HoustonHandyman.com

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2005

PO BOX 692395

Houston, TX 77269

"HOUSTON, WE HAVE YOUR HANDYMAN!" On Angie's List since 2004 and winner of SUPER SERVICE AWARD for 12 Years in a row! Family owned and Operated by Gary and Lorena Frith. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible by providing a smooth, favorable and overall positive experience every time. All our free estimates are labor only... material is not included so you will never be over charged and know exactly what was purchased. Through our commitment, years of experience, and expertise in the handyman business guided by Gary Frith's pursuit of excellence, we have established a friendly relationship with each and every client that we hope will last a lifetime. No need to look further, you have the found the home maintenance and repair handyman you and your home have been needing. Email us at email@HoustonHandyman.com for a free estimate. "Houston, we have your Handyman" Thank You so much and look forward to hearing from you! The Houston Handyman Team www.HoustonHandyman.com...

11/14/2020

Wes F.

Had an incorrectly installed door (and dog door) that needed to be replaced. Gary came out promptly and provided an estimate. On the day of the replacement, Gary was prompt, and kept me in the loop every step of the way, and addressed all of my concerns. I also had a small ad-hoc request that wasn't door related that was completed for a reasonable price. The work performed was outstanding and I'm very pleased. Wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
Door replacement

Category doors

03/21/2020

Robin K.

Gary was the best. So meticulous and everything wash done to perfection. He has a great work ethic. Pricing was reasonable for the work performed. I am so very grateful for all the work he did. He also hauled off miscellaneous items that I no longer needed. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Completion of garage storage system. that my late husband started but passed away before he could complete it. Replacement of rotted wood on 2 exterior door frames. Install recessed lights & raise height on chandelier . Repair/Replace/paint falling Sheetrock tape in MB. Other misc. repairs.

Category drywall,electrician,handyman service,lighting,house painters,doors

01/22/2020

WILLIAM D.

TL/DR version: Gary Frith dba HoustonHandyman.com can skillfully and cost-effectively fix or improve almost everything in your house. As the proverbially and prodigiously skilled jack-of-all-trades, he will earn and keep your trust. And you're going to end up giving his name and contact info to your own friends, who in turn will thank you profusely! Full version: With scheduling & support from his partner & spouse Lorena, Gary just finished (in January 2020) a multi-day home maintenance & repairs project for me. I'm a repeat customer, having engaged Houston Handyman for a similar project in 2011. Both times, he's resolved to my complete satisfaction an entire punch-list of nagging problems with my house — the elimination of which has made my everyday life much more convenient and pleasurable. His tasks for me, then and now, have included the installation of ceiling fans, recessed lighting, and switchboxes in several rooms; replacement of corroded faucets and toilets; a thorough roof inspection with multiple small fixes (many of which were correcting work done wrong by less meticulous and skilled workers); hanging several flatscreen TVs (with cabling concealed); cabinet repair & shelf-building; installation of doggie doors; and a bathroom tile project that still looks and functions like new nine full years later. For the relatively few kinds of tasks which he doesn't do regularly, he's nevertheless given me good, free advice, and several referrals to skilled and like-minded tradesmen. Gary is gregarious and straight-forward by nature and communicative by trade — which is to say that he will point out costs and benefits you may not have considered, he will share with you his own recommendations and ideas, and he will fully inform and involve you at every step of the way. He has a common-sense approach, and he will execute your instructions with integrity and skill. And Gary is the consummate small-businessman who depends on repeat and referral business: He stands behind his work, and you won’t get shuffled off to some clueless subordinate or subcontractor. Gary did comparison shopping online to get me the best prices on materials. He actually reads the instructions on products (like my fancy new, entirely decadent toilet seat that needed electrical and plumbing connections for its bidet functions)! Heck, Gary was even nice to my dog, who I think has concluded that Gary is now a member of our extended family. My dog’s not wrong. Gary & Lorena Frith’s results will more than satisfy you: They will GRATIFY you, based on both quality of the work and the reasonableness of his charges for it. And you will wish every tradesman you're obliged to hire were as rewarding to deal with as HoustonHandyman.com.

Description of Work
long punch-list of repairs & improvements

Category contractors,closet systems,drywall,electrician,fencing,gutter cleaning,gutter repair,handyman service,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,woodworking,ceiling fans,cabinet refacing

01/03/2020

Laurel T.

I called several times and got a recording saying the person I called “is unavailable. Please try your call later.” Maybe they just have too many jobs.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal

Category handyman service

06/19/2019

Dick S.

