BODENSTEINER SERVICE CO

Founded 1960 • With Angi since June 2010

3403 HOUSTON AVE

Houston, TX 77009

Our business is a second generation family owned business since 1960.We provide a professioal approach to all your air conditioning & heating problems. We deliver 100% customer satisfaction. If you have been searching for a company with unmatched honesty and Integrity we are a perfect fit for you.

08/29/2019

Ilya E.

Doesn't treat customer fairly. I have used Blair to service my A/C for the past year or so, this summer my A/C was struggling, I asked him to come out and he recommended adding refrigerant which I did and which cost me $400 for the service call and refrigerant. Two weeks later (yes literally 2 weeks) the A/C dies completely. I ask him to come out again and he does, he offers to add more refrigerant (which would make no sense) or to replace the A/C and gives me a quote of $5700. Thankfully I know of another A/C person, who quoted me $4100 for the same exact unit. Needless to say I went with the lower quote. A week after I get a bill for $80 for the service call. After asking him how he can charge me two weeks after he came out to 'fix' the unit and I spent $400 on the visit only to have it fail completely, he tells me that he needs to run a business!? I will pay the bill, but Blair running a business is treating customers fairly so they come back, coming out to fix something for $400, the fix fails in two weeks and charging again for looking at the unit, is not how I would run my business.

Description of Work
A/C Repair

06/23/2018

Scott R.

Blair and his guys are amazing...they do great work, at a fair price, and most importantly are honest and trustworthy. They were able to save us almost $10,000 by thinking critically and creatively to find a workaround for an issue with our home’s AC and avoid having to replace 3 AC units. I will continue to use and recommend Bodensteiner Service!

Description of Work
AC duct rerouting, AC unit rearrangement to decrease tonnage, variable baffle installation

02/21/2018

Nancy B.

Was fixed!

Description of Work
Gas leak at heater.

11/10/2017

Daniel F.

No issues. Install team was professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Installed new AC unit.

10/12/2017

John R.

09/19/2017

Theo S.

Painless. Blair's crew is top notch.

Description of Work
Replace old central AC system plus new furnace.

07/20/2017

Charles G.

Blair came by that morning and replaced a capacitor switch. He also checked the Freon in my unit. I've used Bowdensteiner AC for years and they has always provided good service at a good price. He had recommended I install Amana units a few years ago that came with extended warranties. So the warranty covered the switch. I'll definitely continue to use Blair and his team.

Description of Work
The A/C stopped cooling in July in Houston. That qualifies for an emergency.

07/06/2017

Amanda S.

Very professional. Didn't try to upsell me on a $20k unit like other services tried to. He was the only one to actually take the time to understand what was wrong with my system, and he topped is off with some new coolant that is compatible with our system, but much cheaper than the older stuff.

Description of Work
A/C has a leak, but its an older model. The coolant needed to be topped off.

05/15/2017

John R.

04/07/2016

robert A.

03/28/2016

Albert C.

Called for a second opinion on a malfunctioning HVAC system. The first provider told me the circuit board was fried and needed to be replaced. Blair from Bodensteiner came in, took a thorough look, cleaned out one component (not related to the circuit board) and it works perfectly now. He could easily have just quoted me a circuit board replacement, but actually took the time to diagnose the issue, which the other provider completely overlooked. The other provider just went for an expensive fix (which was not the problem at all) and which would not have actually solved anything. Bodensteiner saved me A LOT of money and was able to fix my issue quickly. He was very honest, efficient and thorough and I will definitely continue to use Bodensteiner for all my HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Diagnose HVAC issue - not functioning correctly.

01/29/2016

John S.

They were very responsive in coming out to quote. Explained what needed to be done. Gave me a range of options, and enough information to allow me to do my own research and validate their proposed solution. Pricing was lowest of three quotes that I looked at. The next most expensive quote was approximately $1000 more expensive for lower SEER rated equipment with a more limited warranty. Crew was polite, punctual, and took care to respect my home. They cleaned up after themselves, didn't bash up my walls, wiped their feet, etc. (you'd think all contractors would do this, but my experience has been otherwise). Follow-up customer service with scheduling the building inspection was top notch. Blair Bodensteiner even helped me pick up building materials that wouldn't fit in my small SUV, so that I could modify my fence to meet City of Houston requirements for my new larger A/C system.

Description of Work
Installed two new A/C systems and modified duct work in attic for better air flow.

01/08/2016

ZACHARY D.

Description of Work
New 5 ton air conditioning unit and install.

