Fort Worth Refrigerator & Appliance Repair

Founded 2010 • With Angi since December 2016

6387 Camp Bowie

Fort Worth, TX 76116

We are a family owned appliance repair service that specializes in home refrigerator and ice maker repair. We offer a no fuss same day refrigerator repair experience at an affordable price. We are factory trained and expert technicians for all brands including Kitchen Aid, Samsung, LG, GE,

07/08/2020

Jeremy H.

T\Jack and his company (son) do not stand behind there work. Cam out to repair my refrigerator twice for the same problem with in 2 months. My tenant has tried calling and texting and Jack blocks his number. I called spoke to him and he arranged to come to the house the next day. My tenant took the day off work with out pay and Jack never showed up or returned his or my calls. Beware DO NOT USE this comapny.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

05/27/2020

John T.

I scheduled an appointment at my NORTH FORT WORTH home via their website and followed up with a text. They responded fairly quickly to the text and we sent a time for the next day. A few minutes later I get a text from them saying they didn't realize I was in GRANBURY and they no longer service Granbury. I immediately replied that I wasn't in Granbury and included my address in the text. Silence since then. They haven't replied to my texts to confirm the appointment or voice messages at the numbers listed on their website. I'm not sure what is up with them but I'm taking my business to someone else.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

Category appliance repair

Our website clearly states that we only serve Tarrant County. The customer failed to disclose that he was 60 miles outside of this in Hood County in the initial call and text. After I looked up the street address which the customer texted to me I saw it was in an area we do not service. I immediately texted the customer back with an apology and to let him know that it was beyond our resources to help him especially during this pandemic when our time and resources are stretched to the limit. I empathize that rural areas have little or no appliance repair services to speak of but we are not the answer. I wish you good luck in finding someone to help you on this.

05/23/2020

Loyall U.

Absolutely horrible experience. They worked on our refrigerator unit and the repair did not work in the long run. Money was never the issue. We just wanted the problem fixed. When we contacted them to come back out and work on the fridge they refuse to help. They said we no longer get work on your type of refrigerator. A good Repair company will not leave their clients in the wind after taking their money.

Description of Work
Ice maker repair

Category appliance repair

Earlier this year we have made the decision to stop servicing Samsung refrigerators for the very reason stated above. The refrigerators will break down again with a new problem within a year or so. We offered you a refund even though the repairs were far past the 90 day warranty period as we do all customers with the misfortune of owning these poorly engineered and shoddily made products. You refused to even produce the invoice that I may make you a refund. At this time with a pandemic at large making it unsafe to go out and do our job everyday we have to consider many things. (1) Your ice maker malfunction is not a threat to your health it's just an inconvenience. (2) There is no chance that your refrigerator can be repaired to last more than a couple of years. I understand that the longevity of service is lacking in these units and this is not acceptable to you nor is it acceptable to our company. That is why we advise our customers to buy a new unit and make it any brand except Samsung. We meant no disrespect and wish you good luck in working out the refrigerator issues.

02/12/2020

Jason L.

SCAMMERS! We called them out to repair our fridge and wanted to charge my wife 470.00 They called LG company and said they could do the warranty and would still need to pay the 85.00 service and 100.00 for parts that they couldn't explain. I called LG AND IT WAS 100% covered under warranty parts and labor and Fort Worth Refrigerator Repair was authorized to do the 100% warranty claim. They went From 470.00 down to 200.00 and final was 125.00 They couldn't explain the extra charges! LG will be out tomorrow with a MORE RECOMMENDED company with 100% warranty. Later he called me with threats of suing me for parts and labor at full cost of 1,300.00 for parts I don't have! NOT RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
Repair Refrigerator

Category appliance repair

Very nice lady asked us to come and check the LG refrigerator. Service call was $85. She did not have the receipt where she bought the device so only the parts were under warranty. We advised her that we could repair the device at that time and cost would be $350 for labor plus service call $85 plus sales tax. After a discussion I called LG and negotiated for LG to waive the proof of purchase requirement and pay some of the labor charges. We agreed with the lady to repair and bill LG for the parts and labor. She would only owe the $85 which had been agreed upon before we came out. The customer agreed and asked us to repair. As soon as we had completed the repair the husband called and demanded we take the parts off of the unit. He was extremely abusive. We agreed to do so. He felt that it should cost him nothing and that someone should have to pay him for the food he lost. Mrs. [Member Name Removed] wrote a check for the $85 and we left. The parts we used came to about $500 and we cannot sell them again because they are used so we were out the 3 hours of work time spent there and the parts. Mr. [Member Name Removed] was irrational and unreasonable and this review should evidence his abusive behavior to anyone who reads it.

12/03/2019

Rajiv P.

Jack was prompt, courteous, and showed up the same day for an urgent repair, when my fridge gave out right before a big party!

