Mr Rooter Plumbing of Dallas

With Angi since April 2007

3.5

13616 Neutron Dr

Farmers Branch, TX 75244

At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes and leaking water heaters. You can count on an expert diagnosis from Mr. Rooter with our camera inspection tools. Then we’ll fix it right the first time, whether it takes HydroScrub® drain cleaning or trenchless pipe repair, with courteous smiles on our faces. There's a reason they call us Mr.® Call your local Mr. Rooter today. Additional phone - (817)468-0758, (817)441-6758....

11/03/2020

Liz J.

On a Saturday morning my 88 year old parents had a clogged toilet. Our normal plumber wasn’t opened. I contacted Mr Rooter. Isaac came out to my parents house, I met him there, and he charged $438.29 to remove the toilet and “fix” the clog. He then left an estimate for $23,357.87 to change the plumbing from cast iron to PVC, should we want to do that. Ten days later the clog returned. I asked Mr Rooter to return and they don’t warranty their work. Our plumber came out and found that the “band aid” Isaac did for $439.29 did nothing because the problem was elsewhere in the plumbing. I paid our plumber $1625.00 for an actual repair. At no time did Isaac indicate that what we were paying for was a $439.29 band aid and he tried to up sell the change to PVC as a suggestion, not a need. Mind you, he said holes would need to be made in the house for all of this. I’ve ask for a refund of the $439.29 to which Leah McGaughy replies quite rudely that they would not give my 88 year old parents. The absolute worst scam of a plumbing company ever. DO NOT USE THEM!!

Description of Work
Unclog a toilet

01/08/2018

Sheri D.

I live in a house built in 1940 and my sewer lines were also original, made of cast iron and clay. I was warned a few years ago that the entire line would need to be replaced, but I decided to ride it's usefulness out to the last second. Which I did, until the weekend before Christmas. My toilets wouldn't flush, so I had Mr. Rooter come out to open my lines (I've had to do this in the past due to root intrusion). Unfortunately too much of my line had collapsed and I had no choice but to replace it. I decided to use Mr. Rooter to replace my line and Moses, my technician, did a wonderful job holding my hand through the entire process and making sure the job was performed quickly, competently and to my satisfaction. We hit a few snags with rain, the holidays and waiting for the City of Dallas, but the entire job was finished by December 29 and everything is working properly. I can even run my washing machine and take a shower at the same time, something I’ve never been able to do. I would definitely recommend Mr. Rooter.

Description of Work
Replaced sewer line

05/04/2017

Kate W.

I remember having a positive experience with them. I don’t have any negative feeling towards him. They’re not the cheapest, but not the most expensive. He knew what he was doing and that was very nice to have. I give an “A” for responsiveness because a lot of times I’ve had contractors talk down to me because I’m not the man of the house. We had a microwave man who basically wouldn’t talk to me, he had to talk to my husband; and I’m like. I’m the one who is going to pay you. I would definitely use them again; the magnet is still on the refrigerator.

Description of Work
I don’t remember what the service was.

04/21/2017

j F.

Customers Beware!!!! PLEASE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKE!!!! Do not do business with this company!!!!! On a Friday morning, my wife called Mr. Rooter to fix a clogged drain in our laundry area. (She called our "regular" plumber first, but he was too busy. Because we were hosting out-of-town guests that weekend, he reminded her that a simple de-clogging could be handled by one of the "drain rooter" companies. Boy, did we learn our lesson!!!) Mr. Rooter's employee showed up, quickly looked at the drain, and said that the drain pipe was definitely clogged. He used the drain snake (auger) to unclog and was finished in about 15 minutes--a VERY routine plumbing procedure. As he was packing up his equipment, I arrived and met him in our kitchen where he presented the bill: It was for $550.17!!!!!!!! Needless to say, we could NOT believe it!! We asked him about the outrageous costs, and he gave us a very incoherent and doubtful explanation--said it took "special equipment," the flat-rate pricing is set by his company, etc. So, we asked him to confirm the price with the central office/dispatcher. He became angry and very belligerent at that point, and said there was no use talking with the dispatcher because HE (the apprentice plumber) was the owner and she worked for him!!!! (Obviously, not true.) At that point, we tried to keep him calm, but we felt very threatened by his aggressive gestures/language. This "negotiation" continued for almost 30 minutes. We finally called Arlington PD because we were concerned for our safety. They told us to go ahead and make payment (via phone) and then dispute the charges later which we will definitely do!!!

