D & A Tile Work

5623 Alton St

Dallas, TX 75214

05/31/2014

Judith H.

Description of Work
Added two handrails in shower. It went GREAT.

Category carpet installation

05/25/2011

Matt H.

They did a good job. He was accurate and punctual and did a good job. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
D & A Tile Work replaced a 12 by 12 tile.

09/26/2010

Dennis N.

Overall it went very poorly . . . He requested 30% up front and the balance when finished, then every time he showed up (whenever he decided to) he always asked for more money. He averaged 2 to 3 hours of work when and if he did show up. Have had other estimates that it would have taken about 4 - 6 days while he took over one month. Have other estimates on our other bathroom and two of the guys recommended that the work done should be torn down and redone. (They were not even suggesting they should redo it - nothing more than a professional opinion.) The quality of tile work is extremely poor: Much of the grouting had to be repaired (had air pockets throughout), The two sunken boxes where soap, shampoo, etc. go, are noticably uneven. The floor is uneven, The walls are wavey, There is no transition between the doorway into the hall (he just laid the tile right up next to the different tile in the hallway), He did not coordinate with the general contractor that did the gutting, tub removal, drain movement (that is another story): The fixture where the shower controls go is not secured, it is totally loose. The floor bracket where the toilet goes needed to be replaced; he tiled right up to and over the edge of it (it should have been replaced before tiling). He tiled to close to the door where the door frame will go (hinge door replaced with a pocket door), still have to figure out what to do there). The list goes on . . . and on; getting tired of typing. He came recommended by a reputable builder; was also recommended from another person he did work for. I don't understand? All I know is that this was not a good experience and I think I could have done a better job myself and I have never laid tile!

Description of Work
retiled bathroom floor, shower, half wall and back splash. Built 10" curb on shower, 2 sunken boxes for shampoo, soap etc., small seat in corner.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Projects never take A MONTH to complete, my apologies for a couple of days of not completing a full day schedule. family emegencies are also important. Project took 10 days to complete due to waiting for his contractor to finish his part, the plumbing etc * THIS IS CUSTOMERS COMMENTS ON HIS CONTRACTOR: He did not coordinate with the general contractor that did the gutting, tub removal, drain movement (that is another story): This shows he also had time issues with the contractor . I also called him numerous times to no avail. He did not ever return my calls. I am not a plumber. I did my best . Also, customer picked a border tile for shower that was not the same dimensional size as the wall tile, I did my best to make it work with the wall tile and with no complains. there was no complains on floors etc. Customer did not complain about my work when he paid me. I understand and im sorry about your experience. 34 years in the Bussiness with not one complaint. I have hundreds of references.

09/23/2010

David R.

I thought they were professional. I didn't have any problems with them. However, I decided to go with another company on the basis of price.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for retiling the shower.

05/28/2010

CAROL B.

David is a professional. He was quick to come over and bid the job. He is efficient and easy to work with. He allowed me to purchase all of the tile as I already knew what I wanted and where to get it. Care was taken to keep the area clean and tidy. Total job took 7 days with 2 people sharing the work load (David and assistant). The finished work is very good for what I felt was a great price. I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
All work done in master bath and price does not include cost for tile. They did all demo work required to re tile including removing old tile from floor, bathroom walls, shower and removing carpeting from floor in adjoining room. Put up new dry wall (greenboard?) and installed new shower pan. Shower and floors were re tiled. Both the shower and the floor had patterns and cuts that required extra work. Bathroom walls were taped and mudded (wall texturizing was not part of the bid). They also removed and reinstalled the toilet.

11/07/2009

Matt H.

He did a good job. I think the repair could have been better, but, he did a good enough job to satisfy me. The price was also reasonable.

Description of Work
I hired them for some plumbing work.

Category plumbing

08/24/2009

MARY F.

David worked alone. The finished job looked very professional and he kept the work place clean. My only complaint was that he was an hour late arriving and the plumber had to wait for him to install tile, before the sink faucets could be installed. That was the only problem, and overall, I'm very happy with his work and I think his price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
David removed bottom row of tiles from my existing backsplash in kitchen, so that new granite countertops could be installed. After granite was in, David returned, cut 1/2 inch off each tile and put them back on the backsplash. He matched the existing grout and it looks like it's been there forever. Looks great.

07/23/2007

BRAD B.

These contractors did a great job on all the tile work. It was so great to get rid of the carpets; which they disposed of for me as well. It is just as nice as I had dreamed of.

Description of Work
They installed ceramic tile in my living room, kitchen, hallway and two bathrooms; a total area of approximately 900 square feet.

Supreme Restoration Services

Specializing in WATER MITIGATION, FIRE AND SMOKE REMEDIATION! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule today!

Brennan Enterprises Inc

Serving DFW. Angie's Super Service Award for last 8 years. BBB A+ Rating. The Brennan family has been servicing the needs of the Texas homeowner since 1979 and plans on continuing to do so for generations to come. When we say we want to be your home improvement partner for life, we mean it. See website for additional service areas.**Please note we currently are not interior doors or repairs**

Offers by Brennan Enterprises Inc on Angi
    Maverick Windows

Maverick Windows sets the standard by which other replacement windows are measured. By providing beauty, performance, durability, and increased energy efficiency, we are your superior DFW window provider. When remodeling your home, Maverick Windows delivers unmatched beauty, installation quality, and energy savings. All with a lifelong warranty and at a price performing cost. Our windows are custom-made to fit your current window openings precisely. They are easy to install and require no additional wall construction. With over 15 years’ experience and a robust North Texas industry presence. Contact us today for your free in-home demo. Stop throwing money out the window on electric bills, and start enjoying the beauty of your new windows today!

Ceramic tile installation, tile demos, VCT, backsplashes, bathrooms, bathtubs, border tiles, custom design layout, shower pan replacement experts. Rebuild showers, tub surround retile, pavers, laminate flooring, flagstone, caulking, tumbled stone, travertine, mosaic, recoloring tile & grout, commercial flooring, countertop tile & laminate floor.

Hardwood floor installation, adhesive vinyl flooring, refinish & floor stain.