Better Built Companies, LLC.

Founded 1992 • With Angi since March 2004

PO Box 2874

Coppell, TX 75019

Look for a roofing, siding & remodeling company who has experience and craftsmanship, is well established in the community, is financially stable, offers plenty of good references, provides a warranty and works with the top suppliers and vendors in the industry. Better Built Companies, LLC. meets all of these qualifications and more. For the past 22 years, we have built our business based on high quality workmanship, the ability to meet our commitments and exceed our customers' expectations and our unwavering commitment to offer the best value in a highly competitive market. We offer you one of the most experienced home remodeling, siding and roofing teams in the DFW Metroplex. We're the preferred provider for some of the best known home products in the country - including Owens-Corning and James Hardie....

12/27/2017

Marc F.

Better Built does exceptional work, very punctual and great follow up. Would highly recommend Robert and his team for any remodeling you may need...

Description of Work
House siding, new roof, interior painting, gutters, exterior painting

Category gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding,house painters,interior painters

11/05/2017

kristy A.

This company was not able to finish the job, because of issue with our insurance company and the lack of response from them returning phone calls. During the process, they lost their roofing crew. Finally have several attempts we gave up and had to use another contractor, which was able to come in and get the roof job repaired with a week of us signing a contract with them. Per emails, texts, and phone discussions, I worked with the, owner of Better Built and Todd regarding hail damage to our home, which occurred in March 2016. Todd came out to our residence on Monday, April 11, 2016, to access the damages. An agreement was signed to allow Better Built to discuss our claim on our behalf with our insurance company to repair the necessary damages. Todd was giving a check in the amount of $4,000 on May 11, 2016, to start repairs on the house. After several months of phone calls and text messages (usually that went unanswered with no response) to Todd, I began to have concerns that the work would not be completed. When Todd finally responded to us we were reassured that Better Built would be completing the repairs that several homes were being repaired and would get to us as soon as possible. Finally, the hardy plank was installed, the gutters were removed and the painting was completed. Another check was given to Todd for Better Built to begin working on the rest of the repairs, especially the roof, in the amount of $3,811 on July 29, 2016. Once again, after many unreturned, unanswered phone calls and texts messages, I finally contacted Mr. Guice. Who seemed really sincere over the phone and in his emails that the repairs would be completed in a timely manner and professionally. He reassured me that we would not be disappointed. I would worked directly with Mr. Guice, the owner. He assured me that a contract would be put in place with costs and estimated dates of completion. As many concerns and issues that we were having with his company, Better Built, I am disappointed he never once came out to our home and accessed the damages or the work that was completed by his company. Per his request, I made several, several phone calls and sent several emails to our claims adjusters, which the agreement that was signed by us authorized his company to work with our insurance company. After several months of calling and emailing the insurance company by Mr. Guice request and being told in emails that the work would be completed, it just was not happening. I have documented emails from Mr. Guice stating, there is no reason why the roof could not be completed whether whatever is happening with the insurance company, he even stated in the email that his company could complete it by October 5, 2016, which is in writing and it never happened. I sent pictures in myself to the insurance company because the front exterior door and shutters had hail damage which was not in the claim. The insurance added them to the claim and I later found out that they paid for a standard door instead of an 8” exterior door, which his company should have caught this mistake on our behalf. After countless phone calls, texts, and emails made by myself, I sent the owner an email on November 18, 2016, notifying him that we no longer wished to work with his company, the owner of Better Built Contractors Inc. and would be seeking another General Contractor to complete the repairs and requested a refund. I had spoken with some former customers in the neighborhood that have/had similar complaints and realized I did not have the faith in his company to complete the repairs in a timely and efficient manner. He responded by email stating he would revise the original itemize invoice, which was already sent to us, and add in his costs and then send it to me by email. I requested a status update over email on December 28, 2016 at 2:28 p.m., which was over 30 days from the original email that I sent to him. I waited for a response and finally tried contacting him by phone to speak with him regarding the status on the refund. He did not answer and I left a voicemail asking him to let me know if he would be sending a refund check and he never returned the call. He stated in his last email to me that he put in a lot of time and effort with no compensation. I think I spent a lot more valuable time on the phone with Mr. Guice, Todd, and the insurance company and other contractors trying to have our home repaired then you did on our behalf as the General Contractor. I sent two certified letters to the owner and both were returned. I emailed the letter to the owner and he responded saying he would look into getting us a refund. I have never heard back from him. The documentation received from Better Built shows they received a total of $7,811 and spent a total of $3,619 in labor and materials and if we add in an additional 30% for profit, that would come to a grand total of $4,704 leaving a total refund due in the amount of $3,107. However, no refund has been received from this company. This company is listed on the BBB Website under Better Built Siding & Window, LLC which has a Revoked accreditation and it is also listed on the BBB Website under the business name of Better-Built Contractors, Inc. The last email received from this company was on April 3, 2016 at 9:19 am from Mr. Guice stating he would review the letter that I sent him and send documentation back to discuss. Robert Guice, President-Manager, Better Built Companies, LLC. I have not heard anything back since that last email. Extremely disappointed with this company.

