Hillman Outdoor Living LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2008

We are a full design-build company that can handle your project from start to finish. We offer full color 3D design services, furniture layout, and lighting design so you love every detail about your project before we put one shovel in the ground. We are new project construction specialist and do not take on repair, touch up or already completed work. Take a look at our full portfolio to get inspired today. ...

Fireplace

+48 more images

hardscaping (28)Patios (17)masonry (12)outdoor kitchens (10)lawn & landscaping (9)decks & porches (8)fireplace services (6)lighting (2)stamped concrete (1)excavating (1)stone & gravel (15)concrete repair (12)

07/30/2021

Tony D.

They were awesome. As soon as he came out I know he was the one were going to use. He gave me ideas because were not really sure what we wanted, he was very professional, polite and did a very good job. I would recommend them to anybody, from beginning to end I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
They built a back porch in our outdoor kitchen for me.

Category decks

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

11/11/2020

JAVIER D.

First off, I would like to mention that we have been very pleased with how wonderful our patio remodeling turned out. We have really enjoyed being able to host family and friends to a warm glowing fire while watching sports on the tv in our new built-in chimney. Most of all we are very thankful that Hillman took care of every aspect of the project. Mike was extremely accommodating in helping us with the design, and never pushed us to get more than our budge limit, or what our backyard footprint could support; and even helped us deal with our very strict HOA. Mike took care of all permits, and only sub-contracts trades with a proven record of excellence. Hillman’s crews are essential throughout the project to ensure consistency in construction quality, and attention to customer needs and concerns. Project was completed in about 10 weeks, and would have been completed earlier had it not been for delays due to the national pandemic. We give Hillman Outdoor Living five stars out of five based on the accolades stated above and offer only one bit of constructive feedback: room for improvement in crew foreman keeping homeowners informed in real time on scheduled milestones and delays. Again, extremely pleased with the end product, and highly recommend Hillman Outdoor Living to transform your patio. Sincerely, Javier Delgado

Description of Work
Extended patio with existing roof line, added a corner chimney with a fireplace and built-in TV frame

Category picture framing, landscaping, lighting, masonry, fireplaces, patios

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

10/21/2020

Christopher H.

I hired Hillman Outdoor Living to design and install an outdoor fireplace and hearth. From start to finish Mike was a pleasure to work with. His attention to detail and industry knowledge is what sold us. We felt like we could go to Mike with ideas and he knew exactly how to execute them. Can’t wait to do another project with Hillman Outdoor Living.

Description of Work
Outdoor Fire Place

Category concrete repair, masonry, fireplaces, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

08/01/2020

Monica C.

The work they did was incredible. For one, building anything customized often leaves the builders in the dark, or at the mercy of people like me who sometimes just don't know how to articulate what we want. There are so many ways for mistakes to happen, or for dissatisfaction to occur. To account for these potential errors, they kept an open dialogue at all times, so that if there were ever any problems, the solution was just around the corner. They went above and beyond in making us feel comfortable about the investment, and making sure the work was done first. It was everything we asked for and then some.

Description of Work
Hillman built our outdoor patio

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

07/31/2020

Joseph E.

We used Hillman Outdoor for a major outdoor covered patio, outdoor kitchen and putting green project. We had initial ideas for the project but Mike Hillman expanded and greatly improved the concept. He brought a myriad of examples from his previous projects so we could see the ideas in practice. His 3D conceptual video brought the project “alive”. Our challenge to Mike was to “make it look like it was part of the original construction” and he met the challenge.....from integrating colors and textures with stone work, woodwork and brick selections. Sergio the stone mason, Carlos the electrician, Ryan the landscaper and Juan the painter were all exceptional craftsmen. Our job foreman Cody was great to work with as well. He was hands on, reliable and easy to reach via text, phone or email. Mike was always available and responsive to addressing any concerns. We were so pleased with the patio project we also used them for a complete kitchen remodel. Mike used an exceptional interior designer to assist with the design, layout, material selection and color coordination. We couldn’t be more pleased and now consider Mike and his team good friends.

Description of Work
Outdoor Kitchen, Arbor, Putting Green, Patio

Category decks, lighting, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

07/16/2020

Sara D.

Amazing! Mike and his team did exactly what they said they would and results are even better than expected!

Description of Work
Turf backyard, putting green, retaining walls and hardscape flower beds.

Category concrete repair, decks, excavators, landscaping, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

10/02/2018

william H.

Mike and his crew did an excellent job on my retaining wall. They were very polite and quick to return calls and/or text messages.

Description of Work
Retaining Wall

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

01/26/2018

Chad B.

The entire process was easy and we are thrilled with the final product.

Description of Work
Mike designed and built us a beautiful outdoor kitchen and patio.

Category fireplaces, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 01/26/2018

01/19/2018

Michael W.

Wonderful. True professionals from bid to final product.

Description of Work
Patio extension and fire pit.

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

01/19/2018

Todd S.

From start to finish Mike has a vision of what needs to be done and makes sure that happens

Description of Work
We did an extension of our back patio with a roof and added a fireplace

Category concrete repair, picture framing, masonry, pavers, gravel, fireplaces, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

01/17/2018

Wade E.

Mike at Hillman Outdoor Living was very professional and easy to work with. The work was done in a timely matter and the finished product was exactly as promised. The stone retaining wall, flagstone patio, outdoor kitchen and pergola turned out perfect. He also stuck to his original quote so there were no surprises to the price. We will definitely be using Hillman Outdoor again in the future! We are very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Stone work, outdoor kitchen and Pergola

Category masonry, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

01/17/2018

Janice F.