Very well. Gary showed up slightly ahead of schedule and proceeded with this assortment of small jobs. I was very impressed with both the speed and the quality of his work. Except for the A/C job, these were all small things I would have done myself a few years ago, but I could not have done them nearly as fast or as well. I did think the prices were a little high, but he is in high demand because of the quality of his work. Gary is about as down-to-earth and friendly as could be, and we will definitely call on him again.

Description of Work
Replace A/C in workshop, repair shutters, repair curb, fix shed door, etc.

Category contractors,concrete repair,electrician,handyman service,heating & air conditioning/hvac,doors

12/07/2018

Vera B.

Excellent work. Everything turned out perfectly. I call Gary every year for things I need repaired & always a satisfactory completion. Prices are reasonable, labor costs always stated up front, materials prices always given. He has been on Angie's List for 2017. He should also be on the 2018 BEST list.

Description of Work
repair sheetrock damage in a bedroom, repair split of screen room from house due to soil shifts, repair paneling in den that is buckling due to underground soil shift, repair of cracks in cement in screen room due to weather conditions, repair of weather stripping around door causing door not to close well.

Category drywall,handyman service

05/14/2018

Stephen R.

I filled out the inquiry form online, submitted pictures and a detailed message outlining work needed. It took several days before I received an email response. The response said they were not interested in doing the job. Not sure why since I talked to no one about the details, but I will never seek to use their services again.

Description of Work
Painting, Baseboard work, cabinet repair.

Category handyman service,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters,cabinet refacing

04/05/2018

Douglas D.

Gary did an excellent, quality job. We were very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Installed flooring in attic above garage and access pull-down ladder.

Category contractors,electrician,flooring contractor,handyman service,lighting

03/08/2018

Shannon H.

Not only was Gary on time for the estimate, but he was thorough and gave honest estimates. I really liked how he went over receipts on materials bought for the project, but he took his time and made sure it was done right. I was very pleased with this service provider.

Description of Work
There was storm damage to roof and leaks needed sealed. Drywall had to be fixed where water leaked into ceiling. Garage door frame was rotting from water coming in garage. Panels in garage ceiling coming loose had to be fixed back in place or they would have come down, and needed some painting.

Category drywall,plastering,roofing,woodworking,interior painters

10/18/2017

STEVEN S.

Gary was awesome! He fixed everything, even tricky things that required a few different tries to find the right solution. This is especially great for jobs that require different specialties - no paying multiple service fees and then having a half finished job, i.e. a fixed leak but drywall that still has to be repaired - he does it all! He was able to get all the parts, caulk, etc. so we didn't have to find them which saved us a huge hassle because he knew just what was needed and in just what amount. Gary even gave me advice on how to fix small things so I wouldn't have to call him or someone else which was super helpful! His estimate was very thorough so we knew exactly what different things would cost and could kind of pick and choose what we wanted to have him fix. His work was to the highest standard and everything looks fantastic. He works hard and is so courteous and professional! Gary is the best and I would highly recommend him!!

Description of Work
We just moved in and had a very long list of things! 4 days worth of work, including: repair a roof leak, caulking all around exterior windows and roofing areas, repair rotting wood around garage door, install chandelier in 2 story formal dining room, fix ceiling fan, fix outdoor fountain pump, add springs to fence doors, repair cracks in ceiling, install attic fans, repair drywall and retexture, and many other small jobs.

Category drywall,electrician,handyman service,heating & air conditioning/hvac,lighting,plumbing,ceiling fans

Moonlighting Outdoor Lighting Services

We aren’t as big as some of the other outdoor lighting companies, but that means we will work harder to earn your business, and when you call us you will talk with me, Dan Keim, the owner, not some answering service or salesman. Please let us show you how our personalized service is hard to equal and rarely beaten. Our factory-trained technicians are professional and courteous and will not stop until the customer is satisfied. We buy our products directly from the factory and pass that savings on to you.

J&M Pressure Washing

J&M Pressure washing is Veteran Family-owned company that offers the best service at an affordable rate. We specialize in soft washing roofs, and pressure washing driveways, sidewalks, pool areas and more. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

American Power Cleaning Services

Offers by American Power Cleaning Services on Angi

We provide general handyman repairs such as pressure washing, hardy plank & siding, home maintenance & repairs, windows & doors, gutter cleaning. painting, outdoor projects. pet door installation. carpentry, gas grill installation & cleaning, attic ladder installation, and attic flooring. Visit us online at HoustoHandyman.com to request an estimate or simply Email us with your project list for availability and a free estimate appointment at email@houstonhandyman.com.

We do not provide Emergency home repairs as all our appointments are booked in advance. Please Note we always identify ourselves with our website and company name: HoustonHandyman.com.