Wood Customs

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 2011

P.O. Box 70703

Houston, TX 77270

Wood Customs by Cesar is a design and full service residential construction company. We specialize in home remodeling, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling and custom millwork and cabinets. We specialize in construction and remodelign in the Heights and the Memorial areas. Since 1987 Wood Customs by Cesar has serviced the Greater Houston area, providing premier custom wood craftsmanship including custom built kitchens, wood fireplaces, entertainment centers, closet systems, decks and pergolas. We assist our clients in redesigning existing spaces as well as creating and designing new construction projects....

11/11/2017

JACQUELINE R.

Overall our experience with Cesar was fantastic. The work was done with meticulous attention to detail and was completed on time. Cesar was very patient with us as we made changes to our original plan and kicked in to help us design the layouts to bathrooms. All our cabinets, vanities and closets were all custom made by Cesar and we are very pleased with the quality of his work.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of kitchen and 2 bathrooms along with custom closet build in master bedroom and other miscellaneous updates.

Category custom cabinets,contractors,closet systems,drywall,picture framing,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

08/21/2017

Adam G.

This was my first remodeling project. Based on what I have heard from other people, this job went extremely well. Cesar is responsive to texts and emails within 24 hours, and there was always someone at the house working. The quality of the work is fantastic. I am an engineer and something of a perfectionist; Cesar and his subs were always receptive to my suggestions and my requests to fix anything I found. We ended up redesigning the layout of the kitchen on the fly without architectural drawings or anything. This made the job a bit more stressful for me, since we had to make major decisions on a very short basis. Having drawings would have made the job go smoother. Cesar made his own to-scale pencil drawings of the kitchen and we worked from there. His guys work at an extremely quick pace, which is great, unless they're ready for a decision you haven't made yet. You will save yourself a lot of stress by knowing exactly what you want (colors, paint brand, counters, backsplash, etc) before starting the job. The job was quoted lump sum, and did not include allowances for appliances, countertops, tile, glass, and lighting fixtures. Payments are progressive. I paid about 10% up front, and 25% plus or minus payments every couple weeks. My only sticking point was that I was hit with a large change order at the end of the job for all the adders and discovery work that had shown up throughout the job, even though at no point during the work it was indicated to me what the adders were or how much they would cost. As I said, this was my first remodel and I'm not sure how normal this is. In Cesar's defense, we met at the end of the project and talked through these issues and came to a compromise, which I highly respected. I believe he will change this practice on future jobs so his more budget-conscious customers aren't surprised by this at the end. All in all, we are already talking about the bathrooms in the house and using Wood Customs again in the future. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We took the kitchen completely down to the studs. New wiring was run, drywall replaced, custom on-site cabinets built, new countertops, tile backsplash installed, and new wood floors were installed where tile used to be to match the rest of the house. This price included refinishing the existing wood floors in the living and dining room as well, and painted all 3 rooms, including ceilings. Recessed lighting was added in all 3 rooms. The job took 7 weeks.

Category custom cabinets,drywall,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

08/03/2017

donna M.

I could not be more pleased with the results. Caesar and his crew did a fabulous job. He is a true craftsman- very skilled. He also has great ideas because he has had so much experience doing this. I especially liked that he built everything offsite and then came and installed it at my house which minimized the time we were without a kitchen. We were so pleased with the work he did on our kitchen, that we had him design & make us a custom media center for our master bedroom.

Description of Work
We had Caesar do complete remodel of our 1980's kitchen. He did a complete redesign and built all new cabinets, island ,countertops backsplash etc.

Category custom cabinets,remodeling,custom furniture,woodworking,home remodeling

05/06/2017

Magaly M.

Exceeded my expectations! Everyone that comes into my home make a comment about my kitchen cabinets.

Description of Work
Kitchen, bathroom and laundry room remodel.

Category custom cabinets,closet systems,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

05/03/2017

Cheri C.

They were always on time, very professional and got the job completed in the time frame they initially quoted. Cesar was easy to work with and had excellent ideas which we used in the build out of our master closet. We would highly recommend Wood Customs and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Wood Customs completed two jobs for us at our home in The Heights. One was a complete master closet (15x11) build out and the other was adding custom woodwork to breakfast bar area.

Category custom cabinets,closet systems,woodworking

05/03/2017

Jessica D.

This was the second time we used Wood Customs. As with the first time Cesar's crew did a great job. They were friendly and worked quickly and cleanly. Cesar came by frequently to check in progress, and everything was done in the time and for the price estimated. Cesar also beat the other quote I received. I will always check with Cesar before having any work done at my house. He's friendly and I trust him to make sure good work is done.

Description of Work
Redid the decking, handrails and stairs for our second floor porch.

Category decks

05/02/2017

Matt E.

Great! Excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail. Easy to get along with, and stayed in touch the whole time.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodeling. New custom cabinets in the kitchen and new tile work in the bathroom, as well as the necessary plumbing and electrical work.

Category custom cabinets,remodeling,home remodeling

05/02/2017

Tonia E.

Amazing ! Crews were timely and professional and always cleaned up. Couldn't be more happy with the service

Description of Work
Fireplace transformed into a two sided fireplace with floor to ceiling Stone. Also an outdoor kitchen and stone patio.

Category custom cabinets,decks,remodeling

04/02/2016

Jessica D.

Cesar and his crew were fantastic. They did very good work and perfectly matched the existing cabinets in the kitchen, but with much better quality. They always showed up when planned and on time and worked very clean. They always left everything as clean or cleaner than when they got here. He spent extra time scouring the city of Houston to find a small piece of our rare and expensive granite so we wouldn't have to buy a whole slab. I have been more than pleased with the work he did and it looks like our kitchen originally designed with the new cabinets in place. I would recommend Wood Customs to anyone looking to install new cabinets.

Description of Work
Added a buffet and pantry to match our existing cabinetry

Category custom cabinets

03/06/2016

DENISE H.

It went very well. The provider assisted us in procuring the materials (purchased at our direct expense per agreement). Then the original retailer was unable to supply us with our order and the provider steered us to another retailer, which met our needs even better than the original order. The provider also picked up and delivered the materials for us. He took a bad situation and handled it in a very professional and helpful manner. The work crews from the provider were excellent and the quality of the work was exceptional. Any of the small issues we had concerns with were remedied quickly and to our complete satisfaction. Overall the project was completed with results beyond our expectations. I would highly recommend this provider due to: - favorable pricing - exceptional expertise - the personal interest shown in working with us and developing the project - commitment to excellence in execution - quality of work

Description of Work
The provider demo'ed and removed our fireplace and re-constructed it per the design we requested.

Category custom cabinets

360 Painting of Aldine

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in painting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Priceless Painting

We believe in total quality, that is the reason we have more than 200 A's (in different categories). I don't run several crews, just one, so our work is more detailed and focus. This also allow a better communication with customers. Also I will never subcontract jobs, like some companies do. http://pricelesspaintinghouston.com. Also, find us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/PricelessPaintingHouston/

Offers by Priceless Painting on Angi
    Finch Contracting LLC

Whole Home Remodeling and Complete Painting Services. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Build & design custom kitchen and vanity cabinets, entertainment centers, fireplace mantels, closet systems, stairways, decks and patio covers, outdoor kitchens & porches.

Ask for details.