Cox Remodeling

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2009

1.7

The Cox Remodeling team has 25 years of experience in the general contracting industry. We are a family-owned and operated company that is dedicated to quality....

Bigfoot Construction LLC

Custom decks built to the highest standards. 18 years of home building experience in Washington state, now just looking to scale back and build decks. I am an owner operator ran business and decks will be built by me personally. I do not subcontract any of my work.

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch simply started as a one man show with a paint brush, bucket, and a passion for the craft of painting. After 6 years of hard work and overly pleased customers, Perfect Touch was pushed by their customers to turn their passion into a business. So, in 2020, Perfect Touch officially became a fully licensed and insured family business. We have made it our mission to continue to provide the most top-quality and personalized services to our customers, since that is what Perfect Touch was built on from the beginning. We guarantee 100% customer satisfaction every time and this can be measured by our outstanding first year as a business. Perfect Touch was honored the 2020 Super Service Award by Angie’s List. Hopefully this shows the extreme pride we have in the quality of our work, while also providing it at an affordable price. So please, call Perfect Touch today @ (469) 719-1730 for any project big or small “when quality counts”.

Offers by Perfect Touch  on Angi
Johnson Painting

hello I am David Johnson with Johnson painting in Waxahachie, Tx. I paint interior and exterior homes, also do wood and metal fence stain and painting including metal pipe fence. I have be in the painting field for over 40 years. I am a small business right now. hoping to grow.

05/31/2019

Candice C.

A very undesirable outcome that ended, on my terms, after 2.5 years of mitigation. Would not use again or recommend his services to anyone. Lacks professionalism, integrity, and honesty. Took advantage of my ignorance regarding construction and lied to me, the city, and the courts. Made me feel physically uncomfortable during the process by acting inappropriately. Would not recommend especially if you are a single woman.

Description of Work
Fire burnout

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,fencing,hardwood floor,insulation,remodeling,roofing,siding,fireplaces,ceiling fans,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,cabinet refacing,doors

04/07/2014

JOHN B.

He left the door open while they were working and turned the heat up, so I received a $400 gas bill. They told me the thermostat was bad, so I had them replace it and it still was not working. I had a Heating and A/C guy come out to fix the problem. The gentleman from Cox Remodeling put the thermostat on wrong. The outside heating and A/C guy cost another $335. He said it was supposed to be finished by December 1st. He didn't get the outside finished till mid-February. Cox kept pulling his guys off our job for other jobs. They kept stalling my job. Our neighbors told me that there are a lot of days when no one came all together. We brought someone else in the clean the windows. They also took the toilet paper out of the bathroom that we provided for them while they were doing the work. He also said he took some items out of the house for "safe keeping". He brought them back from what we know of after we asked them to bring them back. I ended up getting some handles of cabinets that he forgot to put on. I added them myself. The knobs they used for the cabinets did not match the holes on the doors, so he just made new holes, leaving the other holes visible. We also left a broiler pan in the oven and that is now gone. We gave him 3 keys for the house and he lost one. He did not offer to go make another key. He insisted we needed a light in the entry way. He put this light in without our permission. He used an existing switch that went to something else. We told him to take the light out and put it back exactly how it was. He said everything was cleaned up and ready to go, but when we went to visit, everything was NOT cleaned up. We had to hire extra people just to clean. I would not trust him.

Description of Work
He remodeled my deceased mother's home. We live about 4 hours away. He was supposed to paint the outside of the house. He was also supposed to redo the inside of the house. He did redo the kitchen with new granite counter tops, new back splash and microwave. We pulled the carpet & he was supposed to redo the wood floors. He pretty much did a complete remodel of the inside of the house. He did some plumbing and electrical work. The garage doors are two different colors when they should have used the same color. Behind one of the doors was not painted in the bathroom. He markets a towel rack to be painted and it was never done. I asked him to replace all the door knobs in the house. Parts of the old door knobs, striker plates and the outlet covers were sitting on the back patio. They didn't refinish the cabinets on the inside and just painted over them instead of cleaning up. They did not put anything down on the floors when they were doing repairs. They also did not scrape the peeling painting before they started painting, so it is still peeling. They painted the whole inside of the house the wrong color. It was supposed to be a tan color, but it turned out yellow. The granite counter top also feels like there is sand on it, like it was unfinished. The granite counter top was also cracked, so he took it upon himself to order another one that was over budget.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,hardwood floor,remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,cabinet refacing

07/03/2011

Susan W.

Custom cabinets (built by another contractor) were to be stained & finished off-site due homeowner's chemical sensitivies. This was not Cox's usual way of doing business, as he preferred to finish the cabinets after they were installed in the home by the cabinetmaker. There were a nightmare of finish quality issues--stain blotches, gloss polyurethane finish on some of the cabinets when satin finish was specified for all, etc. After installation of the cabinets, the finish issues became apparent, and required much rework of the finish defects. Many of the cabinet doors & drawers had to be reworked in my garage. Cabinet frame finish issues had to be done in the house. Most of the problems were corrected, but some I let go due to my weariness in dealing with the contractor. Overall, the quality of the custom cabinets were negatively impacted by the poor finish work by Cox's crew. I was also unhappy with the failure of measures taken to protect the existing hardwood floors in the kitchen. "Craft" paper was taped down, but often torn up. Also, the wrong tape was often used, leaving residue that was close to impossible to remove on the floor. Mr. Cox seemed to have an extreme amount of difficulty installing the replacement plumbing for the new kitchen sink faucet, leaving a leaking connection (slow drip) for many days that we had to place a bucket under. After 2 unsuccessful attempts on his part to install a new fitting, we bought a 3rd fitting and closely supervised the installation to ensure he did not over-tighten, and thus break, the seal on this 3rd fitting. I also ended up paying the cabinetmaker and granite countertop subcontractor directly, as I was getting indications from the cabinetmaker that he wasn't getting paid promptly. In summary, I was not happy with this contractors work. I still have cabinet finish issues, some that I have refinished myself, and some that I have just let go.

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen remodel included nondestructive removal of old cabinets, sink and countertops; removal of old tile backsplash; stain & finish new custom cabinets; install cabinets, new faucet, & electrical outlet for new range; replace drywall in backsplash area.

Category home remodeling

Cox Remodeling offers a full-line of remodeling services to both home and business owners throughout the DFW MetroPlex. We specialize in all phases of renovations including fire, water and storm damage. Established in 1991 for the purpose of providing quality services, we have grown into one of the area’s most respected general contractors. Our Services Include the Following: Bathrooms, Kitchens, ,Crown Molding/Trim, Custom Cabinets, Entertainment Centers, Room Additions, Garage Conversions

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover