Mr. Handyman of Dallas

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2009

4.4

5930 LBJ Fwy # 250

Dallas, TX 75240

One call does it all! At Mr. Handyman, we complete jobs faster and better because you don’t need to make multiple phone calls to multiple contractors. Our insured technicians can take care of all of the projects on your "to-do list" saving you time from the first phone call all the way through to project completion. We promise to offer you peace of mind knowing Mr. Handyman's professionals are company employees who will arrive on time in Mr. Handyman vans and will also clean up when they’re done. Busy schedules can make home repairs hard to get to. Now your growing "To Do" list just looks overwhelming and unmanageable. Where do you start? It takes just one call to hire your local Mr. Handyman to solve all your home repair headaches. Professional, safe, reliable handyman services on-time, every time, that's our guarantee....

05/11/2022

Annette D.

Door was adjusted by removing strike plates and relocating lock holes. Lock holes were re-positioned by using word filler. The wood filler was supposed to dry within 1 hour. After 1 1/2 hours the filler was not dry enough to replace the strike plates. After being in my home for 4 hours (billable hours) I was advised the technician would have to return the next day to complete the job - replacing the strike plates for an additional 1 hour charge of $196. The technician acknowledged it was his fault, but instead of the company considering the customer - at least reducing the price of the return trip, they chose extra profit. I cancelled the additional appointment. I don’t mind paying a reasonable rate for good labor and good customer service, but I don’t appreciate being robbed.

Description of Work
Door adjustment

08/21/2021

Barbara C.

My mother used them more than I do. They repaired a fence for her and put a bar on the wall next to as set of steps. She said that they did a good job when they come out and she was very pleased. They are professional, efficient, and polite. They did a nice job and did it quickly. They are willing to make a trip for small jobs.

Description of Work
They changed a deadbolt and added a deadbolt to another door.

01/23/2021

Simmie W.

did not use him has a service fee for ah estimate. did not use him.

Description of Work
garage paint, tape and bed, repair sheetrock.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, interior painters

08/23/2020

JOHN H.

Terrible. These guys did not follow through with estimate. But they did say that they would charge for looking at the requested repair work and giving an estimate. They also said they would charge for the materials, which is OK, but also for the time shopping. Heck they would probably charge for a bathroom break.

Description of Work
Repair exterior stucco walling

Category drywall, garage builders

04/13/2020

Sharron M.

I would never use this company again. I reached out to Mr. Handyman after receiving emails from them. The job was to assemble an outdoor basketball hoop. I was quoted a price and time (1 hour) based on the fact that "they do a lot of these". Total time was 4 hours and the cost was more than double what was quoted. I checked in with the technician after the first hour and he indicated he thought it would take 2 hours. I feel like I was misled from start to finish on this and paid more for the assembly than I did for the hoop. The technician was punctual, pleasant and very conscientious and feel like the office should have done a better job of setting expectations and with their follow up and attention to the issue.

Description of Work
Assembly of outdoor basketball hoop

Category handyman service

Hi [Member Name Removed] We are gathering details and information regarding your appointment/Invoice . We will get back with you ASAP with a resolution. Sincerely Mr. Handyman.

03/09/2020

MARY G.

It was outstanding, they were on time, bill met my expectations, the job was done very very well, they managed me very well as well, what I expected is what happened, they're courteous, friendly and excellent. They did the repairs very well and they know what they were doing.

Description of Work
They did several handyman project around my house.

12/03/2019

Barbara C.

It went extremely well. A technician came out the morning after the afternoon we called. He was professional, pleasant, he performed the task quickly & did an excellent job.

Description of Work
A safety bar was installed.

05/27/2019

Pam K.

Called ... girl that answered was polite. I cut the conversation off when I heard that there was a service charge to come out to estimate the job. My time is valuable also and I'm also a business owner...if you have to charge to give an estimate there is a reason why you are not getting more business, just my opinion.

Description of Work
Ceiling fell in

11/09/2018

Joan A.

Took a while but the handy man was very nice and hard working.

Description of Work
drapery rods installed and a tv cabinet put together

10/09/2018

John B.

I did not use this provider but Angies List keeps asking me how they did

Description of Work
Check roof

09/22/2018

Barbara D.

