JDH Upholstery

Founded 1973 • With Angi since February 2013

Furniture - Custom Made

JDH Upholstery & Manufacturing, Inc. is a Dallas-based custom furniture and re-upholstery shop located in the Dallas Design District area. JDH also offers custom table tops and wood refinishing services....

Star Upholstery

Been in business for 20 years with the experience 29 years on the field, At Star Upholstery we offer to our customers, fabric, leather and vinyl. Our Company has feature on HGTV Reality Show Donna Decorates Dallas, aired on 2012, 2013 partner with Donna on fort worth show dream home 2013,2014 building all custom furniture.

Ann's Upholstery

Family owned & operated. Locations in The Colony and Carrollton. Cost is determined by the job.We are a full service upholstery shop. It is owner operated. All upholstery work is done by owner with over 20 years of upholstery experience. We do all upholstery work our self to keep quality high. Ann's upholstery currently have 32 A reviews on Angie's list out of 32. We are proud of this 100% customer satisfaction. We have been serving the greater Dallas Fort Worth area since 1990. Ask around and see if someone you know have done business with us or come visits our store and see our work and these reviews.

Kuhn Custom Woodworking

Family Owner Operated Since 1975 My wife and I have worked together for about 44 years offering solutions to all kinds of furniture related projects. Refinishing, Repair, Modifications and all sorts of Custom Built Furniture, Cabinets, Shelves, Etc. In 2018, we began partnering with our son at CDK Custom Designs to expand offerings to clients all across the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex including more custom designed projects from traditional to modern and everything in between. Our combined years of experience coupled with contemporary design expertise allows us to provide even more custom service to help you achieve the look you want. Check out our website and contact us and see what we can do for you!

09/24/2018

Originally purchased in New York around 1930 by my grandparents - the condition of these armless antique Louis XVI chairs was slightly beyond "shabby gentility", they really needed to be upholstered! I combed Angie's List and Yelp to find Jim and Yvette Holloway at JDH Upholstery, and I'm glad I did. I interviewed several other Dallas reupholstery shops using the skills that I learned spending 22 years "in the trade" as a contract and residential manufacturer's rep working with high-end architects and designers. Compared with the other shops, JDH Upholstery was neat and clean, and the "back of the house" was busy with multiple projects, clearly they were enjoying good business, a good sign. Yvette and Jim were friendly, helpful and no nonsense - they know their business - they did a great job on reupholstering the somewhat delicate 18th Century chairs without damaging them! The job was terrific, the price was right and they stuck to their delivery date. We were happy to return to JDH to have them reupholster our six vintage Chippendale dining chairs and two Sheraton dining chairs. The "before and after" photos are attached. The dollar amount was for both projects. We are very pleased with the professional results.

Description of Work
Two authentic antique Louis XVI armless chairs needed to be reupholstered. 8 dining chairs also!

04/16/2015

The work itself appears to be top notch, the leather quality is excellent; and everyone I came in contact with, from the delivery personnel, owners, etc. were friendly & professional! However, watch the costs. Based on photos sent to them, they bid job with labor & leather at $1150 + $85 pick-up & delivery. We're thinking $1200 is high, but we love chair. After they got the chair and a $500 deposit, we got an email invoice that included another $162.50 for "shipping of leather" plus sales tax of $115.29, making total cost $1512.79. When we charged the balance due after pick-up, they ran the charge before we knew there was another 4.5% fee for using a credit card (wish I had the opportunity to buy a 49 cent stamp & mail a check instead of adding ANOTHER $45!)

Description of Work
Reupholstered a favorite 20+ year old recliner in ivory leather, tightened mechanisms & added new padding.

01/13/2015

Description of Work
Seemed a little bit pricey, but did a fantastic job and were very quick. We had them refinish an antique piece of furniture. Would use them again.

11/25/2013

JDH did an excellent job - from the time I called to inquire about pricing and timing to amending an incorrect invoice and prompt delivery and pickup of my chairs. They were friendly, happy to answer questions and, most importantly, the chairs look fantastic! Truly a top-quality job. I would use them again in the future without a doubt. My only request would be that they notify you that there is sales tax on the labor price quoted for reupholstering. Because I didn't know, it made the price slightly higher than I anticipated. Other than that, it was a perfect experience.

Description of Work
Recovered two club chairs.

02/18/2013

Overall, this is one of the BEST upholstery service I have used.

Description of Work
Took in a pair a slipper chairs that was thought to hopeless, But the crew at JDH went above and beyond what was expected and the chairs look fantastic!

Category upholstery

Commercial & Residential Upholstery; Custom Furniture; Wood Refinishing; pick up and delivery services available for a small fee.

We do not offer upholstery cleaning services or furniture "caning".