Light It Up Electric

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2009

Electrical contractor in Little Elm, Texas. Light It Up Electric provides you with the highest level of electrical services. Our small company has been family owned and operated since 2000. We are dedicated to providing custom lighting, electrical trouble shooting, repairs, and upgrades for both residential and commercial clients. No electrical job is too big or too small.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Carrie D.
02/16/2019
Fantastic. The technician was so knowledgeable, explained what needed to be done and got right to work. He was precise in checking, double & triple checking his measurements. No issues or hiccups and I now have beautiful lit sconces on the wall. They look and operate perfect.
Description of Work
I had two brand new hardwire Pottery Barn sconces to install which required all the wiring from the attic down into the family room, and switches. I did not input monies paid as I feel thats not my place to share.
lighting
Paul W.
02/05/2019
First of all, this is family run business. Todd (the master electrician) and his wife run the business. I always enjoy doing business with small family own companies. Two of his technicians came out to help with an outlet/breaker issue we were having. They conferred with Todd prior to finalizing the fix. Price was reasonable, and I feel more comfortable with them compared to our past electrician (who decided to move on to roofing!). I will use again, if needed.
Description of Work
Breaker and outlet repair
Robert P.
06/25/2018
Excellent work...on time, did what was needed quickly and efficiently. Had some outdoor lights where the electrical wires were inadvertently cut and we also needed a new electrical on and off indoor key pad to automate the lights. Everything was done well.
Description of Work
Outdoor lighting repair
Skv X.
04/09/2018
Installed sense energy meter to track my energy usage. I had a solar add on module, he read the documentation and installed it without any hesitation. For any electric work, i highly recommend it.
Description of Work
Installed sense energy meter
Bruce E.
12/07/2017
I don't think I could find a better outfit than this. These guys came in and cleaned up a failed attempt on my part to install a Ring Video Door Bell Pro with my existing wired doorbell. I managed to short out the transformer in the existing doorbell plus damage the ringing apparatus in the process. I called Light It Up Electric, explained my dilemma, and they responded at my convenience a few days later. In anticipation of their service call, I purchased a new chime apparatus because I was pretty sure I had shorted out the existing transformer. When the guys arrived, they assessed the situation and in less than 45 minutes the new doorbell was installed and the Ring Doorbell was wired to it. Everything was checked to ensure proper operation and I was all set. Thank you to Jerry and D.J. who were friendly, professional, and very customer oriented. In the future, Light It Up Electric will definitely be my first choice for all my home electrical needs. Thanks!
Description of Work
Had a new doorbell chime installed and a Ring Video Door Bell Pro integrated into that unit.
Matt M.
09/19/2017
They were professional, courteous, prompt and responsive. I am very happy with the process and the result.
Description of Work
Installed new outlets, switches, patio lights and outdoor tv.
Tim W.
01/11/2017
Worked out great. Came on time and finished early. Left only 2 small holes vs what I was told up front so the drywall repair was minimal. They did a great job! Lights look great and well worth the price.
Description of Work
Under cabinet lighting and 3 pod lights.
Stephen B.
12/05/2016
Correctly diagnosed the problem but had to have a second appointment due to the time needed to replace the wire and conduit.
Description of Work
Diagnosed problem of why breaker that protects pool and landscape lights permanently tripped. Replaced external conduit, wire and light switches.
Vicki J.
09/13/2016
Excellent. Although this was pretty routine stuff, we have used Light it Up previously and have been very pleased with Todd's persistence and problem solving abilities when faced with an unusual electrical problem. Highly recommend this family owned and operated company.
Description of Work
Replaced all 6 of the 15 year old wired smoke detectors on ceilings too high for us to reach, with new, sealed units. Also upgraded all closet and storage room florescent fixtures, including new slimmer bulbs.
athene H.
11/06/2015
They arrived on time.The initial crew could not diagnose the problem .The owner came back and stayed until he was able to diagnose the problem He ordered us parts and came to install them.
Description of Work
Electrical
Billy R.
10/19/2015
Went well; no subsequent problems.
Description of Work
Mounted rwo outdoor ceiling fans
roberta B.
09/03/2015
Arrived on time and did a professional job.
Description of Work
I had just moved and my dryer connection didn't work in the new house.
George B.
06/10/2015
Arrived as scheduled and we discussed what I needed. An internet cable to be installed starting near the telephone box on the outside, through the attic and down an interior wall. This would allow AT&T to install high speed internet by using the new CAT5 line. Jerry and Walt did the install perfectly. Several days later AT&T was able to use the new CAT5 line. Flawless performance. I will be scheduling more work with this company soon.
Description of Work
Installed CAT5 line for internet.
Brandon T.
05/18/2015
Todd (and crew) are great. I've had them out several times for a variety of things - installing fans, switches, outdoor lighting, etc. Price is always good, they are on time, and they are always professional and nice. Can't ask for more. Light it Up is my "go to" company for all electric needs.
Description of Work
Fan installation
Christine W.
02/16/2015
Todd was great to work with and very professional. He was extremely responsive. We were able to schedule both a free estimate and the work to be done very quickly. He was also able to provide a recommendation on the number of lights that would look best for our house. The lighting looks great! I would definitely recommend Light it Up to others.