I wanted to get things done on a pretty quick basis. They handled the job quickly and professionally. I liked the handyman they sent, and I think he did a good job. I just think their rates are too high.

Description of Work
Remove old and install new toilet; replace bathtub drain; paint and texture wall in a small bathroom; and install pet door

08/30/2018

Anthony M.

The work was done efficiently and was of high quality. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Various minor projects and repairs around the house

08/30/2018

Anthony M.

The work was done efficiently, and we are very pleased with the quality. The person performing it was on time, professional and very pleasant to work with, and he knew exactly what to do on our list of to do's. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
trim around exterior window (buy, cut, paint wood and install), rehang broken shutter, paint front door, and a variety of other small items

05/17/2018

Ralph S.

Everything went quite well. The technician Joe arrived at exactly 08:00. After a quick rundown from me, he immediately went to work. As he finished one job he cleaned up after himself, before he started the next job. My wife and I are highly pleased with both Joe himself and the work he did. The cost was for labor only. Money well spent.

Description of Work
Had two ceiling fans removed and replaced, had a couple of bi-fold doors reinstalled and the mounting mechanisms moved, had the bottom of a cabinet replaced with plywood.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans, doors

01/04/2018

Melinda P.

Our first experience was wonderful. They sent a carpenter out to repair the door and he did a great job. The second experience was horrible. We asked for someone to install holiday lights and they sent someone who knew nothing about lights or how to install them. The end result was we paid $260.00 for materials and over $1,000.00 for labor for four strings of lights. The process took two entire days with absolutely NOTHING accomplished on the first day. When I contracted for the service I asked that removal of the lights be included in the price. When I called to schedule someone to come back and remove them, the manager JT, assured me they never agreed to that. When I complained their tech had purchased and installed the wrong lights, JT informed me the tech “wasn’t a mind reader”, so I was at fault. He did admit that trying to put up lights with bright yellow tent stakes was probably a mistake; and using permanent screw-in brackets on the roofline, instead of the requested roof clips was an error on the workmans part. I complained via their online survey and was told someone would contact me. I received no reply. Again, Manager JT, assures me someone DID call & left a message. I have no record of either call or voicemail. Oh, and you should know that company policy is they will only try and contact you one time, before they consider the issue resolved. My 72 year old husband removed the lights (in about 45 minutes), but we need someone to remove the brackets on the roof. After being insulted by JT, I left a message for the owner, David Scott, to call me. I’m still waiting.

Description of Work
We’ve used Mr. Handyman twice in the past year. Once to repair a door and once to install holiday lights.

09/10/2017

jackie S.

Dan came and gave a very good quote. He provided me with the URL so I can order the parts myself, which saved money for sure. Dan installed all the windows with new parts in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Need to fix 9 windows with tension broken.

05/22/2017

David O.

He was very thorough. He kept at the job till it met my satisfaction. Happily climbing on to the roof a dozen times to get the job done.

Description of Work
Cleared blocked gutter downspout.

11/02/2015

Susan D.

Clay arrived 10 minutes early and completed the work in approx. 2 hours. He had done work on my home previously and did an excellent job. Once again he did a really good job.

Description of Work
Installed a new mailbox pole.

08/22/2015

Cynthia S.

Everything was done well at the price promised. Will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Fixed my entry door and frame and replaced and painted a rotten soffit.

Category handyman service, roofing, siding, house painters, doors

08/09/2015

Jenny D.

Fred was on time and work was flawless.

Description of Work
Removed bent galvanized pole from asphalt and installed new one, including new asphalt. Also, repaired 2nd story window frame case. .

Category handyman service, replacement windows

08/03/2015

David S.

The response was quicker than expected. He showed up on time, communicated what he intended to do and completed the work quickly and professionally. I've since recommended him to others. Great job! We will be using you again.

Description of Work
Repaired an entry door and frame. The home was built in 1927 so the job required a pro.

Category handyman service, doors

07/15/2015

Susan D.

Clay showed up promptly at 8 am, as scheduled. He cleaned out the gutters (all the way around the house) and downspouts and removed all the leaves from the valleys on the roof. It took him approx. 3.5 hours. He was very personable and had some useful recommendations.

