We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Restore Your Door Houston

Founded 1981 • With Angi since February 2006

14135 Huffmeister Rd

Cypress, TX 77429

Specialties At Restore Your Door we refinish and restore entrance doors... Nothing in your home gets more attention from a visitor or more neglect from its owner than an entrance door. It is opened, closed, banged and sometimes slammed; yet we expect it to serve us faithfully without much attention for years. A door keeps out the elements, secures our loved ones, welcomes our guests and creates a first impression. But there comes a time when it needs a little help... Restore Your Door provides that help! History Established in 1997 We are now offering Franchise opportunities and serving, Austin, Dallas - Forth Worth, San Antonio. Meet the Business Owner: Marvin M. Marvin Macotto has been in charge of Restore Your Door Since 2004 and since then there has been a lot of improvements. Our in-shop seven-to-ten day restoration process sets us apart from the one-day on site refinishers and costs only a little more. We guarantee the beauty, quality and finish of your restored door. Repairs;Commercial & Residential;1 Year Warranty;On Site Refinishing;Quality-in-Shop Restoration;Wood Door Refinishing Professional Clean Room Finish;Beautiful Secure Loaner Door...

07/25/2020

Lynn G.

Vendor contacted us very quickly and requested some basic information like door dimensions and photo. A quote was given online. Once we decided to proceed, vendor's employee arrived at designed time to remove door and replace with a temporary. We were told the work would take 1 week, and it did. We got a call on the morning of the day door was to be returned, and the employee arrived at the appointed time. The quality of the work was excellent. We have already recommended the vendor to friends.

Description of Work
Wooden front door, over 25 years old, needed refinishing.

Category doors

Ms.[Member Name Removed]: Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate doing business with you!

02/10/2020

Cynthia H.

They were great, we are pretty satisfied with their work. professionalism was good it was fine. They did a really good job of the our patio door, they really restored the doors and did a great job on that.

Description of Work
Restored 2 patio doors, front doors and painted the exterior of the house; wood fence restoration

Category house painters, doors

01/18/2020

Peter T.

Our doors were ten years old and really looking worn. Marvin came and recommended a color. We ended up having them restore not only our front doors, but garage doors, shutters and corbels! Taking the front doors off and restoring them in a shop is the only way to do this! They color choice was beautiful. The project was completed on time as promised. All of the doors look better than when they were new! People stop and look at our doors and continuously rave about how beautiful they look. Great job, responsive service. What a relief to find a company with this expertise and service. Keep it up!

Description of Work
Restoration of Front Doors Plus

Category garage doors, doors

01/09/2019

Clarence H.

It came out very well. They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
They removed my door and put in a temporary one then they refinished and restrained it.

01/02/2019

Shanna E.

The door looks good...not great..but certainly good. In addition to refinishing my door, they claimed to be experts at making the iron on the door look good again. I asked about their process and they explained it would be partially sanded down, all the chipped paint would be removed, a base coat of rust covering primer would be sprayed and several coats of paint would then be applied. The day after my door was returned, I noticed chipping in multiple places on the iron. No thorough sanding, no primer whatsoever. The chips in the paint revealed virtually no prep work. They had sprayed one coat of paint (drips and all). Very unprofessional job. When I called, they came out right away to get the iron. The responsiveness was very good. Unfortunately, because they did such a terrible job and had to redo it, I had to schedule two more times of meeting them at my house (to get the iron and to return the iron). They still charged me for the iron “refurbishing” despite the poor workmanship, outright misrepresentation, and taking up a lot more of my time. The end product was not good. There are still spots that weren’t painted and had the rust showing through. Overall, I paid way too much and would use another company next time.

Description of Work
Front door and iron restoration

10/27/2018

Doug A.

They brought a door to temporarily replace the front door and screwed it into place until the refurbished door would be returned. Seemed like the best way to avoid all the issues of cleaning, stripping, re-stain, etc. and running the house with a front door not fully closed (until stain and coatings are dry). We did this before on a previous house on a painted door, but the dry time for stain and coating would be longer, so we decided to use Restore Your Door Houston. All actions and follow-up were as scheduled in advance. Very pleased.

Description of Work
front door (wood stained) needed re-staining; also replaced hardware (locks, handles) using existing pattern we elected to call in Restore Your Door.

07/18/2018

Cynthia T.

