Turner Electric

Founded 1978 • With Angi since March 2007

8258 Chapin Rd

Fort Worth, TX 76116

Turner Electric is family owned and operated and was started in 1978 by Jim Turner and joined later by his son Bret Turner both licensed and insured electricians. As a professional electrical contractor we provide installation's that are second to none, use only top quality equipment and all our

12/19/2018

Sylvia H.

I am very pleased with Turner Electric's work. The work was done professionally and the price was right. Turner is of now my "go to" electrician.

Description of Work
Installed 3 GFCI's, reinstalled fan in bedroom, and installed an electric charge station for a plug in hybrid car.

03/05/2018

sarah C.

Bret was super personable and informative about what needed to be done. He also took time to answer questions about some electrical concerns I had and how we can address them in the future. Out home is older and I was concerned about finding someone who wouldn't be intimidated by something outdated. Bret was familiar with our older set up and addressed the issue after figuring out the problems. It was super affordable and he came out when he said he would. The previous attempts at getting highly rated electricians out to help with the outlet were disappointing with no return phone calls or emails.

Description of Work
needed outlet grounded

12/20/2017

Josh A.

Job was done super quick, only took em a couple of hours. Also had them check a light fixture that shocked me when changing a light bulb. They repaired it no problem! Thanks!

Description of Work
Needed a switch relocated in a bedroom

07/10/2017

Tamara S.

I contacted Turner Electric regarding a needed repair. The gentleman I spoke with on the phone was professional and helpful and was honest about what he thought was the best course of action for our problem which ended up being something outside the scope of an electrician. He offered great advice that prevented us from wasting money & I would not hesitate to call them back if and when we need an electrician in the future.

Description of Work
Attic exhaust fan repair

05/30/2017

Ann M.

Everything was done to specification in the time estimated.

Description of Work
Replacement and addition of exterior light fixtures.

05/30/2017

Ann M.

Everything was done to my satisfaction. They even came back at a later date to replace a fixture that was discovered to be broken when it was removed from the box.

Description of Work
Replaced a series out outdoor lights.

05/21/2017

Shawn M.

I'm very satisfied and they would be my 1st call for any furture electical work.

Description of Work
New Breaker Box & Upgrade to 200 amp service

04/25/2017

Dan D.

I am completely satisfied with all of the work that was done. The price charged was very reasonable and was actually less that the estimate that was quoted over the phone. I will defiantly use Turner Electric again for any electrical work I need done in my house.

Description of Work
I had three ceiling fans which were not wired properly and a 4th with a light kit that had stopped working. Turner Electric added wiring between the wall fan/light switches and the fans so all three are now wired correctly for separate fan and light control. They also corrected a wiring issue in the 4th fan to get the light working again.

04/25/2017

Claire H.

Arrived on time and quickly got the job done. Very friendly and personable.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fan and replaced garbage disposal switch.

03/15/2017

Nita T.

We love, love, love the Turners! Great work, great cost to value and they did everything on time, no surprises and friendly! We would recommend them to anyone and we'll have them back! Thanks Jim, for a great job!

Description of Work
New EVERYTHING - circuits, breaker box, outlets - inside and out.

12/13/2016

Kay W.

They came in when they said they would, they did the job and it was good. Professional and nice.

Description of Work
I used Turner Electric for electrical service. They installed some power strips and lights under my cabinets and in the bathroom some over head lights.

11/09/2016

Xuan Vinh N.

I called on Wednesday and spoke with Bret I believe. After taking down all of my information he said that I should receive a call back on Friday to see if they even came to the city I live in. I think that's kind of ridiculous

Description of Work
Electrical panel replacement

10/10/2016

Nola H.

They do a great job and I feel safe with their work.

Description of Work
They are my go to guys for any electrical work. They have done it all from replacing plugs etc to installing new lines for new appliances.

09/26/2016

David F.

Great! Bill, Skylar, and Todd worked hard all day dealing with several challenges from it being an old home and mediocre DIY electrical work for the past 50+ years.

Description of Work
New panel, 2x GFCIs (replacement) in kitchen, 1x GFCI installation (new) in master bath, and brought the guest bath up to code.

07/22/2016

Michael A.

They were prompt and thorough. The showed me a couple of things that I needed to fix in our subpanel, and made sure I did them right before they left. They were able to perform the expected work quickly and competently. Will definitely use them again if I need help.

Description of Work
Needed the circuit to our dryer replaced to switch it from 3 phase to single phase.

11/19/2015

John O.

Turner Electric had so many rave reviews that I did not hesitate to call them. They are the BEST!!! Professional, knowledgeable, extremely polite, prompt, reasonable in price. I regret not having reviewed them previously. Call them and you will be glad.

Description of Work
Extensive electrical work both in the house and in the yard. Commercial quality tree lights near the street, as well as security lights on the garage were replaced with much better quality. Broken bulb in outdoor pole light was removed. Bad fuse in the sprinkler system was replaced. Low voltage lighting outdoors was repaired. Closet lights were installed or replaced. We found Turner Electric a few years ago and would never call another company. I regret now having reviewed them sooner.

07/27/2015

Shawn M.

