Custom Security Fence & Ironworks

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2004

Custom Security Fence & Iron Works LLC is a family owned business that has proudly served Houston for over 30 years and we welcome the opportunity to serve you. We take pride in our work and are committed to providing prompt service at very competitive prices. We specialize in three types of fencing, iron, wood, and chain link. We can also provide you with gate operators, custom iron gates, stairs, handrails, and security bars. The sales force is knowledgeable in all the products we sell and install and they strive to pass this information on to you. A large percentage of our business comes from referrals from our customers. 10 Employees. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charge may apply for gate operator repair estimates. This is because it will involve labor from our technician to identify the problem. Free estimates on new orders....

A & J Gate Operators

A & J Gate Operator in Houston, Texas, is the finest in automatic gate installation and repair. Our gate openers improve your life by helping ensure the security of your home while ensuring convenience. Accredited with the BBB.

Southland Fence

"Southland Fence provides custom built fences and gates for residential customers, custom home builders, wood fence contractors and commercial businesses in Houston and surrounding areas including Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond, Memorial, Pinehurst, Friendswood, Katy, Spring, Pearland, The Woodlands, Cypress, Tomball, Conroe, Klein, and more. Southland Fence is an 15-year BBB member, with a 2009 Better Business Bureau Gold Certificate for quality service, repairs, and has been serving Houston for more than 25 years. Visit us online or call today for more details, fence pricing, fence warranties, fence installations and seasonal offers on wood fence services, iron fence, chain link fence, aluminum fence, metal fence, custom gates and access controls."

Advanced Fences

Advanced Fences in Houston specializes in building custom ornamental iron driveway gates and fences that do more than simply mark your property. Along with crafting custom driveway gates and fences, we also install gate operators and access controls for your gate. Advanced Fences uses only top of the line products and materials combined with excellent craftmanship. When it comes to adding that special custom iron gate or fence, go with the premier automatic gate company that values your security, personal space and self-expression.

04/28/2020

lillian C.

very well, very professional and timely service, highly recommend

Description of Work
iron fence and gate

Category fencing,wrought iron,driveway gates

Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate your input and we strive to give our best possible service on every job.

04/23/2020

Irma T.

Great job! Would defiantly recommend them. Communication was fast and the project was done in a timely manner. Thank you

Description of Work
Wrought iron front enclosure

Category wrought iron

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to give our best possible service on every job. We look forward in serving you in all your fencing needs in the future.

04/14/2020

marcelo V.

Great looking gates, very happy with the product, installation and service. Emilio and his team took very good care of us, great company, congratulations and thanks.

Description of Work
double gates with motors

Category wrought iron,driveway gates

Thank you so much for providing your review. It means a lot to us to provide great service to our customers.

07/18/2015

Michael P.

My driveway gate was not closing properly and was making loud noises when opening. I called Customer Security Fence and Ironworks because I have used this company before. The technician arrived early. When I went outside he already had the gate open and was working on it. He told me that there was nothing wrong with the gate or the motor. The problem was that the gate hinges simply needed to be greased. Frankly, I felt kind of dumb for not figuring that out. But the technician was so nice about it. He explained that the gate needs to be greased one a quarter if needed. He showed me how to use a grease gun, how to grease the hinges, and what type of grease to use. I purchased a grease gun online and have recently greased the hinges. Worked great. The company clearly disclosed that there was a trip charge of $125 (not applied to work performed) plus materials. I thought the trip charge was kind of pricey especially since no portion of it is applied to the work. Oh well... Live and learn. I like this company and will continue to use them. It was a good experience.

Description of Work
Greased driveway gate hinges and motor arm.

06/22/2015

Nancy S.