Description of Work
Fridge compressor replacement

10/26/2019

Keith M.

Our experience with Fort Worth Refrigerator Repair was exceptional. Our freezer / refrigerator was not cooling properly. We called Fort Worth Refrigerator Repair late morning and spoke with Jack. He and Matthew arrived at our house in the afternoon of the same day. Within a few seconds of opening our freezer Matthew determined the fan was out on our freezer. They had the part on their truck and replaced the fan in a short period of time. In addition, water was not coming out of the water dispenser. They determined the issue and removed a water reservoir and installed tubing. We were very pleased with the service performed and the cost for the repair. Our freezer/ refrigerator has been cooling since the service was performed. We highly recommend Fort Worth Refrigerator Repair.

Description of Work
Our freezer/ refrigerator was not cooling properly.

10/16/2019

Rowena M.

Thank goodness I found this company on Angie's List! They came the day I called, installed a new compressor, instructed me how and when to clean it and were finished in less than thirty minutes. With my $40. Angie's List coupon, it cost me $406.72. And they warranted the compressor.

Description of Work
My nine year old refrigerator died.

10/03/2019

Evelyne M.

Excellent!! I can't say enough nice things about this company and their service. They accommodated me by moving my appointment up by days and came out the same day! They showed up on time and knew exactly what the problem was. Had it fixed within a half hour and honored my Angie's List coupon. I highly recommend this company. Such a pleasant experience, thank you!

Description of Work
Repair of my 20+ year old refrigerator

09/24/2019

Harold C.

Refrigerator and freezer working well. The problem proved to be surprisingly complex. In spite of need for additional resources, F. W. REFRIG. Repair completed the repair with no additional cost over original price. I recommend them wholeheartedly; they get the job done. Also professional and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Ice maker & water dispenser were leaking causing freezer to be unusable

09/17/2019

Jennifer M.

They were friendly, on time, and professional. I would absolutely hire again.

Description of Work
Refrigerator

09/09/2019

David O.

Amazing experience with this company! My refrigerator was cooling erratically and sometimes not at all and other times freezing everything in the frig. I live in Lewisville, TX in Denton County and before I read on their website that they can only service customers in the Fort Worth area and Tarrant County, I had left them a voicemail describing the problem and hoping for a call back so I could make an appointment. 29 minutes after leaving the message, Jack (the owner) called me back apologetic that he wasn't able to help me because he's only able to serve customers within Tarrant County, TX. He then went on to tell me exactly what he thought the problem was (a thermostat that generally is the culprit when this problem occurs on my make and model of refrigerator) and that if I was mechanically inclined, I could maybe fix it myself. After having a terrible experience with another company I called after speaking with Jack, I decided to try to fix the problem myself. I ordered the part from Amazon for $12.50 and with about 2 hours of effort, I fixed it myself and it is working beautifully again after 3 days! I cannot recommend this company highly enough! Who does this kind of thing anymore!? It is amazing to me that, with no consideration for his own financial benefit, Jack provided all the expert advice and information I needed, over the phone, to fix this problem myself. If you are in Tarrant County, Texas and have any problem with your home appliances, PLEASE use these people!!!!! You will have one of the best service experiences of your life. THANK YOU, JACK!!!!!!!! God bless and prosper you for your kindness. David/Lewisville, TX

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Category appliance repair

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed] and the feedback. You did a good job getting that installed. I know because there are some tricky procedures to get that thermostat out and reinstalled. Also it is seldom that a person would go to the effort you have here to thank us. Thank you ever so much for taking the time and effort to write this review. Sincerely, Jack B.

07/18/2019

Jane R.

Excellent. The problems were diagnosed in the first trip out but since the parts had to be ordered it took two visits. The repairs were completed quickly and as soon as possible since I had some urgency with guests visiting. Jack and his son did a great job. I appreciated that they appreciated that. The refrigerator works great.

Description of Work
Evaporator coil and waterline repair for GE refrigerator

07/12/2019

Sharon M.

I hired them to repair a 20 year old frig... they replaced the part that was not working but the repair would not fix the problem and they promptly refunded my money, even the service call. I was so happy about that as I was able to put those funds toward a new refrigerator.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

06/16/2019

Daineen M.

Unbelievable service. They happen to be the only company that could come out on a Saturday after several other calls. They came and replaced the compressor and the job done was done in a very timely manner. There happened to be an error message on the fridge after they left and the water dispenser/ice maker wasn’t working. I contacted them on Sunday morning and did not expect them to come straight out. They had to replace the fan as well but did not charge us. Father and son team were great and very down to earth but knew exactly what they were doing. You won’t go wrong relying on them for service. Excellence!

Description of Work
LG Refrigerator Repair

05/25/2019

Linda D.