Description of Work
Unclog drain in laundry room

Category drain cleaning

02/17/2016

jeff M.

In August major leak in front yard, neighbor called me to inform that water was running down the street. Mr Rooter came back and repaired leak, warranty call back. Leak from check out valve to irrigation system. Repaired completed August 20. On September 6, 2015, leak re-surfaced. Mr Rooter came out and essentially re-did, ripped apart plumbing from check out valve to irrigation system. Leaked eventually fixed. Noticed late November leaked again in front yard. Called the city, they came out and confirmed leak not on their side. Thought will all the on/off of main water. city valve may have gone bad. Called Mr Rooter on 12/15 to report leak. Called Mr Rooter on 12/21, again on leak. Called Mr Rooter on 12/22, and was informed that they are backing out of fixing leak. Called back on 12/24, requesting to take with someone in management, return call from Mr. Rooter was never received. Quoting verbatim, Mr. Rooter repair receipt from September 9th "Warranty call back on self #455. Repaired twice still under warranty. If problem continues will have supervisor out to see if sprinkler company is needed"

Description of Work
Replace waterline from meter at curb to the house, had front yard water leak location could not be identified. Mr Rooter installed new water line, work completed on February 9, 2015.

Category plumbing,water softeners

08/20/2014

Julie H.

I had the absolute best experience with Mr. Rooter. It was thunder and lightning, and lots of rain, and my back patio area was flooded, so I got out in the midst of the rain, and dug a trench. I figured what the problem was and I asked the Rooter people to come and see what they can do. They showed up, very professional, they gave me an estimate, and as it turns out my crude fix was good. They asked me for anything else, and I asked them about my slow draining system. They said I could do this and this, or they could do it for me. They come out, and their estimates are free. They didn't do anything that I paid for. He just gave me his guidance. He was very professional, he had this mat at the door, and he had his little booties on when he was going in and out of the house. He was very polite. You don't pay overtime even on a weekend, you just pay the straight rate. There was really nothing that they could do, in the rain, and I had taken care of it with a ditch, they just checked a couple other things for me.

07/26/2014

J J.

Abel and Larry were prompt in their arrival. As a matter of fact they were a little early. A first in my experience! They wore booties over their shoes and put down a mat at the entrance of my door to keep any messes out of the house. We had already called around and had a couple of estimate visits that were hard sell scare tactic visits. Very unpleasant and unprofessional. Immediately, the other companies were quoting camera search of the lines, collapsed pipes and tree roots in the pipes. WE ONLY NEEDED A DRAIN CLEAN OUT!!! Abel and Larry of Mr. Rooter were a pleasant change of pace from the others! They explained to us that they could do a line clean out from outside the house. That they didn't need to go in through the toilets. They gave us a quote for what they believed it would take to correct the problem. We agreed to the quote and they began their work immediately. After they did the drain clean out, they did a camera inspection of the line (letting us watch it all on the viewing screen) for free. They explained everything they were doing as they went along. It took them less than an hour from their arrival until they were completely packed up and gone. They did it all without tearing up my bushes and flowers in the front yard and without getting anything dirty. They were professional and pleasant to work with. I'd definitely use them again and would ask for these two guys by name.

Description of Work
We had our shower and toilets back up when we would run the washing machine. It would slowly drain but overflow again next time we ran the washing machine or flushed the toilet.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

10/11/2013

Michael L.

