Kelltech Systems

Founded 1987 • With Angi since April 2005

2810 Canton Street

Dallas, TX 75226

Kelltech Systems is a family-owned and operated Dallas security, automation, and entertainment systems company with over 20 years experience helping our clients in North Texas protect their lives and property. There is no price tag on security--protecting what's most important is priceless. As one of the leading Dallas security systems providers, we strive to keep you and your loved ones safe. For more than 20 years, Kelltech Systems has provided comfort and a sense of safety to the residents and businesses of Dallas, Texas. Our strength is our carefully trained staff of Dallas security, automation, and entertainment experts. Each technician is held to high standards of professionalism, courtesy and customer service. All of the team members in our firm are dedicated to understanding and resolving the unique needs of our clients. Welcome to the Kelltech Systems family of satisfied clients. We look forward to serving you!...

05/09/2013

Gorav B.

Technician was punctual and very professional. Did the job faster than estimated and locks are all functioning well. Would recommend Kelltech with high marks.

Description of Work
Re-keyed locks

03/10/2013

David H.

I have had to move several times because of job relocation, so I have had the opportunity to have all of these items done several times before for different homes. The team at Kelltech is amazing! Every person that came to our home was extremely friendly and courteous. They were the best I have ever seen and their attention detail was incredible.They came early everyday and stayed very late. The owners were working side by side with their guys most of the time. Allan and Albert were outstanding! patient and very helpful. Kellan Sr and Kellan Jr. are the owners, and they were fantastic throughout all the entire process. High quality products and extremely talented and professional team across the board at Kelltech. I highly recommend this company for home security, home automation, and home theaters! David

Description of Work
They installed the following: Home alarm system with 7 cameras Home automation system Upgraded home theater equipment

Category locksmith,home theater design,home security systems,home automation

Member, Thank you for sharing your experiences with Kelltech Systems. We enjoyed working with you and your family through the design and installation of your systems. We hope you enjoy them for years to come! Sincerely, Kellan C. Warren, Vice President Kelltech Systems

02/13/2013

Chris W.

Overall, I had an outstanding experience with the Company and would use them again for any of my home automation needs (A/V, security system, etc). I appreciate the fact that they have been patient with me because I've had a lot of ideas that I've incorporated into my home automation system. While I started out with builder designed wiring, they worked with the builder to understand what was built and how they could use the existing structured wiring to build the most efficient system possible. I have had no issues related to warranty work. Let's face it, when one is dealing with different technologies and platforms, there will be failure issues from time to time. Kellan and his team have responded timely each time I've called and have been consistently been very professional - to the point where they've competed the follow-up work without me being at home. I should add that I live 45-50 minutes from their downtown offices, so the additional trip or two was not always easy. I would use them again in a heartbeat - in fact, I already have a listing of 4-5 additional projects that they will take on for me!

Description of Work
I recently built a new home and wanted to incorporate as much home automation as possible - at a reasonable price point. I consulted with Kelltech on a variety of ideas including installation of my home automation system, installation of televisions, and building my surround sound system for optimal performance in two distinct areas. Kelltech is an authorized Control 4 dealer so I went with them for a "whole-house" solution. In the end, they built a system, using Control 4 as a basis, that controls the televisions in the main rooms, lights in many of the main areas of the house (both inside and outside), audio in ceiling speakers in every room of the house, garage doors, entry gate, alarm system, and video cameras. Oh and since they are locksmiths, I had them to rekey all of my entry doors and install locks on gates outside my home. They had good perspectives on quality of automation and AV products, placement of speakers for optimal performance, and current considerations for future expansion of the system. Because the work they did required adjustments to my current electrical switches, they ensured licensed electricians were installing the new switches for Control 4.

Category locksmith,home theater design,home automation

It was our pleasure serving you in your home. We strive to create unique automation, audio visual, and security system experiences for each and every customer! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you! Sincerely, Kellan C. Warren, Vice President Kelltech Systems

10/15/2012

Adrienne B.

The locksmith called because he was available earlier than anticipated (he was to call when 20-30min from my house so I could leave my office to meet him) and didn't rush me to leave work any earlier than I had planned. He was prompt and very professional. He rekeyed my locks and discussed the other services available from Kelltech (alarms, etc). He followed up with me the next day to ensure that my locks and keys were working. That was a very nice touch.

Description of Work
I had my locks rekeyed and keys made (onsite).

07/12/2012

Kathy E.

Excellent work. Great communication regarding arrival time, estimated costs, etc. Very courteous on the phone and at our home. The guy on the phone and the guy who came out both offered suggestions as to what would work best for what we were trying to accomplish. As opposed to just doing the work we asked them to do without letting us know there was a better alternative. They are my go-to now for anything lock/security.

Description of Work
re-keyed locks in a new home we purchased. also added additional locks to sliding doors and french doors.

01/05/2012

LANA C.

Good work. Very helpful and responsive.

Description of Work
Changed locks on a rental property.

01/03/2012

CINDY A.

All in all David did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
David changed out three locks and make three keys for each one. He was very professional and friendly. I will definitely use them again.

10/21/2011

William T.

