Santhoff Plumbing Company Inc

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2006

6330 Alder Dr # 12

Houston, TX 77081

Operating in Houston since 1974, Santhoff Plumbing has proven to be a valued commodity in the Houston area. Staffed with master plumbers, including owner/operator Joe Santhoff, Santhoff Plumbing has made customer safety and satisfaction the top priorities of its business model. Going above and beyond the requirements of a typical service call, Santhoff Plumbing beams pride in knowing that they leave no stone unturned when a customer is having either a plumbing crisis or a small leak....

05/18/2020

Manish A.

Called in the morning and they were able to send Jose and his team that same day. They were on time, wore masks, answered all of my questions, and were able to do the gas lamp post removals immediately. Satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
Remove two gas lamp posts

Category gas leak repair

10/26/2018

Galit H.

We actually used them for unrelated jobs in the past but would absolutely avoid them ever again based on our most recent experience and their complete lack of professionalism. They originally gave us a cost estimate for the work they said needed to be done. We actually called them back to confirm exactly how they would be doing the repair and the price. They assured us that they stood behind their quote. We agreed to hire them for the job. Their crew showed up to begin work and before actually starting, we were suddenly told by their plumber that the crew they had arranged for could not do it. They abruptly left. Hours later, they call us to say there had been a "miscommunication" on their part and they now wanted more than double the original price for the job. Several calls to them to discuss it further were never answered.

Description of Work
sewer line repair

10/15/2018

Bartt S.

I called on a Saturday to schedule an appointment for the following Monday. Their repairman finished a separate repair (not related to mine) early, & called back to say they could do the repair the same day. The repair was completed & appears to be very good quality work.

Description of Work
main water inlet

10/02/2018

Jerry J.

Mac was the plumber. He arrived on-time and got right to work. Very personable. Took the time to show me exactly what and where the problem was and was very up front about how to handle the situation. I was very satisfied with his skill and professionalism. I would highly recommend this company and especially Mac!

Description of Work
Leaking drain from A/C unit

09/17/2018

William K.

Came promptly and immediately solved problem .

Description of Work
Relighted pilot light on water heater

05/14/2018

Sylvia W.

all problems were taken care of beautifully

Description of Work
serious work on the kitchen sink

05/02/2018

JUDITH S.

Really great job. I am very happy and would consider this company for future plumbing jobs.

Description of Work
Replaced all old toilets

02/08/2018

Barbara S.

As usual they were on time and went right to work. Replacing 60 year old fixtures is not an easy task but they would not give up. Jason completed the work to my satisfaction. He explained things to me and offered suggestions. I would not call anyone else. They have always been there for me.

Description of Work
Replace fixtures in bathtub

Category plumbing

Thank you very much for the review!!! We have absolutely loved working with you over the years and we are looking forward to many more years.. Cheers

01/20/2018

David F.

I called several plumbers recommended by Angie's List after waking up to a broken exterior pipe due to below-freezing weather conditions. Santhoff was quick to send a couple of their plumbers out to the house. The crew was very friendly and professional, immediately recognized the problem and had it fixed within minutes with parts that are less likely to freeze again. I'll be calling Santhoff for all future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Broken pipe from freezing weather.

Category plumbing

We truly appreciate the review and look forward to working with you in the future.

10/31/2017

Molly V.

The plumber wanted to charge me $49 service fee, $100 to locate the part and $165 to install the part. WHAT??? Installing a new one would cost less than that. I will never use this company again - pricing is WAY too high.

Description of Work
Had an issue with my disposal. Control button not functioning properly.

09/27/2017

JUDITH S.

very well, we had on powder room toilet that ha leaked and two that were the small builder grade mini toilets. All were replaced and because of multiple purchases received a discount,

Description of Work
Old toilets replaced

Category plumbing, home remodeling

08/13/2017

Kevin D.

The initial appointment was cancelled by the company as they were running late that day. They gave me plenty of notice. We initially reviewed the error code and the tech said it wasn't clear what it mean but that it would cost $150 or so to try some things and that things would add up fast so we discussed the pros of replacing it. Apparently the type of tankless I have is going out of production and I can't get the new type without doing some modifications to the venting in the attic. The quote was $3275 and I looked up the water heater on Amazon and it was about $1300. Considering other parts, I figured it was probably $1500 for labor which was going to be about 4-5 hours. I thought that was high but agreed as I felt pretty confident it was going to be done right. We then started talking about the 2nd heater which was functioning normally. It hadn't been maintained by being flushed so it seemed like this unit (8 years old) might be due to go bad as well. It seemed prudent to replace both. I asked if there would be a break on labor since they were side-by-side and the two techs could work simultaneous. This is why I went from a B to a D on price. They finished the job in about 5-6 hours so it seems pretty definite they saved some labor and should have passed some of the savings on. If had to do over, I would have replaced the first unit because relatives were coming the next day but would have called to get other bids on the 2nd unit.

Description of Work
A tankless water heater in the attic was flashing an error code.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

07/27/2017

RICHARD T.

Responsiveness was excellent. Work was done quickly considering the difficult accessibility of the problem.

