Sunburst Shutters - Dallas & Fort Worth

Founded 1989 • With Angi since April 2004

10990 Petal St Suite 100

Dallas, TX 75238

For over 25 years, Sunburst Shutters and Window Fashions has been the source for custom plantation shutters in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex and outlying areas. Our energy efficient Polywood Shutters are manufactured locally in Dallas which ensures that our quality continues to be unmatched. Every shutter is custom made to fit each opening in your home based on the measurements taken and the decisions you have made with our trained sales specialists. Our installation experts, who average 15 years as Sunburst employees, complete the process with a seldom found attention to detail. When you couple the quality and value of our shutters with the knowledge and experience of our people, it is no wonder why our customers continually refer their friends and family to Sunburst and order additional shutters for their homes. Contact us and see first hand the Sunburst difference for yourself....

08/11/2017

JOHN B.

They corrected the issue that I had with them and everything worked out fine.

Description of Work
Window shutters

Category contractors

07/10/2017

Dora M.

Excellent! Eight years later, one of the slates was a little loose and a representative came by and fixed it...no charge! That is what I would call good work ethics.

Description of Work
Full house plantation shutters....38 windows, done!

12/19/2015

Joseph C.

We purchased our shutters from Sunburst over 15 years ago. Other than our dog chewing on them and the Texas heat baking the magnetic connector plates, we have had zero problems. Our shutters look as good today as they did when we first purchased them. They are replacing the dog chewed louvers and tilt rod at a reasonable price, especially considering that they are picking them up, fixing them, and installing them again. We have had to replace most magnetic connector plates about every 5 years due to the Texas sun, but they ship replacements to us for free and it's a simple fix. This is a great product from a great company with excellent and prompt customer service. Honestly, this company is easily top 1% based on the quality of their product and their support of their product warranty and customer service. We are planning to move within the next few years, and I will most definitely purchase from them again. They are the Apple of shutters.

Description of Work
Replaced dog chewed louvers and tilt rod

08/10/2015

Donna M.

Jared from Sunburst Shutters was prompt and professional. He helped me select an appropriate covering for one of the windows in my home. I was concerned a "pushy" salesman would try to talk me into buying more than I wanted but Jared listened and responded with the information I needed to make a good decision. I've paid half of the amount necessary and will pay the other half upon installation. If the installation goes as smoothly as the measuring and picking, I will be well pleased with Sunburst Shutters.

Description of Work
came to my home to help me select a suitable window covering

11/13/2014

Donna B.

Wonderful experience from the sales people to the installation. I love the product. I had previously had magnetic shades that lowered from the top and raised from the bottom. The problem with this product was they did not work due to my large windows. When I had taken these shades back to the company they told me my windows were really too big and the magnets/motor would probably need replacing again. I returned these shades two or three times for repair. That meant I had to get these large shades down and get them in my car and take them back to the company. They did repair them each time under the warranty but I knew I had to do something different. My call to Sunburst Shutter for information was immediately answered and I was scheduled to meet with Mike from sales. I had researched the product so I knew I wanted to have the polywood shutters. Mike explained the process and the cost. I decided on the style and color. It took about five weeks for them to be made. I received a call from Arlene and we scheduled an installation day. The installers, Roy and Vince, were on time and did a wonderful job installing the shutters. The shutters are beautiful and work wonderfully. I wished I had made the decision to do this sooner. Roy and Vince told me about the care of the shutters and were in and out within an hour. These guys were friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. The weather had just changed and the cold air was blowing outside. I noticed how much warmer my house felt with these shutters. I am looking forward to seeing if it reduces my electric bill. Even if they don't they look beautiful. Thank you Sunburst Shutters.

Description of Work
Installation of plywood shutters for three windows.

06/10/2014

Linda D.

It went well jut not the product I'm looking for.

Description of Work
Prompt, professional and kind.

06/10/2014

Joe D.

I enjoyed doing business with this company. The people I spoke with on the phone; the rep, Steve, who came to my house and measured my windows and showed me what was available; the installers, Vince and Guy; all were very friendly, courteous, and most of all, very competent and efficient in what they were doing. They were all a pleasure to deal with and I would not hesitate to highly recommend Sunburst Shutters for custom shutters.

Description of Work
Built and installed custom shutters

04/08/2014

Jeanette F.

Outstanding customer service from beginning to end! Spoke with Arline who was kind and quick to get me scheduled with a service representative. Met with sales rep Jared who explained the various products and options. Jared was very knowledgable and honest. He listened to my needs and wants and offered a few excellent suggestions! After deciding on my plantation shutter choices, Jared promptly measured my home for a custom fit and explained the installation process. Vince and Guy arrived to install my shutters on the day the office scheduled them. They were polite and very professional. Vince and Guy worked diligently to make sure the shutters were installed perfect and after the installation they explained how to operate and clean them. The shutters are a perfect fit (thanks to Jared's accurate calculations and Vince and Guys awesome work). The shutters truly add such beauty to our home from the inside and out. Thank you Sunburst- Out standing work!

Description of Work
Installed polywood plantation shutters in my home.

04/03/2014

Robert H.

Collins was prompt to our first meeting and professional. Sunburst offers both polywood and wood shutters. Having had wood shutters in the past and knowing how the sun can damage the wood, I opted for polywood, especially after having done research on their quality. I was getting new windows soon with a custom picture window, so Collins offered to return after the windows were installed to make sure the shutters for the picture window matched the panes perfectly. The bid came back shortly in line with 2 others I had received, but decided to go with Sunburst. The installers were quick and efficient. These shutters are gorgeous. They are beautifully crafted and I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
New shutters for 7 double windows and large picture window.

Category replacement windows,window treatments

02/25/2014

JIM R.

These folks were great from the estimate through the installation. Everyone was prompt and courteous. The shutter was available earlier than estimated. The person that did the estimate was here on time. The fellow that did the installation was on time and very professional as well. Couldn't ask for a better experience!

Description of Work
Replaced a wooden shutter with a polywood shutter. Location was subject to moisture and the wood shutter paint was constantly peeling. Poly is waterproof.

Window World of Dallas-Fort Worth

Window World of Dallas-Fort Worth is a family-owned and operated business, and believes home improvement should be a simple, stress-free process. We focus on customer service and product quality, helping homeowners throughout the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area achieve their renovation goals. From replacement windows and replacement doors to premium vinyl siding, all of our products offer superior energy efficiency, endless comfort, and help lower utility bills all year-round. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home estimate!

Brennan Enterprises Inc

Serving DFW. Angie's Super Service Award for last 8 years. BBB A+ Rating. The Brennan family has been servicing the needs of the Texas homeowner since 1979 and plans on continuing to do so for generations to come. When we say we want to be your home improvement partner for life, we mean it. See website for additional service areas.**Please note we currently are not interior doors or repairs**

Offers by Brennan Enterprises Inc on Angi
    Pro 1 Windows and Doors, LLC

We specialize in thermal, energy-efficient, replacement windows, doors, and siding. Family-owned company that uses locally manufactured windows and on-staff installers. Our windows are custom made and professionally installed with attention to cleanliness,

MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Interior Plantation Shutters, Blinds, Cellular Shades, Roman Shades, Barn Door shutters.

Window replacements, repairing non Sunburst Shutters