Aire Serv of Fort Worth

Founded 1990 • With Angi since May 2004

3024 Shawnee Trl

Fort Worth, TX 76135

Aire Serv of Fort Worth is Your Local Expert on Heating & Air Conditioning Repair & Replacement. If you live in Texas’ Tarrant or Parker Counties, call Aire Serv of Fort Worth/Weatherford for your heating and air conditioning needs. We offer repair, replacement, maintenance, installation of HVAC equipment. We also offer dryer vent cleaning, duct cleaning and FREE Indoor Air Quality testing. ...

06/21/2022

Sarah D.

AireServ provided excellent service by fixing our AC and replacing all of the freon in our unit. Caleb came out and went above and beyond to explain what his diagnosis meant and open up other valves to make sure he was fixing the root cause of the issues and not just the symptoms. He followed-up the next day after our repairs to come out and fine tune repairs, too.

Description of Work
HVAC Coil Repair and New Freon

07/23/2020

Beny L.

The technician, who was really good, diagnosed that the evaporator coil needed to be replaced. The replacement for the coil was reasonable, but the R-410a cost/pound was 3.5 times higher than other quotes I got. I needed 13 pounds and that adds up. Although the technician was extremely well skilled and knowledgeable, the cost factor became prohibitive.

Description of Work
Heat pump did not have any R-410a which is an obvious leak in the system.

10/08/2019

Ben S.

I called Aire Serv when I noticed that the condenser fan was not turning, . We already on their maintenance plan. They said that a technician would be available in four hours. Soon, they called back. A technician finished up early and is available. Justin, the technician, came quickly. He checked the controller in the attic and then the condenser outside. Justin had to replace the capacitor. It was eight years old. The normal life is five years. He tested that everything was working before he left. Not only was Justin efficient, he was polite and friendly. It was a hot day in September; Aire Serv saved us.

Description of Work
Condensor fix

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

06/19/2019

Michael R.

I had a new HVAC system installed by Aire Serv of Fort Worth in January 2016. They did a very good job for a fair price. I have had them do the semi annual service of the unit each fall and spring since having the unit installed. Everything checked out fine each time. This spring, when the technicians came to inspect my unit, they said that the capacitor was "weak" and needed to be replaced. I very reluctantly agreed to let them change the capacitor although I was very skeptical. In about 3 minutes they came back and said, "all done." To my discredit, I failed to ask for the part they replaced. I was charged $150. I also assist my elderly parents who live across the street from me. The Aire Serv technicians also performed the spring service on their unit, which was installed by Aire Serv in August 2016. The technician checked the outside unit and said it was 3 pounds low on freon. He "installed" the additional freon and charged us $150.00. I questioned him about why a unit that is less than 3 years old would be low on freon. He said, "maybe it has a leak." We had a rather candid conversation and I asked him to have the service manager to call me. If my parents unit is leaking freon after less than three years, there is either poor quality equipment installed, or really shoddy workmanship. I never heard from the service manager. I will never use Aire Serv again!!!!

Description of Work
Summer HVAC tuneup

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are so sorry that you aren't happy with our services. We did try to reach out to you on 6/13 to a number 817-494-3189 that was no longer in service and we were unable to reach you. Texas temperatures sometimes cause a capacitor to go out of range prematurely. It is a very common emergency repair and the main benefit of an HVAC Maintenance is to proactively find things that can promote the health and life of your system. Aire Serv has found that by finding these small symptoms and taking care of them at the time of a maintenance, the chances of a breakdown on a holiday, weekend or the hottest day of the year are less likely. We are more than happy to send a Service Manager to both locations and perform a thorough inspection at no charge to determine the validity of these repairs. Please reach out to Aire Serv at 817-367-2473.

07/19/2018

David M.

