Work Environmental Systems Inc

Texas: General
07/29/2023

2321 Fort Worth Dr

Denton, TX 76205

Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning and Heating. Locally owned and operated since 1969. Repair, Replace, New Installation, System Design, Load Calculation, Duct Design, etc... We repair all brands and install Trane and Daikin. Best of Denton Winner (Air Conditioning & Heating) 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. Angie's List Super Service Award winner 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016...

HVAC Companies (70)

07/24/2019

Chris R.

We called Work Environmental for a second opinion, we had another company come to fix our air conditioner, after two failed attempts at repair they said the unit needed to be replaced. I called Work Environmental, they sent Dave out and in 5 minutes he knew what the problem was and repaired the system. This company is professional and very knowledgable and saved me from a new system and incompetent company. I have recommended them to all my friends,

Description of Work
Air conditioner repair

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

07/09/2018

Mary T.

Called on Monday. Tech was supposed to come out on Thursday. Called company at 5:00pm Thursday and was told they may still make it. Didn't work for me as I had to leave. Scheduled for Friday morning. By 12:30pm nothing. Called. Was told later in the day. Showed up on Saturday morning. Wasn't too concerned as I know this is a busy time of year. On Saturday, the tech cleaned unit and it seemed better for a few days. Then seemed to be failing again. Called to discuss and the man with whom I spoke spent several minutes on the phone reviewing the issue. He was very professional and I was pleased that he took the time to review the issue. Scheduled a visit for Thursday to recheck. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday came an went with no show and no call. Apparently they lost the appointment. Discussed it with someone on the phone and his response was that it wasn't for a specific time. I would think that if it was for Thursday, it would occur on Thursday during what would be considered normal hours for this type of thing. I have wasted time with this and it ould have been avoided by simple, courteous communication.

Description of Work
Check heat pump which was not cooling.

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

08/24/2017

IAN B.

I'd give them an "A" overall and across the board, except for quality, only time will tell. At this point I'd recommend them to family and friends. We had 2 guys out to replace the unit. The communication was very good.

Description of Work
Installation of heating and a/c system.

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

07/11/2017

Garland K.

Well, nothing needed to be done. They just checked freon and cleaned it, cleaned the outside unit, looked at the inside unit and stuff like that. They're installing a new air conditioning while the handy man is fixing the floor that's underneath the A/C now.

Description of Work
Just an annual check up on the A/C.

Work Completed On 07/11/2016

03/03/2017

Sheila K.

I'm continuing with them. They serviced the air conditioner and furnace a couple of times, and I'm pleased with them.

Description of Work
They inspected the furnace.

Work Completed On 10/31/2016

12/05/2016

Dennis M.

I've always been very pleased with them. He did find the problem with the venting, that he was able to fix without an extra cost.

Description of Work
They do general checkup and servicing.

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

10/25/2016

Marisha T.

Excellent - they even found a major gas leak in the furnace that could have been lethal to my family.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC

Work Completed On 09/22/2016

Review for Work Environmental Systems Inc - 2321 Fort Worth Dr, Denton, TX - 33779185

10/07/2016

Sheila K.

It was great. They were prompt, honest, efficient, and answered any questions I had. They taught me how to hose off the air conditioner. I am going to have them come back to service my heating system.

Description of Work
They serviced my air conditioner.

Work Completed On 08/17/2016

09/16/2016

Cherie C.

Problem solved. Great job, fast work, friendly polite representative.

Description of Work
A/C was leaking condensation and causing water to flood into the bedroom. Work Environment Systems came out and solved the problem. Unclogged the p-trap and put in a new piece of pipe to ensure that the drain was sealed properly. Great job, fast work, friendly polite representative.

Work Completed On 08/18/2016

09/16/2016

Cherie C.

They were very responsive. They came out and completed the work in a few hours. A previous contractor recommended replacing the unit. Work Environment Systems repaired it and saved me thousands of dollars. They are on my list of preferred contractors.

Description of Work
Repair A/C

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

10/26/2015

Brennan D.

I had prior estimates that were similar in price, but the person i spoke with over the phone was not pushy and was very knowledgable. I knew what needed to be fixed ahead of time, and after explaining the issue he agreed that that the coil / drip pan was the issue, though never tried to sell me on it or other services i did not need- which i really appreciate. We set a date they arrived early and were very friendly and enjoyable to talk with and got right to work. They did a fantastic job and I really appreciate the service they provided. Thanks BD

Description of Work
Replace Coil on a 2.5 Ton unit

Work Completed On 10/26/2015

09/24/2015

Mary Lynn B.

Prompt; knowledgeable; thorough; nice; Got the jobs done and the results are fantastic.

Description of Work
change ac coil; change TX valve converted to R-22; re routed the air return on small unit.

Work Completed On 09/17/2015

08/20/2015

Ellen S.

