. This goes much further than a simple inspector license,making us your ideal choice for everything related to home inspections.

Tru Home Inspections

A Licensed professional home Inspector since Aug 2021. Prior to this I have over 10 years of experience working for an Engineering company as a windstorm inspector. Specializing in Reroofs, Phase, pre pour foundation inspections, and framing inspections.

Republic Pest Control

Small, and local family owned Pest Control and Wildlife removal business, serving and growing with our community. We believe in doing what is right all the time and putting principles before profit. We look forward to serving you!

INSPECTIONS: NEW CONSTRUCTION, UNDER CONSTRUCTION PHASE INSPECTIONS, ONE – YEAR BUILDER WARRANTY, RE-SALE HOMES, SECOND OPINIONS, YEARLY HOME CHECK-UP. POOL & SPA, TERMITE INSPECTION AT THE TIME OF YOUR HOME INSPECTION, HOME INSPECTIONS BY BRINKS IF THE HOME HAS A SECURITY SYSTEM.