Soukup Roofing

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2006

PO Box 1203

Helotes, TX 78023

Welcome to Soukup Roofing company. We are a family-owned business established in 2000. Chances are that Soukup Roofing was referred to you by your friend, neighbor or insurance company. We appreciate the referral and will work hard to fulfill the trust and to meet or exceed your expectations. Additional address - PO BOX 1203, Helotes, TX 78023. Additional DBA - Soukup Roofing LLC....

07/14/2020

ANNE S.

Soukup Roofing repaired the portion of our roof that was damaged in an April 2016 hailstorm. When a 2nd storm hit this year in May and our insurance sent an inspector out, the only part of our roof that WASN'T damaged was the part that Soukup had previously fixed. Therefore, we hired them to replace the whole thing, especially after their quote to do it was almost exactly what the insurance company allowed. The day before the crew came, I asked about shingle color, wanting something light, and they said they could put on a white roof. We were warned that it would be "as blinding white as a sheet of paper," but we were willing to do it for the slight help with our utility bills. Actually, it doesn't look blinding at all, and it's just fine. The job took half a day longer than expected because in removing the existing roof, the crew found remnants of the roof from before that one and had to remove it, too. They also installed the shingles to accommodate two slight bends in the roofline, which the previous roofers had not done. The crew foreman was polite and explained things to us, and the crew did everything with a minimum of mess, which they cleaned up thoroughly. The only trash we found after the job was over was 1 cigarette butt and a tiny strip of an old shingle. They even neatly stacked up the gutter covers which they had to remove against one side of the house so that the gutter repair folks can deal with those.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of asphalt shingle roof

Category roofing, chimney repair

06/02/2019

ANNE S.

While the main part of our home's roof made it through the April 2016 hailstorm alright, the porch roof was damaged. It took us until this year to find a roofer who was willing to come out and do such a small repair job. I called at least 3 other companies who flat-out told me that it wasn't worth their time to repair such a small area of the roof, so for a while, I gave up. By the time we tried Soukop, there was significant water damage, so they had to replace two areas of the wood as well as re-shingle. After it rained the first time post-repair, there was still a little dripping onto the porch, so we called and someone came over and used more sealant over the problem area. It's been fine since then.

Description of Work
Repair to the roof over our attached back porch, which had been damaged in the hailstorm nearly 3 years prior

03/29/2019

Amanda L.

Soukup Roofing was on USAA’s list when we needed someone to replace some blown-off shingles in August 2018. They were friendly, well informed, and prompt and did a great job. It was about $500? Somewhere around there - it was insured so I don’t remember. We went back to them when vultures damaged our chimney cap in March 2019 and caused a leak. It is a very tall chimney, and they worked with me to get the right people and equipment here. They patched the leak, and they also installed some spikes I provided, to discourage further vulture visits. ($150) In both cases, the communication was good, they were reliable, their people are friendly and skilled, and they did a good job.

Description of Work
Roof repair (2)

Category roofing, chimney repair

03/21/2019

Valerie F.

They were great! They gave us info about the chimney and they said that they did not do that stuff but they will try and refer us to someone who will do it and they do inspecting on the first the day we called them. It was Justin Edward that was absolutely wonderful. It was less expensive than we expected it to be, and they give you discounts, they were like very thorough and they were helpful and they were very straightforward, very nice.

Description of Work
They inspect my roof.

01/19/2019

John M.

These guys came out right away surveyed the roof discussed our options and emailed a quote later that day with a price we couldn't pass up (Gave me a military discount), did exactly what we agreed upon and then some, the job was completed in two days with no delays and no nonsense, cleaned up and hauled all the debris away, in short my wife and I are very happy and satisfied with our experience and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Standing Seam metal roof

09/28/2017

Roger B.

Upon removal of the skylight, it was noted that the installation was not done correctly. Reset fixed all the problems.

Description of Work
Had developed a leak in a newly replaced skylight. Inspector came out and recommended a skylight reset.

Category roofing, skylights

09/16/2017

O A.

We are extremely pleased with this company and the entire roofing process - from meeting the representative, getting the estimate, handling of our questions, delivery of product when they said they would, and installation & post installation inspection. We received timely and complete communications regarding our roof installation and inspection. Couldn't be happier and would highly recommend Soukup Roofing. Their dealings are honest and fair and they have a great customer service orientation. .

Description of Work
New roof for older single story home.

08/28/2017

Ted C.

Crew showed up on time and were quick and cleaned up after themselves. Repairs all done for the quote. Repairs all seem to be properly installed with no leaks or other problems.

Description of Work
Originally had them out to provide estimate for new roof. Appraiser gave me quote but also told me that he thought the roof did not require replacing and provided estimate for making suggested repairs. I had two other companies prior to Soukup evaluate the roof and not tell me that. I had two other companies provide quotes and when asked, then they would tell me that it didn't replacing, but only repairs. They replaced 6 vent pipe flashings with no caulk type flashing; installed additional rain diverter over AC unit, replaced damaged ridge cap shingles, and caulked all exposed fasteners. All quotes came in for about the same price for the repairs so they were fair in their estimate.