They did a great job refinishing the exterior of my front door. The process was pretty painless....they came and took the front door and replaced it with a dummy door that they secure to the frame. They took my door to the shop to complete the work which probably gives it proper time to dry between coats. They gave me an appointment time for roughly a week later and they returned my door on schedule. It looks great and I’m happy with the service. Thanks!

Description of Work
Refinishing of front door

06/25/2018

Carl F.

They came - put up an non-opening replacement door - took my old door away - and when it came back looked like new! The leaded glass had a 'bracing bar' where the solder had broken - so, they rebuilt the leaded glass in the door (looks better than it did new)... Also, the hardware (dead bolt - latch/knob) had lost its finish due to the sun... - they also allowed me to pick out a new hardware set and put that on also... (extra charge of course... and the leaded glass repair was extra - I'm very, very pleased with the result! :-)

Description of Work
repair leaded glass and refinish front door...

06/24/2018

Cynthia G.

They did an excellent job. This is the 2nd time we’ve used this company. They remove the door and take it away, covering the opening with plywood.

Description of Work
Refinishing of our front door exterior

05/28/2018

Ernie N.

Excellent service, and excellent work. Door looks like new. Installed new weather strip.

Description of Work
Restored front door

03/27/2018

Daniel C.

Great job definitely know what they are doing

Description of Work
Refinished antique door

03/09/2018

ED & SUSAN K.

Marvin Macatto described what they could do for us and quoted a reasonable price. He sent Jesse, an excellent craftsman, to assess the damage, replace the doors with temporary ones, return with beautifully restored doors, refinish all the surrounding frame, and polish the door hardware. The doors, frames, and hardware look absolutely new. We were totally pleased with the finished work.

Description of Work
Our Oak French front doors, frames, transoms, and hardware were seriously degraded from sunlight, weather, and a lot of use and were badly in need of refurbishing.

02/16/2018

CONNIE R.

Wow - beautiful job. Restored to darker finish as requested and the door looks brand new inside and out - previously the outside did not match the stain to the inside: superb job. Thank goodness for this company.

Description of Work
Refinishing door inside and out

01/13/2018

Jodie D.

They were prompt, professional and our door looks brand new. They refinished both sides and we are extremely pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Our door needed refinishing after flooding from Hurricane Harvey.

12/09/2017

Thomas G.

I'm a pretty handy guy and planned to do it myself, but after about 5 years of planning to do it myself I decided to have RYD do it. I have no doubt that I could have stained the doors, but I am sure I would never have been able to do it as well as these guys did it. These look like brand new doors. My wife and I are very impressed. After bringing it up at work one day I found others at work had also used RYD and were very happy they did. This is a no brainer. I only regret it took me 5 years to call them! Also, the charges are lined out for you on an invoice before the job starts. They came to get them and came to install them within the exact time frames we agreed to.

Description of Work
I needed my two front doors to have the finished restored.

11/27/2017

Maryann W.

The outside of the door looks great. They stripped stain on the inside of the door, which had no issues to begin with and was not part of the refinishing. Once I pointed out the problem, they did have someone correct their mistakes timely. My biggest issue is that when my door was returned, the glass insert was loose. The company denied responsibility, saying it must have always been that way. Since I open that door every day, I would have noticed the vibrations in the past. They claimed there was nothing they could do. Now I am stuck with a door that vibrates every time it is opened.

Description of Work
Front door refinishing

Category doors

Mrs.[Member Name Removed]: We appreciate doing business with you and we want to assure you that Restore Your Door is compromised to provide the very best in Customer Service, we have more than 15 years of experience in the refinishing service and every time we bring a door to our shop we take care and protect every part, such as the hardware and glass, for NO reason we remove the glass from the door, there's no need for us to remove the glass when we refinish the door. Your door has an Insulated glass and this glass has 3 glass panels, the middle leaded glass is not weld (is loose) and the middle is filled with gas this allows the led glass to breath, for this reason every time you close your door you will hear the rattle noise, as we had explained you previously the glass has nothing to do with the door refinishing. We hope with this explanation you may understand the process. We want to Thank you for doing Business with us!

10/12/2017

Nicholas J.

We got referred to their Spring location and we called there to request services. Unfortunately we never got a call back to schedule a service call after speaking to their receptionist.

Description of Work
Our back door was not closing and we needed an estimate of services

Category doors

My apologies for the negative experience that you had with our customer service. We do our best to train our representatives on how to properly handle our customers' issues, Your job request was not handled properly, and we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not happen again. Once again our apologies and we hope you may give us another opportunity to provide you with a better customer service experience.

