Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc.

Founded 2001 • With Angi since September 2009

6801 S I-35E

Denton, TX 76210

We are a Dallas based landscape and irrigation company established in 2001. With over 50 years of experience, we take great pride in offering our clients exceptional quality at a competitive price. Our #1 goal is to insure that you are happy with your investment for years after the work is completed. We offer a wide range of options and services specializing in residential landscape, hardscape, and irrigation projects. Backed by years of satisfied customers and experience, you will be happy that you chose Stenson Landscaping for your project. **Currently due to staffing we are only doing estimates on projects of $5,000 or more **...

03/08/2021

Ann S.

Stenson Landscaping did an outstanding job on a complicated project in my front yard. I was looking to have the following done: 1) repair all existing stone landscaping walls (which were in bad shape); 2) demo the old front walkway and pour a new one with a different pattern of stairs; 3) build stone retaining walls down the sides of the front walkway and across much of the front of the yard, and have those walls match the existing stonework; 4) fill behind the walls with gravel and filter fabric for drainage and fill dirt for planting; 5) update all irrigation to the new layout and ground level, including installing drip irrigation lines for future planter bowls. Stenson did an outstanding job at the project. They worked to detailed specifications and designs that I provided them, and were open to feedback and willing to make changes on the fly as needed. The stonemasonry in particular is outstanding - the walls are very solid, built with rebar and concrete footers, and really look incredible. The change in the look of my front yard is night and day. I'm thrilled with the outcome of the project and would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
Build new retaining walls, repair existing stonework, pour new front walkway, update irrigation, provide fill dirt/gravel for drainage

Category concrete repair,landscaping,irrigation systems,masonry,mulch,pavers, gravel,drain pipe

06/23/2020

Rosario B.

Sent three emails to Stenson, no one contacted me after the first contact. I followed up and asked them to call me with an upcoming appointment. I guess that they have more than enough business and don't need mine. Sorry, I will not use Angie's list in the future if I cannot get people to respond to my second email and third.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair and annual inspection of entire system

Category irrigation systems

07/18/2019

Misty J.

I have never heard from them or received any response or estimate.

Description of Work
I have never heard from them or received and estimate.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

04/02/2019

Dale S.

Matt came over to review the project and was very personable and professional. He promised a proposal within a few days. I have had to follow up three times for the proposal and have yet to see one and it's been three weeks. I thought Stenton valued my business opportunity. Other landscapers have followed up with proposals as promised so this is a no brainer.

Description of Work
Landscaping install and maintenance

Category landscaping,lawn service

Hi [Member Name Removed], We sent your maintenance proposal to you on Saturday. It doesn’t sound like you received it. I apologize that it took a little longer than anticipated to get you the proposal. We have been busier than ever this year and we’re doing our very best to keep up with proposals/estimates and to get them back out in a timely manner. Again, I apologize for the delay and I hope you’d reconsider the F, especially since we didn’t perform any work for you. Sincerely, Matt Stenson

02/07/2019

TIM H.

Matt, Travis and their crew did a great job on our project. They worked with us on a design to match our vision and budget and then fine-tuned that on-site to make sure the end result was something we would be happy with and they could be proud for others to know they had done.

Description of Work
Backyard update

Category landscaping

01/29/2019

Don B.

Overall pleased with the work, looks good finished in two days and price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Replac d all front flowerbeds and removed a tree

Category landscaping,mulch,tree service

01/21/2019

Johanna R.

We were looking for an all-inclusive landscaping company to completely redo our backyard, which had been a muddy, poorly graded safety hazard for nearly a year following concrete removal and extensive sewer work in early 2018. Among those I contacted to get an estimate for the work, Matt was the quickest to schedule an appointment, and he returned a detailed estimate to me in less than a week. His original price was a little higher than we could afford, but he was willing to work within our budget so he altered/deleted a few items to meet our financial needs. Even so, his estimates for all aspects of the project were exceptionally reasonable and he was one of the few who treated the job as something worth his time (most others gave me the impression that it was a 'small job' and not one they wanted or needed). While there were a few unexpected interruptions due to poor weather, the crews were able to complete the job in a timely manner, which was certainly impressive. However, what impressed me most was the dedication and care they put into their work. For example, they took nearly 5 full days to prep the ground, install the underlayment, and place the pavers for our brand new travertine patio, which is both stunning to look at and practical all at the same time. We have had countless positive comments from neighbors and friends with several people asking for Matt's information so they can have the same kind of patio installed in their yards. Furthermore, Matt and his crew were exceptionally considerate of my requests as the job progressed, making adjustments along the way to meet my expectations. Those who saw the yard before the crews started their work are simply amazed by the transformation. I cannot say enough good things about this company and highly recommend them for any landscaping project!

