Express Pool Plastering

Founded 1999 • With Angi since November 2006

3803 LAUDER RD

Houston, TX 77039

Our specialty is swimming pool remodels (swimming pool replaster, retile and recoping). Express pool plastering is an accredited business with the greater houston bbb and currently holds an a+ rating! All estimates are free. We are insured & family owned. We accept all major credit cards. Ask about angie's list discount....

03/05/2021

Naheed J.

Be Aware of Express Pool Plastering & Repairs! My pool was inspected by the owner Julio Rivas three days ago and ever since I have been getting a run around, left tens of messages for the owner Julio Rivas but never received a call back. Spoke to the office several times and the office kept saying that someone will call.

Description of Work
Estimate - They inspected for estimate but never provided the estimate

Category ceramic tile, plastering, plumbing, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Dear [Member Name Removed]. We understand your frustration and can assure you we do not want to disappoint you. There seems to be some unresolved issues in reference to your investment property you had us visit. Unfortunately, we do not get involved in litigation matters. We appreciate you reaching out and wish you well.

09/15/2019

Scott W.

The crews were efficient and very skilled. I greatly appreciate the high integrity they showed in making sure we were satisfied with the final job.

Description of Work
Replace tile, coping, replaster

11/20/2018

Sue S.

Julio, from Express Pool and Repair response was fast and efficient. He came out and measured our pool. He gave us a quote and once we picked out our new tile, the job started shortly after that. The pool was retiled and replastered in a fast and efficient manner. We got several quotes for this service, and Express Pools were in-line with the other quotes received. We took the chance because of other positive reviews we read. Our pool turned out beautiful. The new tile gave the pool a more updated look. The replastered pool is smooth and beautiful again. We will definitely use Express Pools and Repair for our future needs.

Description of Work
Retiled and replastered swimming pool

Category ceramic tile, plastering, pool cleaners

10/12/2018

Larissa G.

My husband and I hesitated for years thinking of the hassle and money it would be to renovate our pool but thanks to Express pool plastering and their staff renewing our pool was easy. Their showroom gave us the opportunity to select the new colors of the pool in a much faster way. We are very satisfied with all the work they did plumbing, lighting, plastering, and ceramic tile. I have recommended Express pool plastering for all my friends.

Description of Work
Update our old pool

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plastering, plumbing

10/11/2018

Taylor D.

We had renovations done in our rental home swimming pool and we had a pool built in our new home. The entire team provided excellent customer service and was very respectful. We love our new pool. I highly recommend this company. Two thumbs up!

Description of Work
Renovations and New Contruction

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plastering, plumbing, pool cleaners, swimming pools

07/29/2018

David C.

They made an appointment to give me an estimate and never showed up or called to explain. Wasted 2+ hours of my time as appointment was a 2 hour window of time.

Description of Work
Re plaster pool

Category pool cleaners

[Member Name Removed], Unfortunately, we did oversee your appointment. It is our goal to provide the best customer service possible and we greatly appreciate you meeting with us after this mishap. After this oversight occurred, we made an internal operational change to ensure this doesn't happen again. We hope you give us the opportunity to do business with you in the near future! Again, thank you for making us aware!

04/29/2018

john C.

Very professional services. On time, on budget and the work crews were efficient. They performed high quality work and kept the job site very clean. I would highly recommend their services. My pool has never looked as good as it does now.

Description of Work
Replaster and retile pool

Category ceramic tile, plastering

04/18/2018

KOKO M.

They were very professional and punctual on time. Their response to my questions by email was quick, and their start-up service after plaster was detailed and excellent.

Description of Work
Replaster pool

Category plastering

04/18/2018

Kevin M.

We are very pleased with the outstanding work performed by Express Pool Plastering. We had several estimates but Express Pool Plastering provided exceptional value for the work performed. The work was of very high quality, performed in a timely manner, and clean up was impeccable. The crews were very knowledgeable and took the time to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction. They were always available to answer questions and kept me informed as work progressed. My twenty-one year old pool looks fantastic. We absolutely love the new look! They clearly exceeded all of our expectations and are highly recommended.

Description of Work
New Tile and Plaster

Category ceramic tile, plastering

04/09/2018

gabby S.

Julio/Veronica (the duo) from Express Pool are amazing. I never received any very quick response like this duo did. Julio came to give free estimate and we scheduled the work with estimation about 4 days. The duo has different teams to do the job, plastering team, coping team, and so on. First day they emptied the pool (my pool is medium size) and demo old flagstones. 2nd day new flagstones done and some of tiling. 3rd day finishing tiling and 4th day plastering and filling the water. They also can direct you to have acid wash company they normally use. No pressure. The whole job was efficient and my pool is really beautiful. There was a time when I called them as I saw 4-5 brown spots on my pool floor after a couple weeks and they addressed that by sending their man and he showed me it was small leaves from my tree that sitting on the floor (and I could not use the polaris cleaner for 1 month-other wise it would pick up the dirt). I think I used very wise my money to have their service. I can not thankful enough for their care to their customer. Kudos for the Duo and Express Pool!

Description of Work
Replaster/retile/recoping/deck o seal

08/21/2017

John M.

Everything went fine. We got in the new old pool Saturday after a week of conditioning.

Description of Work
Replastered the pool and repaired lighting and waterfalls.