08/08/2017

Ellen Chong M.

Their work was great - thorough and professional. We hired Soukup based on word of mouth recommendation and we were not disappointed. A company representative comes to review the work that needs to be done and for the estimate and checks on the work after. The work crew are careful and respectful of your property while gettting the job done, and our roof looks great!

Description of Work
Replace roof

07/15/2017

Matt E.

This is the second time we've had Soukup Roofing do our roof - 10 years ago when we bought the house, and recently after the terrible hailstorm we experienced in April 2016. We were obviously happy with the work they did the first time, and we remain happy after the second. It was a pleasure to work with Josh Mueller, the estimator - refreshingly, his first priority didn't appear to be how to get more money out of my insurance company (which had already given me a fair settlement). He was extremely professional, and quickly provided me a reasonable estimate right in the ballpark of what I expected (having already gotten bids from 2 other companies). The crew arrived promptly when scheduled, worked long and hard, and cleaned up after themselves each day. The job took 2 1/2 days. After they were done, I noticed one small ridge vent had not been replaced, and some tar had been splattered in a couple of spots on my foundation. Soukup promptly sent someone out to take care of those punch-list items; great customer service!

Description of Work
Replaced roof (shingle) after hailstorm; work consisted of removing old roof and installing new one.

07/13/2017

Julie S.

Its a locally owned company, they have been here for years. I waited for them for almost 10 months. We had a really bad storm in our area so they were busy but they came highly recomended. For responsivness id like to say C or D but that wasnt their fault they were busy if you've got business you got buisness they were worth waiting for i think.

Description of Work
replaced my roof.

05/08/2017

Jane A.

The work was done late and not adequately completed. The roof still leaded and caused damage. They had to come back again to finish the flashing. Also - came in $300 over the quote. Then gave us another quote for another job on the roof. Original quote was $12K. Then they came back and said they had made a mistake and it should really be $46K!!! I got a new quote from another company that came in at $23K.

Description of Work
Flashing between roof and wall over dinning area

05/04/2017

Blair B.

Outstanding! It took some time to get on their schedule, but once scheduled they did a great job installing a brand new roof. Very professional and timely phone call updates to notify of their progress. Crew was on time right as they said they would be and did a really big job in under 48 hrs. Project came out excellent.

Description of Work
Installing new roof on two story home and removing old roof that had windstorm damage.

04/27/2017

Cynda W.

Great! I have used Soukup for years and always go back to them. They are professional, prompt and caring. I couldn't ask for more.

Description of Work
Replace some damaged shingles. Repair the concrete on my chimney cap.

01/20/2017

Rebecca W.

I want to highly recommend Soukup Roofing, LLC for any roofing needs. I can’t begin to say enough about what a great job they’ve done in replacing our roof and our sister-in-law’s roof. We contacted Soukup and several other roofers after the April hailstorm. The cost estimates were all very close and some of the other roofers said they could replace the roof sooner than Soukup but we are very glad we waited for Soukup. Josh Mueller of Soukup made all the difference. He was professional and thorough. He explained that they like to use their own experienced crews on jobs and not just hire new roofers off the street. He had the immediate leak fixed and then scheduled us for reroofing in April. However, they were able to do our roof this week. Josh was very patient with all my questions. The roofers were great. Worked quickly and neatly. They checked for stray nails before they left and then came back the next day to check again. Josh came the following day to inspect the roof himself and collect payment. I highly recommend Josh Mueller and Soukup Roofing. 210-372-9000

Description of Work
Needed a new roof after the April hailstorm

01/09/2017

RON N.

We've used them before. Our roof had hail damage and they did an excellent job. They're terrific.

Description of Work
They replaced the roof on a house that is about 1900 interior square feet.

09/22/2016

Inelda Garza H.

Fantastic. We have 45 years experience in the construction business and can say that Souk up Roofing crew was on the job at 8 a.m. and finished at 4:15. The areas around the house were protected, the job was professionally managed by their crew leader, they worked efficiently, paid attention to the details, and left the job site (our home) free of stray roofing nails, trash, and cleaner than before they started. Would highly recommend this company for all your roofing jobs.

Description of Work
New roof due to hail damage on main house and side building.

08/22/2016

Rose G.

This is the second time we have had our roof replaced by Soukup Roofing due to weather-related damage. They are prompt, courteous, reasonable, and do a professional job.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

05/31/2016

Randall V.

They didn't charge for the estimate. I felt like I got a fair price. That was the best part of it. They could improve on their communication. I had to call to get a report on their findings. They could have left a written report at the time they visited or a more prompt e-mail report.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate for roofing repair.

04/27/2016

Joseph J.