Description of Work
Repair and replace roof, paint exterior, chimney caps, gutters, windows, siding, door, shutters, exterior light fixtures

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows,house painters

10/25/2017

Maureen C.

Perfect! Will hire them again. The neighbors are raving about my "new home" and will probably get a quote from Better Built!

Description of Work
All new siding, soffits and fascia -- James Hardie; helped with the design to update the look of my home; helped with paint selections. Painted all outside surfaces.

07/25/2017

Bryan D.

This is second big job using Better Built. not as good of an experience this time but a few redeeming things toward the end. Job was roof replacement for hail damage in 2016. Damage was in March/April 2016 and contract signed in August. Roof work finally started in April 2017. Todd Guice is a good guy but not as responsive as he should be and did not keep me updated on when the work was to start. I had to call routinely myself to get an update, work was being delayed stating their roof guys were in Houston and not available. I had observed a number of other houses being worked on and there usually 5-7 guys working on the roofs. Our house is the biggest in the neighborhood and my house only had usually 3 guys. When the roofers started tearing off the old roof, shingles were going everywhere and causing a lot damage to my bushes and shrubs. there was no protection placed the perimeter. I had to call several times to get them to be more careful. Initially I tried contacting Todd for this issue but ended up speaking to Penny Guice who was the bright spot in this entire episode. she is very responsive to texts and calls and was great to work with. However, I was not happy overall with the level of onsite supervision and addressing my concerns on site. As an aside, I did find damage to one of my air conditioner units as it had holes knocked out in the top from shingle damage but did not note this until after the job was completed. In addition, shingles being tossed into my driveway hit my garage door and the door had to be repainted. The quality of the roofing appears to be good but for the size of the roof, they should have sent many more roofers to complete the job in a more timely manner and likely would have prevented damage to my bushes. The best work done was a exterior door replacement which was well done. Gutters were also done and I have already reviewed them on Angie's list, quality of work was fair and many aspects were quite sloppy and I had to complain a number of times to get the work done correctly. I took some time in collating my thoughts at this job. the work done was good but getting there was loaded with frustrations.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, Gutters, door replacement

Category gutter repair,roofing

07/20/2017

john V.

Great quality and price. Easy to work with. I highly recommend Better Built! My neighbors saw the work and asked me about it as well as contacting Better Built. The promises made to me were kept by Better Built.

Description of Work
James Hardie siding installed over a large portion of my home. My home is about 60% Brick and 40% siding (or more). They did great work over a large area of the exterior of my home.

Category electrician,gutter repair,lighting,siding,house painters

06/15/2017

Jason D.

Workers and management were very professional. Great workmanship. Very helpful in visualizing the final product and helping with decision-making.

Description of Work
Replaced siding, fascia, and soffits with Hardie. Installed new front door. Stained and finished front door. Painted garage door.

05/30/2017

Robert D.