We had a leak in a valve and hose at our toilet. We called Mr Rooter and asked them to do the work first thing the next morning. They indicated on this call that there would be a $70 call out fee if the work was not done during the call. (That should have been the BIG RED LIGHT) The plumber arrived promptly in a big cargo van with fancy painted sides (second BIG RED LIGHT). He was very polite and took a quick look at the work to be done, and then drew up an invoice for $248.01, as well as what looked like a $99 membership or warranty fee. I asked what the cost of the materials for the repair would be, and he replied that it was less than $20. When I asked why their labor would be more than $225 for the job, he responded by saying this is what plumbing cost, and they were a large company with overheads etc etc. I asked how long the job would take at that rate and he said 60 to 90 minutes. I refused the invoice and said I would rather pay the call out fee. He left to what I assumed was the call out invoice, but returned offering a reduced price of $193.08. I deemed this better value for 60 to 90 mins work, so accepted the new invoice. He started the work and was finished less than 15 mins later. I asked why it took only 15 mins and not at least 60 mins, and he responded that he was a skilled worker. I paid him and told him that I would be writing a review that shows others what to expect from Mr Rooter. If $195 for 15 mins work and for parts costing less than $20 is the norm for large plumbing companies, then I for one ( and I recommend you too) will be searching out the one man operator who charges a fair dollar for the work required.

Description of Work
Replace a valve and hose only

08/29/2013

PAUL M.

They were good and showed up in the timeframe they said they would be here. He told me what to do when my bathroom flooded. He did as much as he could to get the water out of the bathroom and did everything in a reasonable time.

Description of Work
They cleared some clogged pipes.

06/26/2013

Tim A.

It was all good. They came and did what they were supposed to do. This particular guy that came out seemed to be okay. He quoted the price and then he found that some little thing was broke and he didn't even charge us to replace it. The plumbing was backed up. I think it they were a little bit late coming out.

Description of Work
We did use Mr Rooter Plumbing Of Fort Worth on May 12th, on the weekend.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Advantage Drainage

What sets Advantage Drainage apart? We solely provide drain service and have made it our specialty for the last 37+ years. Drainage is an unregulated business, this means that anyone— landscapers, plumbers, or sprinkler companies— can put a pipe in the ground and call it drainage. This becomes risky for the consumer. However, Advantage Drainage customers throughout Dallas and Fort Worth, know that our drain solutions stand apart as time-tested and proven. A large percentage of our business consists of redoing drainage work attempted by landscapers and sprinkler companies. Save yourself time, money, and frustration by contacting our team of experts to do the job right the first time. Advantage Drainage solutions integrate multiple layers of protection to stop flooding now and in the future. We have the specialized tools and equipment to deal with North Texas soils. We can access hard to reach areas— below ground level, preconstruction sites, underneath landscapes or buildings— to stop basement flooding, standing water, blocked drainage, etc., at its source. Our combination of experience, ingenuity, and specialized training cannot be beat. Let Advantage Drainage help you today! Please provide your phone number and address in the message center for the fastest response. Thank you!

Water Bionics

We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We have many years of experience to give you confidence that we are your number one choice for your next home project. You will find us to be competitively priced with close attention to the details. We look forward to building a lasting relationship and guarantee your satisfaction!

Plumber Near Me DFW

Plumbing service you can depend on to get the job done right, the first time. We are family owned and operated and have been providing plumbing service, leak detection, drain cleaning and many other plumbing services for over 20 years. We offer fast, professional, and affordable plumbing repairs that you can trust. We are always ready to answer your questions or address your concerns. We have built our reputation on our commitment to providing quality plumbing service with affordable prices. No plumbing project is too large or too small for our team. We will find the most efficient and effective solution for whatever plumbing issue you are experiencing.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Full plumbing- backflow prevention, sinks, bathtubs & showers, drain pipes, faucets, floor drains, garbage disposals, gas & gas vents, grease traps, hydroscrub, laundry centers, pipe repair, septic tanks, sewer lines, toilets, tree roots removed, trenchless repairs, video inspections, washer lines, water heaters; maintenance products- auto-injection system, biochoicees, bowl & urinal cleaners, degreaser & root control systems.