BIG BIRD TREE SERVICE

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2006

24 hour Emergency Service Available. We have been a family owned local tree service for 35 years. We manage, maintain, remove, nurture, and promote the growth of your most valuable natural asset - Your Trees. We care for your trees so they are healthy, vibrant, and a beautiful architectural feature. We offer many services to help our clients. Call today 972-228-8844 for a free quote....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

tree service2020
Tree trimming & cleared brush

4.1

4.2

tree service (18)firewood company (4)leaf removal (1)

09/01/2022

Craig B.

They completed work on time at the agreed upon price and the result could not be better. Only time will tell if the work will keep the tree healthy.

Description of Work
Reducing weight - two large bradford pear trees.

Work Completed On 08/31/2022

02/01/2021

Sharon R.

All went well

Description of Work
Tree Service

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

Thank you! We really appreciate all of your referrals, Ms. [Member Name Removed].

01/06/2021

Blake G.

Enjoyed the work done by these guys. They were so communicative, friendly, and hard working. They even came back a second day to make sure everything was taken care of. Really appreciated their services and I will be using them again.

Description of Work
Yard cleanup

Category leaf removal

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

Thank you again. We appreciate our customers and we look forward to hearing from you again. Let us know how the new puppy is doing. :-)

12/11/2020

Scott B.

Removed a silver maple from my front yard. Done quickly and cleanly.

Description of Work
Tree Removed

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

Thank you for your feedback! I was a pleasure serving you. We also have mulch and firewood. Have a blessed day.

11/15/2020

Amber B.

Bryan came out and trimmed a tree that had been in my family for 50 years. It was weak had mistletoe grown all over it and was breaking in strong winds. He removed the mistletoe trimmed it and made it look the way it was suppose to. It wasn't a job i would trust anyone with. She passed when i was one. She planted this tree when my mother was a baby. Essentially it was all I had left of her. I could not be happier.

Description of Work
Trim trees

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

Thank you for your feedback.

12/11/2015

Monica B.

Work Completed On 01/11/2013

Thank you for your feedback. You are a valued customer.

04/16/2015

Ned M.

Description of Work
I never received a call back from them.

Work Completed On 04/09/2015

Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to learn more about your experience. I realize it was several years ago, but I want to make sure we grow from our mistakes. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with us. We are under new management and would appreciate the chance to provide you with outstanding customer service. Don’t hesitate to contact us for any tree service work or firewood you may need.

05/01/2013

Connie R.

I will not ever do business with this company again.

Description of Work
A representative of Big Bird came out to give me a bid on a very large burr oak that needed 3 dead limbs cut down and removed. They cut down only 2 limbs. When I broght this to their attention through numerous phone calls and emails, Mr Phillips (a representative of the company) came to my house and stated that his staff had complied with the contract and that the removal of the third limb would cost an additional $200.00.

Work Completed On 05/15/2012

11/19/2012

Richard J.

Description of Work
The owner gave me an estimate to trim some trees in my yard. And stated it would take 3-4 hours. After 8 hours, the work was still not finished. Then he showed up and said he could not finish the work unless they used equipment and I would have to pay over $2,000.00 more dollars (original bid was for $425.00. He then started raising his voice to me and said he never stated he could trim the tree up the sides. Needless to say, after such rude and disrespectful treatment, I told them to leave immediately. I refused to pay for such bad work, unfinished work and being intimated as being a liar. I rate this tree trimming company a F. Do not trust this company, you will be regretful and sorry you ever dealt with them! The worst experience in landscaping services I have ever had.

Work Completed On 11/15/2012

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our work. We are under new management and would appreciate the chance to provide you with outstanding customer service. Don’t hesitate to contact us for any tree service work or firewood you may need.

10/09/2012

PJ V.

Their bid was triple the amount of 3 other bids I got, so I decided to go with a different company. They continue to call me, when I am on a do not call list. When they call their name does not come through on the caller id. They call and it is extremely difficult to understand them. They have called me so many times that I know the number. I called the number back and asked who they were. I explained to her that I told them not to call me. I never got answers to questions that I asked her about their location and who owns the business. I told them that I was reporting them to the government. Before this she called and acted like I scheduled work with them. She told me that I scheduled the work and they needed to put me on the schedule to do it. DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN. LOSE MY NUMBER

Description of Work
They came out years ago and gave me a bid.

Work Completed On 07/16/2009

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive excellent service. We are under new management and would appreciate the chance to provide you with outstanding customer service. Don’t hesitate to contact us for any tree service work or firewood you may need.

05/08/2012

Linda & Robert T.