I usually don’t write reviews this negative but my hope is that this will help someone else avoid a similar AC disaster during this very hot summer. If you want the short version, don’t use Aire Serv of Fort Worth. Here's the long version... Full disclosure, I've used Aire Serv of Fort Worth for 3 years and up until this experience I had always been happy with them. The first 2 times they came out to our house were for a repair and then maintenance. The technician's name was William and he was awesome. I even wrote them a good review because of him. He explained everything to me very well and was very personable. Then the next few visits were ok (wasn’t William). They were mostly for maintenance and the technicians seemed capable. Then there was the last visit: Our AC started blowing cool (and humid) but not cold air, then it would blow cold then warm and then cool again. Very inconsistent and random. This started on Saturday 6/16 and continued into Sunday. Sunday evening I called Aire Serv to make an appointment. They sent someone out on Monday 6/18. I’ll call him Jim. Jim was a really nice guy but that’s about all I can say. He asked me what was going on with the AC. I told him about the cool, cold, warm thing. He said "well that just doesn't make sense". He asked if my outside unit was on while it was blowing warm air and I told him that it was. What happened next started the ruin of all good will toward Aire Serv. Although I was insistent that I'd seen the outside unit on while warm air was blowing, he said "it probably wasn't, you just thought it was". He then let this discounting of what I told him guide every decision he made after that. He explained things to me like we were just two HVAC professionals talking shop (I don't know how an AC works past the most basic knowledge so I didn’t know enough to argue). He was confident in his speech so I respected what he was saying to me and decided to let his discounting of my observations slide for the time. He went up to our inside unit in the attic, noticed that the condensation drain was backed up (seemed legit) and said that the kill switch in there was probably causing my issues. He unclogged the drain, came down and told me that the clogged drain wasn't the problem and couldn't have possibly been. I was charged for this anyhow, which, is fine because it probably needed unclogging I guess but it didn’t address my immediate concern. He then ran what looked like some electrical diagnostics tests and got on the phone with someone he referred to as his senior or lead technician. I went into the other room and didn't hear what was said. He came and told me that after consulting with his senior he had come to the conclusion that it was my Nest thermostat. He laid some more too-fast professional HVAC speak on me that mostly went over my head but what I did understand was him saying something to me like "obviously your outside unit isn't getting a signal" from the thermostat (remember, I told him that the outside unit was on when I experienced my symptoms, he told me I was wrong and now we’ve arrived at "obviously wasn't on”). He told me that he "99 percent guaranteed" that if I went out and bought a cheap thermostat that it would cure all that ails me. He told me to call him back out if that didn't work. Again, I wasn't sure I liked what I was hearing but he sounded super confident and I have quite a bit of respect for service people's knowledge and abilities so I tend to be quite deferential to them. He left and I spent the next hour on the phone with Nest (I paid a lot of money for that thing and I wanted them to send me a new one if it was broken). They were able to demonstrate to me that the AC was experiencing my issues outside of their thermostat. That was about the time I felt sure that Jim was wrong but now I was going to have to go out and buy the cheap thermostat to get him to come back out. While I was on the phone with Nest I noticed that Jim had left a pretty hefty piece of equipment that looked like some kind of high-pressure metal canister with two gauges on top of it in my daughter’s bathroom. I called Aire Serv back so that he could come retrieve it. It may have been harmless but it seemed careless to leave something like that. I went out and bought a cheap thermostat, came home and installed it. I turned it on and now it was all warm air coming out of our vents. I called Aire Serv back and they told me they’d have Jim call me. A few minutes later an obviously-annoyed Jim called me back and when I explained what I had done and what was happening I got another “well that just doesn’t make sense”. I said “Well, all I know is that you told me this would work and to call you back out if it didn’t and…it didn’t”. I was told that it would be a while as he was just sitting down to dinner. I guess it was maybe about an hour and a half? (an hour from when he called to when he called