The business' representive came out a day after we contacted the company and he inspected the roof and provided an estimate within 48 hours. The day the work was scheduled the crew arrived at the designated time and completed the job in approximately 6 hours. Extremely satisfied with the work and customer service the company provided. I would use them again and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
The provider removed and replaced all roof shingles, three turtle exhaust vents, and flashing.

04/01/2016

Roy F.

Estimate performed in a timely manner by Juston and insurance company contacted following indications of hail damage. Date was set for installation after insurer inspection and acceptance of estimate and need for new roof. Installers arrived on time on date set and worked steadily until the job was completed - excellent work - considerate and careful of existing plants and shrubs, removed all nails, old roofing materials and installed new roof that has yielded NO LEAKS after first heavy rains. Flashings and areas around existing chimney, exhaust pipes all tight and no leaking after re-roofing. Following the installation - another Soukup employee arrived to survey the entire house perimeter with magnet to insure that no nails had been left to cause any danger to animals or home occupants. Excellent service from the time we called to inquire about an estimate all the way thru the entire process. Recommend this roofing company to anyone who wants a quality roofing materials, professional and experienced roofing installation and courtesy from "Hello" to the final "ThankYou and Goodbye". Used them several years ago - and it is refreshing to see that this company continues to uphold the standards of excellence we have seen in the past! Thank you Soukup Roofing!

Description of Work
Roof replacement with 25 yr owens corning shingles and rhono synthetic felt. Replaced: drip edg, ridge vents, replace roof jack and detach and re-set solar tube. Hauled away all old roofing shingles and debris.

04/01/2016

Roy F.

Estimate performed in a timely manner by Juston and insurance company contacted following indications of hail damage.? Date was set for installation after insurer inspection and acceptance of estimate and need for new roof. Installers arrived on time on date set and worked steadily until the job was completed - excellent work - considerate and careful of existing plants and shrubs, removed all nails, old roofing materials and installed new roof that has yielded NO LEAKS after first heavy rains.? Flashings and areas around existing chimney, exhaust pipes all tight and no leaking after re-roofing.? Following the installation - another Soukup employee arrived to survey the entire house perimeter with magnet to insure that no nails had been left to cause any danger to animals or home occupants. Excellent service from the time we called to inquire about an estimate all the way thru the entire process.? Recommend this roofing company to anyone who wants a quality roofing materials, professional and experienced roofing installation and courtesy from "Hello" to the final "ThankYou and Goodbye". Used them several years ago - and it is refreshing to see that this company continues to uphold the standards of excellence we have seen in the past!? Thank you Soukup Roofing!

Description of Work
Roof replacement with 25 yr owens corning shingles and rhono synthetic felt. ?Replaced:? drip edg, ridge vents, replace roof jack and detach and re-set solar tube. Hauled away all old roofing shingles and debris.

10/26/2015

Daniel W.

Soukup Roofing showed up on a Monday. They were 15 minutes late but they called ahead saying they were having difficulty finding my address. The roof overall took three days to remove and replace. They cut out one 2'x2' section of decking that was wet and replaced. I haven't noticed any leaks in the attic. The superintendent was courteous. I had a few question and spoke to the owner Steve and he answered them to my satisfaction. The debris in the yard was cleaned up very well. All did go well during the install however I did notice that a squirrel got into the attic about 1 month after completion. Over a period of about 4 months I left two voice messages and spoke with Eric my contact person about it. I even spoke with the warranty gentlemen who was looking at another home on the street. I was told they'd come back to see if any opening were left in the eves but no one ever came. They did a top notch roof job so I was a little disappointed they didn't comeback. I'm just guessing that my request just got forgotten since my work was done in the spring and they were probably into the busy summer roofing season when I made the request.

Description of Work
Replaced my shingle roof.

06/24/2015

SC A.

I met with Joshua who intially came out and looked at what work needed to be completed. He was totally professional and explain the work that would be done. Took pictures and alleviated any fears I had concerning everything. Any additional questions during the process and even afterwards Joshua took time to advise me. I was VERY pleased with the work.

Description of Work
The provider replaced roofing shingles that were initially deemed faulty work done by the builder McMillin Homes.

02/10/2015

Warren S.

Everything was done on time and well done. Mr. Soukup was professional and friendly to work with as was his employees. A close friend had Mr. Soukup do roof work and replace large patio cover on the back of her home in 2014. She was very pleased with how things went. We will definitely use Mr. Soukup and/or his firm for future roof replacements. I am posting this now because I was not a member of Angie's List back then and I received an email today asking if I had ever had work done by Mr. Soukup.

Description of Work
Replaced our roof as well as replaced our carport. Roof cost $6,365 (upgraded shingles) and carport $643. Mr. Soukup also replaced the roof on my Mother's house next door and repaired squirrel damage a one spot. He also replaced the roof on her detached tool shed. This work was done 3/30/2005 at both 12806 Cisco and 12810 Cisco.