Purple Care

Founded 1993 • With Angi since March 2013

12121 Eagle Mountain Dam Rd

Fort Worth, TX 76135

Purple Care services the Fort Worth metroplex. Purple Care has been creating healthy and beautiful yards for 24 years. Our reputation for quality yard services has made us a leader in the area and it is our goal to maintain our commitment to excellence, honesty & service. License: #0351466....

05/24/2022

John R.

Horrible to work with. They billed over $500 and cannot provide an invoice showing what they are billing for, nor was the issue fixed or were they able to find the problem. Apparently their business is to find ways to bill you for as long as they can since they charged per hour. I’d run as fast as I could from this company.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system

Category irrigation systems

04/26/2022

Actavia H.

I original hired them to redo my flowers for the summer… they were supposed to plant a total of 9 plants and re-mulch my yard… they came out a total of 3 times the first crew planted 3 plants and re mulched and advised their boss would bring the other plants… the boss came out and planted three additional plants on the service they weren’t completely in ground… they proceeded to send him out a 3rd time with the missing 3 plants and to fix the other ones previously planted and still didn’t do it properly… I called and was advised they would send him back out again on today to fix it… I received an email this morning advising they will not be fixing the job that they completed horribly… this company is a scam and is over priced to offer such terrible service

Description of Work
Flowerbed redo

Category landscaping,mulch

05/08/2020

Jessica N.

We are extremely disappointed and unhappy with our service. The salesperson who initially marketed the service promised 50% off the initial application ($50), a free 30-day follow-up, and a subsequent fee of $90 per quarter (90 day) service. We were not given a contract/receipt of the agreement, only a verbal offer. After the 30-day follow-up, we received a $90 charge. When we asked about this deception, we were told "sorry," with no offer to make things better or to honor their original agreement. Subsequent to this exchange, although we were told we could terminate services at any time with no penalty, we now are being told we need to pay the full price of the initial application ($200) if we choose to cancel before the 3rd application (which would have been another $200). At minimum, we have lost confidence in Purple Care for their deceitful practices. We are disappointed that they made promises to us on 2 occasions that were not honored, and we believe their promises are akin to a scam.

Description of Work
pest control

Category pest control

We regret to hear that you are unhappy and feel this way. We do want to confirm that our service agreements are not a scam. They are straight forward and very descriptive. Because it is an agreement between two parties for service, we send you a purchase confirmation and copy of your service agreement when you sign up. This agreement has a chart that displays the months that services are performed and the price of each service. We review this with you and state the terms of service for receiving an initial discount. "When you receive your first service at a discounted price and cancel before your 3rd service, you will be charged the full initial service price listed on your agreement." This is a term to ensure that we are not being taken advantage of and the same for you. You signed this documentation in agreement with prices and terms. We do appreciate your feedback. However, we feel that this is more of a financial concern for you since you mentioned that you are happy with the actual service. If you have any issues with the services being performed, please let us know and we are more than happy to assist you.

12/09/2019

Mandy C.

I have a beautiful lawn thanks to Purple Care. They installed my sod in 2017. I have been using their lawn treatments and pest control. I have been very pleased with them!

Description of Work
I needed sod for my new home. Now I receive pest control and lawn treatments.

Category pest control,lawn service,lawn treatment

We are very happy you love your lawn and your house is pest free. Many thanks for the A review.

12/09/2019

Autumn P.

Had a really bad sticker problem. I reached out to Purple Care to take care of this for me and I have not seen any since!

Description of Work
Lawn was full of stickers- needed them gone

Category lawn treatment

Glad the Stickers are gone! We truly appreciate the A review.

10/03/2019

Susan H.

We have been on treatments over a year now and my lawn is weed free and still lush green. Definitely would recommend to anyone that cares about the lawn color and health!

Description of Work
Weed Control and Fert.

Category lawn treatment

Thanks for the kind words and thank for the loyalty. We appreciate your feedback and you business.

09/08/2019

judy T.

This is a rental property and my renter was very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Yard clean up: pick up brush and cut back tree limbs.

Category lawn service,tree service

Thanks for the kind words and the review. We are glad we made your renter happy!

09/05/2019

Charles O.