again to tell me he was on his way) later when he showed back up, went up in the attic, and realized he’d plugged some wire or another back into the wrong port. Cool air started blowing again. So if you’re still reading here’s where we are at so far. Jim came out, told me what I was experiencing didn’t make sense, told me that the outside unit wasn’t on during my experiences with the warm and cool air after I told him it was, discovered the clogged drain and said that was the problem, unclogged it and said it couldn’t have possibly been the problem., called his senior...whatever and they both got to just agreein’ with each other about the ill virtues of the Nest thermostat, sent me out to the store to buy and install a new one, and got an annoyed tone when I called him back out (like he told me to) after this didn’t work. When he finally arrived after his dinner and the house was sitting at about 95 degrees (I have a three year old trying to get to sleep in this) he figured out that the warm air was because of his mistake. So he came out, didn’t fix my original issue, broke something else, and came back out to fix what he broke. He was still assuring me that the new thermostat would fix everything else as he left. He never once to this point inspected the outside unit… The temperature dropped back down into the 80s for the next couple of days so the house seemed like it was cooling better but by Friday the temperatures were back up and it was obvious we were still having the same issues so I called Aire Serv back and asked if they could send someone out to take another look. Since they had always been pretty good I wanted to give them one more shot. I asked that I get a different technician, explaining that Jim was a very nice guy but he was struggling to find the issue and that maybe a fresh set of eyes would help. They said that they would send someone else. The AC wasn’t able to get the temperature below 78 for most of the hot afternoon but it was comfortable enough the rest of the time and we had Saturday plans so we made the appointment for Monday afternoon so that someone could come out during the time of day we were having our issues and see it first-hand. Sometime during the night Sunday night/Monday morning the unit quit cooling all together. I called Aire Serv back to see if they could move the appointment up to the 8-12 block. They said they could. I verified again that it would not be Jim. She said no, it would not. Somewhere around 9am I got a knock at the door and you can imagine my sheer disappointment when I looked through my peep hole and saw Jim standing there. I let him in and he immediately tried to frame the conversation as “So you’re having new problems?”. I had to get very forceful to get him to understand that I was having THE SAME issues, that they had never been corrected. I pointed out all of the flawed logic in his previous visit and asked him if he had even looked at the outside unit. He said no. I asked him if he would…please. He went and spent some time out with the outside unit and found what he called a leak in the air compressor. He then apologized to me saying he was “off his game” the previous Monday. He said that I could replace the air compressor for about 3500ish dollars but that I might as well get a whole new unit if I went that route. I thanked him for the information and told him that surely he could understand that I wasn’t about to let his company, at that point, do that level of work on my house. I asked him to leave. A few minutes later I received a call from the Aire Serv office. They told me that they had heard that I had some issues trusting Jim’s diagnosis(es) and they were wondering if they could send their senior technician out. I was wondering if she meant the same senior technician who’d sent Jim down the Nest rabbit hole but I didn’t ask. I told her it wasn’t just Jim, I didn’t trust anyone there now. Between his and this senior tech’s botched diagnoses and the people on the phone assuring me I would get a different technician...twice!, they had failed me at every point in this process. What should have been a correct initial diagnosis, that our AC unit was at the end of its life, could have resulted in us getting a new unit while the old one was still somewhat functioning during a rare period when the weather was unusually cool allowing for some flexibility in the work scheduling without loss of comfort or fear of overheating. Instead we were misdiagnosed (DIDN’T EVEN LOOK AT THE OUTSIDE UNIT) until our AC gave out after the temps went back up into the triple digits. We were set back a week by this incompetence. Fortunately we found someone else to fix this failure and we only had to spend one hot, miserable, sleepless night without AC. Aire Serv of Fort Worth was quite careless with my family’s comfort and safety. We counted on them to provide us with quality service and they failed.

