Richmond's Air

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2010

76 Yale St Ste 2

Houston, TX 77007

We offer top quality residential and commercial HVAC services including AC repair, heating and cooling service and maintenance, repair and installation of major HVAC systems, heating equipment and accessories, etc. As a premier Spring, Bellaire, Katy and Houston air conditioner company, Richmonds Air offers a wide range of air conditioner services to customers throughout the area including air conditioner repair, replacement and AC installation. Our goal is to provide the most reliable AC services in the area, as it is our mission to help you keep cool during the blazing summer heat and snug during the cool winter nights. We guarantee our customers quality service in a timely fashion. While that may seem like a simple creed, it is not very common in the HVAC industry ....

08/27/2021

Victor V.

My first visit went fine. Serviceman identified issue with my blower motor. I was told it was under warranty, but he had issues with Lennox being able to have parts. He and I would follow-up for a couple weeks, and then the serviceman went cold on me. Stopped returning my calls. When I attempted to call the office, I found that the office does not take ownership of the repairs. They put it all on the backs of the individual serviceman. I have continued to call over the past couple months, and have determined that they do not want to service my unit. This is unfortunate. The punchline is...the communication and follow-up is some of the worst I've experienced in the service industry. It's near non-existent. I would welcome the opportunity for them to fix my unit and I would happily take down this review, but I cannot do that.

Description of Work
HVAC Inspection

11/12/2019

Jim K.

Very well, fixed previous problem

Description of Work
Reconfigured furnace to be code compliant.

08/19/2019

Claire C.

Houstonians, if you are looking for an exceptional A/C company, look no further. My A/C went out this weekend (over 80 degrees in my house!) and I called Richmond's Air based on a friend's recommendation. James, the owner of the company, was at my house WITHIN THE HOUR on a weekend to fix my unit. Super courteous, fully explained the problem, and went out of his way to help me out of an emergency. He filled the unit with freon, and I slept in 69 degree air that night. His team returned at 8 a.m. to replace faulty evaporator coils. UNREAL service - He has a customer for life! THANK YOU, JAMES! #RichmondsAir #VeteranOwnedCompany #TellYourFriends #HoustonAC #BestServiceEver 👌❄️💯

Description of Work
A/C Unit Went Out in August Heat! Replaced faulty evaporator coils and filled unit with freon.

07/13/2019

greg B.

Excellent. They answered the phone call with a professional approach and showed up right on time. When they said 9am, they meant it. Jason was the tech and he was outstanding. Explained everything step by step, didn't leave a mess and went out of his way to give us the absolute best price. Excellent in every aspect.

Description of Work
Clean AC coils and stop water flow from upstairs unit

02/09/2018

Tammy O.

Great Experience! Called James, because we had seen on Yelp he had so many exceptional reviews. Well, they were correct! Called him in the morning and he was here in just a few hours. Had to pick up parts and came back and finished the job and A/C and Heat are up and running. It can be extremely difficult to find honest people that actually know there stuff and dont break your bank account! Thank you so much James and crew! See you in the spring

Description of Work
Blower replaced

02/07/2018

Laura D.

Great! Very professional and quick.

Description of Work
We had a leak in our attic looked at.

02/04/2018

William L.

I called for an appointment which they set for the next day. They arrived promptly and checked out the furnace immediately. The news is not what I wanted to hear but was explained with the facts, something that should have been done when I bought this system. The problem was resolved.

Description of Work
Had a problem with the all electric furnace in my home, the heat was inadequate and the fan running almost constantly.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,energy audit

12/09/2017

Christopher V.

Highly recommend Richmond’s air for air conditioning needs. The owner, James Richmond, came out just for a routine furnace inspection but I still received stellar service. I contacted James through Yelp messenger, got a reply back within minutes saying he would give me a call and in short order I had an appointment a few days later on a Saturday. James and his crew arrived right on time. They didn’t give me a window but a set time they were going to be there and they arrived right when they said they were. Nearly unheard of in this industry. Once they got here the entire crew was courteous and friendly. James also was patient in answering my numerous questions and even helping consult on a future remodeling project. All this was capped off by James going above and beyond on a doing some minor repair work and still charging the very reasonable rate that we previously agreed to. Simply put, a friendly service company that showed up on time, offered quality work and at an affordable price. Will be using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection

06/13/2017

Marcelo A.

Very Well.

Description of Work
Condenser unit switched out.

05/30/2017

Fawad S.

