Heights Handyman

Founded 2008 • With Angi since March 2011

1350 Beall street

Houston, TX 77008

Scott understands your growing "To Do" list can feel overwhelming. This along with busy work schedules makes commitments to family and community difficult. Scott Nickell is a native Houstonian, and has actively been involved in his local community for years. As a homeowner, Scott was constantly frustrated with the level of workmanship and customer service common in the home improvement industry. Scott felt it was time to find a solution and decided to start his own handyman/remodeling company in Houston TX - Heights Handyman. Scott is dedicated to his community and has excellent work ethic. We specialize in home repairs and remodels. We have a well qualified group of team members and contractors that can do anything from your basic home repairs to painting, custom carpentry, tiling and flooring. We use licensed sub-contractors where required....

10/01/2018

Megan M.

Scott provided excellent service. We hired for several minor projects as a test run so that we could get a feel for bigger projects down the road. Will hire Scott again.

Description of Work
Minor projects around the house

07/11/2017

Priscilla A.

Painters were on time and finished the job in about 3 days. I marked areas that needed fixing with blue painters tape and they did fix all but 2 small areas that they didn't see (blue tape left behind where I had put it). The areas are small enough that I didn't see the need to call them back for it and I have left over paint where I can do it myself.

Description of Work
I had the entire 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2-story home painted (just walls, excluding trim). The price was reasonable, all things considered. They used eggshell finish. Since we don't have kids right now, that worked.

Category handyman service,interior painters

01/16/2017

Cecille R.

bad, it says the company works in Harris County; but he felt I was far away from him, when I know it is not true because I call another company from same surroundings and came to my house.

Description of Work
handyman work, several things

11/21/2016

Laura P.

Scott was pretty easy to work with, although he wasn't on the spot as far as communication. I hired him to paint my garage door and trim, and power wash and stain my deck, as well as some little odd jobs inside. All the work was done in a neat and through manner. However, I have been growing some ornamental grasses in my backyard to disguise my AC unit. I can understand if the painters needed to trim them back to paint. However, without asking, they pulled them out by the roots and dumped them on the other side of the AC unit. When I pointed this out to Scott, not only did he not apologize, he made no comment at all. So, while the work was done well, and in a timely manner, and the cost was reasonable, I am only giving three stars, due to the lack of respect for my landscaping.

Description of Work
Exterior painting (trim/deck) and some indoor repairs

Category handyman service,house painters

08/24/2016

Cathrin A.

Very unreliable. Missed their appointment to meet us at the house to talk through the needed repairs and take pictures. After many attempts to call them, we finally talked and they came and spent quite a bit of time walking through the house and taking pictures/videos. Said they would have a quote back to us within 48 hours, but never heard from them again. Tried calling and texting, but they vanished.

Description of Work
Variety of home repairs, with a few larger projects

Category handyman service

We have been unable to locate any record of communication with you prior to you posting this review on Angie's List. None of our service personnel have visited your address, and we believe it likely that you confused Heights Handyman with a similarly named business. With this in mind, we have notified customer service at Angie's List of a mistaken identity issue. If you believe this not to be the case, please give us a call at 281-971-9660.

06/15/2016

Ryan T.

They did great work. They fixed the sink and did a very good job of aligning it back with the countertop. I will definitely call them again for any future projects.

Description of Work
They fixed our kitchen sink after it fell out of the countertop.

Category countertops,handyman service

10/19/2015

Michael K.

I suspect he wasn't interested because I had a lot of small things that needed to be fixed. I tried to tell him what I needed, but he was not interested in details. Maybe if he knew that I had some big projects that I am planning, he would have been interested.

Description of Work
Nothing. I called and he returned my call a few days later. He was not at all interested in doing work for me. Said he was busy for the next week. Told him that was fine, he said he would check his schedule (he reported himself to be very busy) and would call me the next week. He called back about a week later and left a message saying he could not do the work and would have a good friend of his call me. Nothing happened after that.

08/19/2015

Sheila W.

Workman arrived on time and replaced rotten door frame wood.

Description of Work
Replaced wood around rotten porch door frame.

Category handyman service,woodworking,doors

08/08/2015

Matthew S.

The whole project went extremely smooth and the results are excellent. Scott and I scheduled a day with open hours for someone to come out and remove/replace/paint two sideboards of out garage that had severe wood rot. When I woke up that morning, I opened the gate for them to have access to the side of the garage and I pulled out the paint that was needed to paint the new wood to match the existing exterior. I left for the day. When I returned later that day I checked the work and it was excellent - you would never even know tha there was ever any rot on the side of the garage!

Description of Work
Replaced and painted two sideboards on our garage that has severe rot damage.

Category handyman service,woodworking,house painters

08/02/2015

Kristine B.

The crew spent three days in my (very small) repairing damage following the Memorial Day storms. They not only performed the work quickly and beautifully, they were also incredibly patient as I was unable to completely stay out of the way. The work was done exceptionally well and they cleaned up thoroughly.

Description of Work
Replaced the ceilings in two rooms and repair the ceiling in a third.

Category drywall,handyman service

Experience services

I Provide skilled and certified pressure washing services for all commercial and residential needs.

Wash Me Clean LLC

Is your house or business screaming "Wash Me Clean"? If so, you have found the right place. We are a family owned Pressure Washing company that specializes in Commercial and Residential Power Washing services in Houston and surrounding areas. We remove dirt, grime, mold and mildew from houses, buildings, driveways, walkways, curbs, parking lots, fences, gutters, and pools. Give us a call today for a free estimate. Let the professionals at Wash Me Clean Pressure Washing bring the sparkle back to your home or business today!

Houston Pressure Pros, LLC

Call or Text today for a FREE quote! (832) -225-2205. The process of pressure washing involves high-pressure water, with or without detergent or additives, to clean mold, dust, grime, oil, dirt, and other buildup from various surfaces, including fences, sidewalks, decks, patios, siding, and driveways. For driveways specifically, pressure washing is ideal because it offers a quick, easy way to clean the larger surface area. Keeping your driveway in good condition is critical to the upkeep and value of your home. Not only will it improve the longevity of your driveway, but it keeps it looking great for years to come. & if you're looking to sell, it will help your home sell faster, pressure washing has been known to improve home value between 5% and 10%. If your house is on the market for $250,000, on the low end you could be seeing an increase in value by $12,500. A small investment can make a BIG difference to the value of your home. We are a small, local, owner-operated business with a little over 4 years of experience. Specializing in Driveways and Fences in particular. We guarantee a great job at a more than fair rate!

Check, PayPal

Home repairs & installations.