POWER VAC AMERICA

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2008

6613 SPRINGER ST

Houston, TX 77087

HVAC System and air duct cleaning since 1991. NADCA certified and licensed by the state of Texas. No job too big or too small....

06/11/2016

anthony M.

Power VAC confirmed our appointment the day before. They showed up on time. They put drop clothes where needed and did everything they could to prevents dust from spreading. The technicians where very friendly and professional. I am very pleased with the experience and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Our air ducts had not been cleaned in over 15 years. Power VAC America was hired to clean our all of our air ducts and check for any mold.

06/19/2015

Steve V.

Great, Honest company! The two Tech's showed up right on time and were very knowledgeable. In my case they looked in each vent with a ladder and flashlight, also looked at my indoor blower and furnace unit (only 3 years old) and suggested I not have them power vac-ed because of the kind of ducts and there was no visible mold and they were were all blowing pretty well and pretty clean! I am not at all knowledgeable about air ducts, so they could have conceivably stayed a couple hours and did a few superficial things and charged me several hundred dollars, but they did not. Very professional in that sense! Great, Honest company!

Description of Work
Suggested my duct system was working good right now and did not need major type power vac cleaning at this time.

04/03/2015

Fernando S.

This is what we learned after researching air duct cleaning companies: 1) Find a NADCA-certified company, check the NADCA website, read that site for more tips on evaluating a contractor. 2) Check consumer reports website for tips on how to select a contractor. 3) I prefer contractors who only do air duct cleanings. Others may try to sell other services right away. 4) Beware of contractors offering very cheap air duct cleaning. A contractor cannot make money if they were to charge only $99 for two persons, a vehicle, and their equipment. You have to assume that they will find other reasons to charge more when they come to your house. 5) Proper service in accordance with NADCA standards takes several hours of work and costs about $750 per air conditioning unit. This is not a quick job. 6) In order to treat or prevent against mold, they have to use chemicals. I suspect that if you don't use chemicals, mold would return a lot quicker. NADCA has a great white paper on chemicals, read it. 7) we called a few companies until we found one that met the qualifications and was available, we didn't go with the least expensive one. ***** Our experience: Hiring this company was a very straight-forward process, we scheduled it a couple of weeks ahead of time. We received an estimate via email, very clear. In addition to $750 per unit, they charge $25 per register (vents) with visible mold (they show it to you). We had about 25 registers (?), and they found visible mold in 6 of them (or so). They showed us the registers that needed the $25 treatment. We knew it was going to cost at least $1500, and they gave us their final estimate within minutes of arrival, after removing all the vents: $1500 plus $25 x (number of vents with mold). No other charges, no other surprises. They communicated with me the day before and arrived on time. The 2-person team is very professional. They give you a good explanation of their work if you ask. Kept the areas clean. The workers don't rest, they storm the house, each person doing a different task. They treated the affected vents with chemicals. They cleaned every single vent and duct using a long vacuum hose and a rotating brush. They cut big holes in the air conditioner plenum (two units) to treat the inside, and repaired the holes before they left. I had to call them back because their plenum patch did not hold. They apologized profuesley, came back the next day, and fixed it. No problem. They stayed in our house for about 5 hrs or so. Overall, a good experience, felt comfortable with the crew in my house. I think Mike was the lead

Description of Work
Cleaned air ducts in two air conditioner units. Removed mold, treated with mold-prevention chemicals.

11/25/2014

LeRoy Y.

They were responsive, helpful and showed up on time. They did a great job. I would recommend them. 0

Description of Work
I used Power Vac America for air duct cleaning. 0

12/30/2013

Richard T.

Power Vac cut access holes in the plenums of my two units, identified the upstairs unit as the source of the mold, cleaned it, resurfaced the interior with a mold-resistant coating, and did the same for three vents connected to the unit that had mold in them. They used powerful trailer-mounted suction unit to pull a strong vacuum on the system so anything they sprayed into or brushed loose from the ducts was pulled out of the house without contaminating the air or any of the surfaces in our home. They used rotating brushes on a flexible metal snake line to knock dust loose from the inside of the vents, and sprayed chemicals but we saw no dust escaping inside the house and didn't smell any of the chemicals. In the photos you can see the mold on the inside of our unit, the trailer-mounted vacuum unit, the hoses running from it and one of the brushes they used in the ducts. In and out in 4 hrs. Only downside: open door on a cold day. Expensive, but worth it for my family's health!

