Medallion Pools

Founded 2007 • With Angi since January 2012

8200 Stonebook Pkwy Suite 104

Frisco, TX 75034

Medallion Pools is a North Texas Pool Company and pool contractor, specializing in custom swimming pool designs and ranked consistently Best Pool Builder in DFW. Our team is a group of expert pool installers, with more than 50 years of combined industry experience. As a professional pool builder,

08/14/2017

Raymond B.

Excellent work, responsiveness, and professionalism

Description of Work
MCS Excavation / Medallion pools demo'ed an old defunct pool, pulled electrical out, back filled, and compacted the whole yard. Excellent work, very professional, and overall a very smooth operation.

Category electrician, swimming pools

03/24/2017

Mark A.

Description of Work
We use them weekly for pool maintenance and for the chemicals.

Category pool cleaners

09/05/2016

Sonya P.

We interviewed 5 pool companies. Medallion was the worst presentation AND the worst overall experience. It started out promising. Medallion came to our house and spent over an hour with us discussing what we were looking for in a pool. We talked about the style and components we wanted to have. We wanted a geometric pool, no free-form, with salt water generator and Pebbletec finish. We wanted to integrate the decking with our current covered patio, but did not want a lot of hardscape. We also wanted an arbor for shading. We spent quite a bit of time discussing the specifics of what we were looking for...something clean lined and more contemporary. He seemed to understand what we wanted. He asked questions and spent quite a bit of time taking measurements of our yard. We live on a corner lot so we even went outside and discussed placement of the pool and arbor and a little about how they would do the build. For example, access for equipment and grading. He said there would be more discussion when we came into the office for the design. We received a call from Tayler in the office to set up an appointment for about a week later. We came into the office for our meeting and I would have to say I was immediately disappointed. On the screen our presentation had 3 components: 1. a rectangular-shaped pool (not even the size we indicated), 2. a generic outline of our house (no roof line, windows or anything, 3. a generic water feature (very traditional with two basins) There was no landscape, no decking, almost nothing. When I asked why there wasn't much done, he said - "We can't design it without you being here, we don't know what you want." When I said we spent an hour discussing what we wanted during their visit to the house, the response was, "We don't do that." Basically, they design it when you come into the office. I could not believe it! After coming to our home and spending an hour with us discussing what we wanted, I expected something more than what I could drop into a CAD program in 15 minutes. Pool - drop in, water feature - drop in. The only thing that may have taken a little time would be the house. But since there were no windows, the covered patio leading out to the house was not drawn correctly nor was there any roof line or anything to identify it as actually our home…that probably was a drop in also. Every other pool builder we interviewed actually spent time creating a design for our pool and backyard that addressed exactly what we discussed. They were ALL fully rendered with pool design, decking, the house, furniture and landscaping and two had 3D movement throughout. Basically, they were showing what they envisioned for our pool based on discussions we had (the same discussion we had with Medallion Pools). While we were there, we mentioned 3 of the basins would look better than just two. We asked him to add the decking to the pool. I asked what about landscape and he added a few bushes. We were there about 50" for him to do that. He did not seem to be well versed in the computer program he was using. We briefly looked at possible decking stone and he said he would work on it and email it to us later. When we were emailed the project later - it looked exactly like it looked when we left. He did not work on it any further to improve the look. There was no furniture, no landscaping, nothing. I don’t even think the water feature, as built, would even work properly since the water would probably splash and run down the sides. There was another employee designing a pool when we were at the office for another client and I mentioned to my husband that it was more like my expectation of what we would see for our project. Tayler (office assistant?) was pleasant and professional each time I called. I also thought Russell was fine when he came for the initial visit to my home. My main complaint is the minimal effort put into the design of our project.

Description of Work
Building an inground pool with arbors. We wanted a lap pool approximately 12-15' x 35-40'. This would be our second pool build. My husband wanted to have a pool long enough for laps.

Category concrete repair, decks, plastering, pool cleaners, patios, swimming pools

11/24/2015

Sarah E.

3 years ago when we were doing pool estimates, Medallion/Wayne were one of the few who actually responded and stayed in touch. That stuck with us, and our impression of their service and customer focus hasn't changed. Wayne, the owner, personally oversaw the installation and was extremely available and responsive. His team was also responsive and helpful. We are extremely happy with the finished product and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed pool, spa, patio, pergola

Category swimming pools

11/17/2015

robert S.

