SMITTY'S FLOOR COVERING

Founded 1958 • With Angi since July 2010

3.9

1815 N ELM ST

Denton, TX 76201

Family Owned and Operated Since 1958....

08/12/2017

Lindsay B.

Horribly: - Several tiles cracked within days of installation. - Installers scratched up the new tile moving the appliances back in. - They tracked cement all over my wood floors and left it for me to deal with. - I had to follow up more than once to get them to come back out to fix all the problems. - I asked to be reimbursed for the non-reusable transition reducers that didn’t properly fit and had to be removed to fix the cracked tiles anyway. That request wasn’t initially a problem, but I had to follow up a second time for my refund. They sent the refund with no questions asked, but it was accompanied by a snarky and condescending note about how the reducers weren’t refundable. See that note in the photos. That was the company’s problem since the reducers had to be removed to fix the problems with the sub-par installation. -Tiles have cracked again since they came back out the last time, but I'm finished dealing with them, after that condescending note. Photo proof uploaded. They would have to offer completely free services to get me to even begin to consider using them again, and even then, it would be a hard sell.

Description of Work
CVT flooring in my kitchen

01/03/2017

Michael V.

It went okay. We decided to pay more for the smaller more experienced "professionals" and while for the most part our floors look great there were issues. The crew that was brought in were very friendly but they seemed more concerned with hurrying up to go drink rather than performing a quality job. When defects were pointed out during the work they were quick to agree and fix the mistake but that required us to constantly monitor their quality. When the job was finished (about 5 days) we had to call them back out to fix some planks that were cut to short and hidden behind our curtains/couch/closet doors and wide gaps (1/16"- 1/32") which don't sound like much until they are trapping dirt and debris after only a day or two. The planks that were cut short were fixed but most of the gaps were not repaired instead they chose to fill them with wood filler. This seemed acceptable, although odd, at the time however most of the filler has been removed and the gaps have been re-exposed. We love our floors and we have received many compliments but we did not like the pricing games, the unprofessional (although very friendly) crew, and the lack of commitment to delivery the quality product we were promised. I have let a year pass to see if time would heal the wounds but they have not and so now I am leaving this review. If we could do it all over again, we would have chosen CW Floors & Lighting (Formerly Denton Lighting and Floors) at a similar price point or Nebraska Furniture Mart at a third of the cost!!!!

Description of Work
2000 sq ft of floors, mixed between vinyl plank and carpet. new baseboards throughout.

03/31/2015

Jerri H.

I got samples. Decided on one sample. They came out to measure. I was emailed a quote. The quote was about $1600 more than I figured. I talked to them and we decided to delete my bathroom and utility room which should have brought down the price. I asked for a second quote to be emailed to me. I wasn't rude and they weren't rude. It was just business. I hadn't heard from them by end of day so I contacted them. I was told that one member of the company was suppose to have emailed me but he hadn't. I asked if they new when I would get the second quote. They replied " I have no clue ". I've not heard from them since. I waited almost a week. I then went with Simmons Floor Coverings. I will be posting my review here next week. But so far Simmons ( Larry ) has been AWESOME!

Description of Work
Well, nothing. I never heard back from them.

12/05/2014

Mary D.

Excellent job! The tile men are perfectionists, and tore out the builder's shower bench as it was wider on 1 side that the other. Did not charge me for this, as they wanted their work to look perfect. I would highly recommend them as they are honest and do excellent work.

Description of Work
They installed tile flooring in the bathrooms, utility, and kitchen. Also installed tile inside the shower and bathtub areas.

06/18/2014

Craig S.

Provider showed up right on time. Did the work, which was clean four bedroom carpets, and one living area. Also cleaned all associated closets to the bedrooms and I asked about a large area rug and he did that for just ten bucks more. Let me come in and move furniture around so as to get all the carpet in each room. I did have 2 stains he tried to get up to no avail. Good job overall.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets.

05/31/2013

STEPHEN G.

Rick is very easy to work with compared to the big stores like Home Depot or Lowes. You can call him in the morning and there is a pretty good chance you'll have a bid by the end of the day. Plus you don't have to be there, if you have a lock box, he can let himself in. After looking over the bid they e-mailed to me, I called Rick to see whether I should replace all or half of the carpet. He told me he thought it would clean up well and suggested that with it being a rental property, I shouldn't replace any of it even though he would make more money doing so. I took his suggestion. They cleaned four rooms for about $153 before tax. I don't think Rick is the cheapest based on his previous bid but he's very easy to work with and won't try to oversell you on something you don't need. He saved me a couple thousand dollars by cleaning vs. replacing and I've already had a tenant prospect look it over and want to rent it from me so I think we did the right thing. Thanks

Description of Work
Bid to replace carpet in rental, after some discussion, suggested cleaning might be better and IT WAS!

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for your comment.

01/07/2013

Carol A.

They did a great job. The shower no longer looked bowed and I have not heard anymore issues with the shower. There was an initial scheduling issue where they were short staffed due to unforeseen circumstance and were not able to come out on the exact day scheduled but they called immediately (plenty of notice) as soon as they knew and we were able to get all the work done before my deadline. They were also very helpful in answering any of my questions. I have also had work done several years back on repairing my carpet in the same rental.

Description of Work
Smitty's repaired my Master Bath Shower in my rental. They took off all the sheet rock and added new sheet rock and were able to reuse the same tiles to put back on.

Eagle Flooring of North Texas

With over 10 years experience, Juan and Jeff have come together to form the duo at Eagle Flooring of North Texas. Hardwood, Engineered Hardwood and Vinyl Flooring Installation is our main focus. We provide dustless sanding and refinishing of hardwood floors. We service both new and existing installations.

Design Floors Inc

Design Floors is your local, family-owned and operated flooring design center since 2008 for all your flooring needs. We offer the best prices and value to our customers in all types of flooring along with their install: carpet, solid wood, solid wood refinishing, engineered wood, laminate, tile, natural stone, waterproof flooring (WPC, SPC) , granite and quartz counter tops, backsplashes, and custom showers for the Lewisville, Flower Mound, Corinth, Argyle, Highland Village and surrounding areas . Our in-house installers are simply the best. Design Floors does not do repairs at this time. We only install what we sell. Contact us today!

Flooring Direct

Flooring Direct makes it easy to shop for new flooring and save money – all from the comfort of your own home. That’s because we bring the store and much more to you – fresh ideas, the latest looks and products, and expert design tips. And we make the process fun, creative and educational! Enjoy exploring different colors, textures, materials, styles and layouts with helpful guidance to get the most from your floor replacement investment. Our design experts consult with you on the right products for your lifestyle and what will look best in your home. We’re up-to-date on design trends and know which are the proven performers. So you can be confident that everything ties together tastefully and achieves the effect that you want. Plus, our installers are top-notch. They arrive and finish when promised, and take the utmost care in your home. Toll-free phone number - 888-466-4500

Offers by Flooring Direct on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Hardwood, Laminate, Ceramic, Vinyl, Carpet Installation of flooring Carpet Cleaning