Lon Smith Roofing

Founded 1974 • With Angi since January 2004

Additional DBAs - A-1 Smith Roofing, Lon Smith Roofing & Construction. Additional fax - (888) 829-2345. Additional email - info@lonsmith.com....

A Service Provider's profile image

+1 more images

roofing (535)gutter repair (86)chimney cap repair (25)window replacement (5)

09/01/2022

George E.

Lon Smith was extremely helpful. They were attentive to our project and completed it efficiently and effectively. Chris was fantastic and very responsive to our questions. We highly recommend Lon Smith roofing!

Description of Work
New roof because of hail storm

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/16/2022

Hi, [Member Name Removed]. Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience. We truly appreciate it!

07/21/2022

Russ R.

We love our new roof! Our first contact with Lon Smith was with Bart Slack, the representative that talked with us, inspected our property and gave us information confirming a need to get our insurance carrier involved. When the project started, everyone from the inspector, the crew leader, and all the crew members were very accommodating and accessible to answer questions and keep us updated on the progress of the job. Cleanup was ongoing throughout the project and they left our property in perfect condition. We couldn’t be more pleased with our experience with Lon Smith Roofing, and the professionals that helped us.

Description of Work
Roof replacement and gutters

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

06/02/2022

Jaime B.

TL,DR: Lon Smith Roofing (LSR) was through in their inspection, assigning of contractors and quality control. I hope you have the same experience when you hire them. Also be careful to put the correct address when sending payment via USPS mail. They are on E. Waggoman St not the opposite. Lon Smith roofing came recommended to me by my mother-in-law and I don’t regret the decision of hiring them to install a much needed new roof. The process was long as I wanted to have this service completed when my time and money were right. I was assigned Bart S.when I was referred in July of 2021. He guided me through the following; the preliminary process of a roof inspection, helping me select an option that was more affordable and practical then what I wanted, the selection of a roofing shingle color that would match my neighborhood, preparing approval for the Home Owners Association and how to properly starting the insurance claim. I waited a few months after our first meeting for the right time in my schedule as well as waiting for the approval of an unresponsive Home Owners Association (HOA) by the name of Wind Ridge Estates under the management of Goodwin & Co. Around October of 2021, I decided to proceed with the next step as I was not going to wait any longer for my HOA and their management company to respond. Twice was enough and so I scheduled an appointment with my insurance company claims adjuster. Their findings were exactly the same as Lon Smith Roofing and very quickly approved to pay for a new roof. Note that Bart S. was armed with pictures of damage from the roof and other evidence in case they said no. The approval process was also made simple by my insurance company and construction could begin. I was called by the LSR office to schedule an install and we decided on December of 2021. They worked around my schedule and were able to send the contractors on a day I could be home to receive materials. They were respectful about the Christmas and New Year holidays and didn’t leave materials in the way of my driveway for long in case I had company. LSR instructs all of its contractors to take the time to protect and cover the areas they will be removing roofing material and nailing. They used tarps that stretched all around my home in the front, back and side yards. The contractors even took a large piece of foam cushion and covered the compressor of my air conditioner. Although the contracts LSR signs leaves LSR harmless to damage during the installation of a new roof they still take responsibility of ensuring to not deliberately damage items around my home. The precautions taken caught most of the material removed.The process took from 7AM to 4PM, an entire day of work with a large team of 6. Around 1PM half of the team left to another job, still the work was done with quality. I was greeted by a project inspector of LSR around 2PM just 2 hours before the job finished and he walked me around the property ensuring I was happy with the quality of work. I was embarrassed that I didn’t pick up all of the dog poop before so while they were cleaning up I did that quickly. They also cleaned up very well by walking around the entire house with large magnets to ensure all nails were retrieved. The payment process was tricky but LSR was very understanding as I had to have my mortgage company sign the first of two insurance checks. It was a pain especially since it took months for my mortgage company to endorse my check. I did mess up after I received the check and sent it to LSR on W. Waggomon St. instead of the correct E. Waggomon St. Special thank to the Ft. Worth Post Office for helping me correct my error. My roof looks amazing especially since the old one was original to the home. I do highly recommend Lon Smith Roofing as the process was made simple especially during a pandemic.

Description of Work
Installing a new roof

Category roofing, chimney caps

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

Review for Lon Smith Roofing - 904 E Waggoman St, Fort Worth, TX - 39753608

Hi, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the kind words and are glad we could provide you with a positive experience!

01/12/2022

Dan D.

A few weeks ago, I posted a review here, listing several concerns with the installation of my new roof and gutters. Today, I am glad to report that Lon Smith Roofing resolved the issues to our satisfaction. Thank you for your professionalism!

Description of Work
New roof/Gutters replaced due to hail damage

Work Completed On 01/12/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We're glad we were able to get everything successfully resolved. We hope you enjoy your new roof.

08/21/2021

Michael O.