They did a pretty good. The price was pretty reasonable. They were professional and we were pleased.

Description of Work
They removed a huge scary tree.

Work Completed On 07/13/2011

Thank you for your feedback. We are under new management and would appreciate the chance to give you excellent customer service. Don’t hesitate to contact us for anymore tree service work or firewood you may need.

12/07/2011

Brandon G.

Had used Big Bird Tree Services several years in a row and noticed a consistent decline in service.The delivery person drove in my yard to make for easier unloading without my permisssion and left huge gouges in my lawn.He did not deliver a full cord so I called the company back. When he came, he argued with me about the size he had left claiming his foot was a full twelve inches. When I used a tape measure to show how he had shorted me, he then said he could stack the wood looser and that would make it a full cord.The woman who answers the phone in the office was not helpful in resolving the matter.It's been a few years, so I can't remember all the details, though I do remember feeling the woman on the phone was rude.

Description of Work
Firewood delivered and stacked.

Work Completed On 10/23/2008

Thank you for your feedback. I realize this was several years ago, but I want to make sure we grow from our mistakes. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with us. We are under new management and would appreciate the chance to provide you with outstanding customer service. Don’t hesitate to contact us for any tree service work or firewood you may need.

10/27/2011

Patricia C.

Big Bird was on time and did a very good job. I will use them again.

Description of Work
A large 15 year old bradford pear tree in my front yard died. Big Bird came out and cut it down and took it all away. They cut the tree to the ground and cleaned up my yard, the neighbors yard and the street.

Work Completed On 07/21/2011

07/15/2011

Stacey C.

Everything turned fine with this company. They were the cheapest company I could find. I would use this company again if need be.

Description of Work
They cleared some land for me.

Work Completed On 06/05/2010

06/30/2011

Cynthia R.

We have a very high roof and were plagued with critters in our attic. The guy that gave me the estimate was very knowledgeable about the types of trees and how to trim without killing them. The trimmers were helpful in suggesting what needed to be done. They were definitely not cheap but I was confident they knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
They trimmed trees back 8 ft from roof all the way around house. They ground up the limbs and cleaned up the debris.

Work Completed On 03/15/2011

12/01/2010

KATHY C.

They are difficult to communicate with at times, and they are a bit more costly than they should be. However, they do such high quality work, I continue to use their services.

Description of Work
I have used Big Bird Tree Service quite frequently. The last time I used their services, I had them remove a few trees, and trim out some dead branches. They did a wonderful job as usual.

Work Completed On 09/14/2009

Thank you for your feedback. You are a valued customer. Don’t hesitate to contact us again for any tree service work or firewood you may need. We are under new management and would appreciate the chance to correct the communication issues you may have had in the past with our company.

10/14/2010

PJ V.

They were very professional, punctual and understood what we needed, however, their price was not as competetive as others we talked to. We ultimately hired another firm for the job, however our decision was based largely on price.

Description of Work
We had used them previously and called them again for a large job prior to a re-roof.

Work Completed On 09/21/2010

Thank you for your feedback. We are under management so don’t hesitate to contact us for anymore tree service work or firewood you may need. Currently, our prices and service are unmatched in the industry.

07/07/2010

June G.

Trimmed trees, removed dead wood, braced a chinese pastachio tree, filled holes in trees. Four over 20 year old trees.Came on day that bulk trash was allowed to be on curb.

Description of Work
Came on time and performed service, cleaned up after.

Category firewood, tree service

Cost $757.75

Work Completed On 06/03/2010

04/26/2009

DIANE D.

Although the crew arrived within the promised time frame, it was up to me to find out when that was. The crew supervisor was very knowledgeable and interested in making sure I was satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
1st pruning of a seven-year-old oak tree and several wax myrtles. Hauled away my collection of large chunks of myrtles broken off by high winds.

Work Completed On 02/11/2009

01/03/2009

Heather M.

Great-they delivered it while I wasn't at home-per my request.

Description of Work
They delivered a cord of firewood.

02/02/2007

DOROTHY C.

In addition to all the exceptional service, they took my credit card over the phone the day I ordered!

Description of Work
I ordered a cord of wood, cut to size to fit my fireplace insert. It was cut to size and delivered the next day and stacked where I wanted it.

07/13/2006

GARY F.

The work provided was outstanding. I know this because this is what I did when I was in college. What really impressed me was the removal of all the small limbs and leaves not only from the yard but from the pool. There was not a single piece of wood, limb or leaf in the pool when the work was completed.

Description of Work
Removed a large tree limb over the pool. Added two cables to four large limbs to stabilize the tree.