Medallion Pools provided exceptional service with the design and build of our pool. Wayne was very patient with me during the design phase listening to what I wanted and how I wanted the pool to look. He offered ideas and even places to go to see what it would look what some of the materials looked like first hand such as the stone, coping cement etc. Once the design was complete he was able to give me a hard quote which he stood by along with the completion date. The only increase in cost came from the fact we hit rock a few feet down during the dig and last minute changes to the original design I made during the build. Regarding the rock we hit during the build Wayne offered full disclosure prior to signing that if rock was hit there would be an increase in the cost and offered me an hourly quote for the dig crew for overages over the number of hours for a normal dig. Once the dig was complete the process moved very quickly and seemed like there was someone out nearly everyday working on some aspect of the project such as the plumbers, electricians and masons etc. The pool was complete on time the only two issues encountered was the wrong color stone was used where I called Wayne while they were unloading it and he showed up within 10 minutes of the call to correct the issue. The second issue was a plaster issue that was promptly remedied by his plaster contractor. All in all very happy with the process the communication and the prompt resolutions of problems. Every project encounters some kind of problem and the the way it is handled separates the good from the bad in my opinion. Mediallion Pools was very good.

Description of Work
Built a pool and a patio.

Category electrician, masonry, plastering, patios, swimming pools

thanks [Member Name Removed]! we appreciate you guys

09/17/2015

Michael J.

Wayne, they owner, did an excellent job building my pool. Not only were my expectations exceeded, I felt like he had a passion for work and was very detail oriented. After the pool was built, the service techs monitored and serviced the pool at no extra charge for the next 4 weeks. They did such a great job I signed up to continue having them service my pool. I would definitely recommend Wayne and Medallion Pools to my friends and family to build their pool. I’ve worked with a lot of contractors and I have never had one that kept me as informed throughout the process as Wayne did. I’ll be sure to contact him on my next outdoor project.

Description of Work
I had a pool and spa build with a large brush concrete deck.

Category concrete repair, decks, pool cleaners, swimming pools

we appreciate you guys [member name removed]

05/30/2015

Oren N.

Description of Work
Requested to change pool bulb.

Category pool cleaners

[Member name removed] is simply an unrealistic person we chose to also discontinue his service A request to change a pool light was made on a Wed to install by Sat during which storms, rain and high volume of calls issued a response to [Member name removed] from us we would not guarantee we would be able to install. Him writing a bad review simply proves how bad of a customer he really is and why we cancelled his service with him. Simply a case of not being able to make everyone happy all the time especially when it's an unrealistic homeowner unrealistic No monies were exchanged for this alleged complaint

01/13/2015

Monica F.

We have used Medallion Pools. The service from Medallion Pools was an ongoing process from March to July of last year and we are still using them for maintenance. The timeliness and effectiveness of the work stood out the most. The ongoing service is awesome. They come once a week to check on the pool and let me know if there are any problemsor anything that I need to work on.

Description of Work
They installed a pool.

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

Thanks [removed member name], we appreciate you.

06/30/2014

James D.

Description of Work
Wayne did a great job, the pool was finished and had minimal destruction to the backyard and surroundings. I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a quality pool and very responsive to every need.

Category swimming pools

Thanks guys, we appreciate your trust. we appreciate you guys

04/07/2014

Natalie S.

Wayne and his team are fantastic. We had decided to have a pool installed in our backyard when we first purchased the home. We knew our space being a North Texas yard was limited. We took our time and selected a number of companies to call. We went off of reviews and word of mouth referrals from family and friends. Wayne came out and spent a few minutes discussing what we wanted and our overall reasoning for doing the pool. There was no dog and pony show. I was not handed countless pictures of other people's pools and told what features he would put into the design. He was professional. He listened and heard us and our needs. Once the design was drawn we went and met with Wayne to review. He truly set himself apart from the others at this stage. His design was exactly what we had discussed. Other companies had added features we never even mentioned (driving the cost up), and had no need for. Wayne designed our pool with us in mind and not the number of things he could charge us for. The discussion was open and he never tried to hide any costs. Other builders would make us sit through hour long presentations to finally give us a quote for a pool that did not fit our needs. It felt more like a timeshare presentation than a pool consultation. Save your time. Wayne will tell it to you straight and is very competitive in pricing. Ultimately we felt comfortable with Wayne, the design, and the price. Once the construction started Wayne kept us up to date on who would be coming and when. We were never surprised by anyone just showing up. Medallion came highly recommended by friends and neighbors. Now having spoken to neighbors who went with the "other guys", I am much more reassured of our decision. I have had no complaints. No horror stories. No inconvenience by the build process. The ratings should allow for A+. Simple A's don't say enough about them and their service. Each member of his team are friendly and quick to answer questions. Bottom Line; would I use them again? Without hesitation.

Description of Work
New Swimming Pool Construction.

