Parrot Head Pool Service

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2009

14148 Horseshoe Bnd

Conroe, TX 77384

We practice social distancing protocols

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Super Service Award Winner from 2009 through 2018! Welcome to Houston's #1 Rated Pool Service. Parrot Head Pool Service offers a complete line of services for your swimming pool needs. Established in 2006 we have quickly become known for our outstanding service and quality of workmanship. You can trust Parrot Head Pool Service, with over 20 years industry experience we can quickly diagnose any issue and fix most problems with one visit. We have 8 Maintenance and 2 fully stocked Service trucks ready for quick reliable service. Parrot Head can also make your pool look new again. Call our Remodeling Department for a free estimate our services include plaster, tile coping, water features and deck work. Owner operated call our office and ask for Pamela Doke anytime....

pool cleaning (315)handyman (4)

12/14/2020

Patricia M.

Very disappointed. Wondering if the company changed owners? This has been my go-to pool repair company but most or all of their staff seems to have changed. Recently needed to replace the filter timer. Their quote was $250. I know that I can buy the part online for about $50 from multiple sources, so I'm guessing their cost is less. The change takes about 15 minutes for me..presumably the same or less for them. I was hoping to hire someone to do it, but $200 for about 15 minutes of work is excessive, in my opinion. Their work had always been good, prices reasonable but that seems to have changed. Sad that I need to find a new company.

Description of Work
Intermatic timer replacement

Category handyman service, pool cleaners

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

11/04/2020

Michelle A.

Parrot Head has been great! We just bought a home with a pool for the first time, so we are pool novices. The guys at Parrot Head have been great about answering all of our questions and teaching us about pool care. The previous homeowners left the pool and the pool equipment in disrepair, so Parrot head had to replace a lot of the equipment, fix fountains and heaters, etc. I would highly recommend them, and we will be continuing to use them for all of our pool needs.

Description of Work
Pool repair and pool maintenance

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

05/23/2018

Felice A.

Parrot Head was very easy to work with, from the staff who answers the phone to the technician who performed the work on our pool.

Description of Work
Replacing pool heater and lighting

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

03/29/2018

LISA C.

Parrot Head has been doing weekly pool cleaning for us for nearly six years. When we needed the pool refurbed, we talked to Parrot Head and some other companies. We chose Parrot Head in the end. We had a great experience with this. All our desires were fulfilled in a timely fashion. A few small issues arose (as expected), but the company responded quickly and positively. The "new" pool looks great and we are extremely satisfied. A big call out to James (the project manager) and Miguel (tile and plumbing). They did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
Complete refurbishing of our pool (plaster, title, stone on Spa, stone deck sealing, some plumbing work)

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

03/12/2018

Randy W.

Replaced a component in the pump and said this pump should last another year,, saved some real dollars!

Description of Work
Pump stopped working

Work Completed On 03/12/2018

Thanks for the kind words

01/23/2018

David N.

Good value, excellent service and professionalism. They offered a good price and delivered as promised.

Description of Work
Replace pool heater

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

10/25/2017

Janene S.

Staff is super nice and professional and would have kept using them if they got my pool clear.

Description of Work
I needed to drain and refill the pool which was green. They came out and drained and refilled it and added a bunch of chemicals to it but it never came back not green, even after they changed the multi port valve which was bad. It is now not green but did it myself with swamp treat.

Work Completed On 08/11/2017

10/02/2017

Arlene C.

Chris did an excellent job and was very professional. Explained overall functions of new heater and gave us the manuals for it. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Replace heater and repair pool light which wasn't working. Also, a malfunctioning spa jet was replaced.

07/21/2017

George G.

Professionally done with excellent follow-up. Very honest and dependable. I have been managing my pool by bringing my water to be tested at a popular pool store. My CYA level was over 100, but they never mentioned this to be a problem. I kept adding more chemicals bought from their store and never having a balanced pool. I called Parrot Head to clean my filters and showed them my chemistry reports and the truth came out. If the CYA level is high the other chemicals won't work, have to drain the pool to get rid of the high CYA. I now bring my water to be tested at Parrot Head because they are honest and dependable.

Description of Work
Pool had to be drained due to high CYA level.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

06/19/2017

Sky B.

Very well. The new heater has a smaller footprint and is super reliable.