09/20/2017

Daniel C.

Great, used them several times now. This time we had an antique door restored with very fragile glas and they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Several Front doors restored

Category doors

We appreciate doing Business with you and we are committed to making our customers happy. Thank you for your feedback!

08/21/2017

Cristina R.

They did a great job, and even cleaning up after the job was complete.

Description of Work
they replaced my front door with a door I opened at Home Depot.

Category doors

We appreciate your Business, Thank you for your feedback.

08/14/2017

Patrick F.

Excellent response and high quality workmanship! I would recommend to any homeowner who is looking for the best in door refinishing.

Description of Work
Refinish front door.

Category doors

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your feedback.

08/07/2017

Jackie L.

They did a good job. I felt that they were over priced. But, I guess we'll have to see how long it lasts. After he had replaced the door, he told me I needed a new weather strip on my door. Then he said they would have to take it back to the shop to install. Why didn't they call me and ask if I wanted to put one on when they had my door at the shop? Now I will have to have the door removed again to get the weather stripping.

Description of Work
Refinished front door

Category doors

The issue was solved on site and there was no need to remove the door. Thank you! We appreciate your Business!

07/18/2017

Reine M.

It went great. The previous owners had painted the doors black. And they did a poor job at it. The doors were in a really bad shape. We were considering buying new ones because we thought they are beyond repair. We eventually decide to try and restore the door, and stain it with a brown color. Restore Your Door were more expensive than the others, but they did a great job. The doors looks brand new now. Definitely worth the money. I am very happy with my choice.

Description of Work
Restore my front door, including the frame, sidelites and transom

Category doors

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your feedback.

06/23/2017

Melissa R.

I called Restore Your Door Houston to inquire about installing a door. The guy was completely unprofessional. I asked about installing a door that would be bought elsewhere and the guy became hostile. He did not give me the chance to ask any other questions and hung up on me. He lost the chance at a potential customer (as we were open to using them for custom door work).

Description of Work
Simply called to see about installing a pre-bought door vs custom door work. Needed new front door with sidelites and back door.

Category doors

Mrs.[Member Name Removed]: We apologize for the inconvenience this situation may cause you, we have taken actions and we will make sure this won't happen again and that our personnel provides our customers with the best customer service experience. Once again our apologies and we hope you can give us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you, Marvin Macotto

05/25/2017

Julia F.

Arrived to take door as arranged. Installed fixed solid door in its place. Came back with refinished door as arranged. The door looks brand new.

Description of Work
They provide quality refinishing for your front door.

Category doors

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review, we appreciate your feedback.

05/24/2017

Leigh K.

Everything was done very well and on time.

Description of Work
Refinishing door

Category doors

Thank you for reviewing us! We're glad you are happy with the refinishing job done on your door.

Painting Pristine

As professional and experienced contractors, we provide our clients with a comprehensive approach to all of their projects, specializing in a wide range of services. Since we founded our business in 2011, we’ve been committed to our clients’ needs and satisfaction. Do you have a project or idea in mind that you want to get started on? We are here to make it happen. Get in touch to learn what we can do for you today. Hablamos Español!

Airborne Locksmith LLC

Airborne Locksmith is a family owned and operated locksmith company serving the Greater Houston area for more than 20 years. We are proud to be Houston’s leading locksmith company offering a complete range of locksmith services for residential and commercial customers. 24/7 emergency locksmith service available including weekends and holidays. Our main goal is to provide honest, professional and reliable locksmith services at competitive rates. We are Houston’s leading provider of High Security Locks and Safes. From residential to commercial locksmith issues, we handle every single project with care and close attention to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Our high quality services include: Lock Repair, High Security Locks, Car Keys, Car Lockouts, Lock Re-keying, Keys Duplication, Bump Proof Locks, House Lockouts, Evictions, Access Control, Security Bars, Security Rooms, Safe Sale and Repair, Safe Opening.

Offers by Airborne Locksmith LLC on Angi
    AAA Painting Residential Service

AAA Painting is a family owned and operated company with over 10 years of experience. We pride ourselves on customer service, excellent craftsmanship, and communication with our clients. We always use top brands such as Sherwin-Williams and hold ourselves to the highest quality standards in the industry. Please contact us today!

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español