Our electonic gate would not open. We called and made an appointment. They called in advance to confirm and arrived when they said they would. The technician spoke very little English. He repeatedly said to me "Broken. Broken." He opened the inside of the opener arm and touched one part and said "broken". I asked if he could fix it or we needed to replace it. He did not seem to understand. He then told us he was done and the gate worked with the remote but not with the key. He charged us $95 for the service call plus $30 for parts and labor. I am unclear if he made a perminant or temporary fix and what the issue is with the key opener. The next day a gentleman from the office called and left a message on my voicemail- asking how the service went. I returned the call a couple of days later and told the receptionist that I was unable to communicate with the technician and did not know what the issue was with the gate and what the issue is with the key (as it still does not work). She told me she would speak to her boss and get back to me. It has been one week and I haven't heard from him.

Description of Work
Repair gate opener

Category fencing,driveway gates

04/16/2015

Warren H.

Of the four fence companies that we contacted, Custom Security Fence was the only one that even replied. (We found all of them on Angie's List.) Agustin Ramos arrived at the promised time to look at the job in order to provide an estimate. His estimate arrived the next day, as promised, and it was better than we had feared. We gave the go-ahead. CSF contacted utilities to come and mark any underground cables and gas lines. We were told that the wait time would be 2-3 weeks. But about 10 days after our acceptance of the bid, Agustin called to say they could do the job the next day. The crew arrived on time, were courteous and tidy, and proceeded to create a beautiful, functional, high-quality fence within 4-5 hours. (Though tear-down and removal of the old fence was part of the original bid, the neighbor chose to do this himself, so I have no comments about that part of CSF's work.) We were asked to pay half upon accepting the bid, and Agustin called the day after the job was completed to ask if we were satisfied and to collect the remainder. All in all, we were very pleased with Custom Security Fence, and we would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Built a new cedar fence between our yard and neighbor's yard.

Category fencing,driveway gates

Thank you for your input. We appreciate your business and are glad you are happy with our service and our product!

03/19/2015

Jonna C.

I contacted them to receive a bid. They asked for details about a fence I wanted built by email and text. They sent a bid for $2,000. I accepted that bid. They came to my house to look at the jobsite. They sent a new bid for $3,000. Nothing had changed about the fence & gates I requested. They will not honor the first bid.

Description of Work
Two sections of fence with gates

01/08/2015

Rosamaria M.

They were very good. They were very customer oriented. I was very satisfied with their work and I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They installed a fence.

Category fencing

Thank you for your positive review and allowing us to serve you!

11/29/2014

John S.

They are very accommodating. Their pricing when I first got it done was good. They knew what they were talking about. They got out quickly. So, I had no issues with them at all. They have always been very good and accommodating; that is why I keep calling them. Even when I have any kind of question, they give me straight answers and even if I do the work myself without getting them involved, they are very good. They are my go-to people now.

Description of Work
I used Custom Security Fence & Ironworks. They changed a motor on a gate on the driveway. I have them out a couple of times.

Category driveway gates

Thank you so much for your positive comments! We try to help each and every customers with questions regarding any issues regarding their fencing and gate needs. We appreciate your business and wish you very safe and happy holidays!

07/22/2014

Allison M.

I had a hard time finding a company to service my iron driveway gate since that company did not install the gate. This company was open to looking at my gate. The man who answered the phone (Emilio?) was very nice and tried to get someone out the same day but they were booked (I called at noon). We made an appointment for Monday (it was Friday) between 10-1030. What a nice window of time!!! They called Monday morning to remind me - and were very nice. The repair man was on time and I learned I needed a new battery and a little elbow grease. I also asked for him to install a punch pad so it could open with a code. He did the work immediately. Overall, I was very satisfied with the work and the people. I will use them anytime I need service! And recommend them to my friends. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
I moved into a new home and our driveway gate was not working.

Custom Security Fence & Ironworks

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2004

13824 E Hardy Rd

Houston, TX 77039

Iron Gates & Operators, Iron Fences, Wood Fence & Gates, Enclosures, Balcony Rails, Stair & Stair Rails, Chain Link Fence & Gates, Dumpster Enclosures, Landscaping Fencing, Commercial Chain Link, Commercial Rails & Stairs, Commercial Fences & Community Entrances

ask for details