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning for two heating / AC units in our house. Noticed mold in one of the vents upstairs and set up a thorough cleaning by well-equipped professionals who were focused on interior air quality as opposed to carpet cleaners / storm cleanup companies who cleaned ducts as a sideline.

08/21/2013

linda S.

They were terrific. He showed up on time. He did a good job. I no longer have to fight dust on my furniture.

Description of Work
They cleaned my air ducts.

Category air duct cleaning

While we appreciate the great review, our records indicate that the cost of this job was $775 plus tax. Thanks. Doug Long Owner

02/14/2013

rich W.

.PowerVac America was very responsive and punctual in terms of making an initial appointment for an assessment and estimate. they provided an accurate and detailed explanation of the services and charges. When contracted to do the work they were able to schedule a date in a short amount of time, arrived on time and worked diligently until the work was completed. They provided a guarantee and agreed to schedule a 6 month followup to reassess whether or not there was any recurrence of problems. A day after the cleaning we noted some particulates being blown out of the vents. They came out immediately to check and remedy the situation. No further problems. I believe they were thorough and responsive.

Description of Work
Inspected, cleaned and applied biocide to ductwork for two complete AC systems. Installed filters on all registers to trap any mobile particulates (for monitoring purposes).

02/16/2012

Nancy M.

I got the estimate about two months ago. I haven't used them yet. The person who came out was very thorough, knowledgeable and good. He explained the different kinds of tactics that a lot of people use which are like really super cheap and then once they get in they try to add on all these other things. He was detailed, upfront and told everything that they would do. I liked him very much. The estimated price was $300. I would use them.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Power Vac America for all kinds of duct cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning

While we appreciate the review, our prices range between $750 and $1000 per AC system in a normal size home. The estimate of $300 might have been for the dryer ducts only. Thanks. Doug Long Owner

03/20/2010

CINDY S.

It went very well. They were very professional and completed the job in three hours. I've read about representatives of other companies trying to hard-sell additional services but I experienced none of that with Power Vac. My ducts and unit were pretty dirty and the house now smells very fresh and clean.

Description of Work
They cleaned and disinfected my air ducts and unit thoroughly. They also removed some mold (that my regular a/c guy had told me about) in the unit itself.

12/15/2008

Mark L.

Asked to come on 1 days notice they split teams to accommodate us and did a fantastic job with the service. Arrival was exactly in the middle of the time range given and the job cost exactly the quoted amount and the length of time estimated was within 20 minutes (pretty remarkable considering only 1 person came due to split teams). Their initial quote included full service, no need to add all of the "extras" their competitors charge for the basics (like cleaning air covers).

Description of Work
Air ducts vacuumed. All air covers cleaned + sanitized. Outside AC unit cleaned. Carpets around air ducts cleaned post service. Probably a few other things I don't remember (service occurred roughly 1 month ago).

Priority Home Services

At Priority Home Services, our mission is to be the providers who bring back that personal touch with our customers! We offer multiple services, making it a one stop shop. Our trained and skilled team of professionals offer exceptional service and deliver lasting value to your home. Locally owned and operated, our customers are like our neighbors and we constantly strive for your satisfaction! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Offers by Priority Home Services on Angi
    Clean Air Houston Pro

Clean Air Houston Pro is a local trusted company that service the Houston area for years now.

Offers by Clean Air Houston Pro on Angi
    Kelly's

KELLY'S is a locally owned Houston, TX business striving to repair, install and maintain all your residential and commercial HVAC units. With our fully licensed and insured specialize teams and use of the latest state of the art equipment we love to create a safer and cleaner environment. Keeping you, families, friends and love ones warm or cool. Check out our commercial: https://youtu.be/l96YzCJdo-I We offer service Monday – Sunday Fair price Free estimates Top-notch air conditioning technicians We are certified by OSHA We offer financing Unparalleled customer service Fully licensed and Insured

Offers by Kelly's on Angi

TACLA00028012E
    Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
    09/12/2016
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Air duct cleaning for your home or commercial building; HVAC system cleaning; HVAC fire/smoke/water remediation; Indoor air quality assessment and remediation; Dryer vent cleaning; Marine, ship, yacht, and offshore HVAC system cleaning.