1st Choice Foundation Repair Co

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2010

3411 Preston Road Suite C13-118

Frisco, TX 75034

Why 1st Choice Foundation Repair is a smart decision? We’re part of the community – our business is locally owned and operated. There when you need us -- we've been serving the foundation repair needs of Dallas and the surrounding area for more than 17 years. We are fully insured for your protection. Active members of the Dallas Better Business Bureau. Our Lifetime Transferable Warranty will protect both you and future owners. Affordable and economical pricing, backed by our Best Price Guarantee. We offer concrete piers or steel piers for the best repair options. We offer Licensed Structural Engineer referrals. Our great service and high quality workmanship is evidenced by our many client referrals. Financing available Additional phone - (972) 977-8260. Additional contact name - Chris Statzer. Locally owned & operated. Additional email - jason@fixyourfoundation.com. Additional Service area-Grand Prairie, Richardson, Carrollton Counties...

06/25/2020

Brandi M.

We ended up not needing to have any work performed thus why I am writing the review to praise them for being transparent, honest, and helpful. We needed advice on sealing some minor exposed tension rods and they could have charged a few hundred dollars to come out and perform the work but instead provided detailed instructions on how we can do this ourselves for less than $20. Hopefully we will not need their help in the future, but if we do know who to call.

Description of Work
Estimate for work

Category mudjacking, foundation repair

06/07/2020

Debbie G.

We were having foundation issues. Dealt with someone by the name John C. Extremely rude. Never do business with them. Avoid them like a plague.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

Category foundation repair

[Member Name Removed], I do apologize for the situation and I appreciate the time you took to explain your frustration. Your concerns have been addressed, thank you for the feedback. Please know that our offer still stands to repair your home at cost and provide you with a Full Lifetime Warranty. Thank you again for the opportunity to speak with you and offer a resolution.

03/31/2020

Adi C.

They did an excellent job, great experience, they are easy to work with, great job and no complaints at all.

Description of Work
They did a foundation repair.

03/20/2020

Dee R.

Above and beyond. They came back in December. They found out we need to extend the gutter away from the house. They went to Home depot and got extension gutter to pull water away from the house. They did not have to do that. I was grateful to have them.

Description of Work
foundation couple years ago. and ago this pass December

Category gutter repair, foundation repair

07/05/2018

Paul G.

Used this company because of previous work done on one of our children's homes, and they did a pretty good job. However, on our home, the amount of work required was greater. The salesman was very convincing and made assurances that were not followed by the working foreman. He also told us that he would always be there if we had any issues. He later told us not to call him again and to deal directly with the foreman or the company. I emailed the company outlining the issues that we experienced including cutting the drip line in our sprinkler system in at least five (there may be more) places, but the company made no offer to make the repairs. So,we had to hire a sprinkler company to make the most visible repairs. They told us that there were probably more leaks (we found two) but that it would cost $80/hour check out all of the locations. Backfill and clean-up were also issues. So, in our case, this was a company that told a good story up front, but didn't follow through with a quality job. Also wonder if they really would honor their Lifetime Warranty. Would not recommend.

Description of Work
Installed 30 concrete piers

Category foundation repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. During over conversation about your drip system, I offered to cover the cost(up to $200) if you provided the receipts for the repair. As outlined in the contract, we are not responsible for plumbing(sprinklers) as they are buried, however I wanted to make things right for you. Yes, you do have a Lifetime warranty through 1st Choice Foundation Repair. You have my personal cell number as well should you need to contact me. I apologize for the unintended consequences with your drip system. We thank you for your business.

04/06/2018

Maranda B.

1st Choice worked long and hard at repairing my foundation. They made sure it was all done right the first time. They were extremely efficient and had the best price. They cleaned up thoroughly after themselves once the job was done. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

03/28/2016

Timothy N.

Nick came out to perform our estimate. He was on time and very professional. Nick did a great job articulating what he noticed during his evaluation, and did so in layman’s terms that made sense. His evaluation determined no structural issues, and that no foundation repair was needed at this time. We had several other estimates from other companies, with only one giving the same feedback as Nick. So we went ahead and had a structural engineer come out, for an unbiased opinion, and his evaluation was the same as Nick’s. Although we didn’t require their service after all at this time, we will definitely recommend their service (especially Nick) paying it forward.

