ACAR Inc Air and Heating

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2009

We offer air conditioning, heating, repair and replacement. Also we offer duct cleaning, insulation, radiant barrier, and insulating replacement windows.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Adam S.
09/22/2017
Theodore F.
05/09/2016
Outstanding. They were early, which was good because I had told them that a bird had died in one of my vents and was stinking up the master bathroom. Alex Castelan made a lot of sense when he discussed possible costs and what it would take to evaluate and correct the problem. His initial estimate was $450 but was clear that it could easily go much higher if the birds had gotten elsewhere in the attic, or if the duct work was going to be inaccessible or complex. However, upon inspection he saw that the project was going to be close to his initial estimate of $450 and so stuck to that. He clearly explained what he was doing and why and showed me what he was doing. I believe he did only the work that was necessary. I had spoken to over a dozen HVAC and duct cleaning companies, and the next lowest estimate that made practical sense to me was $1000. Work was completed in a timely manner, only about 5 hours from knocking on my door to pulling away in his truck. The demeanor of the work team was professional and friendly. Alex even went an extra step and prepared a small bird house for no extra charge in an attempt to save a bird nest and the hatchlings he found in one of my vents. I will definitely use ACAR in the future for all of my HVAC needs. Thanks also to Angie's list for allowing me to find this gem of a contractor.
Description of Work
Inspected four external home exhaust vents for bird infestation noted by homeowner. Replaced one duct located in difficult to reach place; replaced four broken plastic external vent covers with aluminum, screened external vent covers; cleaned out two other ducts; made essential repairs to sections of ceiling that had to be cut out in order to reach ducts.
Linda W.
06/18/2014
Renae T.
10/29/2013
I was very pleased with their work. They were very professional and polite. I was told ahead of time if there were any problems with their work to please let them know so they could correct it. Everything was okay with no problems. Will definitely use this company again.
Description of Work
Cleaned out my air ducts.
Conrad M.
06/24/2013
Alex and his team were great. Very professional. Retorfitted an enitre downstairs system in one day including removing old duct work and installing new. We have a house built in the 20's so they spent 6 hours under the house. They kept the mess to a minimum and cleaned up before they left. If you need a new system install these are the guys for price and quality of work. .kalon
Description of Work
Retro fit of HVAC arihandler and condenser as well as total retrotit of duct work
Linda W.
12/17/2012
They arrived a couple of hours late due to wrapping up the previous job late. They were, however, diligent in their work and I am satisfied.
Description of Work
I had dealt with Alex in the past and was very pleased with his professionalism. Same goes for the crew that he sent to clean my air ducts.
Mario T.
10/02/2012
I have been using Alex and ACAR for years and have always recieved excellent service. This time I had the A/C unit serviced and cleaned as well as getting the condenser leveled. The service guy was on time and the work was completed quickly. Would highly reccomend him for anyone needing anytype of HVAC service. Prices are very reasonable as he doesn't have a lot of overhead to cover compared to many of the bigger name competitors.
Description of Work
A/C unit serviced and cleaned. Condenser unit leveled.
BRUCE J.
10/19/2009
I purchased a home that was built in 1947. It had window units and Alex installed a new central HVAC system in the house. Despite the rain and inclement weather, he and his crew did an excellent job. The system was installed professionally. He gave us the most competitive quote and performed exceptionally.
Description of Work
New 3.5 ton Trane system (condenser, evaporator, and gas furnace) + ductwork + electric panel upgrade to 150 amps + gas plumbing. We had a new system installed in an older home that did not have any central system previously installed. He also removed three old gas floor furnaces and accompanying concrete vent ducts.
JANE B.
06/26/2007
To be quite frank, I was not at all opposed to using this company. Their estimate and their presentation impressed me. The only reason I wound up not using them was because of a warranty program for home owners that I have which referred me to another service. For coverage reasons, I had used them instead. I would be willing to use this company though and I would even tell others they impressed me. They are not pushy, they seem very organized and they are intelligent and professional.
Description of Work
I got an estimate from this company on removing my old hot water tank, bringing it up to code and doing some minor pipe work for me in my 3000 square foot home. They told me I was going to be looking at about an eight hundred dollar bill.
water heater repair
CAROL R.
05/12/2004
THE PLUMBER WAS SLOW AND TOOK 3 HOURS JUST TO START. SHE KIND OF FIXED THE PROBLEM AND WAS POLITE, BUT THIS WAS NOT WORTH THE PRICE. THE WATER CONTINUED TO RUN EVEN AFTER SHE WAS DONE.
Description of Work
THEY CAME TO REPAIR A LEAK.
plumbing

Phone

10923 Indian Trl

Dallas, TX 75229

Other Information

Services offered

Services not offered

We do not offer plumbing.

Payment options

Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover
PayPal
Financing Available

FAQ

ACAR Inc Air and Heating is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

ACAR Inc Air and Heating is open:

ACAR Inc Air and Heating accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Yes, ACAR Inc Air and Heating offers free project estimates.

No, ACAR Inc Air and Heating does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Yes, ACAR Inc Air and Heating offers emergency services.

Yes, ACAR Inc Air and Heating offers warranties.

ACAR Inc Air and Heating offers the following services: Air Conditioning and Heating repair and replacement, duct cleaning, insulation, radiant barrier, insulating replacement windows.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Statewide Energy Solutions Inc

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Statewide Energy Solutions Inc

Exclusive builders of the most energy efficient windows. We created and trademarked the world's most energy efficient windows. Window technology has changed so much in the last 5 years that we here at Statewide Energy Solutions can basically guarantee that your home is wasting energy right now! No need to worry, though, because we here at Statewide Energy Solutions manufacture the Industries most efficient windows made right here in North Texas! At Statewide Energy Solutions, we’re passionate about bringing you the best energy efficient windows that will save you on your energy bill. We don’t think you should waste energy because your windows aren’t as efficient as they should be. We’re a cut above the rest because of our years of industry experience and acute attention to every aspect of the energy efficient window project. If you’re ready to add beauty, longevity, and savings to your space, then let us show you the windows we manufacture, as well as other quality manufacturers. Additional phone numbers - (855) 375-2249, (214) 960-2798, (972) 964-4422.

Tarrant Roofing

(33)

Tarrant Roofing

We specialize in all phases of window and siding services, repairs, replacements, installs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Brennan Enterprises Inc

Offers Coupon

Brennan Enterprises Inc

Serving DFW. Angie's Super Service Award for last 8 years. BBB A+ Rating. The Brennan family has been servicing the needs of the Texas homeowner since 1979 and plans on continuing to do so for generations to come. When we say we want to be your home improvement partner for life, we mean it. See website for additional service areas.**Please note we currently are not interior doors or repairs**