Longhorn Solar Screens and Home Efficiency

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2011

512 N Locust St

Denton, TX 76201

Longhorn Solar Screens and Home Efficiency's main focus is energy efficiency. Our goal is to set the standard as a company with the expertise and technical depth that our customers rely on for product solutions, sales, support and marketing insight. While understanding the industries and customers

12/24/2019

Michael F.

I am very happy with the look and performance of the screens. Longhorn screens were quick to schedule for the window measurements and the new screens were ready and installed a week later for a good price. I used their sugessed screen color and UV light % blockage and along with the window trim and grids matching the screen and they look great.

Description of Work
Make and install solar screens for 2nd floor windows

04/27/2017

Rhonda M.

Perfect, they really gave personalized service with the short timeline I gave them

Description of Work
Screens built to replace 2 destroyed by a storm.

02/27/2017

Rachel E.

Installed new 90% solar screens with gridwork on the West (front) of my house. Estimate was quick, through and easy to section out if I wanted to do windows at different times. Gentlemen came out to measure windows for exact measurements and the gridwork spacing. Called day before install and even came back out the next day to correct some sections where the gridwork was not evenly spaced. Very nice people to work with. They also give a military discount if you ask.

Description of Work
36 total windows with 70 - 90% Solar Screens with and without grid work (depending on direction window is facing)

Category screen repair, window treatments

06/15/2016

Thomas Pamela H.

We purchased a new construction home and wanted to add the already energy efficiency of having a green home so we added solar screens. They measured and custom buildt and installed solar screens on our exterior windows and they look great. Longhorn Solar was fast and friendly and very easy to work with. The installer got stuck in traffic and was unable to make our original install date but they called ASAP and rescheduled for the very next morning. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Thanks Longhorn!

Description of Work
Solar Screens

Category

02/15/2016

Greg C.

07/27/2015

Adrienne P.

Good response on quotes, great installation as promised. I've had solar screens before, believe that I would install 80 per cent screens as I did the first time. This time I did 90 per cent screens and they are pretty dark when the sun isn't on them. But when the 100 plus sun is on them, they make the kitchen livable. Might remove them for winter. We'll see.

Description of Work
Put three 90% solar screens on my west facing windows.

05/26/2015

Kristine P.

Category gutter repair

06/25/2014

David W.

I initially called for an estimate. They arrived quickly, as in, within a day or so of my initial contact through their website. As it was the weekend when I came across their website, I reviewed their online pictures of their previous work and thoroughly was pleased with what I saw. Email contact was made on the first business day. I, however, was delayed in responding to their email. A time for an estimate was scheduled and they were prompt and provided enough information to make my decision and they left. Normally, I get two or three estimates before making a decision like this but after reviewing their website again and going over their estimate along with the samples of the screen materials that they provided during the estimate, I didn't bother with calling anyone else for an estimate. I contacted them to go ahead with having them install solar screens on my east, west, and south windows, as this was inline with my plans to apply for a rebate from Coserv. They seem to be very busy so we scheduled the install for approximately a week to 10 days out based on their schedule. I was contacted on the approximate day that was scheduled that they were behind schedule but would be out the following day. They arrived in the afternoon as I had requested when we approximated the day that the install would occur. The install went smoothly and quickly. My receipt was provided and accommodated my request for some detail for me to apply for the rebate from Coserv. I still have to accomplish that but it should go as planned. I highly recommend this company for solar screens. I have not tried any of the other services that they accomplish but I would not hesitate to use them again if I needed any of their other offered services.

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed Solar Screens for my house.

04/12/2014

Patrick S.

Very prompt and professional. Only had to call once to remind the salesman to deliver the quote. I have not yet purchased the solar pannels as I requested one additional quote from another provider. Overall, the price seems to be in-line with what the industry is currently charging (or that I can find from my research). Was pleased with the concern from the company on the age of my electrical panel boxes (these will be replaced upon the solar install). I will be deciding soon and have no reservations about selecting Longhorn. Additional benefit, in my opinion, is the one year no interest financing which is great on a large purchase.

Description of Work
Provider provided an estimate for solar panel installation.

Category screen repair, solar panels

04/11/2014

Mona B.

Communication was great; provide me answers to all my questions up front. I will definitely have them back in the future.