Description of Work
Repair leak from toilet shut-off valve.

07/21/2017

Mark Q.

It went well, everything works, is clean and neat, no complaints.

Description of Work
Gas Line extension to cooktop

07/10/2017

Victoria B.

Mike and John came to our home and fixed our leaking sink. They were professional in every way. Excellent customer service from the time I placed the call to the time they left. If we ever need service again I highly recommend this company and would request Mike and John to do the work! Great experience. Thank you. Victoria and Dale

Description of Work
Bathroom sink was leaking.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

04/15/2017

LINDA T.

very professional,. they took pains to keep carpet and floors clean. I have used them many times in the past.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/10/2017

Max G.

Great job, very courteous employees.

Description of Work
Many things over many years.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

02/02/2017

GEORGEANNA R.

They were quite nice. They were very professional. I really liked how they texted a picture of their representative that was coming. I had a time. Everything was clearly marked. They were very neat and took care of their work. It was nearly $600 which was much more than I thought it was going to be but it turned out to be an elusive problem so therefore they spent a good deal of time.

Description of Work
They cleared a shower drain.

Category drain cleaning

01/30/2017

LINDA T.

Jose arrived on time with his assistant Bailey. They were professional, in company attire. The office even texted me with a photo of Jose so I'd be able to identify him at the door. Jose took efforts not to damage floors or other structures while doing the labor. He explained with each step what they were doing. Since my house is nearly 60 years old and the previous water heater an older generation, there were additional steps that he needed to take to install the new heater. It went very smoothly. I am very pleased with Santhoff. I've used them before and plan to continue to use them for all my plumbing needs. Some day there will be re-piping to do and I understand from another source that they are quite good at that as well. Cost of installation 40 gallon short Rheem water heater with connections, etc. Plus running new line to outside. $1730 less $150 discount from coupon for new water heater (Angie's list coupon but there was an identical one on their site)= $1580. If there were a way to give a Page of Happiness, I'd do it!

Description of Work
It began with what I thought was a water heater leak over a bedroom. I called in Santhoff. They had done work for me before and I have been impressed with their integrity. They do not upset! Jose came in and determined it was not a water heater leak but an air conditioning leak. We did discuss at that time I would like a new water heater since mine was getting old and there are newer better insulated ones. He measured and my attic space was large enough for the new models. He returned after our attic stairs were replaced (whole other story!) a week later.

Category water heater repair

12/12/2016

James T.

Great job, professional, courteous.

Description of Work
Test shower pan to check for leaks

09/02/2016

Wendy V.

They are expensive but I found it worth it. They've out here 3 times I think for different reasons and I hadn't had any plumbing work done for years before them. So I suspect everybody is expensive but I remember that they were recommended to me and I don't remember by whom. I just remember the guy who came was good and fixed things really quickly. They often give you a range that they'll be there between 2:00 and 4:00 and they arrive at 3:30 so I don't know if you consider that punctual.

Description of Work
They did plumbing.

07/12/2016

Kyle W.

It went okay. The dispatcher forgot to dispatch someone to my house, so I waited an extra two hours. Once the repairman came though it went well. He was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
I asked them to come and take a look at some plumbing issues. Leaky faucet, slow flushing toilet, slow draining shower.

Category plumbing

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], First and foremost "Thank you" for choosing Santhoff Plumbing for your plumbing needs. We truly apologize for the delay with sending a technician to your home and understand that your time is valuable. Without your feedback we are unable to address and ultimately correct this service issue. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to servicing you in the future! Jason Santhoff General Manager

06/27/2016

Marco C.