Description of Work
We had exterior undereaves lighting installed at our house.
Tami F.
06/16/2014
They had to make 2 trips. We have outlets around the eaves of our home for Christmas lights. We can turn them on with a switch inside. My husband had replaced the traditional switch with a timer. It "blew" and tripped the breaker. We purchased a new timer at Home Depot and I called Light It Up to install it. They came and installed the timer but that evening when the Christmas Lights came on, it "blew" again. I called Light It Up and they sent 2 different men. On the 2nd trip, the men informed me that the timer I had purchased wouldn't allow the number of amps my Christmas Lights were using and that I needed a different timer. They ordered me a larger amp timer and came back to install. They only charged a service fee for the 1st trip and only the parts/labor charge for the additional trips. The 2nd set of men who came out were very informative. They were able to tell me how many amps each set of lights I was using took and how it was originally set up in my breaker box. We also had them install an additional plug in our garage to "redistribute" the electrical load(or something like that). (It had to do with the breaker box & GFCI outlets) I only gave them an overall "B" because the 1st guys who came out did not read the max. amps for the timer I purchased and figure out my lights were over the maximum. I will definitely keep using them.
Description of Work
Replace a inside light switch with a timer. Also, installed an electrical outlet.
Jeff R.
01/29/2014
They completed the job in an hour. They were excellent! They were very helpful in my home automation for my z-wave light switches.
Description of Work
They installed four z-wave light switches.
electrician, lighting, home automation
George K.
01/03/2014
Overall it went very well. They were on time for both the free estimate and the actual work. They they were competent and friendly. They were happy to answer my questions. The only detracting thing was they did not clean up after their work was completed. It may have been because the house is being remodeled and is not in a finished state. There was no floor installed (only concrete slab). Counter tops were removed (waiting for granite to be installed). Dust was all over as I had just finished removing thinset. This may be why they forgot to clean up their work. I didn't even think about it until after they were gone and I'm sure if I had mentioned it they would have been happy to tidy up after themselves.
Description of Work
Installed 40 AMP 6-3 wiring from garage electric panel to kitchen for new cook top. This was about a 100 foot run. Also relocated an electrical outlet on the back wall of a base cabinet onto the cabinet floor so it would be accessible when the retractable downdraft vent was installed.
Jason E.
12/13/2013
I have used them several times and are always on time and do a good job.
Description of Work
Installed recessed lights in bedroom and fixed outside outlets
JANIE R.
12/11/2013
They were very professional. The person that came and gave the free estimate was sooo much more professional than the other 2 estimates. He came in and was the first contact to give us the confidence to have them do the job. He answered questions I had that had come up from talking to the other 2 companies. It was obvious they were very familiar with our area. When it came time to have the work done,the electricians came out on time, spent the estimated time. Were very friendly, but very professional. We added a ceiling fan install and another ceiling fan alteration to remote. The did a great job on those too. This work was done after another company came out to do repairs. The other company had to come out several times, and though they didn't charge us for the work they had already done, it was very inconvenient to have to have them out over and over again. I KNOW the work Light it up Electric did was done right the first time. Oh, and the price was the best of all the estimates too.
Description of Work
Changed out bad breaker box.
Lynne M.
08/13/2013
They are absolutely fantastic. I was having a hard time looking for a company to look at my hot tub and they are the few people that we worked with. They called back and they are the most special. Absolutely fantastic. Professional all the way around. He knows what he is doing and he is spot on.
Description of Work
Light It Up Electric did my hot tub.
Vanessa J.
07/06/2013
The electricians called when they were on the way, arrived on time or early, assembled the new fan, removed the old one replaced it with the newly assembled one. They worked efficiently and professionally.
Description of Work
Replaced a ceiling fan on 18ft ceiling.
Lawrence W.
04/18/2013
These guys are amazing. Calvin and Red replaced the chandeliers so fast it was unbelievable. Troy did all the work (a very long list) the 2nd time and the 3rd time was Calvin and Red. Professional, friendly, fast - it's remarkable.
Description of Work
We asked them to come 3 times. The first time they replaced the entry hall chandelier and the dining room chandelier with new ones we had bought. The 2nd time it was several more light fixtures, smoke alarms, landscape lights and more. The 3rd time it was for a ceiling fan and garage light.
Category
electrician, landscaping, lighting, ceiling fans
David G.
04/11/2013
Fantastic. Calvin and Red were extremely professional, very knowledgeable and FAST! Very friendly guys. And reasonably priced. This is a small company with top-notch service. They will definitely be my choice next time I need an electrician.
Description of Work
The electricians did troubleshooting on an existing ceiling fan, hung from an 18' high ceiling, and then when they determined it had a bad motor, assembled and hung a replacement fan for me.
Travis W.
12/20/2012
Needed service ASAP, but their schedule was understandably full being right before the major holiday. They were very professional and helpful on the phone to discuss my issue on the phone since I was on a time crunch on having an inspection done on a house purchase. I will definitely use them when needing electrical work done. THANK YOU!!!