Description of Work
Estimate for Foundation Repair

06/11/2015

CHERYL H.

Jason and Nick both came out to give me an estimate. They showed up on time, were extremely courteous. While I talked to Jason, Nick walked around the outside and inside of my house, taking measurements. Then they sat down with me and explain in detail the work that would be done. I?d had other companies give me estimates but after meeting with Jason I decided to go with them. I thought the price quoted was fair for the amount of work done They said it would be a 2-day job and worked with me to schedule a Friday-Saturday to do the work. The foreman showed up on time to start work Friday. After the first day of digging it looked like a war zone around my house. On Saturday after they had raised the house there was one issue I didn?t like. The crack in the dining room area didn?t close but the foreman did his best to correct that issue. There are probably nails or bolts that are bent that prevented it from closing. The doors though that were sticking now opened easily. I liked the fact the foreman each time they raised the house, would come inside and check measurements to ensure it was level, checking the doors to make sure they would open, and checking to see if the lifting was causing any additional problems. When they were finished, they replanted my scrubs, filled in all the cracks in the brick, filled in the holes in the ground where they dug, and spread some of the extra dirt around some of the yard. It wasn?t quite as clean and nice as before the started, but honestly the process didn't create as much of a mess as I expected. I'd already planned to do landscaping after they were done. Overall I was very satisfied with their work. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Leveled foundation. Installed 25 exterior pressed concrete piers, 2 interior pressed concrete piers, and 8 concrete breakout piers.

Category excavators, foundation repair

02/02/2015

Glenda M.

Well the right side of my home had dropped about 4 inches if not more on one side and had cause the interior walls to crack. So these guys had a lot of work to do and they did it. When they finished my cracks had disappeared and it looked really nice. The great news is even the owner (Chris Statzer) took a interest in the work they were doing and made sure the job went well. He called me to make sure I was satisfied with the work and his guys kept me informed. The guys were very professional and finished the job in a timely manner. Thank you for such a great job!

Description of Work
They prepared and placed 13 piers under the perimeter beams and 2 piers under the interior beam under my foundation.

10/01/2014

Lloyd B.

Jason arrived on schedule. After making friends with my dog he got to work. Quickly he determined that he could not help me with foundation pier devices. The foundation in that corner of the house was marginally off level. He told me he could not take my money and then proceeded to educate me on what my possibilities were. He recommended that I get a door repair company over to quote the job and see if they can do it. He gave me some ideas on how I can raise the slab and porch slab in that corner of the house using tools he recommended. He recommended I get an independent engineer to evaluate the foundation. I then told him I had another company put in 10 piers in the front of the house. He advised me that they should get out to my house and bring the foundation to "level" at the front. He then educated me on piers and especially in regards to the type piers that were installed. He spent as much time as necessary to discuss this with me although I know he had many more appointments. Jason is honest and knows his business. I am going to follow his recommendations precisely. I recommend that you do not deal with companies that advertise on TV with known sports personalities. Call Jason before you call anyone else or you will be sorry. Thanks Jason!

Description of Work
Jason came to quote a problem I had with my back door and screen door. The doors will not close and cannot be locked.

07/22/2014

Scott B.

JASON HARBER refused to complete the assessment. Suggested I get an SE report. I have 2 SE reports. Neither one of the SE Reports noticed a 4 inch drop in the kitchen. I've had 8 other foundation companies to my home, and no has seen a 4 inch drop in the kitchen or anywhere else.

Description of Work
1. Measured Living Room, Master BR and Kitchen only. 2. Said my Kitchen was 4 inches down. 3. Refused to finish measuring the remainder of the house.

Category foundation repair

Thank you taking the time to review our company. Jason walked through the home and found that it was four inches out of tolerance. All measurements were shown to potential client as they were being taken. Since there was such an extreme amount of movement in the home, Jason suggested getting a structural engineer report as the home has several areas which needed to be examined by an engineer. 1st Choice did not want to provide an estimate at the time of the visit without seeing an engineering report first, due to the extreme movement of the home Potential client did not provide us the two engineering reports he had already had in his possession. We did not find out until after we had left the home that he already had two engineering reports. We regret that you were disappointed by our suggestion to get an engineering report in order to provide an accurate proposal..