Description of Work
Jay replaced our 10-year old pool heater.

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

06/08/2017

Franc C.

We never got a call back from them, although, we had used Parrot Head before. We contacted another provider, and they came out the very same day and completed the service at a cheaper price.

Description of Work
I called two days in a row and left messages with a lady receptionist requesting a call back as we were interested in pool service.

Work Completed On 06/08/2017

06/05/2017

Jim N.

They are easy to talk to and do good work.

Description of Work
I have used PHPS for a number of repairs.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

Thank you for your continued support.

05/23/2017

Andres V.

We have used Parrot Head from the moment we moved in. They have us a class on pools. Anytime we have an issue with the pool we call them. Not the cheapest but we like them.

Description of Work
Pool school and some maintenance work.

Work Completed On 05/14/2016

Thank you for the kind words. We are always here to help.

05/09/2017

William G.

Second time this as happened need to find another pool company .

Description of Work
Called two weeks ago to get leaky valve repaired . Haven't even received a call back to schedule an appointment.

Category pool cleaners

We appreciate every opportunity to deliver good customer service. When ever a service call is set we inform the customer that the technician will call in the morning to verify the appointment and to provide a window of time that they will arrive. We dont require you to be home at the time, we just need to be able to contact you to get any work needed approved. We made 3 attempts to reach you the morning your appointment was scheduled. We left a message each time and on the final call we left a message relaying that the call would need to be rescheduled since no one was answering the phone. The technician left messages at 8:24 and 9:27 that morning and the final call was from the Service Manager at our office just before 10.

05/05/2017

Joyce H.

Parrot Head Pool Service are professional and responsive. They provide weekly service and general maintenance. We only have to call once if there is a problem, and they promptly return the call. FANTASTIC!

Description of Work
We need regular service and overall maintenance of the pool and pool equipment.

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

05/03/2017

Susan D.

Mark was awesome. I described the problem over the phone and he recommended a self-repair solution that worked. He didn't get my business this time but he absolutely will next time!

Description of Work
Pool pump motor stopped working.

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

04/12/2017

George and Darla W.

It was fantastic. Their customer service is unbelievable! They're very polite and nice, showed up on time, and did an excellent job. At one point a tile actually broke but they repaired it on their dime. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They removed the calcium deposit from the tiles in the pools.

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

03/29/2017

Craig W.

Parrot Head recommended replacement of the heater. We deferred until the fall to have it done. They were professional, prompt and courteous.

Description of Work
Parrot Head came out to diagnose a pool heater which was not functioning.

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

02/02/2017

james P.

First, my diagnosis would have cost me $600+ One quick call to Mark convinced him and me the fix was only $100! Mike did all the work. Very, very knowledgeable. Professional and communicated very well. I needed a part, Parrot Head was okay with me finding and purchasing the part. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired Pool circuit board issue, filter cleaning. Pipe repair.

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

01/27/2017

Russell W.

Paid for the diagnostic visit with an Angies list deal (saved me $10) but rejected the actual work. The people are VERY friendly and VERY professional. I could not be happier with that part. However the price for equipment was 50% more than I can get anywhere else, and the labor fees are fairly steep. Even when I showed prices from Pentair approved vendors, they would not match. So I paid $85 to end up doing it myself.

Description of Work
Diagnose an issue and replace a spa-side controller.

Work Completed On 01/27/2017

01/16/2017

KEN K.

Parrot Head personnel spent a great deal of time explaining how the pool equipment worked as a combined system (this is our first pool). Their recommendations for replacement equipment was based on their on-going experience with the equipment, and the working relationship that they had with the manufacturer. I Googled their recommendations to be exactly as they had stated.

Description of Work
Replacement of all pool equipment and on-going weekly pool maintenance.

Work Completed On 07/11/2016

01/03/2017

Rich W.

Parrot Head has been punctual and explained everything in clear non-condescending terms. Everyone we have talked to has been friendly and helpful, I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We needed to have our pool drained and acid washed due to the lack of maintenance by the previous owners.

Work Completed On 01/02/2017

Review for Parrot Head Pool Service - 14148 Horseshoe Bnd, Conroe, TX - 34218746

01/03/2017

SHERYL S.

replaced 2 pool lights, extremely knowledgeable, performed task quickly, reasonable price

Description of Work
excellent company!