We appreciate you guys!

03/04/2014

Clark H.

Our experience with Medallion Pools was nothing short of exceptional. We first met with the owner, Wayne (who is also the builder, and not just a sales guy...), when he came to our house to meet with us. We met for about an hour and talked about wants, must haves, etc and then walked the yard for him to get measurements. We were very challenged ins that our yard is incredibly small, yet we wanted a lot of wow factor. The next meeting was a consultation at his home office in which he actually did the design of the pool and yard with us sitting there. We walked out with a 3D rendering of what it would look like and a detailed line item quote in hand. Once we started construction, the process was as good as could be expected. Wayne constantly communicated with us regarding days people would be onsite, what was being done what day, etc. He provided us with an initial schedule, and even in light of all of the crazy winter weather we were only 2 weeks off. Throughout the build, they were always great with answering questions, addressing concerns, and even making slight modifications that did not effect the price. The final product honestly speaks for itself. Before choosing Medallion, we met with several other builders, and there were several distinct things that drove us to Wayne's company: 1. You get to work directly with the owner who knows every step of the construction process, what can and can't be accomplished, etc. With the other companies, we met with sales people (no offense to sales people, as I am one myself...). That gave us the confidence that we would be delivered a pool as sold and that we wouldn't find out half way through that our understanding was different than the crew that was building it. 2. Wayne took the time to build the pool design with us present. Throughout the process we made various changes on the fly that were immediately accommodated. Others we met with provided us their interpretation of what they thought we wanted, and in some cases were nothing like what we asked for. They didn't listen to our wants and must haves, and when we asked about making changes they were very reluctant. Obviously, someone else put together the design for the salesman to present. Also, Wayne provided us a couple of print outs of the 3D rendering for us to keep. No one else would. 3. Wayne provided us a line item quote that he put together at the time we did the design. Others provided a single line item price and refused to break out any pricing. This was key for us in order to determine what we could keep and what we ultimately had to cut out of the job to keep it under budget. Bottom line is that you can't go wrong with these guys.

Description of Work
Custom Swimming Pool and Landscaping.

Category landscaping, swimming pools

We appreciate you guys

02/15/2013

Chris S.

Moving from Kentucky to Texas last year had us wondering how best to cope with the Texas Summer heat. We quickly decided that a pool at our new house was a must. Before making our move, we began interviewing pool contractors over the phone and reviewing designs submitted to us via email. From our first conversation with Wayne Brito at Medallion Pools, we knew he not only understood what we were looking for in a backyard retreat, but he also respected where we wanted to be budget-wise. He gave us honest practical suggestions during the design phase that helped bring our dream to reality, but our satisfaction didn't stop once we signed the contract. Although construction was delayed due to significant rainfall, Wayne always kept us well informed during the construction phase. We received regular emails or calls to let us know when to expect contractors on site. There was never a time when we wondered what was going on with the pool. Once finished, Wayne took the time to bring a family of pool-neophytes up to speed on how to properly care for our new salt water pool, and they have been very responsive when we've had additional questions as we've been enjoying our pool. From start to finish, we've never doubted our decision to go with Medallion Pools.

Description of Work
Wayne and his team at Medallion Pools designed and built our in ground pool and deck.

CARAWAY CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION

Need help with your concrete? Ready for a new driveway? We are a family-owned and operated company with over 40 years serving the DFW area. We are able to serve you for concrete pouring, stamped and decorative concrete, foundations and slabs, yard grading, drainage, retaining walls, and more. You will love our dedication to quality work - you will never get an inferior quality concrete product from us. Call now to schedule your estimate at the number above or 2145022757!

Efficient Irrigation Systems

Efficient Irrigation Systems is a full service irrigation repair, irrigation install company that also offers Landscape Lighting. We are a small locally owned company who's focus is on quality and customer satisfaction!

2022 Super Service Award

AK Lighting

Get $250 Toward Your Project When You Schedule a Free Estimate - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed with our Final Walk-Through Service - FREE Consultation & FREE demo so you can see it before you buy it! - We Offer American-Made Products - 12-Month Workmanship Warranty Want landscape lighting to make your home look elegant, more welcoming, and emphasize the features you love? I've installed landscape lighting for about 7 years, half with a professional company and half with my company. One thing I have found that has helped everyone of my customers is a FREE demo. We set up the lights so you can see what it looks like before you commit. This way you can visualize what you want, and we can install without guessing. Give us a call if you're interested in a free demo.

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing, Check

Swimming pool construction, swimming pool remodel, swimming pool service, swimming pool repair and maintenance

landscaping, fences, any above ground pool items, fiberglass pools, decks,