06/10/2014

LaDonna K.

They were honest and gave us advise. We were impressed.

Description of Work
Came out and evaluated our problem and advised us regarding it.

04/27/2014

Robert H.

Jason arrived promptly to assess our foundation. After a thorough look at our foundation, he did not recommend completing the work. He did not charge anything for coming out and was very professional. Highly recommend for integrity, although he did not end up performing work on the house.

Description of Work
Pier and Beam foundation assessment.

04/02/2014

David K.

Called Jason to request an inspection. He was over the next day and after taking numerous measurements, indicated that our foundation is in great shape. I really appreciate his responsiveness, promptness and honesty. Would highly recommend 1st Choice.

Description of Work
Foundation inspection

02/22/2014

Dan P.

The crew arrived on time (actually a little early) and began work immediately. I work from home, so had to attend to business on the phone most of the day. My neighbor helped out by greeting the crew chief (Sergio?) and showing them around the yard until I could get free. The crew chief was very patient, knowledgeable and informative, explaining the process to us. The installation of 13 piers was completed within 8 hours. They had to remove a portion of a wood deck and a few shrubs to access the foundation, but had completed the pier work, reinstalled the deck/shrubs, cleaned up and gone by 4:30pm. The flower beds, shrubs, deck and such weren't quite as clean and nice looking as before they started, but honestly, the process didn't create as much of a mess as I expected. I'd recommend 1st Choice, and my neighbor was impressed enough to plan for them to do his foundation this summer.

Description of Work
Foundation repair. Install 13 concrete piers

01/09/2014

Paul P.

They did a good job and cleaned up after themselves, but the original cost was more than what they quoted.

Description of Work
They put in around 18 steel peers.

Category foundation repair

[member name removed] thank you for your review on Angie's List. We reviewed your contract and you had 20 Steel piers installed. You were quoted $10,300 in our proposal. We then reduced the contract amount by an additional $500, as we applied an Angie's List discount. The total amount was $9,800. We will be happy to supply you with the original quote of $10,300 if you are unable to find it to support the fact that we actually charged you LESS than originally quoted. Please keep in mind that we followed a licensed structural engineering report that you supplied us. We have no control over the engineering reports. We thank you again for the opportunity to lift your home and we are very appreciative of your positive reviews about our crew and the excellent work they performed on your home.

11/22/2013

Debra G W.

Phill and team were fabulous!!! I have had several bids and bet FAR.... Phill was the best! Excellent service, great customer service and NO surprises!!! Look no further!

Description of Work
Foundation

Category excavators

11/17/2013

joelyn C.

First Choice was very professional and did an excellent job. On the day of the job, the foreman explained that they were going to install 16 piers around the outside of the house. I was able to see them dig around the foundation to place the piers and then raise the foundation to the original level. It was pretty interesting. They did an excellent job of cleaning up and replanting bushes and I am very pleased with this company.

Description of Work
Service by 1st Choice Foundation Repair Co.

Category structural engineer, mudjacking, foundation repair

10/31/2013

Andrew E.

I have waited a year to write this review...i have heard horror stories about problems after foundation repair. Jason and his team were professional and efficient....and I am happy to report we have had NO FURTHER PROBLEMS with our foundation. I can not recommend this company highly enough. Jason was wonderful to work with and truly knows his business. I own a small business in Plano and have felt comfortable enough to refer 1st Choice to clients. If you have foundation issues...please choose 1st Choice Foundation Repair.

Description of Work
Leveled foundation

09/09/2013

Candace S.

1st Choice will always be my first choice if I ever need any foundation repair done again. I had several quotes from other reputable companies but wanted one more to round it out. I called Jason whom I believe he is the owner and he explained the process to me over the phone. I emailed our structural engineer report to him and he sent back his bid right away. The other companies still insisted on sending out a salesperson and would only give estimates even with the report. Chris supervised from that point on. Chris answered any questions I had. He had his team out within a few days. They pulled the shrubs out, placed 13 piers around my house, replaced the shrubs and cleaned up in 6 hours! A few of our sprinklers were accidentally buried. Chris has a landscaper to come and make sure our sprinklers are in tip top shape. He emailed me to make sure everything is in order. He also called to make sure that I had received the information he sent. He even helped me figure out a non foundation problem. I feel like I have new friends! I have already recommended them to friends and family. These guys are professional; yet, feel more like family. They took a stressful situation and made it painless. Oh, and they underbid the other companies by a good margin! Our structural engineer even recommended them when I told him the companies that I had called for estimates. They also have a lifetime transferable warranty!

