Texas Remodeling Fanatic

7802 Smith St

Fort Worth, TX 76108

05/18/2012

RANDALL B.

After initial work (described above) several workers quit working for Slagle. Although he had received payment in advance for closet doors and a ladder for promised to complete the work, he never returned to the site and no other work was completed. Mr. Slagle apparently was having family issues that profoundly affected his ability to conduct his business.

Description of Work
Requested Closet Conversion & Room Remodeling as well as the installation of a attic access ladder. The closet was converted although no door was installed. ( Task not completed.) Preliminary electrical work was done for room remodeling. ( No other work was done in this area.) Attic access opening was created and related attic work was done. However, no ladder was installed and this task was not completed.

03/30/2011

linda C.

Overall was good. Iseem to have discribed all the details above.This is all my opinion. My wife's opinion is that the work was fine. Also on the Kitchen floor, I expected then to put on a sealer afterword. That was appearantly also not in the bid, but Mike did do it.

Description of Work
Mike is very friendly and good to work with. He'll try to fix your problem. Some of his workmen are not that good. I was not pleased with the quality of the ceramic tile installation. When I asked to have the quarter round put down I was told that that was not in the quote and would cost extra. That was madding to me. I've sence found that others do that also. You have to say that the installation include replacing the molding Some of Mike's workers are exceptionally good. One installed a french door and the job was excellent. Painting is very good. Punctuality is fair. And Mike was always asking for more money on Friday whether finished or not. But he always finishes. I will use him again. I just know now what to expect

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

01/17/2011

RANDALL B.

Electrical, cabinetry, appliance installation,timeliness and neatness were excellent. Limited drywall and paint as well as new bi-fold doors were good. Sink plumbing leaked some what and had to be "cleaned up". [Counter-top work was excellent; some issues with ceramic tile grout.

Description of Work
Remove old counter tops. Refinish Cabinetry (Some in place & some in shop) and prep for granite counter-tops. Rework general lighting as well as accent lighting of work surface and breakfast area. Installed micro-hood with working external ventilator, re-install other kitchen appliances and sink. Installed new bi-fold doors to laundry area and refurbished texture and paint overall. Other subs did ceramic tile and counter-top work. Clean

Category remodeling, home remodeling

12/20/2010

Irene K.

It was pretty neutral, nothing stood out to me. I thought the estimate was a little overrated. They responded to my calls quickly and were on time when they said they would be here.

Description of Work
They came out to provide an estimate for roofing.

08/11/2010

Larry N.

They were unprofessional. He didn't ask all the questions I thought he should be asking.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate on a new roof and some windows.

Category roofing, replacement windows

01/13/2010

Donna K.

They were extremely professional and did a great job. I heard of them, so I went on the list and checked and the information on them there was good. I had them come out and give us a bid and we also had a couple of other bids and we decided to use them. Things went very well with them and I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
We used Slagle Remodeling & Restoration on the 15th of December and we had re-do a wall unit for us.

05/19/2009

linda C.

The workers at Slagle are really good. They are very nice and very helpful. They are very personable, friendly, and punctual. They have great service.

Description of Work
I hired Slagle Remodeling & Restoration for my general home remodeling.

05/16/2009

LES M.

You couldn't ask for a better group of guys. They work well together and more importantly I felt I could trust these guys inside my house.

Description of Work
Mike Slagle (Slagle Restoration & Remodeling) did a variety of projects in order to improve my electric bill (I have electric heat and A/C) and fix some other items at the same time. First they caulked around all the doors and windows (inside and outside), replaced weather stripping around the front door, back door and the door to the upper balcony as well as the large outside garage door. They also are added 20 soffit vents and replacing the rotted wood around three windows. In addition they reset the attic pull down stairs that some HVAC guys messed up and replaced and painted the molding around these stairs. While they were painting they touched up numerous marks on my interior walls. I didn’t have to ask for this, they just did it at no extra charge. One of their guys also fixed the top part of 7 blinds (study & dining room) where the clips were deteriorating. No extra charge for this either.

Category insulation

01/08/2009

SHAWN W.

They did the work and did an OK job. They told me they charged $25.00 per hour each person and I said "well I am only going to pay $15.00 per hour each person." They said they could do it for that but then they started fighting amongst themselves on why they took the lower bid. On the third day of the job the young man who is one of the owners of the company, finished the job. It was kind of a weird experience. They were nice but I never had to handle things like this before. I didn't feel they were professional in regards to their internal fighting.

Description of Work
Painting on exterior trim, dug drainage ditch around my AC unit out side and installed a window air conditioner.

