J Bell Services

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2019

What started off as a holiday lighting company in 2008, has now morphed into one of the leading irrigation and lighting companies in the Dallas – Fort Worth metro-plex. We provide sprinkler installation and repair services, landscape lighting services, French drainage services, and Holiday lighting services for both residential and commercial clients. We pride ourselves on being fair and upfront about our pricing and provide a level of service that just cannot be matched. As a J Bell client, you are not just a client, you are family. As family, we you can always count on us to provide you with the following: -Prompt Service -Clear Pricing -Excellent Communication -Professional Workmanship If you’ve tried the rest, now it’s time to try the best! Give J bell Services a call today! ...

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

A Service Provider's profile image

+34 more images

landscape lighting202175225
This is an excellent example of an "All Out" landscape lighting package!
Landscape Lighting 2021 project

landscape lighting

202175225
French Drain Installation 2021 project
French Drain Installation 2021

drain pipe installation

202175024

4.2

landscape lighting (11)irrigation system (7)holiday decorating (4)lighting (1)drain pipe installation (5)lawn & landscaping (5)rototilling (2)lawn care (1)concrete driveways (1)

03/20/2021

Jody T.

I called J Bell Services out to find and fix sprinkler issues resulting from the recent freeze. They did a brief assessment of the system and reported several heads needed to be replaced. The estimate was between $150 and $200,; but the actual costs would be based on actual labor time and parts. The final bill came to $329.90; $190 for 2 hours labor; plus an additional $130 in parts. My issue is that the parts they charged me $130 for have a total retail cost of $14.61 at Lowes. This means they marked the costs of the parts up almost 900%. When I later challenged this, (as the normal contractor markup on parts is between 50% tp 100%). I was told that this was absolutely nonnegotiable. Having owned my home for over 20 years, I know what to expect for normal parts markups and this is completely unacceptable. I feel this is a total ripoff and will not use this company again or recommend them top anyone.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, misting systems

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

Review for J Bell Services - 12900 Valley Branch Ln, Farmers Branch, TX - 39258834

03/02/2021

Jim S.

They were very prompt in their response to my initial call call and gave me an appointment for the next day, Isaias and Juan showed up on time and were courteous and efficient. They did exactly what I requested, and were up front on costing. They clearly knew what they were doing and did the job well. J Bell's pricing by the hour for labor and costing for materials allowed me flexibility on what I wanted done to get my best value for my money. Very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair, reconfiguration and adjustment

Category concrete driveways, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

12/07/2020

Paul M.

J Bell Services has done our Holiday Lighting twice now. Their prices are competitive and their services are professional and friendly. They showed up on time, did a beautiful job on the installation of the lighting. Got a lot of compliments from our neighbors. Last year when there was a bulb out, they came right out and changed it. There was no delays. We are very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Holiday lighting

Category holiday decorators, drain pipe

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

12/01/2020

Eliza B.

After using this company for tree lights at my business and landscape lights at my home, and at a premium price, I’ve been having a couple of issues at both locations. I’ve been calling Miriam for the last 9 months, leaving messages, but no response. You’d think I was looking for something go free, just the chance to discuss. Totally unprofessional .

Description of Work
Tree lights and landscape lights.

Category holiday decorators, drain pipe, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

08/18/2020

gin E.

Absolutely PERFECT! Extremely reasonable price for the amount of work performed. Will definitely be calling with any further issues, although with the thorough inspection of our system I doubt there will be any. Tony was professional and friendly. Great guy.

Description of Work
Sprinkle System Repairs. Various.

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

07/26/2020

Regina H.

Tony and Alex were amazing! They were spot on to find the problems and made the necessary corrections to the many problems. Both worked hard, in the heat, all day until the job was done. They made sure to walk through the entire system, all sections one-by-one until I was satisfied with the pressure and the overall water coverage. I highly recommend the team of Tony and Alex as both was personable, friendly, and professional!

Description of Work
Sprinkler system repair; replace multiple heads; electrical wiring not working so needed to run new wires; pressure low so needed new irrigation double-check

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

07/05/2020

Libby F.

He did an excellent job. Was so friendly and professional and explained everything he was doing. Also got a new panel box and took his time to explain to me how to work it. Would definitely recommend this company!

Description of Work
Had a leak at one of the sprinkler head, needed new heads, replaced a few values and wires.