Description of Work
He replaced four window screens for me.

03/27/2014

Deana C.

Requested a quote for solar screens and gutters via their website. Initial contact was quick. Had told the sales rep in both the quote request as well as our initial email conversation that we need to be notified the day prior to coming out to measure as we have dogs and locked gates. Her second email to me was an apology for not making it by the day prior as she expected to do....obviously she didn't read any of the info I gave her as this was my first notification that she was going to be at our house. In addition, she asked me for our address (which was on the online quote request). She finally did make it out but only quoted the screens and didn't give us a cost for gutters. When I inquired as to those, she came back with a quote of nearly $1300 for less than 100' of guttering. At this point, I should have just cut my losses with this company but instead I asked her why the gutters were so much (we already have gutters on most of our house and only had a small place on the sides that needed gutters & downspouts). When questioned, she came back with a price of $895. Still thinking this was high for the small amount of gutters required, I asked her to break down her measurements since maybe I was missing something. I have heard nothing since that request. Thinking that this is probably a good indication of the kind of service I'd get after the sale, I decided to go with another company.

Description of Work
Requested quote for solar screens and gutters.

Category gutter repair, screen repair, window tinting, solar panels

02/11/2014

Kristine P.

They were great. They were on time and they respected our family’s timeline because they came in. They did their measurements and drop things off of the front door. They were very quick and efficient getting back to us. I think it was about 5 days that they were back with full screens. It took maybe an hour to put them on all of our windows and we have 2 storeys. The price was incredibly reasonable. We did do a couple of estimates and they were by far the least expensive but the most products that we got. We got more choices. We called them and they were there in the afternoon. I referred them to my mother-in-law and she got screens too.

Description of Work
I used Longhorn Solar Screens and Home Efficiency to put in solar screens.

Category window tinting

12/04/2013

Martin K.

My overall experience with them went excellent. I have no complaints with them at all. I would recommend them. They were easy to work with. They were timely and they did the job the way they described.

Description of Work
Longhorn Solar Screens and Home Efficiency added solar screens for me.

Category screen repair, window treatments

10/14/2013

Scott W.

Great - good service, friendly installers and quotes, and good value for money spent. Large western facing house - the floor temps where the sunlight would come in through the windows were lowered by 10-20 degrees (as measured by a handheld laser thermometer thingy).

Description of Work
Had them put in 12-14 solar screens around our house

Category window treatments

08/05/2013

Ken W.

Longhorn showed up on time, took measurements and gave me my estimate. After agreeing, they built the screens and installed them the following week (Took 7 days from measurement to installation). They look great and really cut the heat and sun light.

Description of Work
Longhorn installed three (3) Window Solar Screens on the front of my house that faces West and takes a beating from the afternoon sun. We chose the Phifer Suntex 90% material (Black) with a Bronze frame. One of the windows was a double window.

07/15/2013

SYLVIA M.

They did a good job. They were timely, they showed up when they were supposed to, and we are happy with the screen. The price was good. It was a good experience and we would use them again.

Description of Work
We used Longhorn Solar Screens and Home Efficiency for screen repairs.

06/10/2013

james R.

They arrived as scheduled. Were very professional. Installed Gutters in a timely manner and as I requested. Cleaned up work area well.

Description of Work
Installed Gutters and Rain barrel.

06/06/2013

Ron S.

I give them an A plus. They were very thorough, and the work itself was beautiful. They did their job on the time frame they set.

Description of Work
Longhorn Solar Screens and Home Efficiency came over to put up a screen on the left side of our house.

Category screen repair, skylights

06/05/2013

Fred and Peggy K.

My request for quote was handled immediately and professionally - compared to other companies. Price was very good, compared to other quotes. The factory had some production delays that were not communicated to me ... requiring me to check on my order - instead of Longhorn letting me know. (Not a big deal breaker ... but it would have been better customer service ... ) The product was installed quickly after production and works really well blocking my southern exposure. The 3 large windows are each 44" wide by 102" high. These are manually rolled up/down. No hardware was provided to keep the rollup chains from blowing in the wind. And no hardware for tie down in the shades grommets ... again which blow a lot in the wind. So I had to devise my own hardware "fix it" to do both. They should at least provide "suggestion drawings" for the un-handy guy like me ... But the shades are very good quality and very reasonably priced. And they block this Texas summer sun well. And the people are easy to contact and talk to. I would definitely used them again ... and highly recommend them to anyone in the market for solar shades.

