SOUTHWEST SKYLIGHTS

Founded 1982 • With Angi since March 2008

6806 WINDROCK RD

Dallas, TX 75252

Southwest Skylights (SwS) is an Owner Operated Business providing New and Replacement Skylight Sales and Installation Services. SwS is Rated as a 5 Star Dealer by VELUXAmerica. To obtain the 5 Star Rating the Dealer must meet Insurance and Training Requirements set by VELUX America. SwS has received the Angie’s List Super Service Award rating for the years 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. It is the Goal of Southwest Skylights to Provide Excellent Customer Oriented Skylight Products and Services. Ask the Southwest Skylights Sales Representative for any Discounts that may apply to your installation....

02/05/2018

georgewiedemer W.

We couldn't be happier with the brighter light that we now have in our kitchen. The fact that it's a quality energy efficient skylight makes it all the better. Chris did the install. So far no problems. We haven't had a good rain yet, but I don't expect to see any leaking issues. If you are looking to install or replace a skylight, please give Chris a call for a professional job. You'll be glad you did.

Description of Work
We wanted our old skylight upgraded to an energy efficient Velux skylight.

01/12/2018

Robert & Melissa F.

Chris was professional and friendly. The skylights were exactly the low profile design just as we had discussed during our initial meeting. I really did appreciate not only Chris's attention to detail but also his respect for our property during the installation of the skylights. I would not hesitate to recommend Southwest Skylights to my friends and neighbors and would also use them again if the need should arise.

Description of Work
Had 4 skylights replaced due to hail damage.

11/22/2017

Jeffry A.

Chris, owner of Southwest Skylights, came promptly to inspect the damage and discuss the options for skylight replacement. He was very straight-forward in his manner, and he took time to explain options thoroughly. He did the work soon after our agreement to have him do it. He was easily reached by phone, and he welcomed having the replacement observed and teaching what each element of the work entailed. He and his helper were very congenial in their manner and did not rush the work. His way of working elicits trust.

Description of Work
Our kitchen skylight developed leaking flashing and extensive drywall damage. I wanted the skylight replaced with a hail-resistant unit, soI had a new unit installed instead of having a repair of the old unit. I also had an undamaged second skylight replaced with a hail-resistant unit.

10/18/2016

Cesar S.

Chris was very responsive since my first inquiry. It was easy and quick to schedule an appointment and he arrived punctually, explained my options in a very courteous and professional manner and performed the work right away. The whole process was very straight forward and took about one hour or maybe a few minutes more. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the service provided.

Description of Work
Skylight Replacement

06/05/2015

Adrian B.

Chris came out last night and checked on our skylight. It was an old patio skylight with a brown tint. He recommended a flat skylight because it was made out of better material than the dome skylight. He also recommended a white skylight versus the brown because it would make our living room brighter. He came this morning and it was done by 12:00 pm. We are so thrilled! It has lightened up our living room considerably. He was very knowledgeable and professional. I would definitely recommend them to fix or install a skylight.

Description of Work
We had a crack in our skylight due to all the storms.

01/20/2015

Angela O.

The service was good. He was on time. He completed the service quickly. Chris was very professional.

Description of Work
He replaced a skylight.

10/06/2014

Bobby B.

very well. no problems del on time

Description of Work
replace skylight

06/11/2014

Mitch M.

Difficult to recommend a company who can't take the time to schedule an appointment for service.

Description of Work
Nothing. I called regarding repair or replacement of a skylight, was told I'd receive a callback to schedule a time, and never heard from them again.

06/03/2014

Mary A.

Arrived promptly. Took necessary measurements. Worked seamlessly with the contractor who was building the studio. Ordered the skylight and solar powered shade and notified me when it was in. He then interfaced directly with the contractor. The installation was done with the same day. He then did the tutorial for operation and explained the energy credits applicable to our design. I enjoyed working with Chris and highly recommend him and Southwest Skylights without reservation. Most of all, I guarantee you will love the happy room the natural light produces. Thank you Chris and Southwest Skylights M. Anderson

Description of Work
Chris from Southwest Skylights came out and assessed the value of installation of a skylight in a newly installed studio. He explained the options from least expensive to most. He was very honest, professional and knowledgable. At first , I thought it was more than my budget would allow but ultimately "saw the light" and made the decision to go forward with the installation. We chose a skylight with a solar powered shade which is amazing. I highly recommend Chris and Southwest Skylights. A class act.

05/16/2014

Stanley G.

I needed a new skylight that would diffuse the light coming into my kitchen. Chris explained the type of skylight that I currently had -- and what he would replace it with -- Velux Skylight. He came when he said that he would to give me an estimate, and was actually able to do the work sooner than he estimated. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced skylight.

Freelite

FreeLite opened in Dallas in 1981 and has served the skylighting needs of the DFW Metroplex ever since. Family owned and operated, we offer the best customer service around. Whether it is a simple replacement or an elaborate installation, we have the skills and experience necessary to get the job done right. We are experts in leak repair and energy efficient upgrades. Experienced both in commercial and residential projects. We work on all types of skylights sizes and designs.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    $25

Installations: SwS Installs VELUX Skylights for Residential and Commercial Applications. Replace your Double Domed Acrylic Skylight with a VELUX Energy Star Rated Low-E3 Skylight. Southwest Skylights is a Full Service Business Specializing in New Skylight Installations and Skylight Replacement. Repairs: SwS can Replace Your Existing Leaking Skylight or Flashing System. VELUX SunTunnels: SwS can Install New VELUX SunTunnels (Tubular Skylights) in Your Home or Commercial Building. All Customer

SwS Skylights Limits its Services to Skylight Related Activities Only.