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/04/2020

06/24/2020

Kimmy R.

Isaiah takes real pride in his work and did a great job. My sprinkler system was installed before I purchased my house but didn't function at all. Isaiah went the distance to rewire, repair and replace. He made recommendations for maintenance and walked me through the work he did . I saw what lengths he went to for even coverage in both the front and back yards. Isaiah and his team did a lot of work on an old sprinkler installation for a fair price. I will definitely call J Bell Services again for future landscaping and lighting work.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback it was a pleasure to do business with you! Hopefully, we’ll meet again.

05/29/2020

Pernell G.

Extremely Professional, knowledgeable, and detailed. I would strongly recommend their services.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Please keep us in mind for your future projects.

05/20/2020

Debra B.

Good! Very professional and competent.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

04/15/2020

Linda W.

The yard was a mess when I bought my house. J Bell worked very hard to clean up the mess, lay new sod and prepare my gardening area. What a difference they made. And I am thrilled.

Description of Work
Landscaping Job and French Drain

Category landscaping, rototilling

Work Completed On 03/21/2020

Thank you very much for such a positive review, we really really appreciate it.

04/01/2020

Nora S.

Excellent, Isiah G. Is courtesy and very professional. He is very meticulous in his work ethics. I would recommend using J. Bell Dervices.

Description of Work
Sprinkler valve

Category irrigation systems, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 03/27/2020

Thank you very much for your positive feedback Mrs. [Member Name Removed], we're looking forward to working with you in the future.

03/12/2020

Lonny W.

JBell services is outstanding! I called on Monday and owner Miriam came to my house within a few hours to give me a quote. The price was very reasonable. Next day Tony Mendoza came for preparation, he was very professional and polite! On Wed by noon, Isaiah and Jose came out and installed the grass. They went above and beyond, even checked and fixed any broken sprinklers to make sure everything was perfect. Job well done. I highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Sod Installation

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

Thank you very much for such a positive review, we really appreciate it and look forward to working with again in the future.

02/09/2020

Juan T.

I am totally satisfied had a tough time finding zone valve for my sprinkler system and Isaiah Garcia was very prompt and patient and was able to stay with it and find the problem valve. It was a tremendous relief to get it done and at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Locating and repairing zone valve

Category irrigation systems, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for the feedback. We're very transparent and fair with our pricing.

01/14/2020

Kathryne H.

J Bell did a very nice job setting up our Christmas lights. I found them to be very responsive to emails and calls.

Description of Work
Christmas Lighting

Category holiday decorators

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback Mrs. [Member Name Removed], we look forward to working with you again.

12/17/2019

tim S.

They were fast and did quality work

Description of Work
Christmas Lighting

Category holiday decorators

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

Our priority is to keep our customers happy, please let us know if we can help in the future.

08/26/2019

art P.

JBell services was outstanding! I had my house irrigation system checked and brought up to code. Their technician, Isaiah, is a very knowledgeable, polite & hard working young man. Was in time every day. He reviewed his daily tasks with me and stayed till he finished them! The owner Mariam, has very professional attitude and easy to work with. I highly recommend them for your irrigation needs!

Description of Work
Home Irrigation System

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

Thank you for such a positive review!! We are happy that you are satisfied with our job, please let us know if we can help you in the future.

08/02/2019

David H.

They responded quickly, were on time for our appointments, and completed the job on time.

Description of Work
N/A

Category landscaping, rototilling

Work Completed On 03/19/2019

Thank you for the feedback, we try to do the best we can to keep our clients happy!

08/07/2017

Cynthia Y.

It went great. We got the look we wanted and the service and attention was wonderful.

Description of Work
We had landscaping lighting installed. Price was very reasonable. The installation was quick and easy.

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

Thank you for your business Mrs. [Member Name Removed]

07/06/2017

Brian B.

I was very pleased with their customer service and installation process. They hid the wires pretty well. They did moonlighting on 2 trees and on the front of the house.

Description of Work
Landscape lighting

06/30/2017

Lea Z.

Quick to respond and installed within 2 days.

Description of Work
Landscape lighting in front of the house

06/30/2017

Lisa M.

They did a great job in helping me design the lighting layout and were quick and professional with the installation. I'm very impressed with the outcome. Their site showed Christmas lighting too, so I'll be looking into that this year.

Description of Work
Landscape lighting- front and backyard.