Architectural Fabricators

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2011

4711 W Alabama St # 1

Houston, TX 77027

We specialize in Automatic driveway gates and wrought iron fence. We use galvanized steel for all of our projects, set our post 5' deep and use Light duty commercial grade gate operators. We believe we give you a higher quality product for your money. For every job we do CAD drawings that will be exactly what you will get. We also do wood fences, shade arbors, masonry fences, and masonry columns. We have been a member of the BBB since 2007 and have an A rating!...

fence company (107)driveway gate installation (78)iron work (53)metal fabrication (9)house painting (4)decks & porches (4)hardscaping (3)architect (2)irrigation system (2)masonry (1)excavating (1)concrete driveways (1)

09/28/2020

Jim M.

In August 2020, we completed a complicated replacement backyard 3-story deck project with the expert help of Architectural Fabricators. As background, we live in a 100-year old house in Montrose. The previous owner, built out the attic into a 3rd floor efficiency apartment, and constructed a 3-story deck that served as outdoor entry, fire escape, and seating area. It was done in treated pine and included a 1st story deck (12x28’), wrap-around 3-story staircase, and upper deck (10x12’). Unfortunately, after 25+ years, the wood deteriorated and the staircase became unsafe and unusable. We needed to replace the entire structure. After engineering plans were drawn and a city construction permit was secured, we started the project. The project required demolition of the existing structure, then construction of the new structure with drilled cement piers to support the four 8x8”x21’ metal columns for the 3rd story deck platform, metal I-beams for decking substructure, a 20’ metal spiral staircase, metal safety railings around all decks, and then wood decking and stair components. A consultant who we had worked with previously drew the engineering plans and secured the City of Houston permit. He was great. So, we started the project by contracting with a small deck-building company that had been recommended. With that company, we completed demolition of the old structure and got the piers drilled, pored, inspected and approved. However, our contracted deck building company could not finish the job. It did not have the capabilities to complete the remaining metal fabrication, construction and welding aspects. So, mid-project, we had to reset and find another company. We asked around, and were told to contact Architectural Fabricators because they had capabilities for completing the metal fabrication, installation, and wood-decking components. This recommendation turned out to be blessing. I contacted them through their website in January 2020 prior to the COVID-19 lockdown, and received a quick call back from David, the sales manager. We set up an in-home meeting, and he came over to review the project. He met with us for almost 2 hours while I explained the project, showed him the plans, status of the city permit, and work completed to date. He considered the project, said their company had the skills and capabilities to complete it, and that he would get back to me with a bid. Interestingly, I contacted 4 other companies for bids to help us out, and Architectural Fabricators was the only company that responded. David returned a bid that was complete and totally acceptable. In fact, he and company owner, Jason had brainstormed and suggested some very cool alterations to the plans. We immediately signed the contract and put a work schedule in play. Construction resumed in March 2020 with Architectural Fabricators, just as the COVID pandemic began to rage. However, this did not stop the work. We all practiced excellent pandemic safety precautions with masks and distance. This is a compliment to all the guys for their work ethic and safety manners. I want to give a shout out to all the workers. First acknowledgment is to crew foreman Luis and his metal workers Carlos, Ruben, Gustavo, and Julio who completed the installation of the large support columns and I-beams. They were competent, skillful, and careful with the positioning, leveling, and welding. Everything passed inspection without comment. Next is to Alejandro and his crew who built and installed the spiral staircase. Marco, one of his guys, expertly welded the staircase in placed and then installed the railings. They are all experienced welders and builders. And last but not least, kudos goes to Cesar and his crew Ramon and Ruben who installed the wood decking and metal planter box. Cesar is a master craftsman with wood. We chose IPE wood for its lasting qualities and beauty, and the guys did a great job of laying the decks. As an example of the care and pride they put into the deck, Cesar carefully custom cut rounded corners in the deck boards to fit the rounded corners of the large support columns. Everything is precise, flush, and square. The project was completed in August 2020. And it is beautiful. All city inspections of construction elements were approved and the final Certificate of Compliance was received. We could not have completed this replacement deck structure without Architectural Fabricators. Again, Jason and David were patient and accommodating during the pandemic and execution of the project. They were actively involved, cared about the project quality, practiced work site and pandemic safety measures, and didn’t ignore us. David called each week to ask how things were going and if there were any issues. He was a pleasure to work with, as was Jason. It’s nice when an owner is engaged with the work and progress. Finally, the project could not have turned out as well as it did without the dedication and masterful efforts of the crew. They were friendly, skillful, and conscientious. They showed up when scheduled. They cleaned up after each day’s work. These are the guys everybody wants to have work on their home projects. From our perspective, the investment we made in this home project with Architectural Fabricators was well worth it. Not only is this structure a showpiece, it has been built to last. We plan to enjoy the outdoors in our Montrose backyard on these lower and upper decks with family and friends for many years to come. Many thanks, Jim and Carrie Markello

Description of Work
Replacement backyard 3-story deck structure with spiral staircase

Category decks,architect,metal restoration

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Review for Architectural Fabricators - 4711 W Alabama St, Houston, TX - 38907954

08/06/2020

Sally B.