The experience was not good. My water heater is in the attic and has had a history of turning off after strong wind storms possibly due to down drafts from the exhaust pipe. On one particular morning this month, the pilot piezoelectric pilot lighter finally gave out and would not light any longer. I had used Santhoff in past to repair a shower and that went well so I decided to give them another go for the water heater. The team of two arrived in the afternoon around 3:30-4pm. I should note that my wife is recovering from surgery and so there is a bit of urgency to get hot water back in the house as soon as possible. I accompanied the techs to the attic to explain the problem and the history of the water heater. The house is just 5 years old and the water heater was brand new installed. The tech examined the pilot light switch and verified that the switch itself still worked. However, at this point, he stated that to really troubleshoot the water heater, he would need to charge me $150 to disassemble the pilot/burner assembly. This is in addition to the call out charge. I thought was outrageous, protested a bit but again, since it's the end of the day and I desperately needed hot water, I said go for it. I stepped away into my office downstairs and within less than 2 minutes was called back up to the attic. The tech now had the burner assembly in his hand and explained that I needed a new water heater. He showed me the condensation inside the heater and said water had seeped into the exhaust pipe during the storm and that the whole water heater was shot and needed to be replaced. I protested and explained that the heater is just 5 years old and how could it need replacement. I then focused our conversation on the burner assembly and suggested that we fixed the broken part as a solution instead of replacing the whole water heater after all, he could not convince me that the the entire water heater was in fact broken. The only thing we did know what the that the lighter switch worked but the pilot light would not come on. Therefore, the problem may just be the piezoelectric lighter itself and not the whole water heater, at least this was the logic I had. And I asked him what he though that the part could be under warranty from the manufacturer. He shrugged and didn't really say much but said probably not since it was 5 years old. Also, considering it took only 2 minutes to disassemble the part he said would cost $150 to perform the work, I again protested and said I would pay him to just replace the broken part. He conceded and agreed. Also considering still the exhaust cap and possible down draft issue, the tech inspected it and said he could offer something better. I agreed and asked for a quote. At this point, he and his helper went to their truck to find the parts and call their office for information. Around 4:30, the tech was ready with his quote and I asked to see the parts. $375 for the burner assembly and $75 for the new exhaust cap. I took one look at the exhaust cap and laughed. It was dented and just plain simple. $75 for this!? I told him that I would not go that but let's go for the $375 burner assembly, use my Angie's List coupon for $24 service charge. I inspected the burner assembly and it looked fine and appeared new. The techs started work, I went to my office and within another few minutes, they came back down from the attic reporting a problem. It seemed that the new burner assembly did not have a gas line long enough to be assembled properly. It now being close to 5, the tech stated he would have to cancel the agreed work and get someone else to come out the next day. I was disappointed to say the least but asked that I get the quote in writing. This took several minutes for some reason but when I got the quote, he said he would have to charge me the full service charge and not apply the coupon I had but said the coupon could be used on the service the next day when either he or another tech would finish the repair. At this point, I suppose I was tired of discussing the issue and agreed to pay him probably more to just pay him to leave. I reviewed the quote and again he "highly recommended" that I replace the water heater for $2000. The tech left and it was at this point that I got on the phone and called the manufacturer. A short time later, I explained the issue, was assured by the company rep that the part was under warranty and that I could get a replacement. Oh and by the way, the water heater was not broken but just the part...that is, just the pilot assembly and not even the entire burner assembly. I was given a reference number and some local distributors to call. Later that evening, I noticed that the pilot later was missing! The tech had taken it with him. I was a bit angry at this discovery and called the tech on his cell, no answer. The next morning, sent him a text, no answer. Finally called the office and asked to speak with him and he didn't know what I was talking about. Later, he eventually found the part and brought it to my house. I declined the offer for repair the heater and left it at that. That same day, I found the part locally, disassembled the burner assembly and reassembled with the new part in no time at all. Honestly, it took me longer to drive to the distributor and then to Home Depot to buy a gas detector wand (just to be sure I did the job right) than it did to repair the burner assembly. Saved myself $2000 and kept the same water heater. Two weeks later, still have hot water and no further issues. I should have mentioned to the tech that I'm a mechanical engineer and wouldn't easily fall for his story to replace the water heater for no good reason. Lesson learned, don't assume your customers know nothing. Also, don't take parts that don't belong to you.

Description of Work
Service charge to inspect a broken water heater.

Category water heater repair

04/18/2016

William H.

In my opinion, the only question concerning their failed attempt to unclog my drain is: Was their incompetence deliberate? Mac, the plumber they sent, acted totally unlike any other contractor I have encountered as he supposedly made 3 attempts to unclog the drain each time telling his assistant to make a note of what he found and looking at me in an odd way each time that made me feel something was up. Mac then said I needed a new drain line from the kitchen sink and my washing machine which involved tearing up my driveway and running the new drain line horizontally across my front yard. Total cost $6400.00. He said there was no way to unclog my drain. I called Chavez Plumbing which is on Angie's List and they unclogged my drain in 20 minutes for $59.00 less the Santhoff Plumbing charged me for merely giving me an estimate. My total cost would have been much more than $6400.oo since my driveway would have been so torn up that I would have needed to replace the entire driveway afterwards. I waited until now to make this review to be sure that the work by Chavez Plumbing was a permanent fix. It was.

Description of Work
Attempted to unclog kitchen drain and gave an estimate of $6400.00 to fix issue.

Category plumbing

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the detailed feedback! We highly recommend that our clients obtain estimates/second opinions from other reputable plumbing companies especially for jobs of this magnitude. Under normal circumstances due to Mac's complete understanding of a home's sanitary system and years upon years of cleaning sanitary lines when he recommends a line replacement his assessment is accurate. Did the other reputable Plumbing company camera the kitchen sink line to ensure the pipe was not separated or perhaps roots we're growing into the pipe? If not we would like to send our drain specialist "Mac" out to camera the line free of charge. On another note are you starting to notice any slow draining on this line since the cleaning? Please forgive me if I am wrong but, your home was built in the 60's which means that the sanitary drain system is most likely cast iron. Cast Iron was utilized during this era and under normal circumstances will serve it's purpose for approximately 40 to 50 years but, over time the cast iron pipe becomes brittle and will eventually need to be replaced. Please feel free to contact me directly for any questions you may have. Jason Santhoff General Manager 713-498-2631

03/09/2016

Andre L.

I had suspected a gas leak in my house, Mike came in and verified that it was not a gas leak. No service was provided but I was pleased with his courtesy and honesty.

Description of Work
Inspected possible gas leak

Category plumbing, gas leak repair