09/01/2015

Miriam C.

Wonderful! He was calm when I was not and his direction fixed the problem without spending ANY money! YAHOO!

Description of Work
at 5:45 pm, I came home to a hot new home. I called Blair because of Angie's List. I don't know ANYONE to trust in the Houston area. Blair told me I had simply turned off the AC unit in the attic when I changed a light bulb. Now, he could have come out, charged me ANY amount because I was desperate, and I would have gladly paid for him to simply flip the switch back on because I was desperate. That speaks to his honesty! I am scheduling him to come back and service our unit. Love the family business pride. THANK YOU BLAIR!

07/07/2015

Ray B.

Description of Work
Tuned air conditioning system, added a third zone, and repaired a coolant leak.

06/30/2015

Heidi R.

06/11/2015

susan P.

Description of Work
Blair came to service my a/c and not only did he do a great job, when there was an electrical issue that came up--he called an electrician that he knew to take care of the problem. I didn't have an electrician. Talk about going above and beyond. I would highly recommend Bodensteiner. They are honest and reasonable and provide great service

06/02/2015

Anne F.

I had 4 companies (my current A/C company plus 3 with good ratings on Angies List, Yelp and BBB) competitively bid for replacement. One recommended changing vertical set up to horizontal and adding media filtration $8500 for 16 seer Lennox, another made a big deal about calculating appropriate size (note, I needed it to work with current furnace) and then forgot to talk about sizing results when they bid $6200 for 16 seer Carrier, current provider tried to sell me 13 seer at first then 14 seer Amana for $6600. Blair Bodensteiner bid $5800 for 16 seer Amana and I also bought 10 year labor warranty on coils for $69 (parts are covered already). No BS, answered all my questions. He was honest that although 16 seer because of my furnace it would be more like 15 seer. His brother came with install crew and supervised start of work and came back when they were done to review. Blair came by later with warranty and scheduled city inspector. His brother showed me how to go online to register for the Amana warranty and watched to make sure it was done. Crew took great care not to make a mess and tidied up when done. Timely, professional, courteous and straight shooters. Will definitely use them for all my future preventative maintenance and A/C and heating.

Description of Work
Replaced a 16 year old Goodman with an Amana ASX160601 5 ton unit (did not include furnace which I had replaced last year by another company).

05/03/2015

Bonney W.

We've used Bodensteiner services many times in the past. They are family owned and very honest. They never try to sell you anything you don't need. They are always on time. They came out almost immediately on a Sunday morning to fix our furnace and it only cost $300 for the total repair. They are on the only guys we use anymore for A/C and furnace repair. Can't say enough nice things about them.

Description of Work
Replaced circuit board on furnace

05/02/2015

robert A.

Blair Bodensteiner has done all my air conditioning work since I bought a 1920's bungalow in the Heights about 4 years ago. And I will continue to use Bodensteiner services going forward. I originally has Blair relocate the compressor/condenser to the other side of the house so that it was no longer impeding the driveway access to the garage (original location was a really stupid spot). Then later when the old unit gave up the ghost, Blair installed a complete new 4 ton Amana system, with one of the better warranties in the business (Amana). This is where using a service provider that is a straight shooter pays off... if/when it comes time to use a warranty and yours is the best in a given price bracket. Blair is a straight shooter, he doesn't oversell, makes appropriate and cost effective recommendations, and goes out of his way to be prompt and punctual in a business that is very "demand" driven. When an addition was added to my house about 10 years ago, before I owned the house, the contractor apparently just extended the roof line for the addition for the master bedroom and bath. Thus, they created a "hidden" enclosed space in the attic, because they didn't cut away the old roof to connect the main attic with the "new" space. Blair noticed this when he was scoping the job to install the first and only HVAC duct into the small master bath. (Because the original contractor didn't spend an extra hour making an appropriate hole in the old roof line, it was hard for the original HVAC contractor to install a duct in the master bath, so they simply skipped the exercise.) So Blair and his younger brother used a Sawzall to open up a hole large enough to crawl into the hidden space, so that they could install a new piece of insulated duct to this bathroom area. Now it's warm in Winter, and Cool in summer in that bathroom, same temp as master bedroom as you'd expect. Opening up this formerly hidden space also highlighted that the hidden area was never insulated by the original contractor, and with the hole that Blair created, this insulation work was easy to accomplish at a later date. Definitely recommend the Bodensteiner family business for your HVAC needs. Good people, straight shooters, quality work, and good follow-up service.