Better Built did an excellent job and their follow up and attention to detail was spot on. The single biggest deciding factor to me was that the same same gentlemen (Todd Giese) had given me a quote a few years back and not only did he sell this job but also project managed it from start to finish to follow up.

Description of Work
Replace all the wood exterior of my house with Hardie Siding and paint the entire exterior of the house.

05/23/2017

Christopher B.

It took several weeks for them to begin (because they are in high demand), but once they began, they did a great job from start to finish!

Description of Work
Install hardiplank siding, a window, and an exterior fan with a light as well as paint the exterior.

Category siding,replacement windows,woodworking,house painters

04/17/2017

Richard K.

Project was completed on time, according to plan, and with an excellent attitude!

Description of Work
Replace siding around entire house and replace patio roof.

Category roofing,siding

02/03/2017

Jeanette R.

It went well. Only comment would be we had to ask several times about scheduling the roof job. We understand and can sympathize with labor shortages. However we just needed to know where we were at on the schedule. We will not let this stop us from using them again or recommending them to others.

Description of Work
We needed our roof replaced. We hired them as they had done other work for us and it was done nicely. They were also able to fix leaks on the roof near the chimney as well on the sunroom where others had not been able to do so. Price is very reasonable. We have thus recommended them to others on Next Door Neighbor as well as word of mouth.

Landmark Painting

With over 20yrs of Professional Painting experience we offer "Great High Quality Work At Great Price!" A fresh coat of paint or stain can bring new life to rooms, add curb appeal to homes and commercial buildings, and help protect your investment for years to come. We are happy to bid on all types of painting, or staining projects in the North Texas area. We will meet with you, at your convenience, and provide you with a free, written, detailed estimate. There will be no surprise charges added after the fact. Locally owned and operated, we are a small company with big capabilities, including interior painting, exterior painting, commercial painting, deck and fence finishing, and drywall repair and installation. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Landmark Painting on Angi
    EcoView Windows and Doors

Replacement windows and doors increase the value of your home, improve energy efficiency, and save you money on your energy bills. Our professional installers replace your old windows/doors with Energy Star rated new windows or doors to fit your needs. Set up a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our professional consultants. We'll discuss your needs and create a plan for replacement windows you'll love with an affordable budget. A special offer includes 0% interest for 18 months with approved credit.

Offers by EcoView Windows and Doors on Angi
    Spray-Net Dallas

Spray-Net applies premium custom coatings to provide factory-like finishes to exterior surfaces and interior cabinetry. Our patented custom coatings are specifically formulated to the surface being coated in order to provide premium look and performance on brick, stucco, vinyl siding, aluminum siding, fiber cement siding, doors, windows and cabinets. We also utilize a weather-adjusted application process which allows for optimal adhesion. Spray-Net guarantees its coatings against peeling for 15 years! No other painter has access to our proprietary coatings and processes so no other painter will provide any guaranty like this. Our coating look great and add value. Our brick paint/stain will give you the new color you desire without losing the texture or breathability of your existing brick. Our vinyl, aluminum and stucco paints extend the life of the surface. Our cabinet paints give a finish that is harder and more durable than new cabinets just out of the factory.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available
    $250

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Better Built Companies, LLC.

How is Better Built Companies, LLC. overall rated?

Better Built Companies, LLC. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Better Built Companies, LLC. open?

Better Built Companies, LLC. is open:

What payment options does Better Built Companies, LLC. provide

Better Built Companies, LLC. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Better Built Companies, LLC. offer free estimates?

Yes, Better Built Companies, LLC. offers free project estimates.

Does Better Built Companies, LLC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Better Built Companies, LLC. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Better Built Companies, LLC. offer a senior discount?

No, Better Built Companies, LLC. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Better Built Companies, LLC.?

No, Better Built Companies, LLC. does not offer warranties.

What services does Better Built Companies, LLC. offer?

Better Built Companies, LLC. offers the following services: Roofing, James Hardie siding installation, windows, painting, room additions, remodeling, outdoor living, and patios.