Description of Work
Installed 13 piers and paid plumbing leak test

07/28/2013

dennis P.

The whole process was a pleasure. Sounds odd i know about foundation repair, but everyone was professional and extremely diligent in what they did. They will work with you on the finances and honest in what they say. I could not believe all it took was one day in this texas soil. They arrived at 8:00 a.m. and 12 hours later they were done. I would use their services again.

Description of Work
Installed 17 piers. 7 of those piers had to have holes through concrete drive way and garage.

07/24/2013

Amy N.

Jason was able to come out the same day I called to look at the house and give me an estimate. Luckily, my foundation had not shifted enough to need repairs and he explained how to correct it with soaker hoses. He also went around the house with me and explained what signs to look for in the future should I have concerns with my foundation again. He was very knowledgable and professional. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an honest evaluation of their foundation.

Description of Work
Jason inspected my house thoroughly and let me know that I would not need any repairs. He told me the foundation had only shifted slightly and explained how to correct it using soaker hoses.

07/17/2013

Amanda D.

I called Jason on Monday afternoon, and he was at my house by Wednesday. He showed up on time, was extremely courteous, and very quick with his work. He saw signs of previous foundation repair (which the former owners neglected to disclose), and pointed out all of the signs. We ended up not needing any work at the moment, but he suggested a few things to have done to protect the foundation in the long term. Overall a fantastic experience, and he will be my first suggestion if any friends or family need an inspection.

Description of Work
Checked on cracks in exterior brickwork.

06/20/2013

JOANNA G.

Jason from 1st Choice Foundation Repair checked around my house and told me I don't need foundation repair. That tickled me to no end because why should I pay for something I don't need. He took the time to walk all the way around the house to look at the foundation, he was thorough, he drew a sketch of it, we looked at it to discuss it, and he advised me if I keep up with the drip systems and things like that the foundation will be just fine. Jason owns 1st Choice Foundation Repair so he came out to do the estimate himself and he was right on time. He would be the first one I'd call if I needed to in the future.

Description of Work
Jason from 1st Choice Foundation Repair inspected my foundation.

05/10/2013

James P.

1st Choice was very thorough and helped us understand the process before doing any work. They also recommended that we get an independent foundation engineer so that we could have assurance that the work done was what was needed. They did the entire job (5 interior piers) in a single day for half the price of some competing quotes. Though interior piers obviously resulted in some damage to our flooring, 1st Choice did a good of job of keeping the damage to a minimum.

Description of Work
5 Interior Steel Piers Installed

Andys Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through outstanding customer service provided by our honest, licensed professionals. Our technicians receive criminal background checks, receive extensive training (on top of their required state licensing), and we don't cut corners. If you want the job done right the first time, give Andy's a call today!

Texas Watering Solutions

-Lawn Irrigation -Drainage -Retaining Walls -Lawn Maintenance -Stone Patios

Metroplex Gutters and Windows

At Metroplex Gutter and Windows, we’re pleased to provide gutter services and window services across North Texas. We’ve been proudly installing painted copper gutters, seamless gutters and replacement vinyl windows, among other things, in Dallas, Fort Worth and beyond for over two decades. Turn to our team of experienced installers for expert customer service on your home improvement project. Our solid reputation in the DFW area comes from offering businesses and homeowners the best service, the finest product quality and unmatched pricing, no matter whether you’ve turned to us for rain gutters or windows. In addition, our installers are insured, bonded and are lead-based paint certified to ensure your safety and the safety of others in your home and your neighborhood. Every project we take on is planned with your specific home and situation in mind, and we don’t offer cookie-cutter products or services. We custom order all materials and cut and shape your products on site when possible to make sure your home gets a perfect fit. So how may we serve you? We have a long history of satisfying people like you, and we look forward to serving you right away. Why not give us a call now — or fill out our online form for a free estimate? We’re a company you can trust, and we sincerely want your business.

Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, Check