If you’ve lived in North Texas long, you’ve probably had your roof repaired or replaced, usually due to hail and/or high winds. I’ve had at least 4 roofs in 2 different houses the best I can recall. In Texas, roofing companies are not licensed like plumbers and electricians. So due diligence is recommended when you need a roofing company. The first thing I did was call my insurance agent. She gave me a list of 3 or 4 that she has had experience with and so the search begins. I ended up with Lon Smith Roofing in Fort Worth for several reasons. First and perhaps foremost, they’ve been in business since 1974. Second their BBB report is exemplary. Third they are a recommended company on Angi. I first met with Thomas who provided an estimate for repairs. This had to be compared to what my insurance estimator had provided but there were no issues there. After a couple of conversations with Thomas, I was convinced that an upgraded shingle was worth the extra money. After speaking with my insurance agent, I also discovered I would be saving a considerable amount on my home owner’s policy. Enough to cover the cost of the upgrade in 2 years! Not to mention, less likely to be damaged in the future. Another savings (deductibles!) Another surprise was it is quieter. One morning I went outside to get the paper and found it was raining…hard. I didn’t even hear it inside. Thomas was easy to work with. I was able to schedule the installation when I was going to be out of town. You don’t want to be inside your house when a new roof is installed. After the installation was complete, I found the yard clean and free of debris. The flower beds were protected although I did find one flower stem bent. I then received a call and visit from David who was the on-site supervisor and quality control inspector. He asked to come inside to make sure none of the vents (HVAC, water heater) to the roof had come loose during the installation. They hadn’t. I showed him a few cracks and nail pops that had appeared. He took pictures and had repairmen out to repair them the next week! All I can say is that this is a reputable company that is easy to work with from both the customer and the insurance company’s perspective. I can easily recommend Lon Smith Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category roofing, chimney caps

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]. We hope you are enjoying your upgraded roofing system. We appreciate your business.

01/16/2021

Steven H.

This is a very professional company. Everyone I spoke with were very helpful and quick with answers. My house is very old and the city required it to be decked over the 1x12 shiplap boards. The estimator dealt with the city and my insurance and was very quick on answers. The work was excellent and some boards were replaced that I thought I would have to do. I would recommend this company to all. If I need another roof due to weather, I'll call Lon Smith roofing. I had first called another roofing company that was advertised on the radio. I was not impressed with that company but knew I wanted to go with Lon Smith after calling them.

Description of Work
A new roof

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]. We are glad to hear everything went well. We hope you enjoy your new roof.

04/22/2020

Mark B.

Fast work, High Quality, Highly Organized with check lists

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category roofing, auction services

Cost $8,960.76

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for your review and for selecting Lon Smith Roofing for your roofing project. We appreciate your business.

04/16/2020

Laura S.

They were professional, answered all our questions and did a great job!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, auction services

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

Thank you for your review and for selecting Lon [Member Name Removed] Roofing for your roofing project. We appreciate your business.

04/10/2020

Barbara P.

Excellent Experience - Lon Smith recommended by my neighbor. Stephen Vozeh is very knowledgeable and a true professional. The crew was on time, their work was excellent and did a great job on cleaning up. Miguel Monoz was on the job ensuring a quality job, Well done by the team. Len Prisco

Description of Work
Replaced Storm Damaged Roof

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

Thank you for your review and for selecting Lon Smith Roofing for your roofing project. We appreciate your business.

03/28/2020

David W.

From sales to customer service to on-site crew, Lon Smith roofing has been excellent. They have been professional and the site was left spotless. There was a spot where the house trim was rotted out and they replaced it on their own. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
New Roof Installed

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

03/23/2020

Jillian G.

Lon Smith did and exceptional job. Very professional and completed on time. We had one issue with a gutter replacement, but they were quick to come fix the issue and great to work with!

Description of Work
Replace Roof and Gutters on entire house

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

03/17/2020

Linda B.

The roof is great but there is an issue with a downspout. Water was running into my garage. I was able to get it fixed myself but they said they would fix it and they did not. The work was good, but they did not fix the gutter, which was a major problem.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof and gutters.

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

03/14/2020

Corrie W.

They were great. Very clean and professional.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

02/24/2020

Cuong T.

I highly recommend Lon Smith Roofing! They have done a wonderful job of roofing on my house. I got my roof upgraded to a class 4 and it looks fantastic. Mr. Kelly Williams, the estimator, was so helpful and patient with us. The crew was wonderful. They were professional, efficient & cleaned up everything. Thank you.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 02/23/2020

02/13/2020

Diep N.

Great experience. Sam was a great person to talk to and very professional. Great, simple explanations on what was happening with my roof and what other problems that were related to my roof. Finished all projects very quickly and efficiently. Great attention to detail and understanding of some of my concerns with my roof and house. Easy to reach by phone and email with very prompt responses.

Description of Work
Roof replacement. E-caps on 2 of the PVC pipe drains. Partial gutter replacement.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney caps

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

02/01/2020

tony L.

Lon Smith is very professional & competent, After hail/wind storms hit our neighborhood, roofing vultures descended upon us. I ignored them all and called LSR. They had done my roof in 2006. They were there within a day, gave me a quote and worked with the insurance adjuster. All was settled within a few days. The roof was then replaced 20 days later. It took 1 1/2 days and the crew worked around "iffy" weather, overhead trees and our pool. All went well. Roof looks great. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

01/12/2020

Debbie S.

They did a great job and the Foreman was easy to communicate with.

Description of Work
Replace Roof and Gutters

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

12/13/2019

Marie G.

it was good, they stayed professional at what they do best

Description of Work
I needed a complete new roof on the house and garage and the gutters got replaced

Cost $7,961.21

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

11/26/2019

Kevin M.

I felt I could trust a company that has been in business many, many years. I was right!. they did a great job on my roof and were great folks to work with. They truly exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
New Roof Installed

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

11/11/2019

Mary J.

GREAT! The salesman remained accessible throughout the process. Work was top quality. I still haven't found one nail in the yard.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, gutters and exterior repairs

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

11/08/2019

Maria A.

Great Experience! From the salesman, roofers, inspector, and office personnel, all were very professional and I felt well informed of the process. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

11/08/2019

Jim G.

This is the second roof following hail damage on my personal roof and my rental property that Lon Smith has installed. Workers arrived in time to begin work early. Roof was completed in one day and looks good. Very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 10/30/2019