Foreman's General Store

With Angi since October 2004

Additional website: www.homebrewerysupply.com....

07/03/2018

Chris B.

Foreman's was upfront and honest with fee for tune up and prompt with repair.

Description of Work
Lawn mower had been sitting in garage for 5 years without use. Needed tune up

12/21/2012

Brian S.

I brought a Still FC55S edger in that was not running. I asked them to repair it as inexpensively as possible. They wrote down "repair cheaply". They said there was a $30 deposit that would towards the "carb service fee". I didn't hear back for a week, so I call and was told that the mechanic was out. A few days later I got a call that it was ready. When I arrived to pick it up, I was told it would be an additional almost $60. When I looked at the itemized bill, I was first frustrated that the bill was that high for an edger and there was no call to approve that expensive of a repair. Second with my comment to repair inexpensively, I never would have thought the bill would be $90, at least without a call telling me it was going to be different that what I asked for. Finally, they did no actual repair, in the sense that they just replaced everything, including things such as the fuel line and air filter that probably didn't need to be replaced. They were not sympathetic and pretty much said that is the way it is.

Description of Work
Replaced carburetor, fuel line, air filter, on Stihl FC55S edger

12/01/2011

Sean P.

Foremans did a great job. They provided me a reasonable and realistic estimate of services and price. They ended up charging me slightly less for the repairs. They provided me an estimated date they would be complete (about 5 days) but said it was sometimes quicker. They ended up calling me after only 2 days with it ready to go. Great experience and would use them again.

Description of Work
They serviced my lawn mower including new blade, carburator service and clean up.

06/29/2011

Sandy M.

Very busy place...interesting items for sale like the old-timey country stores. Mostly menfolk there but they do a big business.

Description of Work
Took in lawn mower for service in order to start mowing my own yard. They said it would take 3 weeks. It took one week and I was very glad because my neighbor had been mowing for me. Good job!

05/05/2007

Ian S.

The mower had stopped running after storage for the winter. They did a great job. Replaced the air filter, cleaned the carburetor, replaced the oil and even cleaned it while they had it in. They charge a $30 check-in fee, which is applied to the final repair bill. They had it done when they said they would, which at this time of year was one month. They told me that up front, and that's exactly what it turned out to be.

Description of Work
Repaired my lawn mower.

06/09/2006

AUSTIN R.

Quick turnaround and the mower ran better.

Description of Work
Mower tune up.

07/18/2005

Carl R.

AFTER CHECKING ANGIE'S LIST FOR A GOOD PLACE TO REPAIR MY LAWN MOWER, I CALLED SOME PLACES. TO THE CREDIT OF KYLE'S BIKE & MOWER SHOP, THEY WERE UP FRONT THAT IT WOULD TAKE AT LEAST TWO WEEKS TO RETURN THE MOWER. THEY RECOMMENDED FOREMAN'S. WHEN I CALLED FOREMAN'S, THEY GAVE ME A 4-TO 6-DAY ESTIMATE -- WHICH SEEMED VERY REASONABLE. I BROUGHT THE MOWER IN, RETURNED HOME, AND REC'D A CALL ABOUT 90 MINUTES LATER INDICATING THAT THE TRANSMISSION ON THE BACK WHEELS WAS SHOT. IT WASN'T GOING TO BE CHEAP TO REPAIR, BUT IT WAS MY JUDGMENT CALL ON WHETHER I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WORTH IT -- COMPARED WITH BUYING A NEW MOWER. I GAVE THEM THE GO-AHEAD -- AND THEN REC'D A CALL BACK 90 MINUTES LATER THAT THE MOWER WAS DONE, TUNE UP AND ALL! DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE GRASS-MOWING SEASON, FOREMAN'S PERFORMED A COMPLICATED REPAIR, THOROUGHLY CLEANED UP MY MOWER, AND HAD IT READY TO GO WITHIN 3 HOURS! I WAS ASTONISHED AND APPRECIATIVE.

Description of Work
THE COMPANY GAVE MY LAWN MOWER A TUNE UP, REPAIRED VARIOUS SMALL ITEMS, AND REPLACED THE TRANSMISSION WHICH TURNED THE BACK WHEELS WHICH MAKE MOWING EASIER.

07/10/2005

TRACY E.

THE MECHANIC, DAVID, WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME BY THE LOCAL STIHL DISTRIBUTOR BLUE MOUNTAIN EQUIPMENT. DAVID IS VERY HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND EFFICIENT IN HIS WORK.

Description of Work
REPLACED CARBURETOR IN STIHL HEDGE TRIMMER AND REPLACED PRIMARY AND SECONDARY AIR FILTERS.

10/28/2004

RICK T.

JOB TOOK SEVERAL DAYS LESS THAN THEY ESTIMATED. THEY MADE A SMALL ERROR IN THE ORIGINAL REPAIR; THEY FIXED IT PROMPTLY AT NO CHARGE AND TOLD ME IT WAS THEIR ERROR. I HAVE USED THEM MANY TIMES AND THEY ARE ALWAYS PROFESSIONAL, POLITE AND COURTEOUS.

Description of Work
REPLACED RATCHETS ON REAR WHEELS ON SELF-PROPELLED MOWER.

10/22/2004

RONDA W.

MY HUSBAND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE JOB PROVIDED BY FOREMAN'S SERVICE DEPARTMENT. WE HAVE ALSO BEEN PLEASED WITH SERVICE TO OUR LAWN MOWER AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOREMAN'S.

Description of Work
THE PULL-CORD ON MY HUSBAND'S CHAINSAW WAS BROKEN AND COULDN'T BE STARTED. FOREMAN'S FIXED THE CORD, REBUILT THE CARBURETOR AND GAVE THE CHAINSAW A MUCH NEEDED TUNEUP.

Foreman's General Store

With Angi since October 2004

3800 Colleyville Blvd PO Box 308

Colleyville, TX 76034

Power equipment sales and maintenance, lawn & garden supplies, organics, home & patio, grills, home brewing, feed, seed, & pet supplies, bird houses, hot sauces