Description of Work
Installed 3 large exterior window solar shades. Manual roll up/down - 97% sun block.

05/21/2013

Robert S.

They were okay. We were really satisfied with their work. They told us that there were some things that they did not do. The screens on the second floor looks like they were not changed. It still looks a little dirty. I looked at it and it was still the old ones. The frame has still a damage on it. The owner came back and changed them himself.

Description of Work
We used Longhorn Solar Screens and Home Efficiency. We had to have them come back and fix some things.We had a screen damage and they replaced our solar screens which were ten years old. We also had them add some gutter windows that we have not had in the past. We also had them replace our roof before.

05/14/2013

rene M.

The experience went very well with Longhorn. We met with them before the work was done, away from our house, to give them measurements and discussed the work that would be done. Longhorn was very professional, showed up on time, and there was no clean up because they did all the work in their vehicle. I would recommend them to anyone looking for screen replacements/work.

Description of Work
Longhorn Solar Screens replaced 5-6 screens for us in our home.

04/01/2013

Sharon T.

They showed up on the date and time promised! (key) They are professional, friendly and personable. They made me comfortable about my decision to go with their company. They installed 20+ solar screens and also did the whole house gutters. They gave me samples of colors (at least 20) on gutters and (10) on screens. They have a variety of choices. The install was completed in seven days.. Bottom line, Longhorn is top notch!

Description of Work
Installed solar screens and gutters and gave me a top notch experience!

Category gutter repair, insulation, window tinting, window treatments, solar panels

03/29/2013

Steve O.

Jeff and his team came in and got the work done on-time and on-budget. Everything was left spotless when they were finished. The pricing was way more than fair. I will never use anyone but these guys on my home projects.

Description of Work
I had all new gutters, new solar screens and insulation work done.

Category gutter repair, insulation, screen repair, window tinting

07/28/2011

Jason F.

After 2 failed attempts to install the screens, I contacted the owner regarding the damage being done to my windows. What i got was a careless attitude regarding the issues and a recommendation that they not complete the work and refund my money. lousy Customer Service from both the owner and the installer and a complete failure to provide the service they claim to have. After several months, this company has still not corrected the damage caused by their installer.

Description of Work
Install solar screens on all windows

Category screen repair

We have provided excellent customer service to this gentleman, we are refunding his money because we can not make him happy. The damage the customer refers to is small marks made by us installing the screens on his vinyl windows the way he wanted them installed the second time. When the customer initially contacted us he told us that several companies had already refused to do his job due to the vinyl windows. We agreed to do the job because we have installed screens on other vinyl windows without difficulty. In realizing that we can never satisfy this customer after multiple attempts we have decided it would be best to refund his money. Longhorn Solar Screens has been in business for over 8 years and we strive for excellent customer service along with doing what is right not only for our customers but for our company. With our long history record you will clearly see that we stand by our word and do everything we can to make our customers happy. In this case the customer was never going to be pleased.

05/05/2011

Mark Y.

My windows were not perfectly square and when I informed them, they came at no extra cost and replaced the same. They did a great quality work and I liked their services. I will continue to use their services in future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Longhorn Solar Screens and Home Efficiency for 12 window screens, in February, 2011.

Dring Air Conditioning & Heating

Replacement of all types of residential and commercial heating and cooling equipment. Service provided on all types and brands of residential and commercial equipment. Heating, cooling and ventilating all types of commercial and industrial buildings; specializing in the design-build area.

Radiant Barrier USA

Our Manufacturing Operations provide North American builders, home developers, home-owners, general consumers and businesses with over 250 great insulation solutions for energy efficiency. We are committed with our partners, to be the leading manufacturer and provider of thermal reflective insulation and flexible packaging. It is an ambitious goal, but as you explore our website, you will find it within our grasp!

Tarrant Roofing

We specialize in all phases of window and siding services, repairs, replacements, installs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Screens – Bug, Roll-away, & Motorized. Insulation. Radiant Barrier. Attic Ventilation. Blinds & Shutters. Seamless Gutters. & Patio Enclosures.

Solar Panels.