Service was prompt and within 2 hours of my call the problem had been resolved with cost below what I was expecting. Super nice gentlemen. They get 10 stars!

Description of Work
Refrigerator was not defrosting properly and water accumulated in bottom of appliance.

04/24/2019

Pat C.

Jack answered promptly when I called at 8am, and he and Matthew were at my house in 2 hours. The problem was diagnosed quickly, and they had the replacement part on hand. Very professional and courteous. It's obvious that they take pride in their work and care about their reputation.

Description of Work
Replaced PCB in refrigerator

03/15/2019

Bendy W.

My husband figured out it was the pump on the machine and we advised them that it might be this part. They brought the part with them instead of having to go pick one up after looking at it. That's what it was! They got the work done so fast! Very efficient. They also accepted the Angie's List coupon that I told them I had without even asking for it.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

03/05/2019

Patrick M.

Jack, the owner, took my call, listened to our story, and was out the same day. Came back the second day to complete the job (they needed a pet that wasn’t available until that next day), all the while coordinating with me. We couldn’t have asked for more - I’d like to give a higher grade than A!

Description of Work
Our less than 3 year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator started making weird sounds then showing PF and eventually PO error codes. We needed help after having Keller Appliance botch the initial service call.

02/26/2019

Victor S.

They arrived right on time and explained thoroughly what work would be performed and gave me a good price. Gave me tips on some preventive maintenance to keep my refrigerator running efficiently. I will recommend them and use them again if needed.

Description of Work
Ice maker replacement and thermostar

01/31/2019

Don M.

Jack and his son Matthew are phenomenal !! This was the second time I have used them. They showed up within an hour of my call and identified the problem and fixed it with 20 minutes. Their service, quality and cost are exceptional. They truly stand behind their work. I will not use anyone else but Fort Worth Refrigerator Repair. I highly recommend them. Don McCleery

Description of Work
Refrigerator condenser fan burned out - unit overheating

01/24/2019

Melissa V.

Had a noisy refrigerator. During the first visit they couldn't quite pinpoint the source of the noise; however, they returned a second time (at not extra charge) to further troubleshoot. They located the cause of the noise, fixed it, and now things are great. They were very friendly and punctual.

Description of Work
Caring, Honest Company

01/02/2019

James S.

The father/son team arrived promptly and determined that the main board needed to be replaced. They had suspected this, and offered to wait until a part arrived, projected to take a week. It was my decision to accept their offer to come right away to see if it could be anything else. Once it was clear that the board was a problem no other checking was done. Perhaps it would have been impossible to test anything else without a new board. Jack worked very hard to find a part that could come sooner than one from the factory because of our need for Christmas entertaining. The newly found board arrived even sooner than he expected, and they promptly came back to install it. When it was determined that the oven was working, I paid them and hoped for the best. We soon discovered that the upper oven took well over an hour to pre-heat, while the lower oven was fine. I described all aspects of the symptoms, which they found helpful, and they returned when an ordered element and a sensor were available. They found the element to be OK and replaced just the sensor. They did NOT try to get me to accept and pay for the unneeded element--much appreciated. The oven is now working although the temperature as measured by a thermometer remains well below the indicated setting. This was a pre-existing problem that I mentioned, but it was not specifically addressed. Jack and Matthew were a total pleasure to work with, and I have complete confidence in their honesty and their desire to do the right thing. Their specialty is refrigeration rather than other appliances, but I respected their conscientiousness and knowledge in solving the oven problem. My only disappointment is that I wish they had been more thorough in testing before deciding everything was fine. While the first bill seemed a bit high to me for the labor charge, the bill for their return visit to deal with the pre-heat problem was very fair, and seemed to represent a desire to make up for the missed problem. I should acknowledge that my home was at a significant distance from their starting point, and the repeated trip for the board might have played into the first labor charge. (With three visits, I was billed for only one basic service charge!) I was very impressed with how quickly they agreed to come at every juncture from the first phone call through the last service. I believe them to be a highly recommendable company.

Description of Work
Repair of a double oven that was not functioning, and displaying a fault code

12/28/2018

Andrew T.

Jack responded to inquiry promptly, coordinated with the tenant to gain access to the house the same day service call was made, diagnosed the issue and repaired the leak. Very professional and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in refrigerator

12/19/2018

Diane S.

I called early Monday morning. I was very concerned because I had the freezer completely full, noise was getting worse. We set an appointment for later in the afternoon. I appreciated same day service. They were right on time, immediately went to work, found the problem explained what was wrong. There was a bug in the drain pipe, cleared it. Freezer is working perfectly. It could not have gone any better. They were very personable and professional.

Description of Work
Freezer was making a noise.

11/29/2018

Frank B.

Changed ice maker with a new one in about 10 minutes charge me labor that was too high for how long it took to replace. On top of the cost of a new ice maker

Description of Work
Ice maker not working