Description of Work
Diagnosis and possible HVAC repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review. This case has been thoroughly investigated and was handled improperly by the technician. This technician is no longer with Aire Serv. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this experience so we can work harder to make sure this doesn't happen again.

06/23/2018

David P.

When I asked Aire Serv to do my annual HVAC checkup I asked that they replace my air filter and UV bulb. I gave them the model number for both the filter and bulb. When the rep came to my house he said that he did not have the bulb. He said someone would come out with it in the next few days and that I would be charged for the bulb, but not the trip, at that time. After two weeks no one came, so I contacted Aire Serv. When the rep did come out I was told that they could not order the bulb, so I would have to pay $450 for a new UV unit that they could get replacement bulbs for. I told him to forget it. I got on the internet, ordered a bulb, and replaced it myself within a week. I do not know whether the Aire Serv rep was incompetent or dishonest, but in either case I will never again do business with them.

Description of Work
HVAC checkup, filter, uv bulb replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We apologize for your bad experience. The call was handled poorly and has been addressed. Thank you for the review.

08/19/2017

George S.

We have a yearly plan, they do 2 inspections a year and a reduced price for any repairs that are needed.

Description of Work
They came to check the A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review!

07/21/2017

Chris W.

The responsiveness has gotten worse over the years. I think I'm going to look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Heating and A/C services.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review. We will work hard to do better.

07/16/2017

Harry S.

Technician replaced freon and temperature returned to normal after a while. He couldn't find the leak so late at night because he had used up all his leak supplies on a previous call, but he set me up for a Monday morning appointment to find it. The fix lasted throughout the weekend.

Description of Work
Came out on a Friday night just a few hours after I called. Temperature was 92 deg in house and rising. Technician took his time and performed a very thorough repair. Cost of repair was covered by warranty. Otherwise, 10 lbs of freon now costs around $650 + labor

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review!

06/29/2017

Herman P.

Excellent - installation was professional and fast. A problem arose a week or so after the new system was installed and on-line caused by interfacing new system with old previously condensate drain system. Aire Serv was fantastic. They responded immediately (after hours on a Sunday) and got the system corrected. They also repaired a small amount of damage caused by water backing up in the condensate line - no questions asked. They were the kind of folks you look for and want to have working with you on your A/C - I can't rate them highly enough. We will never use another a/c service company at this location . For reference this was a 2 zone system (3.5 tonne and 2.5 tonne) with new wifi enabled thermostats ( which are WONDERFUL) Now we can adjust temp from the road and have the house just right when we get home.

Description of Work
New 2 zone a/c system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!

06/19/2017

Greg S.

They were okay, just okay. I bought an advantage plan.

Description of Work
This is for the heating & air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review. We are working hard be more than okay. We look forward to having the opportunity to WOW you!

06/05/2017

David B.

They were fine. We have two air conditioners. They did fine, it was just a maintenance job. The quality was fine. We didn't have a problem. They came when they said they would, and did what they said they would. They arrived on time. They were very professional. The worker was fine, there was no problems. It took one hour to complete the job.

Description of Work
They came out to look at the air and heat and clean and everything. It was just a servicing call.

05/02/2017

Jesse S.

Needs a new zone motor. Gave me an estimate, got the wrong part the first time but did not return to install new one.

Description of Work
Checked out why there is no heat or ac upstairs.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the review! We look forward to serving you again!!

04/28/2017

Jim T.

They did a good job. We have several residences and we use them for all of them.

Description of Work
They changed out my thermostat.

03/21/2017

KATHRYN G.

in this inspection the service person found all to be well except for a surge protector on the outdoor unit he said indicated a problem. He replaced it for $130. Keep in mind this recent inspection. Today the outdoor unit went offline then back on for a few hours this afternoon and now it is offline again. I found the new surge protector literally hanging upside down by wires from the bottom on the outside unit fuse box. The fittings are far too small to secure the unit to the bottom of the fuse box, and it should not be installed upside down which allows water to enter the unit. I am currently awaiting a service to fix the outdoor AC unit and the mal-installed surge protector. Will add a review based on how that turns out. They installed our current central air system about 10 years ago. We had a lot of problems for a couple years with the system going offline for no apparent reason. They troubleshot several times, replaced the mother board I think, etc. They finally installed surge protectors and the problems seemed to finally go away. so they were persistent with proding. This weekend I was doing maintenance and found they had never glued together a portion of the pvc drain from the indoor unit. It came disconnected while I was doing unrelated maintenance nearby. So I glued it together myself. *shakes my head*

Description of Work
a routine bi-annual service and inspection.