07/27/2017

Gregory C.

The arrived as scheduled and when weather threatened on the 2nd day, they sent extra crew in order to finish early to prevent problems the rain could cause with the plaster if the pool wasn't filled first.

Description of Work
Replastered my pool and cleaned tile.

07/10/2017

Marna E.

Went very smoothly. No issues. Looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Full re plaster

06/24/2017

Liz E.

Fantastic and very economical compared to other bids I received.

Description of Work
Pool replaster.

06/06/2017

Ellis T.

It went overall very well. There were, of course, some issues along the way which can be expected with a project of this nature, but everything was completed to my satisfaction in the end.

Description of Work
Total pool remodel and repair of a 20 year old pool.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plastering, plumbing, pool cleaners, deck cleaning, swimming pools

06/02/2017

Bennett W.

Exceptionally well, Gabriel (the project manager) was unfailingly accessible, responsive, and unflappable. The project proceeded on time and on budget, and the few times a minor issue came up, Gabriel immediately addressed it and resolved it to our satisfaction. And the follow up service has been as outstanding as the project itself. Long after the last check was cashed Express Pool promptly responds to our questions and even provided some advice on a pool issue not directly related to the project.

Description of Work
Express Pool Plastering & Repair performed a complete demolition and renovation on our backyard patio and pool - taking out the old concrete slab patio, the old water feature, putting in a large travertine paver patio, building a new water feature, resurfacing the pool with new coping and waterline tile - a transformation of our backyard space.

06/02/2017

Dianna M.

Entire process was smooth. No hard sale, crews were on time, cleaned up after themselves. Pool looks amazing and changes entire appearance and feel of my backyard. Will hire again to build waterfall in future.

Description of Work
15,000 gallon pool replastered, tile replaced, lights, jets and drain covers replaced.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plastering, pool cleaners

05/22/2017

allan S.

Express Pool Plastering provided first class professional service from providing the bid, assisting with recommendations on products to use, removing old tile, coping, replace skimmer and preparing a painted pool to receive new tile, coping and plaster. Also repaired bad spots in concrete deck with new expansion joints and resurfaced. Also referred us to an experienced pool maintenance company to do the startup on the new remodeled pool. We are extremely pleased with the finished product and have already recommended them to several other people wanting to redo their pools. I did a lot of research on Angie's list and the BBB and Express Pool Plastering was the only company I had provide me a quote and I was comfortable going with them and I am glad I did. I don't know what other companies have to offer, but I don't think you would go wrong using Express Pool Plastering.

Description of Work
Had my 37 year old pool redone by Express Pool Plastering. The work included replacing tile, coping, light and skimmer and re-plaster pool and resurface deck around the pool.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plastering, pool cleaners, deck cleaning

05/19/2017

Don M.

Our backyard pool is important to us. We sought out this company based on Angie's List comments and weren't disappointed. Work is excellent, including follow up to correct minor problem. Completed pool is beautiful. Price was very reasonable and competitive. This is a professional and successful family run business. Employees we encountered professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Plaster removal and replaced with pebble

05/01/2017

Len C.

Work was started and finished satisfactorily on time.

Description of Work
Pool replastered

04/23/2017

Earl H.

They provided a detailed estimate with options and recommendations. Questions were answered promptly with good detail. The prep crew arrived as scheduled, drained the pool, did the prep work (extensive), and made repairs. The plaster crew arrived the next day and completed the job. The amount of work and skill level was impressive - these guy's are good at what they do. Office communications were excellent and documents (warranty, etc.) were received promptly.

Description of Work
Replaster pool and repair some damaged coping / tile.

04/11/2017

Wanda D.

They were ok, but I haven't done anything yet. I had a major problem at the property because we had a sewer line crack, so the pool is on hold right now. They were very responsive. As far as calling me back and giving me a proposal, they were very good. They didn't do any work yet, but they were very good at responding. I was trying to compare apples to apples as far as price was concerned. They didn't kind of like give me apples to apples. They gave me a quote but it wasn't exactly like everybody else gave. They were fair.

Description of Work
They came and gave me an estimate on re plastering the pool that I have.

04/10/2017

christine G.

We got them off of Angie’s List. They were great, they were fine. We did a couple of bids and the price was comparable, it was acceptable. We shopped around.

Description of Work
They replastered our pool.

03/27/2017

AR A.

the office does not exactly know when the workers will show up. Also I have had to have them back out several times due to cracking of the decking. I do not believe we were told what to expect when covering over cool deck. They also did not chip up enough of the old deck b/c that is what is causing the cracking of the new. Also, the new light was installed crooked. They finally came back and fixed it, but we had to drain the pool and refill it at our cost. Now the light will not work consistently, and I have contacted them several times, but can never get anyone back out here. I have been VERY patient with them, but am extremely disappointed in the service we have been given for the amount of money we spent.

Description of Work
Total replaster of my pool. Total redecking of the concrete around the pool.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plastering, pool cleaners

03/20/2017

David B.

They showed up exactly on time every day. Everything went exactly as they said it would. We threw a last minute curve at them requesting some additional work that required an electrician. They made sure he was there in time to do his job and finish in order to not change the original plaster schedule.

Description of Work
Pool Replaster.

Category lighting, plastering