The system was performing poorly and very very dirty due to neglect. We really thought we were going to have to replace it. Dave came out to give us an estimate (which he did) but he also gave us some invaluable pointers, and suggested we might consider cleaning the system instead. TJ did the actual work. I didn't get the name of the gentlemen who assisted but both were professional courteous and got the job done very quickly. I wish I had taken a photo of the ick that came out of the coil. So a giant THANK YOU to Dave and TJ and all the folks at Work Environmental. You are my "go to" number when I need HVAC service and this is exactly why.

Description of Work
Removed the attic coil and blower fan (which means discharging and recharging the entire system), cleaned both, reinstalled, and installed water safety switches.

Work Completed On 08/04/2015

06/13/2015

Lisa G.

I made an appointment a week in advance for the afternoon and was told someone would call on their way. I wasted my entire day off waiting for these guys and they couldn't at least call and let me know they weren't coming. I called around 4pm and asked if they were planning on coming out. The receptionist said I was "on the board" and wouldn't give any other information.

Description of Work
No-Show

Work Completed On 06/12/2015

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but we do not have anyone with your name in our system and a service address is not listed for me to look up. If you can provide the service address or the name used to schedule the service call, I will investigate it.

05/30/2015

Murray R.

I've called Work Environmental a few times in the past, and have always had prompt and helpful service. This time was no exception. I was not in a hurry for my heat pump fix because temperatures have been cool, but David from Work Environmental came out the same day as my call. He diagnosed the problem and provided the needed refrigerant, and all is working well. So far all of my calls have been for fairly minor fixes, and each time Work Environmental has diagnosed the minor issue correctly. I'm impressed that they have never tried to up-sell me into something more expensive, although I'm sure a major repair/replacement will be needed sometime soon. They've done their job well and fairly, and they have my trust.

Description of Work
Recharged refrigerant in heat pump.

Work Completed On 05/22/2015

11/26/2014

PETER L.

I had a good recommendation from a neighbor. I am really happy with them. They are very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Work Environmental Systems came out and did a seasonal maintenance for me.

Work Completed On 05/26/2014

05/14/2014

Edra B.

Since then they have always been on time, cleaned,up, very pleasant, and reasonable price.

Description of Work
They have taken care of our air condition and heating work since I bought this house.

Work Completed On 05/13/2014

02/02/2014

Pamela S.

Provided great tips regarding filter usage.

Description of Work
Cleared line that was creating condensation and dripping into Pam beneath HVAC unit.

Work Completed On 01/02/2014

01/24/2014

Rebekah G.

The price for the high end equipment was lower than the competitors low end. The owner came to the initial meeting. He was very informative, I was told how to get a city rebate and was not pushy. The two workmen who came were very good, cleaned up the mess and did everything in a day. Good company.

Description of Work
I had to get a new heat pump.

Work Completed On 01/02/2014

01/21/2014

RISHAV B.

David from WE came out and inspected my Unit and advised that it doesn't need to be replaced but TXV pump and the Zone board needed to be replaced. I ended up needing one of the inside pump to be replaced as well, however my Unit started to work just fine. After the repair.||I really liked WE's principle that they are there to repair the system and not to try to sell a new unit. They send me an invoice only after the completion of repair. ||They are very knowledgeable and did a proper diagnosis of what was wrong with my Unit. I'm glad I've found WE and I would always use them if I ever have any issue with my HVAC unit again. ||Thank you WE.

Description of Work
I called WE when the Company that I've been using for the last few years (and had been screwing me up) gave me a quote of upward of 10K to replace the whole system when my house is 7 years old.

Work Completed On 01/11/2014

01/11/2014

Jeff P.

The coldest temps N. Texas has had in four years and my furnace was blowing cold air. I called them at 10:30 AM; the technician called me at 3 PM to tell me he was on the way. He arrived at 3:30, took care of the problem, and was gone at 3:45. I've had building maintenance experience, so I was able to describe what was happening. He, in turn, was good enough to show me what my problem really was, took care of it, and moved on. These are the kind of people that other service providers can learn from.

Description of Work
Furnace serviced.

Work Completed On 01/06/2014

01/08/2014

Kyle G.

I have dealt with David, TJ, and crew for several years now. They have installed 2 AC units at my primary home, installed 1 ac unit and furnace at another home, and installed a furnace upstairs. The long and short of it is I am a landlord who needs good service and a Quality product. David is a character who is a straight shooter...haha. "no time for cheapskates"...Yes..I don't have time for Cheap (bad quality) either, and trust me Work Environmental sells Trane, the very best unit on the market bar none. Quality Product Quality Service at a Fair Price = Happy Customer. I will use them again.

Description of Work
INSTALL A NEW 18 SEER AC AND FURNACE

Work Completed On 09/18/2013

11/21/2013

Lora W.

Work Environmental was great! They were courteous, expedient, and took their time with me while giving me my quote. They gave me the time I needed, so that I did not feel rushed and hurried. They were professional and the price was very reasonable, and gave me great ideas to solve my unique problem within my budget. I will most likely be using them to fix my HVAC.

Description of Work
I had Work Environmental to give me a quote for my HVAC as it was not working properly.