Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2008

4.4

8112 White Settlement Rd

Fort Worth, TX 76108

We believe a solid repair plan blends science, creativity and business sense. Pure science overlooks the need for creativity. Too much creativity ignores the need for careful scientific deliberation. Failure to pay enough attention to the business aspects of a project can drive costs up. Using a

09/05/2019

Debra M.

It is a beautiful job and it is a way beyond what we thought it was look like. The workers were unbelieveable. They were on time, cleaned up all their mess, and the work was really good.

Description of Work
They re-did our retaining wall in our backyard and a new staircase in a patio.

09/05/2019

Mandy M.

Great. They cleaned up after themselves and they repaired the beems all around the house and they wwere very friendly and clean.

Description of Work
They repaired the foundation all around the house.

06/16/2019

Janice K.

Jayson came out and we did a walk-around, which me elucidating my main areas of concern and what I hoped could be done to alleviate them. Within a day or two, Jayson sent me a computer-generated drawing of my property/buildings with a clear plan depicting what he suggested that I get done. I had at least four other estimates from other companies, all with their own plan. I chose Straight Line because their plan made the most sense for my issues. The work was on the schedule quickly, and Arlen was here with the work crew for two full days getting all the work done. I am thoroughly pleased!! We had several hours worth of rain last night, and the areas that would normally have standing water are completely drained!! What a pleasure to see the difference!! The job was done quickly, professionally and along the way, Arlen made suggestions that further improved the project at no cost to me! WOW! The work crew put in long days, and when completed, all obvious signs of the work (lunch bags, old pieces of drainage pipe, etc.) were removed and all my yard rocks replaced. I could not possibly be more pleased!! Such a great job for a very fair price! I would most highly recommend Straight Line for drainage issues, even though foundation repair is their forte. By correcting my drainage now, I am rather hoping that I won't need any foundation repair! :)

Description of Work
Several areas around my house and shed flooded with each hard rain, and eventually water was coming into my house!

05/25/2016

Kevin J.

Straight Line Foundation crew was poorly supervised concerning pre-existing landscaping. I visited the property during repairs and the mature 4 foot boxwoods they had removed were laying out on the driveway in the sun. Likewise, no effort had been made to retain any of the root balls of the plants. In spite of wrapping them in wet towels, and adding root simulator to the soil after replacement, there was no way any of them would survive. In fact, all of them died. Largest boxwoods I could find as replacements were $40 each, and will still take several years to fill in. I am listing the home this summer, and the hedges look ridiculous. Either 5 minutes of effort on the part of SL crews, or the indication they would kill the plants, and I could have proactively removed them beforehand and prevented the issue. Also, the firm buried numerous sprinkler heads near the foundation, which the homeowner must attempt to locate and address. A properly trained and supervised crew should be cognizant not bury sprinkler heads. At the least, they could have marked the locations. Overall, a disappointing result. I would strongly recommend choosing a different foundation company if your property contains even a minimal amount of landscaping.

Description of Work
Added piers to a slab residential property.

01/15/2016

Paul S.

Description of Work
John Ritter went beyond what was expected and rearranged his schedule to perform |the work within our very tight tight frame. |Also was very giving of his time in explaining concepts and methods. Very pleased with experience.

11/04/2015

Devon S.

Description of Work
Date of service 10/2015. Cost $8000. Foundation repair.

05/26/2015

Corinne V.

Gave them above. I cannot give you further details. They promised a bid. NEVER SENT A BID. NEVER CAME OUT AGAIN. NOT RELIABLE. NO INTEGRITY.

Description of Work
Came to look at my drainage problem. Never contacted me with a bid as promised.

04/30/2015

Kristi L.

Description of Work
I was told that they would dig out the tree stumps. They did not. I am having to go back and buy fill dirt to complete the filling of the holes left. Two holes were left completely open. The group who worked my job told me I had a leak in my plumbing and gave me the number of the plumbing service I needed to use. I had two non-affiliated plumbers declare that I did not have a leak.

01/17/2015

Joyce A.

He recommended a structural engineer. He came out to give us a big according to the structural engine report. He was very prompt, and called and checked in to make sure his bid was the best.

Description of Work
I was needing foundation repair.

07/02/2014

Janet L.

Rep came to home and made recommendations for improvements to shifting foundation repair made appt and crew arrived promptly and complected job in one pay. Cleaned up was outstanding.

Description of Work
12 piers supported house which is showing signs of movement on foundation were reinforced. required pigging peep around foundation and adding support.

08/19/2012

Steve D.

Had estimate done, work performed, damage electric supply to home, 6 month foundation fix failed, called and took months to get on site response, threw so dirt around and said to add gutters. Added gutters and foundation still not stable.

Description of Work
Add addition piers to back of home and adjust piers form previous foundation company. 6 months later foundation needed more adjusting, but took months to come out and check, then throw a little dirt around and said add gutters.

06/17/2012

Michael R.

The first time I practically had to beg them to come out and work on my house, but eventually they agreed. I know it's probably a small job for them, but they're the ones who issued a warranty of the foundation so they should expect to be the first responders when I have a problem. The second time I left many messages. I called them and e-mailed them. They have refused to acknowledge my request. So I paid another company that would come to my house a lot of money to repair the entire foundation instead. Ultimately, there's probably nothing wrong with the work they did on my house. But I view their warranty as worthless because they wouldn't even take my calls. To add insult to injury, a few months ago after a major hail storm, they called me to offer to inspect my roof for damage. I declined.

Description of Work
I've had two encounters with Straight Line. The previous owner hired Straight Line to perform extensive foundation repair on my 1940s pier and beam house in 2007. At some point around February or March 2010 I called them to look at the house because my front door was no longer functional. They did and agreed to repair it for $800. It wasn't covered under the warranty because no piers had been installed under that part of the foundation. However, about a year later, my door was again non-functional due to shifting. And I tried to contact them to come and look at it again.

