FIREPLACE MAN INC

Founded 1949 • With Angi since February 2004

5902 SOUTH WEST FREEWAY

Houston, TX 77057

The Fireplace Man, Inc. was established in 1949 and continues to be a professional, friendly, family owned and operated company based in Houston, TX. We have 21 Live Burning Displays and the most realistic looking logs in the world. "We build new Fireplaces the old fashioned way, all brick... or factory built." - G.Edward Birnbaum (Owner/Operator) ...

02/19/2022

Michael H.

My wife and I recently called and then physically went to the store and met Ray who showed us a variety of gas logs for our wood-burning fireplace and we selected the Big Tex set with double burner since we had a large and tall fireplace. They scheduled us for installation 2 to 3 weeks out and everything went perfectly and we could not be happier with our new gas logs. They look exceptionally real!! Thank You!!!! While I realize there have been some negative reviews of this business OUR experience was exceptional!!

Description of Work
Convert Wood Fireplace to Gas Logs

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces,gas logs

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your experience we really appreciate it!

11/20/2017

Elizabeth M.

Great— Robert took care of the installation. It also required coordination with a plumber to turn off and on the gas to the fireplace since Robert doesn’t do that.

Description of Work
Replaced a flooded fireplace

Category remodeling,fireplaces

10/04/2017

Amy A.

Had to have the chimney repaired again two months later.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney caps,fireplaces

03/20/2017

Vaughan C.

Great… two chimneys a cleaning and interior and exterior inspection and report. Very through.

Description of Work
Chimney flue cleaning and inspection

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

05/02/2016

Christina R.

I had actually had a different company come a few months ago and they said they couldn't fix my fireplace. So I had gone to Fireplace Man's showroom to buy a whole new fireplace, anticipating it would cost me between $3000 and $5000. When I told the people there about my experience, they said their technician could almost certainly fix my current fireplace, so I decided to let them try. In contrast to the first company, whose worker could not even find the model tag of my logs, this fellow immediately found it, disassembled everything, ascertained the flawed part, and the next day brought a replacement. Now my fireplace is working great, and I saved a significant amount of money over replacing the whole thing. I was flabbergasted at the cost of the part; however, apparently fireplace parts for my model are discontinued, and it's a big problem to find the right replacement that can be warrantied. The part was $600, and the rest of the cost was labor. Money well spent. I recommend Fireplace Man because of their skill, and the fact that they passed up a chance to sell me a costly new unit. That kind of integrity earns a lot of goodwill from me.

Description of Work
Replaced the failed valve on my gas fireplace.

04/16/2015

Doug C.

They were kind of so-so. We paid him $50 to come out and take a look at our fireplace. He said everything was okay. He didn't see anything. He seemed pretty thorough. However, I looked into the fireplace later on and I looked up and saw that all the grout was missing. It had all fallen out. He had gone through the roof of our firebox and ruined our manhole. We fixed it ourselves.

Description of Work
He inspected our chimney.

Category chimney sweep

04/10/2015

KATHLEEN W.

He was very good and he did not try to sell us a bunch of stuff. The professionalism was very good and he kept everything clean.

Description of Work
I use Fireplace Man and he cleaned the chimney.

Category chimney sweep

02/24/2015

Christine S.

Terrible experince. This company will rip you off. Not only are the prices unreasonable, the owner is rude and unprofessional. Check the Yelp reviews which will say the same. (My husband booked this guy w/o checking reviews) The service rep was nice enough. Spent an hour and a half at our house. Fixed one break in the main gas line that runs from our house to our outdoor gas lanterns. Charged us over $600. This was not the agreed upon cost. When we asked questions the owner, Eddie, became confentational, rude and condescending. The company is unprofessional and a complete rip off.

Description of Work
Serviced a gas line that runs to 3 lanterns in the backyard.

02/16/2015

Suzanne R.

All good! Service person arrived as expected. I received a pre-service reminder call. Service was completed in a timely manner, restoring the function of my gas fireplace.

Description of Work
Cleaned and repaired gas fireplace

12/31/2014

Andy C.

We visited the provider's showroom, discussed various options with the salesperson then purchased a burner, automatic lighter and glass rocks and scheduled the installation. I told the salesperson the size of our fireplace and he indicated that the installation technician would need to bring two differently sized burners with him to ensure it was properly sized for our fireplace area. The salesperson was very professional and courteous. The technician arrived a little late, but was very courteous. He had only brought one burner (the larger size) with him, but insisted it was the proper size for the fireplace area (it went from one side of the fireplace all the way to the opposite side). The installation seemed pretty difficult with the technician having to bend and coil much of the gas tubing in order to squeeze in the automatic lighter and larger burner. Eventually, he was able to squish it all in and light it up. We were happy to have our beautiful, brand new fireplace installation working! That evening when using the fireplace, we noticed that flames were coming up from behind the ceramic plates that line the fireplace. Not knowing the source of the fire and concerned we had a leak somewhere, we immediately shut off the gas. The next day, we called the Fireplace Man and the owner told us we were running it too high. When we told him that his company had installed it with an automatic starter that controls the gas flow. He then told us that the pan was set too far back. He informed us that we needed to fix it by digging out all the glass rocks and resetting the pan. He did not offer to have his technician come out and fix the problem he had created. He recommended that I do it myself. On systems I'm not trained to fix. That was all I needed to hear, so we called another company out who indicated that the burner was oversized for the space, they put in a smaller burner and now everything works perfectly. This other company also indicated that they could have done it for about half the cost. I will not use the Fireplace Man ever again and suggest you do not do so either. I believe there are better options for you that can be found on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Provider checked the chimney for safety and then installed a brand new gas burner, automatic lighter and glass rocks.

All States Service Pro - Houston

All States Service Pro is the largest and most popular home services company in the nation. All States Service Pro can help meet your needs with exceptional service at an affordable price. We are available 24/7 by phone and offer same day service seven days a week, so give us a call and book an appointment if you’re interested.

Offers by All States Service Pro - Houston on Angi
    ACW Jet Wash

We Clean just about anything!! Commercial and Residential Pressure washing, Concrete Driveway wash and seal, Deck and Patio restoration. House Washing, Exterior structures. Stucco siding and Brick masonry Soft and power washing

Space City Lights

Space City Lights provides residential and commercial outdoor lighting and electrical product sales, installation, and maintenance.

Offers by Space City Lights on Angi
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

The Fireplace Man offers a wide variety of professional Services that include, Designing and Building Outdoor Kitchens, Chimney Cleaning, Chimney Inspections, Relines, Glass Door Installations, Fireplace Door Measurements, Firebox Repairs, Leak Repairs, BBQ Installations, Gas Grill Installations, Mantel Installations, Custom Stone Installations, Building and Designing Fireplaces, Gas Light Installations, Chimney Caps, Bird Removal and more.