Description of Work
yard regrading, patio installation, irrigation, fence installation, flower bed border stone work, sod installation

Category fencing,landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

10/10/2018

Kenneth M.

Everything went in accordance with our agreement. I had an issue with the color variance between the old and new mortar and a Supervisor came out to apply dirt to blend colors; this was at no additional charge. I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Brick wall needed repairs and replacement bricks and the foundation needed minor mortar repairs.

Category landscaping,masonry

09/18/2018

Dorothy H.

Good. Came when expected. Delayed only because of rain.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system, plant and tree removal

Category hauling services,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,tree service

08/06/2018

Lionel G.

In every dimension they wildly exceeded my greatest expectations. The stone work was perfection. They trenched and set each stone in concrete and then applied the mortar. After the mortar had set up they hand brushed and smoothed each joint. They had come by the week befor and killed all the grass. They removed the grass, added top soil and tilled it in. They sought my input on plant location and made sure I was satisfied and installed 2-3 inches of mulch when done. As for the Palram polycarbonate roof on my patio the installation was highly detailed and the toughest part was trimming the 45 foot curved edge. Travis said this was his 40th install but his toughest challenge finishing out the curved edge. All I can say is he nailed it. He even went back and hand trimmed the edge in order to remove the flashing leaving a perfect edge. Once he was done he water tested the roof to ensure there were no leaks. Nine years earlier they had installed a stone & boulder landscaing along the front of my house. Over time some of the mortar joints had cracked. They removed the cracked mortar and reploaced it at no additional charge. This is a company that takes pride in their work and it shows in everything they do from design, to installation to clean up. They covered details I would not have even thouht to address. I didn't take roofing pictures or the front stone work but it turned out great. Three of my neighbors were so impressed they are getting bids for their yards.

Description of Work
I had over 100 feet of mossy rock border installed alog my back fence and an oversized landscaped slab stone walkway installed from my gate to my patio. This entailed adding a new zone and modifying existing zones and planting three trees and 75 new plants and decorative grasses. They also installed a retaining wal/tree ring around a maple tree in my front yard. I also had them replace the polycarbonate roof on my patio arbor which was damaged by a hail storm.

Category decks,landscaping,irrigation systems,masonry,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios,outdoor kitchens

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

Dallas Night Lights LLC

At Dallas night Lights we are full service decorative lighting service. We are expert designers in decorative lighting and can install on nearly any surface or property. All products are minimally invasive and we only use high efficient LED bulbs Our Landscape Lighting components, and installations come with a LIFETIME Warranty. We also have the ability to install a smart network that will allow all lighting components to be controlled from your phone or tablet. In addition we have color changing abilities for our lighting designs all controlled by the same app. Our services don't end there. We also offer interior decorative lighting, Holiday Lighting, and Permanent Holiday Lighting installations

Offers by Dallas Night Lights LLC on Angi
    Creative Nightscapes Outdoor Lighting

We are a full service outdoor lighting company. We specialize in the design and installation of LED outdoor lighting for homes, landscape, arbors, trees, fountains. We also convert high voltage lights to LED to save money on lamp replacement and electrical cost.

Offers by Creative Nightscapes Outdoor Lighting on Angi

LI0008706
    Texas
    Texas: Environment
    06/30/2024
    MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc.

How is Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. overall rated?

Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. open?

Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. provide

Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover

Does Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc.?

Yes, Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offer?

Stenson Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. offers the following services: Landscape Design & Installation. Irrigation. Stone Flower Bed Borders. Flagstone Patios & Walkways. Retaining Walls. Built-In Grills, Kitchens, Outdoor Living Areas. Drainage. Tree Trimming & Removal Services. Maintenance. Landscape Lighting.