Founded 1981 • With Angi since September 2004

FreeLite opened in Dallas in 1981 and has served the skylighting needs of the DFW Metroplex ever since. Family owned and operated, we offer the best customer service around. Whether it is a simple replacement or an elaborate installation, we have the skills and experience necessary to get the job

Velux OperableFaux SkylightBefore and After

skylight installation (127)roofing (14)window replacement (8)awnings (4)solar companies (3)lighting (2)window treatment (1)

01/20/2021

Diane S.

Matt and team were wonderful. I have an older home with skylights that were leaking when the weather changed. Older home can sometimes be challenging to troubleshoot but the entire team at Freelite was committed to fixing the issue. I love my Freelite Skylights and would absolutely call Freelite on any skylight issues in the future.

Description of Work
Repair on Leaking Skylights

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

12/18/2020

Robert T.

Great! They7 did a wonderful job at a very reasonable price

Description of Work
replace polycarbonate panels in skylight

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

Review for Freelite - 221 GARVON ST, Garland, TX - 39092541

05/08/2020

James Y.

They came out in 1 day and gave me an estimate the same day. Very professional and a competitive price compared to the other estimates I had. I called to accept the estimate, and they said it would take a week to order and install. One week later I called them and the secretary said they were on the way to install my skylight. One hour later they were finished and I am incredibly happy. I had to call to remind them to pay my bill! I will use this company again if I ever have to replace a skylight. Best of all they sent me a personal thank you note for the order-never had that happen before. Highly impressed and would give 5 plus stars!

Description of Work
I had a skylight that needed to be replaced.

Category awnings, skylights

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

06/11/2019

Scott C.

I had not educated myself about what was available to replace my worn plastic bubble skylights until recently, but the worry about them breaking during hailstorms was always a concern in the back of my mind. The seal was not tight on my existing skylights and energy efficiency had to be bad. After I researched Velux hail-proof glass and saw Freelite deals with their products, I contacted them via the request a quote on Angie's. I described that I was interested Velux white laminated glass - [*** Link removed ***] (opposed to clear glass or an added blind). Marie was back with me quickly with a fair estimate, and Nathan came a few days later to measure for a formal proposal to be written. My sizes were standard and I'm sure that helped, but received nothing but professional service from Marie and Nathan, and the installation looks great. The new glass keeps out a ton of noise as well. If only finding a good window company was this simple. Happy customer!

Description of Work
Skylight replacement

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

Review for Freelite - 221 GARVON ST, Garland, TX - 37924728

11/14/2018

Jeff H.

Great experience! Gave me a quote which was more than competitive and four days later, they were installed. The crew also pointed out an unrelated issue with the roof, which needed prompt attention. The new skylights are beautiful!

Description of Work
Replace four skylights.

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

09/25/2018

Sharon S.

The entire process was quick and very professional. On the day I called, Miguel stopped by within a couple of hours to inspect the broken skylight. While on the roof he checked the other two skylights and noted that one to them was also broken and was likely to start leaking in the near future. The skylights could not be repaired so Miquel gave me a quote for replacing each of the skylights with two different products. I decided to replace both skylights with Velux skylights. The next day Miquel returned at 9:00 a.m., as promised, to replace both skylights in about an hour. He was very professional and very neat in his work. And the skylights look great. I paid with a credit card by phone and was able to use an Angie's list deal. It was a pleasant and profession experience and I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
One of my skylights was leaking and needed to be inspected and repaired or replaced.

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

05/27/2018

DENNIS C.

could not be more pleased very reasonably priced considerable extra time was required to properly flash a standing seam roof, Freelite was commited to doing it properly and would not charge me for the extra time

Description of Work
new skylight installation and metal roof modificatioms

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

05/23/2018

Elke H.

This was a difficult job because the previous skylight was - what it looked like - installed by an unskilled person. The Freelite employee has been installing skylights for many years, and was able to work around the various problems my old skylight had. He assured me too I had a ten year warranty on the skylight. The workers arrived at the time specified, they were polite, and they cleaned everything up when they were done with the job, which they finished in one day. I am very pleased with the service provided. Elke O. Hedstrom

Description of Work
Replacing a large skylight

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

03/06/2018

Bryan D.

we had a crack after hail storms on our skylight and the outside dome cracked. FreeLite provided excellent service and I am very happy overall. They were punctual and responsive to emails and phone calls. Receipts and invoices sent by email were clear and concise. The dome replacement came with 10 year warranty.

Description of Work
replaced Skylight dome

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

10/30/2017

Diann D.

From Judy answering the phone to Steve the owner and now his son Matt and Aaron (install) everyone is wonderful! The work is done perfectly and everything cleaned up. This family owned company is perfect! and so is the work!