Hillman Outdoor Living provided an excellent service! Their crew of workers kept the job moving toward completion. Mike Hillman was available throughout the project for answering any questions that came up. We thoroughly enjoy our new outdoor space amdceould definitely select them again for any outdoor projects!

Description of Work
Outdoor patio

Category concrete repair, decks, picture framing, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 05/29/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words! Its customers like y'all that keeps my team motivated to keep doing what we do!

01/06/2018

Tonja A.

It went great - was done in 2 weeks. Took another contractor 5 months to start and not finish. Mike came in and finished it - which was a challenge most other contractors would not touch. Was so thankful Mike came in and redid our patio , it looks great!!! Very professional team. Wished I would have found him before I found a bad contractor. (If you live around ft. worth Texas - beware of Robert Farrow -Equisite Exterior Designs!!) Would Highly recommend Mike Hillman and his crew!!!

Description of Work
Finish an outdoor living area that another contractor walked away from

Category decks, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

08/01/2017

James B.

Absolutely beautiful work !! Exactly what we wanted and within the budget agreed upon. The construction went on a steady pace, the work area was kept clean with little to no impact on the yard. The crews were professional, courteous and took pride in their work.

Description of Work
Plan and construct a 12' x 26' pergola. Also install 480 sq. ft. of flagstone.

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

Review for Hillman Outdoor Living LLC - 5820 Old Hemphill Rd, Fort Worth, TX - 35942673

07/10/2017

Donna N.

Excellent service and professional quality work. Mike (Hillman Outdoor Living LLC) and his crew were a pleasure to work with. The work they did looks awesome! Very professional. No questions about hiring him again, in fact, they will be out again to update our outdoor kitchen.

Description of Work
Stone edging around the front of house. Pavers put along side of driveway for more parking area. Pebble stone in and around air condition units.

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/27/2017

07/05/2017

Teresa E.

Mike and his crew were amazing and professional from start to finish, Mike has continued to service us with anything that has come up. I would highly recommend Mike to anyone looking to build a quality outdoor living area

Description of Work
We built a outdoor covered living area with kitchen and fireplace.

Category concrete repair, decks, landscaping, masonry, mulch, fireplaces, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

04/25/2017

Noel V.

Super nice guys! Great quality! Our backyard looks 10x better. Can't wait to do more business with them

Description of Work
We had mulch brought to our location. Great people!

Category mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/15/2017

03/30/2017

Bruce R.

very professional and very responsive to every request. Cleaned up and place looked great. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Patio addition with flagstone and fire pit.

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

09/10/2016

Deborah M.

Patio is gorgeous, along with the fire pit. We are very happy with the final results. We had some delay with the gas line being trenched. The house is 100+ years old and water lines, sewer lines were a issue. Mike was easy to get a hold of and made suggestions we appreciated. In the end we got what we wanted and can not be happier with the results.

Description of Work
Hillman outdoor living did a flagstone patio, fire pit and zero scape with crushed granite.

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel, patios

Work Completed On 07/06/2016

07/11/2014

DILLARD S.

After a conversation or two and a few mails, I asked Mike to tell me what my options were. Several follow-up e-mails failed to draw any responses until I finally received one in early June, in which Mike said that he had too much work to do and could not take on the work. I still don't now what the scope of what he would have suggested is, nor how much it would have cost.

Description of Work
I contacted this company in January, seeking an estimate for some work on my retaining walls. Mike came out and reviewed the situation.

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

I appreciate the feedback. Initially when i talked with this customer I gave him budgetary numbers which did not meet his expectation. At that time after several communications with the customer I was not able to spend more time with him on his project without getting paid for it. We offer free estimates to our customers and love dealing with our clients. Sometimes we cannot meet the customers budget expectations and we understand this.

06/03/2014

Jennifer S.

I felt he was a little high but I think he was the most professional contractor and his clue was fantastic. He's a very nice, kind and patient man. He really is patient with my parents. He was just starling. I've never seen people like him to be tidier and they were fantastic. The product and the portal are gorgeous and they're wonderful. It was a whole system. They also are very mindful and what they bridged was beautiful. I'm pleased because they're capable of doing their work.

Description of Work
Hillman Outdoor Living LLC provided me a hardscaping & pavers for landscaping service and patios.

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 04/15/2014

05/31/2014

Diane L.

I wasted a morning sitting around waiting for a contractor that did not come for his appointment and did not call. Not very professional.

Description of Work
I called them for an appointment to give me an estimate on an outdoor deck. They made the appointment for the next day at 9:30 am. They did not show up and did not call. I have never heard back from them.

Work Completed On 05/26/2014

[Member Name], Can you verify who you talked to? There is only two of us and neither has a appointment set for you. I apologize for any inconvenience you had but you may have companies mixed up?

05/14/2014

Rick B.

Dustin was our main contact for this project from Hillman. I think overall they did a wonderful job. The stonework was put down with the upmost professionalism. Dustin spent time helping us design it and made very good suggestions on the layout. The end product was wonderful. The sprinkler person,Angel, moved the main controls to the side of the new patio. Just a couple items that you need to be aware of. It took a little longer than expected. Refitting drainpipes is not there speciality.

Description of Work
We enlarged our patio in the backyard and put down flagstone