Category excavators, handyman service, house painters

12/18/2008

John W.

He did great! He did a great job. He came out and looked at the job, then provided me with a written estimate. He went over the estimate when he did the work, but that was OK because he did a few extra things here and there. He was timely. He was done in a day and a half.

Description of Work
He did some baseboard and crown molding work for me.

Category woodworking

09/14/2008

vicki L.

We have been in the house about 2 1/2 years and had a large crack form in kitchen ceiling. After having foundation people, a structural engineer, 2 different plumbers and finally a home inspector come in over in a two year period-the inspector determined that our main problem is drainage & that in turn had made the house settle which made the beams in the attic crack & break. He suggested we join Angie's list to find people to correct our problems. We are in the process of getting a french drain put in on side of the house in the next week and I called Mr. Slage after looking at the list. I emailed him my inspection report with pictures of the attic beams & he called me shortly thereafter. He came up last Wednesday morning & they started working and finished in the same day. They were thorough & explained what they were doing & took proper steps to keep other areas of kitchen clean. I did have to leave for a couple of hours but did feel comfortable leaving them here. I would definitely use them again and will recommend them to other people.

Description of Work
Removed & replaced 3 roof jacks, repaired 2 roof jacks, patched ceiling and shot acoustic

03/26/2008

MARY FRANCIS W.

Mike and his crew were wonderful. Mike called me within fifteen minutes of leaving a message, came out the next day (even called to confirm the appointment) and began work within two days. Eric, Robert, Doug and Bill were clean, proficient and extremely friendly. We have had difficulties finding reliable people in the past. We were very happy with his work.

Description of Work
We had a wide variety of things done (replacement of wood trim around exterior windows, painting, caulking, attic insulation, radiant barrier, attic flooring, refinishing of front door, and bathroom re-grouting).

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, insulation, house painters, doors

11/08/2007

Lynn W.

It was great- Mike is competent, has a good crew and is very attentive to detail. He also does a good job keeping the owner informed on a daily basis. He and his crew came up with good ideas for improving on what I wanted.

Description of Work
Mike and crew built 2 separate cabinets for my kitchen.

Category custom cabinets

11/08/2007

Lynn W.

I hired Mike because he was so easy to work with and consistently did what he said he'd do. The house is a historical and he and his crew patiently cut the opening, removed trash, kept as much of the original wood work as possible, rebuilt it with extra support, and fixed and added new drywall.

Description of Work
Mike took out a support wall between 2 bedrooms to make a suite.

Category drywall

08/29/2007

Michelle D.

Mike is very creative in designing spaces and finding solutions to design nightmares. The entire project went very smoothly and surpassed my expectations. My Kitchen looks like a model home. The living area is perfect and the garage is neat and organized. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my home, after Mike got through with everything. I still take a deep sigh every time I walk into the space.

Description of Work
Mike and his crew remodeled my kitchen. They removed the wallpaper and counter tops. They painted the walls and replaced the sink with stainless steel. They replaced the counter tops with granite and the back splash the tumbled tile. Mike designed a very unique pattern for the backsplash and it is absolutely beautiful. They also painted a radius wall and built a bookcase in a opening that formally held a TV. They then installed a plasma TV onto the bookcase and ran the sound system into the ceiling. In my garage, they installed cabinets, painted the walls and the floor.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, marble & granite, interior painters

08/29/2007

Michelle D.

The job was completed in the time that was promised. The guys cleaned everything up and restored everything back where it was before starting. I told the guys that they did not have to clean up, that I would do it and the told me that Mike would never allow that! So, not only do my floors look unbelievable, but everything is CLEAN!

Description of Work
Mike orchestrated the removal of existing floors and oversaw the installation of hardwoods in 3 rooms and tile in the kitchen. The work was done as promised and the results is outstanding. Mike always goes above and beyond what is expected. The work of his team and contractors is excellent. I would highly recommend Mike for any remolding or building project that you might me considering.

Category hardwood floor

12/15/2006

DILLARD S.

We love this guy. He does good work at a fair price, he conveys an immediate sense that he knows what he's doing, he's conscious of the fact that our funds are limited, his attention to detail and commitment to making sure we're happy is outstanding, and we have no qualms about giving him the run of the house when we're not there. He knows a lot of other tradesmen whom he'll be happy to refer you to. I, in turn, recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
Mike has painted every ceiling in the house, four bedrooms, the living room and the kitchen. He's coordinated the construction and installation of two double-sided bookcases that went where some windows had been between the living room and an added-on sunroom.

Category contractors, interior painters