Description of Work
32 years ago to present Freelite has installed 7 skylights and sun tubes.

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

10/26/2017

Guy B.

Product satisfactory but installation performed by non-experienced workman resulted in leak damaging ceiling. Worst part: passing the blame on someone else instead of owning up to it and offering some remediation.

Description of Work
Changed 3 skylights damaged by hail storm.

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

The leaks were caused by somebody nailing a tarp down through the roof and flashing too close to the skylight. Freelite did not install the tarp and when we removed the tarp we tried to keep the holes filled to prevent water from coming in. When you notified us there was a leak at the skylight we came back out and pulled the nails out and back filled all the holes and nail heads with caulk. Even though the leak was not Freelite's fault we came out and repaired the holes for you at no charge. The estimate's approval, the replacement of the broken skylights, the notification of a leak, and the repair of the leak all happened with in a 5 day span. The roof and flashing replacement by the roofer you hired was not scheduled for another two months after we completed our work.

09/06/2017

Beverly A.

Very well.Aaron explained the whole process.Very professional.Office staff was excellent.

Description of Work
Resealed skylight

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

08/31/2017

Jennifer M.

Freelite was extremely easy to work with. It was easy to get in touch with them and everyone I spoke with was friendly and professional. They provided a reasonable estimate for the job and installed the skylight done quickly once the part arrived.

Description of Work
20-year old skylight dome broke in a recent hail storm and needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

08/14/2017

Darrin H.

The representatives came to the house on time. They finished the work on time. The replaced skylight is working great.

Description of Work
Replaced Skylight

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

06/23/2017

BILLY D.

They provide excellent service. This is the second time that I've used them and they're a great company. They are very punctual and professional.

Description of Work
They rebuilt the frames in two large skylights.

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

06/06/2017

Walter H.

I called Freelite and spoke with a representative who explained my options and the pros and cons of each type of sky light material. He suggested staying with the less expensive acrylic dome. The technicians came out the next day to measure and within a day were back to install the new sky light.

Description of Work
We had a skylight that had cracked from age and needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

06/04/2017

Susan R.

Excellent, highly reliable and responsive company. Both Matt and Aaron are great to work with from A to Z. Too often the 'front man' presents as seemingly responsive and competent but down the line all sorts of not so nice 'surprises' await... Not with these guys: they rock! Matt's brain is worthwhile picking, even on matters of general life interest, and he was perfectly able to address all my requests. Aaron couldn't have delivered more timely and any better (trust me on this: as a rental property owner I have worked with a lot of contractors) - he even kept me updated with status pics along the way. So if you ever need any skylights installed or replaced, these are the guys to call!

Description of Work
New Velux deck-mount skylight installation with sloped shaft framing, sheetrock, tape, bed, and texture, along with moving electrical outlets for lighting (skylight and stepflashing provided by homeowner).

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

Review for Freelite - 221 GARVON ST, Garland, TX - 35173141

05/16/2017

Jackie E. S.

We called Freelite due to Angies Listing. They inspected, measured & priced the next day. Two days later they came with the skylight done & replaced it. Great people, great service.

Description of Work
Broken skylight due to hail - Freelite inspected, measured & confirmed price (incl. Angies 15% discount) total 350.00 less 15% = 297.50

Category awnings

Cost $297.5

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

05/02/2017

william B.

Very knowledgeable and skilled crew. One day to complete the whole job.

Description of Work
Repaired flashing to stop leaks. Retextured and painted sheetrock in skylight tunnel.

Category awnings

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

04/01/2017

Kay D.

I called Freelite the night the storm hit and left a message. They returned my call first thing the next morning and came out that morning. They replaced both skylights immediately. We had more rain forecast the next day, so I was very appreciative (and surprised) that they were able to respond so quickly.

Description of Work
Hail storm badly damaged two skylights on our roof.

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

03/22/2017

peter F.

They were outstanding in every way, can't stress this enough. They measured the openings, offered me some options and prices, then once I decided they were kind enough to wait a few days to order the velux skylights so I could take advantage of a manufacturer's promotion (free remotes) that began 3/1/17. When they came out about ten days later to do the install, they were again great and finished in just a few hours. It's rare these days to find such a great company, and I think this is in part to their emphasis on teamwork to make sure their customers get the best possible service.

Description of Work
Needed to replace three 35 y/o skylights and wanted built in shades in two of them.

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

03/13/2017

Patricia B.

The skylight replacement was the top priority. The came immediately and did the replacement within a few days. The roofing job was scheduled and completed on time. They were very helpful in pulling together the paperwork needed for my insurance company.

Description of Work
Replacement of hail-damaged skylight and roof.

Category roofing, skylights