Prompt answering of the phone by a polite lady who was flexible on scheduling, and able to confirm an exact time (not the annoying 4-hour and quot;windowsand quot;). Locksmith and quot;Peteand quot; arrived a few minutes early. He was professional and polite, and performed the work well, asking me to confirm I was satisfied prior to leaving. Only one thing I'd change - his hands were filthy, no doubt common in this business. I'd have appreciated if he'd have cleaned up the black fingerprints and smudges off the insides and outsides of my two doors after performing the work. Just one of those small touches that takes an experience from good, to perfect.

Description of Work
Re-key two residential door locks.

10/06/2011

Terry R.

I was able to get an appointment a day from when I called. The person on the phone was very professional. The technician came out, looked at the work, quoted the price and started to work. He was quick, courteous and professional. I would definately use this company again. Their pricing was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Rekey five locks. Provide three keys.

09/09/2011

AUSTIN H.

I was able to make an appointment straight away so that was a help. Pete arrived on time and started in on the project. About half way through he came to me with an issue. One of the deadbolts was wearing out and it turned out the common replacement used a different type of key. After fussing around a bit Pete was able to get the right replacement cylinder and avoided me having either one lock keyed different that all the others or having to replace/upgrade all the locks. Even though it was a couple of days between start and finish Pete wouldn't charge me until all the work was completed. Not required but much appreciated. Highly recommended

Description of Work
I had 8 deadbolt and door lock cylinders re-keyed.

07/26/2011

Monique M.

I called on a Wednesday and had an appointment set for Friday. Pete was a cool guy. The front door lock was causing him some trouble but he worked it out just fine. None of the locks appeared to have been previously installed/ functioning properly and he took care of it for me. All the locks work better now than they did before and are more secure! I will definitely use these guys again for any of my locksmith concerns.

Description of Work
I had three door locks re-keyed.

07/07/2011

Kelley B.

They came out to change three locks and make five copies of the new key. They were fast and great. I would definitely recommend them. They were fast. They were pretty reasonably priced. There were no complications with the company. They locks are great.

Description of Work
Kellan's Security Solutions are my locksmiths. I last used them in April 2011.

05/06/2011

Alicia M.

Alex, came over and started the job at 3:00 and he stayed out 10:00 pm. He did not take a break or complain. This is the best lock smith I have experienced. He was so patient and very kind. He completed his job and did very well. He was carefull to not damage any thing and he cleaned up after himself. He is very good and I had a wonderful experience. I would recommend this company for my lock smith needs. JOB WELL DONE!

Description of Work
7 Cylinder rekey, 2 install of master strikes, 4 holes drilled and installed deadbolts, 2 swap out dead bolts.

04/12/2011

Marc H.

I have been using them for six to seven years. I talk to the owner if I need something. I usually see the owner or one of his associates. I tell them what I need and they get it done. They are expensive than most lock smiths, but they have helped me in couple of occasions on some emergency stuff. They have taken care of it and no questions asked. They will call and let me know if they are late.

Description of Work
I used Kellan's Security Solutions in January.

03/23/2011

Stephanie B.

Everything was great. He drilled out our entire new home. The door did not have a bolt on it before, it know has a regular latch and a big bolt. They had to drill out all the holes to accommodate the bolt. The meticulous way they did the job was good. He was here for over three and half hours because of the doors. They charged exactly what they had told us they're going to charge. It was again very neat and they took care of the dust. They cleaned up every shelf. They were extremely careful not to split out any wood. He clearly knew what he was doing. It was another one of those very pleasant experiences. I would certainly call him if we had any other need like that.

Description of Work
Kellan's Security Solutions & Locksmiths come out a month ago. He changed the front door handset, changed a knob and the bed bolt on the doors. He did three different jobs. It was a pretty complex thing to put on.

11/07/2010

Gregory P.

The initial contact was very professional and the appointment was scheduled for a couple of days later. The technician David arrived and was very courteous and professional. He was able to re-key the locks and do so in a timely manner. Great company, I would certainly use them again!

Description of Work
Re-keyed 9 locks.

09/23/2010

Theresa W.

We wanted a deadbolt on our upstairs attic door. The placement of this door makes it resemble a door into another room of our home. More than one visitor to our home opened it and did not shut it properly, letting the heat pour into the upstairs area if it went unnoticed. I purchased the lockset I wanted. The technican arrived at the appointed time, ask me a few questions and then began the job. He cut the hole in the door for the lock, and had the lock installed in under 30 minutes. I will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Installed a dead bolt on a wood door.

07/30/2010

Jim M.

Both estimator in office and on site technician were very professional. Over-all great experience except there was a misunderstanding between myself and scheduler and they didn't arrive on date I was expecting, but came next day. I'm still glad to have used them

Description of Work
Installed 3 double keyed deadbolt locks, 1 Charlie Bar, and rekeyed 3 existing locks

07/23/2010

Greg E.

On time, took significantly longer than expected, but cost was the same. Very pleased with outcome.

Description of Work
We found Kellan's through other Angie's List recommendations. They were as good as advertised. We had over new locks put on exterior doors and had over 20 locks (front and back) rekeyed. We have moved over 10 times and have always used locksmiths and this was the biggest job we ever had and the best quality and value.

