G & B Home Services

DONALD D.

Category remodeling

09/04/2012

Denis & Sandy O.

Did what he said he would do for the amount he quoted. I absolutely plan to use Gary again.

Description of Work
Gary was terrific. Installed 5 ceiling fans

Category furniture repair,ceiling fans,home remodeling

05/04/2012

Lindsey M.

The job was okay. In the beginning we had a head contractor but it seemed like he was just using different subs for all the jobs. When they showed up they would different things than what the contractor and I had talked about. If there was a problem the head contractor would fix it and he was always very pleasant.

Description of Work
They repaired damage from a broken pipe in our ceiling. New cabinets and backsplash.

Category home remodeling,cabinet refacing

06/09/2010

Kathy M.

I was desperate to get this vinyl flooring removed. My husband had tried at it but it was very difficult to get up the thick, sticky backing. I had made a couple of phone calls and somehow it was Jose who called me back. He was prompt at coming to give me an estimate and someone was available the following day to do the work. Francisco was the worker that came and he did a phenomenal job. It was perfect. My husband was against getting someone to do the job, but once he saw how well it was done, he didn't say another word. Not that I would have vinyl floor removed again, but I would call Jose again to do other work because of the prompt response, his friendly manner, and the excellent work that was done.

Description of Work
Remove vinyl floor from kitchen and dining room in preparation for ceramic tile installation.

Category flooring contractor,home remodeling

04/22/2010

Deborah L.

He figured out how to fix the chair and then came back and fixed the other three. Then he showed me how to do it in case they ever get loose again. He fixed all my chairs for the same prices I was quoted to fix just one by other companies. He was also able to come over the same day I called and then returned the chair the next day.

Description of Work
All my chairs were wobbly. I knew this was not his main line of work but real furniture restorers charge so much more it would have been more cost effective to buy new chairs. I had tried to use a joint tightening product on one chair; other repairers were going to charge more because I had tried to do it myself. He came to look at the chairs, he wasn't sure how he was going to it so he to one home to have a look.

Category furniture repair

09/18/2009

Russell G.

These projects was coincidental to major renovation that took four months. Painters were here whenever anything was ready for them. Jose oversaw the work, as well as doing the refinishing and staining. The stain was a dark cherry and somewhat difficult to achieve, but was perfect when complete. There was a lot of dust due the painters fixing all nail holes, and sanding to perfection. They did a good job trying to control the dust level, but with that much work, it is almost impossible. They cleaned at the end of each day, but there was always dust -- it comes with doing this and was not their fault. Overall, the work and finishes are excellent. I gave a "B" on price because Jose is not inexpensive -- however, you get what you pay for, and his work seems to be worth the price

Description of Work
Painted LR, DR, Upstairs hall, master closet, installed crown molding in Master Bedroom, upstairs hall, stained custom cabinets for master and guest bath, refinished & stained front door, refinished and stained 2-story stair railing. Do establish clear lines of communication. The ceiling in the Master Bedroom had to be redone because of miscommunications among me, the main contractor and the painting contractor. I wanted a smooth finish with no texture -- when it was finished, it was highly textured. However, it was redone at no cost to me.

09/18/2009

Russell G.

Because Jose had refinished my front door and stair rail so well, I asked him to see what he could do with the desk. He returned it in about 2 weeks. I thought it looked beautiful, but he was not satisfied. He said he would come back the following week to do some more work. He returned, did more fine finish sanding and re-laquered the piece. It is perfect.

Description of Work
Jose refinished a desk that I had had refinished, but was unhappy with the result. Jose's refinish made the desk look perfect.

Category furniture repair

08/21/2009

MARC B.

We called 3 services providers, all from Angie's list. Manuel was sub-contracted out by another company who did work for us previously in Houston, and we found here on Angie's list (our new house is in Southwest Austin). After initial pricing, we did not deal directly with the contractor, only Manuel. He came in under the cost of the other painters that gave quotes and he offerred more services, like painting the cabinets. He brought in a team of guys who worked diligently to finish within our time frame of one week. Manuel did not just supervise, he took down our front door and sanded and re-stained it by hand. When we looked for him, we always found him painting alongside his team. When we did the walk through at the end, he had someone follow us to make sure everything was right. In some places he had to re-sheetrock where there were bulges or errors underneath the paint. We did find we had to touch up some minor areas after they left, but the overall job was better than I had expected, especially for the price. His attitude and service was professional and courteous at all times. I would highly recommend Manuel and his team for interior paint. When it comes to painting the outside, we will definitely call him back. Note: he is also bilingual. My husband is learning Spanish and asked only to be spoken to in Spanish, he happily obliged. (He talked to me in fluent English, however).

Description of Work
Interior paint and texture of all walls; sand and paint all trim, woodwork, and cabinets; paint ceilings

06/05/2009

Russell G.

This has been a three month remodeling job. G & B did a lot of work -- so the price is not as bad as it may seem. They basically painted the entire interior of my home. G & B Home Services' work was subcontracted by Home Remedy. The painting, tile work, refinishing and staining are beautiful. I gave a "B" on price only because they are not the least expensive, nor the most expensive. But the work, punctuality, professionalism and the honesty and decency of their team is "A" all the way.

Description of Work
Interior painting, floating sheetrock, installing marble tile, refinishing banister, staining custom built cabinets. Do review the work; don't hesitate to point out imperfections, problems -- they will immediately fix it to your satisfaction. If you have wood to be stained, ask Manuel to do it -- His work is gorgeous. The cherry stain on my custom bath cabinets is perfect. If you have cabinets, desk tops, bookshelves to be painted with semi-gloss and lacquered, they do a wonderful job. You do have to remind them to use dust abatement procedures, such as taping doors closed, covering air returns while they are working, opening windows, using fans to exhaust dust and fumes, and putting down plastic covering. Otherwise, I think they could paint anything without a drop cloth, but they are very careful about taping and covering other surfaces to protect them from any possible drips or spatters.

Roscoe's Front Door Refinishing & More LLC

Eldridge Roofing & Restoration, Inc.

Eldridge Roofing & Restoration, Inc. is family owned and operated. We are a BBB Accredited Business with many certifications, such as GAF Master Elite Contractor, HAAG Certified, IICRC Certified (Master Water, Fire, and Textile Restorer). We are members of multiple associations, including RCAT (Roofing Contractors Association of Texas) and Chamber of Commerce. We also hold a Real Estate Broker/Agents Licenses. We believe 110% in "People Before Profit."

All Dry Services of SW Houston

We offer quality water and mold remediation services at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate; call 281-731-1428 or e-mail: jim.tolsma@myalldry.com. If a pipe breaks, the roof leaks, or the bayou overflows, causing a water mess in your home or business, we can clean it up and dry it out. If you suspect you have mold, we can help you get an assessor out to verify that it is mold (or not) and write a remediation protocol per Texas regulations, and remediate the mold issue per the protocol if mold was confirmed by the assessor.

Offers by All Dry Services of SW Houston on Angi

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Sheetrock hanging, sheetrock repairs, tape and float, texture, interior painting, cabinet finishing, tub refinishing, power wash, exterior painting, door refinishing, deck stains, wood stains & wall murals.