They were punctual, worked quickly and did a quality job.

Description of Work
Wired a wall mounded light and changed an indoor digital timer that controls an outdoor security light.

07/15/2015

Bernie H.

Ive used this company before and they did a great job, but to this day, I have not received an estimate, call or anything. I

Description of Work
Came to assess what I wanted. After explaining what I wanted done, he seemed to be interested in giving me an estimate. He left, saying he would write up an estimate and send it to me.

Category electrician

Sorry about that Mr.[Member name removed] I did visit the property and was interested in the work. After I left your property I had several customers that lost all power, a.c. or partial power and have been overwhelmed trying to resolve there issues. Certainly wasn't personal I just forgot with everything going on. I did get the prices to do your job I just forgot to give those prices to you. Sorry it didn't work out.

04/23/2015

Joy S.

This company is honest as the day is long. I am planning on hiring them for many other projects I have around the home.

Description of Work
This was the first project of many that they have done for us. When we purchased this home all of our outlets were installed upside down, they went around and corrected all of these.

04/15/2015

Joy S.

it was a multi-day job ... and it's beautiful! they were professional, personable, efficient and honest! it was a pleasure to have them around.

Description of Work
complete installation of new breaker box. installed new conduit for wiring on roof and anchored it securely to roof.

01/07/2015

Robbie S.

I called in to ask about servicing my problem with the disposal outlet in my kitchen. Bret the owner walked me through some troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem. If I have any actual electrical problems in the future I will be sure to have this company do the service.

01/05/2015

Clark M.

They did a great job. The under-cabinet LED lights were an inconsistent color but they came back and replaced everything at no additional cost.

Description of Work
Installed kitchen lighting and under cabinet lighting in an old home.

12/19/2014

SALLY M.

Bret Turner came out on the Friday before Christmas to install a new outside outlet so we could have Christmas light decorations. He is knowledgeable and helpful and we will definitely use his services again. We very much appreciate his prompt service - we called him that morning and the service was performed in the early afternoon.

Description of Work
Replaced an outside electrical outlet.

08/18/2014

donna M.

During the night a tree limb had fallen onto the line from the pole to our house. The meter and all the other wires were torn from the wall of the house. After calling Encore to disconnect the electricity, I called Turner Electric and Bret came out that afternoon. He gave me an estimate and got the work permit from the city. They started work the next morning. We had to leave for an appointment just as they arrived. They worked all day & I really appreciate them taking the time from their busy schedule. Bret called the city inspector and he came out the next morning. Encore turned on the electricity that afternoon. He gave us a detailed summmary for the insurance company. A week later Bret and Eric came back and labeled the breaker box. They also replaced a couple of outlets and switches for us at no charge. Our insurance paid the full amount minus our deductible.

Description of Work
They cut up the limb and took it to the street at no charge. Replaced the meter, breaker box and all of the other things that needed replacing. Put in a ground rod ,etc. To bring the house up to code they also had to install three smoke detectors, one carbon/smoke detector and two GFCIs.

08/01/2014

James W.

My experience with Turner Electric was very positive. Bret and his brother, Eric I think, showed up on time and called when they were on the way. I needed a new bath exhaust fan installed and a gfci moved, but after checking my setup, Bret informed me that the current gfci wasn't wired the way it was supposed to be. They ended up installing a new breaker for the outlet, as well as installing the fan. They also told me about some other areas that might need some attention in the future. Even with the additional work the price was what I expected, so I feel like I got a good deal. They were very professional and friendly, and cleaned up when they were done. I would definitely use Turner Electric again.

Description of Work
Installed a new bathroom exhaust fan, removed old one, removed existing gfci outlet, added a new circuit and a new gfci in a new location.

Texas Made Builders

Texas Made Builders is a custom home builder serving the Weatherford to Fort Worth areas. We offer new construction, remodel, remodel-to-sell and purchase-and-sell options. Our homes are designed to combine function and design with careful focus on the end-use experience. Our construction team builds Texas Made Builders with true Texas quality, durability, and integrity. Every home we build is a home we would be happy to live in.

Precision Garage Door of Fort Worth

Precision Garage Door is a full service garage door company. Our trucks are maintained with a full inventory of parts. Which means we are prepared to repair your garage door in a single visit. Same Day Service Evening & Weekend Service Available At No Extra Charge Emergency Service All Work Is Guaranteed Open 7 Days All Major Credit Cards Financing Available

Family Christian Doors

Proud winner of the Super Service Award from 2012-2015 & 2011 Contractor of the year through Angie's List! We have grown so much since Family Christian Doors opened its doors in 2003 and are excited for our continued growth! We provide service, repair and installation on garage doors, operators, gates and gate operators. We offer 24/7 Emergency service on garage door repair. We do not charge a service call for any of your garage door needs.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Electrical Work, Homes Surge Protection, Electrician Remodeling & new construction, recessed lighting, custom design & install under/over cabinet lighting, panel upgrades, meter base repairs, whole house surge protection, service & repairs, storm/lightning repair, code violation correction, custom audio video installation, internal & external lighting, upgrades, install central audio & surround sound systems, hidden/recessed speakers & wall mounted volume