12/14/2011

Peter S.

They did what they said they would and got in and got out.

Description of Work
Foundation Repairs fixed our foundation line.

11/15/2011

Pam T.

Estimator thoroughly explained the process and was happy to answer any and all questions. Price was very competitive, but we ultimately decided to go with a different company.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate on foundation repair for our 30-year-old house. Recommended piers were needed only for the front half of house.

01/27/2011

MICHAEL D.

Very easy to work with, and talk to. Can barely tell they were there. This is a rehab house.

Description of Work
Installed ten piers on a two story home, about 2000 sf.

01/12/2011

VERN G.

It was a good experience. It was a rushed period of time but they did get involved pretty quickly. Their pricing was fair. My only complaint was that they mixed up some concrete in the yard and messed it up a little bit. I didn't really notice it until they were finished. Overall I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems to do some pier and beam work.

10/29/2010

MICHAEL W.

His estimate was higher than the others. I needed 5 piers and he said I needed 10. He gave me a quote that was a $1,000 more than I paid.

Description of Work
I received an estimate

Category foundation repair

Our company keeps a record of every appointment we go to. According to our information we went out to this customer's home on Sept. 20th, 2010 at 1pm as scheduled and the customer was not there. Our rep called the customer's contact number and could hear the phone ringing inside the house. He left a message for customer to let him know we were at the house. Our rep left his card on the door and left. We did not hear from this customer again. I think the member may have us confused with another company. According to our records we never did an evaluation on this property. The person that called to schedule the appointment was someone with different first name. I would hope that if he see's Straight Line's response to this report that he would retract this statement. Thank you, Jamie Herriott (managing member of Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage, LLC)

09/01/2010

CARLA F.

They came out promptly after phone call. Explained in detail what it appeared needed to be done. Explained in detail what would be required to repair the foundation and the piers and beams. We received the estimate within 48 hours, which included all under house work, pier installation and creation of drainage system to remove standing water from foundation. They were extremely cooperative in setting up payment plan, they estimated two days to complete the work. The work crew and forman arrived on time to do the work, were courteous, professional, cleaned up after themselves and left our back yard looking better than when they arrived. They kept my husband informed before, during, and after the performance of the work. I would recommend they be used and would use them again myself.

Description of Work
They added support under the water heater, cement piers around a cement slab porch, replaced and laminated three major support beams and leveled the floor. They also repaired the existing piers and added a drainage system outside the south wall.

Category irrigation systems, drain pipe, foundation repair

03/29/2010

Karen M.

Everything went very well. I was somewhat unhappy because I was not aware that they were going to use a particular pipe, but by the time I got home they were halfway done. However, we have had horrendous downpours in the past few months and the drainage system is working well, so they may have used that material for a reason. I have been happy with the system and would use them again.

Description of Work
The installed our irrigation system.

Category irrigation systems, drain pipe, foundation repair

08/21/2008

Beth N.

The entire process from estimate to installation was great - they came in and completed the drain installation quickly. The drain was installed in 1 day and they were great about the grass - they actually dug deep enough to be able to roll it and then replaced it once the pipe was in the ground - and it survived the process! With all the recent rain, we have been most grateful this has already been completed!

Description of Work
We had Straight Line come out in May to correct some drainage issues in our backyard. Installed 4 to 5 drain boxes along with the piping that went through to the street.

Category drain pipe

Advantage Drainage

What sets Advantage Drainage apart? We solely provide drain service and have made it our specialty for the last 37+ years. Drainage is an unregulated business, this means that anyone— landscapers, plumbers, or sprinkler companies— can put a pipe in the ground and call it drainage. This becomes risky for the consumer. However, Advantage Drainage customers throughout Dallas and Fort Worth, know that our drain solutions stand apart as time-tested and proven. A large percentage of our business consists of redoing drainage work attempted by landscapers and sprinkler companies. Save yourself time, money, and frustration by contacting our team of experts to do the job right the first time. Advantage Drainage solutions integrate multiple layers of protection to stop flooding now and in the future. We have the specialized tools and equipment to deal with North Texas soils. We can access hard to reach areas— below ground level, preconstruction sites, underneath landscapes or buildings— to stop basement flooding, standing water, blocked drainage, etc., at its source. Our combination of experience, ingenuity, and specialized training cannot be beat. Let Advantage Drainage help you today! Please provide your phone number and address in the message center for the fastest response. Thank you!

Rives Landscaping Services

My name is Coalby Rives and my company is Rives Landscaping Services. It is a new and local service that offers irrigation, lawn maintenance, tree trimming, and landscaping. I take extreme pride in our work and want to make every customer satisfied with my services. I am a licensed irrigation technician with 5 years of irrigation and landscaping experience.

Enhanced Turf Inc

Enhanced Turf, Inc is owner/operated by Texas Licensed Irrigator #9037. Our goal is to countiously provide the customers with water saving principles and cost reducing techiniques that we have achieved through years of experience in the field.

2022 Super Service Award

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems

How is Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems overall rated?

Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

What days are Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems open?

Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems is open:

Sunday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

What payment options does Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems provide

Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Does Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems offer free estimates?

Yes, Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems offers free project estimates.

Does Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems offer a senior discount?

No, Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems?

Yes, Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems offers warranties.

What services does Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems offer?

Straight Line Foundation Repair & Drainage Systems offers the following services: Install pressed concrete piers, steel piers, drilled piers, structural retaining walls, surface drains, French drains, channel drains, site grading, new concrete or pier and beam additions. Retaining walls. Specialize in stabilizing all types of foundations, slabs, pier and beams, and retaining walls. residential & commercial.