03/20/2017

Euen W.

They honored a service discount that was in a letter I received over a month ago. I was very impressed with the Tech that came out. He knew what he was doing, did a better job cleaning the unit that anyone has ever done and provided a detailed review of the results of his tests.

Description of Work
Annual Central Air service

01/28/2017

Jim T.

Aire Serv of Fort Worth did a good job for us. We've got several residences and we use them for all of them.

Description of Work
Aire Serv of Fort Worth changed my thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for review! We look forward to serving you again!!

01/28/2017

Jim T.

Aire Serv of Fort Worth is good. They're very professional. They worked right away. They cleaned up after everything and made sure everything worked.

Description of Work
Aire Serv of Fort Worth installed three heating and air systems for us.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review! We look forward to serving you again!!

01/23/2017

Charles H.

They're just very professional. They did exactly what they were going to do when they said they were going to do it.

Description of Work
They did a general check of the unit, the air handler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review! We look forward to serving you again!

12/29/2016

Jorge M.

They technician was extremely knowledgeable and explained things clearly. He showed me the original parts and wiring that had failed and wasn't originally installed correctly. It was a little pricey, but overall I am glad the service was performed.

Description of Work
They did an a/c tuneup for two units and also replaced some defective parts and pointed out some incorrect wiring from the previous owners.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review! We look forward to serving you again.

11/23/2016

Jesse S.

Very outstanding. I grade them an A and I'll call them again. They came back a couple times to make sure everything was working right and that I had no complaints. I would recommend them for service. They're reasonable and safe I guess.

Description of Work
.I use Aire Serv of Fort Worth for heating and a/c services. Air conditioning tune up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to serving you again!

10/20/2016

Patricia M.

It went fine even though it was raining. They brought clothes to protect my carpet and wore booties. Good job.

Description of Work
Replace air/conditioner

10/17/2016

Mike R.

Two AC people came out stated the run/stop capacitor was bad. They also stated that if they changed the capacitor there was a good possibility the fan motor could go out in days or weeks and they would be back so don't blame them. I told them to just replace the cap. They were out of the replacement part but had another very good capacitor for their cost 50.-60 dollars. Told them to replace only the cap. Cost almost 200.dollars. As of 10/17/16 fan motor working months later.

Description of Work
I have used AireServ to inspect my two heating units and a house energy audit which I was pleased with. AC unit needed run stop capacitor replaced which I thought was the problem. AireServ stated no trip or service charge.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

10/04/2016

Bryan W.

The Service Tech came out and evaluated our outside compressor first. He checked the freon level, fan and fan motor. He said it appeared there was enough freon in the system and said everything seemed in good working condition but said the coils needed cleaning and quoted me a price for that. Then he checked the inside unit and said it was quite dirty inside and needed a good cleaning so he quoted me a price for that too. He said everything seemed in good working order but he asked if I would be interested in a quote for a new system and I said we were going to be moving in about 6 months and didn't want to spend too much money on it. He said it was a free estimate and there was no obligation. About two days later we got our estimate but haven't had anything done yet. Our system has been working fine but it just takes longer than we think it should to cool the house down sometimes. We are weighing our options right now.

Description of Work
No work done at this time.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thanks for the review! Please give our office a call if you would like to discuss either option. We will do our best to help you make the best decision for you.

09/27/2016

Elizabeth S.

The price is reasonable /fair. It is worth it. They've come and checked and done maintenance for a few years and when we had a current leak they fixed it, they knew what was wrong immediately. They are very respective of ones home.

Description of Work
They come out and they do maintenance each year on the a/c. We have a plan that we bought many years ago and maintenance is free

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review! We look forward to serving you again.