Description of Work
Installed a new HVAC duct in my master bathroom, by cutting a hole into a hidden attic space and crawling in to complete the work.

05/01/2015

Seema G.

Blair came highly recommended and we are glad we chose to go with him. He really knew how to deal with an old house and gave us good recommendations on how to improve the heating/cooling. But more impressively, he didn't take a check from us until he was sure we were happy (and we did have him come back a couple of times to tweak the system after installation).

Description of Work
Install new A/C and furnace, all new duct work, cut new vents in ceiling and installed bathroom fans.

08/16/2014

Alexander C.

Location: Woodland Heights, Houston. I called Saturday morning around 9 am and Blair just happened to be near by. He stopped by, took one look at the unit and informed me I needed a new capacitor. Replaced the part, fired it up, checked all the refrigerant levels on both my units, and wrote me up. 30 minutes, in and out, clean and smiling. The big companies that advertise on TV have some good techs if you get lucky, but if your not, you will most likely end up getting swindled or just wasting your own time.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired a/c unit.

05/01/2014

Charlotte M.

The reviews were right about Blair - first ac company I've ever felt I could trust. He was referred by a neighbor and I have already referred him to a friend. When can you ever get an ac fixed for and lt;$500?? He was able to identify the problem , put in a new part and get me back up and running in less than 30 minutes. Personable and professional.

Description of Work
Fixed air conditioner

10/02/2013

Anne H.

We contacted a large, reputable HVAC company in Houston. The technician came out and assessed our unit, indicating that a capacitor was needed, but we also needed a new motor. The logic was the fan wasn't working and he couldn't get the fan to work without a new motor. The estimate was $1008. I asked a friend for a reference and she immediately mentioned Bodensteiner Service Co. Blair came to our house, assessed the situation, indicated the capacitor needed to be replaced and found no need for a new motor. Admittedly, I don't understand all the working parts. Blair helped me understand and reassured me that our HVAC system was in good order.

Description of Work
Assessed downstairs AC unit. Determined need for new capacitor. Provided insight into current status of system.

04/27/2013

Nancy S.

Bodensteiner Service Co. was recommended by a woman. He was out here June of 2010. He charged $186.00. I felt that he was competent and I felt he was fair. I think he is in business for himself. I was pleased with him.

Description of Work
Bodensteiner Service Co. does air conditioning. He cleaned the outside coil, it was really very dirty.

Excel Air

Award 2022
    Fresh Air, L.P.

Fresh Air, L.P. is a family owned business that has been setting the standard in providing premium residential and commercial home comfort solutions in the Greater Houston and Fort Bend area since 1971. Our commitment to quality products, service, and installations has been the driving factor to our success year after year. As a Factory Authorized Dealer, Fresh Air L.P. takes pride in maintaining a 100% level of customer satisfaction on all work performed for our clients. By choosing Fresh Air to accommodate your air conditioning and heating needs, you are joining a family tradition of excellence that will continue to satisfy customers for a lifetime. Additional emails - jimmyk@freshairinc.com, josiea@freshairinc.com & sroncancio@freshairinc.com.

Air Star Now LLC

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR COMFORT YOU CAN COUNT ON, YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. Whether you need ac repair , and need it fast, or are looking to invest in new HVAC equipment for your home, Air Star Now can help. Ask around. Our name is well known and respected in the Houston area. Why? Because our HVAC techs truly care about your family and their well-being. To us, you're not just a potential sale. You're our neighbor and ally. Browse our site and you will find plenty of information to help you understand your home's heating and cooling systems. You'll learn why you never want to DIY a repair and what steps you can take to keep your ac maintained and operating efficiently. Experiencing HVAC, humidity, or allergy-related problems in the Houston or Katy area? There is no need to suffer. Let our skilled technicians explain how these problems can be resolved and take the steps necessary to ensure your comfort all-year round. Air Star Now offers financing and guarantees on all work in and around Houston; this makes the decision to choose us both a comfortable and secure one. Give us a call at (713) 929-9595 to get a quote on ac service or replacement. At Air Star Now, we go the extra mile to earn your business and will never stop working to keep it.

For new hvac system installations

Bodensteiner Service Inc. is a family owned contracting business that provides full service air conditioning & heating. We perform quality work with an honest answer to your air conditioning & heating problems. We Install new HVAC Systems, Equipment repair, Scheduled maintenance checks, Air filteraton, Digital zone systems, ABSOLUTE BEST DUCT WORK INSTALLED & REPAIRED IN TOWN,

Duct Cleaning