Efficient, professional, easy to communicate with

Description of Work
Wrought Iron Gate Repair & Access Control Repair

Category wrought iron,metal restoration,driveway gates

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

Thank You, [Member Name Removed] - We appreciate your business and kind words, and look forward to working with you again.

07/30/2020

David T.

Automatic Driveway metal gate repair

Description of Work
I am a Realtor and found out our client’s driveway gate in the Heights had broken the morning before closing. I needed someone as soon as possible to ensure a smooth closing. Despite the rain, Architectural Fabricators was out the same day and had completed the repair by the next day and closing went through on time. We really appreciated the service and quality work. We will definitely refer them in the future

Category driveway gates

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

04/14/2020

Lynn M.

It went extremely well. We researched firms on Angie’s List and contacted several. Architectural Fabricators was hands down the best in every aspect. David Lisner was our contact person. The response from the company was very fast and they provided a decent proposal. David was very accommodating to our additional requests to have very detailed specs for all steps of dismantling the old gate and installing the new gate. He continued to provide prompt follow up throughout the proposal process which took several weeks. Regarding the actual work, the team of workers was great. They worked hard the entire time. At times, there were 3-4 guys working at a time and they worked constantly. The project took two days and the workers left the area clean each day. Note that this company uses galvanized steel and sets the post 5 feet deep, and it may have been even 6 feet deep. (This is VERY important as we discovered that our previous post was only set 2 feet deep which is why we had so many problems with our old gate shifting and then not closing properly.) After installation they painted it and it looks beautiful. It opens and closes so smoothly and without a sound. Bottom line: We are very happy.

Description of Work
Installation of a new automatic driveway gate

Category wrought iron,metal restoration,driveway gates

Work Completed On 03/24/2020

02/22/2020

Janice M.

This company did a GREAT job on my driveway gate! I could not be happier. I had a relatively new gate that was not automatic. I got really tired of getting out and opening the gate and closing it every time I left the house and came back. They took my existing 2 gates that opened in the middle, put them together, fabricated them to one and added the automatic gate opener. It worked out wonderfully!! Again, I could not be happier and very highly recommend this company to anyone and everyone!

Description of Work
Manual driveway gate to automatic

Category wrought iron,driveway gates

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

05/08/2019

Jennifer J.

If you have a small job, beware. Your value to this company is exactly equal to their bottom line. I had a walk through gate repair estimated at $300. They no showed on me THREE times (yeah, I’m a moron). Virtually no communication. Multiple texts not replied to. First time I contacted them to ask what’s up and they replied 2 DAYS later. They had good reviews so I gave them two more shots and they did it to me again BOTH times! One time there was rain, but still. When I told them I was calling someone else they said my job had been “too small to schedule their day around”. Angie’s listers, that’s not an A-lister, That’s a company hyper focused on profit who’s not respecting people’s time.

Description of Work
Gate repair

Category driveway gates

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Yes, my communication was bad with this customer. I will strive to do better, thanks for your input, it is duly noted.

02/01/2019

Carmen C.

My neighbor recommended Architectural Fabricators, who had built her automatic driveway gate. David Lisner came to my house to estimate the job. I requested two other bids but I felt most comfortable with David's approach and his professionalism. David was responsive to my requests to modify the scope of the job. The work was done promptly and efficiently. The gate looks great and works well. I am very pleased with the result. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
automatic driveway gate and wood fence with gate

Category fencing,metal restoration,driveway gates

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

Review for Architectural Fabricators - 4711 W Alabama St, Houston, TX - 37690232

12/15/2018

Bonnie S.

Service was prompt, professional, and installer knew what he was doing. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Hinge repair on garden door.

Category fencing

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

11/02/2018

MARY W.

Great. This is my third job with Jason and he always does what he promises when he promises.

Description of Work
Driveway gate repair and installation of operator and partial fence

Category fencing,driveway gates

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

06/05/2017

Donald D.

David was knowledgeable, and very helpful. We were very happy with the results, and I would certainly use again and recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
Wrought Iron Fence and rolling driveway gate fabricated and installed.

Category fencing,wrought iron,driveway gates

Work Completed On 05/24/2017

Driveway Gates. Security Gates. Gate Repair. Gate Replacement. Wrought Iron Fencing. Stair Rails. Hand Rails. Access Controls.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, American Express, Discover