Description of Work
Cleaned out gutters and downspouts, remove tree debris from roof.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, roofing

06/30/2015

Richard W.

Went fine. I had parts needed already and it only took about 1 hr. Also checked out a clogged dryer vent. He got a lot out but it is still pretty slow.

Description of Work
repaired broken window

Category handyman service, drain cleaning

06/29/2015

Rosalind B.

His work was fine. He took a long time, because your paying by the hour to get it done, but that was some time ago. When it was done it was great. They were always on time.

Description of Work
I used Mr. Handyman.

Category ceramic tile

05/12/2015

Robert R.

I needed a small bathroom painted. I was told $258- $458. When the painter/handyman arrived the price went up to $758. He said because I needed one coat of white paint on the ceiling and a different color on the walls, the job could not be done in one day. I thanked him for coming and told him that price was too high. This is a small bathroom. I cannot not afford $758. He then told me there was a $78 charge for him coming out. When I balked at the charge, he called his supervisor. His supervisor called me. The supervisor was quite indignant and said, "We don't work for free." I said I wasn't asking him to work for free. Stay within the price range I was quoted and I would have him do the job. He refused to stay within the price range quoted. Even though $458 was high for a small bathroom, I would have paid it. I cannot do the job myself because of a disability. Although the $78 call out fee was waived, the supervisor, expressed how much I had inconvenienced them but because he did not tell me about the fee he would waive it. They made me sign an invoice showing they had waived the fee before the man would leave my house. I feel the supervisor's attitude was uncalled for because, yes, you can paint the ceiling and the walls in one day. Realistically in a few hours. It does not take a day for the ceiling paint to dry enough for you to , at least, start the walls. You can do the corner between ceiling and wall after only a couple of hours. I believe the supervisor was trying to guilt me into paying the $758. I signed the invoice but was not given a copy of it. I am worried they will try and charge me money because he would not put a zero in the total column. The only way he would leave was for me to sign the invoice. Now that I think about it, I should not have signed the invoice. I feel I was bullied into signing.

Description of Work
Quoted me a price, on the phone, to paint a small bathroom. When painter/handyman arrived I was told he could not do the job in one day and the price went up.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Supreme Restoration Services

Specializing in WATER MITIGATION, FIRE AND SMOKE REMEDIATION! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule today!

Metroplex Gutters and Windows

At Metroplex Gutter and Windows, we’re pleased to provide gutter services and window services across North Texas. We’ve been proudly installing painted copper gutters, seamless gutters and replacement vinyl windows, among other things, in Dallas, Fort Worth and beyond for over two decades. Turn to our team of experienced installers for expert customer service on your home improvement project. Our solid reputation in the DFW area comes from offering businesses and homeowners the best service, the finest product quality and unmatched pricing, no matter whether you’ve turned to us for rain gutters or windows. In addition, our installers are insured, bonded and are lead-based paint certified to ensure your safety and the safety of others in your home and your neighborhood. Every project we take on is planned with your specific home and situation in mind, and we don’t offer cookie-cutter products or services. We custom order all materials and cut and shape your products on site when possible to make sure your home gets a perfect fit. So how may we serve you? We have a long history of satisfying people like you, and we look forward to serving you right away. Why not give us a call now — or fill out our online form for a free estimate? We’re a company you can trust, and we sincerely want your business.

Green Property Services

Our family business has been serving the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for over 38 years! We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and guaranteed satisfaction at the best possible price. Our values include professionalism and timely work. Give us a call for projects of all sizes - from estates, starter homes, high rise condos, investment properties and retail locations and restaurants. We will personally help you every step of the way without delay! We would LOVE the opportunity to prove why we are one of Dallas's top general contractors!

MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Check, Discover

Handymen Services – Attics, Carpentry, Decks – Finishing & Cleaning, Doors, Drywall, Flooring, Outdoor – Stucco, Fencing, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Installation, Siding Repair, Soffit & Fascia, &Wood & Dry Rot, Bathroom Repair, Faucet Repair, Fixture Installation, Home Maintenance, Kitchens, Garages, Light Plumbing, Light Electrical, Painting, Tile, & Windows – Repair & Installation.

Major Roofing, Electrical, Plumbing, & HVAC.