07/20/2010

David D.

Went well. See detailed answer to first question

Description of Work
Thumb latch on our front door was not operating properly. Depressing it did not cause the locking mechanism to fully extract causing problems trying to open the door using the thumb latch. I called Kellan's and explained my problem. They knew immediatedly what my problem was, provided me with the manufacturer's phone number and directed me to call the manufacturer and ask that they send me the necessary parts to repair the malfunction. I did and the parts arrived in the mail a few days later - no charge. I called Kellan's and set up an appointment to have the lock repaired. David showed up on schedule, installed the new parts and honored the Angies discount coupon. Lock works fine now.

06/22/2010

Sandy J.

When I went looking on Angie's List for a company to re-key the locks in our new (old) house, I really wanted a local company to do the job. It turned out that the few companies around here didn't have the greatest ratings, so I broadened my search and found the stellar reviews for this company, which was still pretty close to my area. I called and was able to schedule an appointment for the next day. Fortunately, the person I spoke with on the phone (which may have been David) was thorough enough to ask what kind of front door lock I have, because it turned out that it couldn't be re-keyed. He advised me as to what kind of new handleset to buy and assured me that he could key all four exterior doors to match. David showed up on time, did what he said he would, and even fixed the double patio doors so that they would stay locked- for free! There was something odd about the other exterior doors, which caused him trouble with making new keys, so he spent a lot longer here than he probably expected to. He was pleasant and personable the whole time, despite the temperature outside and lack of air conditioning inside the house! He was great; very professional and experienced in his trade.

Description of Work
David installed a new handleset on the front door and then keyed 3 other doors to match. We mentioned that our double doors to the patio wouldn't latch, and he voluntarily cut a new hole in the metal of the threshold to fix it!

05/29/2010

Robert M.

!!! Thank you Angies List !!! This company is awesome. DAVID came out to do the work, he was on time, he was fast, he was professional, he was friendly, he was very knowledgeable and he was respectful. I will use Kellan's Security Solutions and Locksmiths for ALL of my security needs going forward.

Description of Work
Re-keyed some locks, repaired a dead bolt and made some door adjustments

05/11/2010

ANTONY F.

It went perfect. They were very good. They were there for 15 minutes and they were done.

Description of Work
They changed and re-keyed all of the locks around the house. We had just moved in and I wanted to have new keys.

05/11/2010

James H.

Excellent job. Rekeyed the other door lock so both locks use the same key.

Description of Work
Installed a deadbolt

04/10/2010

Jeanne C.

On time, worked quickly and at the estimated cost.

Description of Work
Rekeyed the locks at my new house.

Chapman Lock & Key

Here at Chapman Lock & Key LLC we're here to bring the best quality service and pricing to DFW area. We specialize in residential work and getting rental properties up to Texas rental code. We install Keyed and keyless deadbolts , put peepholes in exterior doors and rekey locks. For property management companies we can get your properties on a master key system so the tenant has their own key that just works their home and you have 1 key that opens all your properties. Our Commercial work consists of Rekeying , installing/repairing exit devices and adjusting door closers. Ask us about our Senior and Military discount. http://chapmanlockkey.com

ADT

Offers by ADT on Angi
    Crown Audio Video Inc

Crown Audio Video is a leader in the field of corporate and home audiovisual solutions and serves the areas of North Texas, including Dallas, Fort Worth, Allen, Rockwall, Frisco, and Southlake. We take great pride in the work that we do, and this is reflected in the many articles of recognition and accolades we have received from our customers and the industry alike. We have worked with many large corporations including Amazon.com, Coca-Cola, Ebby Halliday, First Global, General Electric, GMC, Mercedes Benz, and Texas Rangers, just to name a few. Our professional team of audiovisual and integration experts has over 70 years of combined experience in the smart technology field. We specialize in custom audio video installation from media room design with top-of-the-line video conferencing to high-end Dallas home theater systems. Crown Audio Video will meet or beat any local audiovisual bid guaranteed. We will not try to sell you more than you need. Our company prides itself on having integrity and quality workmanship. We look forward to helping you achieve the home or business of your dreams. For more than eight years, our mission has remained to create a better everyday life for our customers by making their offices and homes more enjoyable and easier to manage. We bring residential and commercial automation to new levels by integrating products that enhance every aspect of your lifestyle, and all from the palm of your hand. When others say “it can't be done”, we ask, "are you sure that is all you want?" Our staff's experience, expertise, and dedication, mixed with cutting-edge technology and tailor-made custom designs can create the home or business you’ve been dreaming of. Crown Audio Video has mastered the art of AV integration and would love to see how our solutions can enhance every aspect of your lifestyle—whether for business or pleasure.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Kelltech's Dallas security systems include the following residential and commercial services: Alarm Monitoring Security Cameras Electronic Access Control Home & Office Safes Asset Protection High-Security Door Locks Lighting Systems Automated Window Security Advanced Integration Mobile Device Control 24-Hour Surveillance Fast, Reliable Response

Security Guards