Before i start my review i request everyone to please do your research first before you believe in what your contractor is telling you cause 90% of the time it is based on false information and fear marketing tactics. Even the contractor has A ratings, still do your research!! Now lets get back to my review. I called Richmond Air on May 19th to service my 2 AC units for which they charged me $130. Alex came to our place ontime to do the servicing. While doing the service, She mentioned that my downstairs A/C has completely ran out of freon and that i should get the leaking evaporator coil replaced ASAP. She also mentioned that my upstairs unit is also low on Freon gas and it require couple of lbs of Freon. During the servicing she also mentioned that the capacitor installed on my outdoor unit require replacement as it was making continuous buzzing sound. She gave me a quote of $199 to replace the faulty capacitor. However she kept on insisting to replace the evaporator coils asap and warning me not to turn the ac on until then. She gave me a quote of $2,500 for the evaporator coil replacement and $5,500 for both condenser and evaporator coils replacement (Still don't know why they wanted me to replace both the coils?). I did not react to all the urgency that they are trying to bring on for me to quickly give them the go ahead to replace the coils. The reason: I already searched for the capacitor price while she was servicing the AC which is not more than $29 for which they were charging me $199. To cut the story short, i called another contractor and he gave me a quote of $2000. I did further research and one my friends recommended me another contractor who got the coils replaced in 40% less amount than what Richmond was charging me. Also the buzzing noise was not because of the capacitor but it was a connector issue that this contractor replaced for free. The upstairs unit where they told that the freon was low, had absolutely no issue and the pressure was absolutely fine. Just imagine how much $$ i would've wasted if i had used Richmond Air. Though i already have my $130 drained on a lousy service. Will never use this company ever again

Description of Work
AC routine servicing & Coils Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the feedback as a returning customer who requested the tech Alex that had came the year before so i'm puzzled though Im sure there was some kind of miscommunication i am glad you got your issue resolved though at 40% less would not be possible for the same quality equipment and workmanship though i only wish you had reached out to me as if anyone is not sure I would not want them to fill pressured in any way and i could have came to look at it myself. Best Regards, James Richmond

05/19/2017

Anne P.

We called around 5:30 and within an hour he came by the house which was great bc its Houston and we have a baby and we couldn't wait til the next day. He diagnosed the problem and fixed it very quickly. Very nice. Professional. Fast. We also appreciated that his cost to come out wasn't too expensive, unlike the three other ac repair places I contacted. We will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Downstairs AC stopped working. Turned out that our motor run compasator (I think that's what it's called) blew.

04/26/2017

Kevin L.

I messaged James from Richmond's Air late at night, and he agreed to come out the next morning! He was able to diagnose my issues and turns out it was a bad circuit board and James was able to grab a new OEM board from a store and come back to finish the job promptly.

Description of Work
My Nest thermostat was acting wonky (turning on the furnace for some reason.. I thought because of power sharing but it turned out not to be the case) and also my furnace wasn't heating properly even when then blower and furnace was on.

03/18/2017

Richard B.

Great - no problems or mess. System looks awesome and works perfectly!

Description of Work
James did a great job on a full HVAC replacement (air conditioner, furnace, and & evaporator coils) and all new ducts at a very fair price. He was very honest about the unit he thought would best for my home and didn't try to "up sell" at all. He also went ahead registered all of my units with American Standard to get the full warranty. I would recommend James and his team without hesitation!

01/28/2017

Duncan G.

Very good. Friday evening - very busy time but he arrived very quickly. Work took maybe an hour.

Description of Work
Fixed Heating system

01/05/2017

Henry R.

Perfect. The crew was on time, polite, and neat. The advice before the work was to the point and well-thought. The price was excellent and completed in about 5 hours. I strongly recommend this very fine company!

Description of Work
To replace and A/C unit and furnace.

06/01/2016

E. M. G.

I was recommended by StarTex Power to receive a complimentary AC Tune-up. I had been told from other providers that my A/C unit needed to be replaced because of a leak in the evaporator coil and the unit was over 19 years old. I was offered a very good deal. Significantly lower than what was previously quoted to me. Everything was installed to my satisfication. The company provided EXCELLENT customer service. All technicians were very polite and friendly. I am really pleased with the service provided.

Description of Work
Installed complete new American Standard Heating and Air Conditioning System.

12/25/2015

Kathryn D.

Description of Work
My furnace would not come on. I had had a previous opinion that the whole system (furnace and air conditioning) was really old and should be replaced. I got a quote over the phone. They came out and looked at my furnace and they replaced the entire system and the 40 year old ducts serving the system on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Very prompt and professional.

08/21/2015

Joe C.

Description of Work
They replaced a coil on our A/C.

05/31/2014

Gary C.

04/21/2014

Ann Y.

Arrived on time. Performed all needed services. Added small amounts of freon.

Description of Work
energy tune up. Cleaned 3 units