Extreme lawn care started my service a couple of years ago. I’ve been fairly happy with their services until 8/22/19. On this day the tech left a bill on the front door but never serviced my property. I have a video Surveillance system and I see the tech place the bill on the front door but I never see him in the yard. The office manager said that video surveillance systems miss picking up their activity all the time! How is that possible? It picks up everyone else! They refused to send another tech out to treat my lawn. They refused to issue a refund but agreed quickly to cancel my service. Purple Care places minimal value on retaining customers.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizer

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

As he states we have done a good job and he has been happy with our service for a couple of years. You would think this would be an excellent way to build trust as his lawn looks good and to date, he has never (not once) made a complaint of any kind. Why not trust us now with a perfect service record over a couple of years? Why our technician would leave a "leave behind" and not treat the lawn is absurd. There are even notes in our system that the technician wrote that he could only write if he was in the yard. Our technicians know we will do retreats if needed and it is more work for them to drive all the way back and do it again, so they do their best to do it correctly the first time. We have tested 10 different doorbell cameras, thanks to some of our great clients and guess what.... they sometimes fail or don't pick up everything. The proof is in the pudding as they say... if the lawn looks good, we must be doing something to it. It's sad this customer believed a $40 piece of equipment over a human being who has gone flawless for the past few years on this property.

07/13/2019

Stephanie N.

Horribly, The worst customer service once they got rid of a few good employees that I trusted. They are now over-bidding, not backing their work and could care less if they lose $5,000 in business. Wanted to charge me to put two poles into cement on our gate and reattach an existing gate $550 +. They replaced a 40' plus fence for $1200. Ridiculous pricing. I was about to sign off on them to do about $5,000 of work around my pool and I am so glad I found more reliable, more cost conscious and better customer service related company. Stay away and save your money!

Description of Work
Fence repairs on a fence they installed and used too short nails and $5000 in landscpaing

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,mulch,tree service,outdoor lighting

Our customer service department has not changed since this client signed up for services. What did change was her sales rep, who left at the beginning of the year on good terms. This client is trying to manipulate her way to receive free services. We installed a section of fence this past April and the client had no complaints or concerns with this work. In June there was a bad storm that rolled through the area and many fences, trees, and roofs in the neighborhood had received storm damage. Damage was done to the fence that was installed in April. Client called in and asked for us to come out and repair the damage. We gave her a bid for repair and she had also asked for a bid to remodel the back yard around her pool to include stonework and bringing in additional soil. She got upset because the storm damage was not "warranted". She threatened us stating that she was going to leave this review if we did not do the work for free. We do not negotiate with threats, we were okay with no longer doing business with this client.

06/28/2019

Joseph T.

Here is one thing that i dont understand. They told me the don't do bi weekly mowing for some reason. Then another was that their schedule doesn't allow it. I wasn't asking for a lot. Simple bi weekly schedule during the summer as grass doesn't grow as quickly, but that was apparently the one request that couldn't be fulfilled. The mowers were lowering the trim height to the lowest they can go in order to keep justifying the trim. In the end they were just going over the lawn and it wasn't worth the weekly cost as i couldn't tell if they did anything. I really hated their logic and reasoning which was "reasons". So I wouldnt trust them because they will tell you that you are getting the best service, but in reality they are trying to get every last dollar from you without a good reason. I was paying well over 200 bucks a month because of the weekly mows and they could care less what i wanted because it was outrageous to request a bi weekly mow. Definitely do not recommend

Description of Work
Lawn Care & Fertilizer treatment

Category lawn service

This is simple logic. Why anyone with a reasonable amount of common sense would walk into McDonalds restaurant, order a 12 ounce Filet mignon and then get mad when they say "I'm sorry sir we don't offer that", is beyond me. This individual called (we have the entire phone call recorded) and asked for biweekly mowing, we politely told him we do not do biweekly mowing only and he then ordered weekly service. We made a business decision to not mow biweekly only years ago. We start and end each season biweekly and them mow weekly during the growing season. He then agrees to our mowing schedule and calls in and is less than honest to our receptionist and says he ordered biweekly mowing only, even though we don't offer that. We offered to either keep him on our schedule or cancel services so he could find another company. He then took the time to write this review. There are hundreds of lawn care companies in DFW, why not just call the next company on the list that is happy to accommodate your request. Some people just love to complain....as a man I would be embarrassed to write this review.

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

Creative Nightscapes Outdoor Lighting

We are a full service outdoor lighting company. We specialize in the design and installation of LED outdoor lighting for homes, landscape, arbors, trees, fountains. We also convert high voltage lights to LED to save money on lamp replacement and electrical cost.

Offers by Creative Nightscapes Outdoor Lighting on Angi
    MV Custom Stone

Fire pits, flower beds, patios, walk ways and more.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Professional lawn mowing, landscaping, fertilization & weed control, tree care, irrigation repair, shrub & hedge trimming, flower bed maintenance, top dressing, sod installation, seasonal color, fall leaf removal & spring yard cleanup, winter rye & over seeding, lawn aeration, grub control, pest & fire ant control, mole control & pooper scooper.