Phone

American Express
Discover
Visa

FAQ

Light It Up Electric is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

Light It Up Electric accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Yes, Light It Up Electric offers free project estimates.

No, Light It Up Electric does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

No, Light It Up Electric does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, Light It Up Electric offers warranties.

Light It Up Electric offers the following services: Electrical services. Troubleshooting. Panel upgrades. Custom lighting. Commercial finish outs.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Landscaping Over Texas

(68)

2022 Super Service Award

Landscaping Over Texas

At Landscaping Over Texas we offer a variety of services. Our goal is to improve the quality of your lawn, home value, and for you to love coming home to well taken care of lawn. We value integrity, hard work, and commitment. We are always seeking growth as individuals and as a company and always look to be a positive influence in anyone we come in contact with. As they say, everything is bigger in Texas, and as such is the love and passion we have for what we do. When you a hire us you are hiring a team that is more like family and has over 8 years of experience in this craft. Call us today for your FREE ESTIMATE and from the bottom of the Landscaping Over Texas family's heart, thank you for visiting our profile. We hope to hear from you very soon!

Berkeys has been serving DFW since 1975. Berkeys offers plumbing, air conditioning & heating, and electrical services to homeowners. The company sells America’s top-rated brands of heating and air conditioning equipment known for high efficiency, reliability and serviceability. Berkeys Peace of Mind Plan ensures HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems all operate safely and at peak efficiency. Berkeys maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has led the field in area newspapers’ readers’ favorite polls.

Premier Air Service

(14)

Premier Air Service

Heating and Air-conditioning: Sales, Service and Installation Residential and Light Commercial. Electrical Contractor. Duct cleaning, attic insulation and dryer vent cleaning recently added to our services.