Open as essential service business.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Secret Simple Computer Repair

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2015

1320 Arrow Point Dr

Cedar Park, TX 78613

My name is Shane, and I am a mobile computer repair expert with over 10 years' experience and hundreds of happy clients! I do the following: * Fix slow computer, including viruses, malware, and Trojans removal * Blue screen or black screen problems/boot and reboot problems * Internet connection problems * Passwords reset/unlocking welcome screens/removing passwords * Data migration, transfer, backup and recovery level 1 and 2 (RAID) * Software upgrades and technical support I also do hardware repair/performance enhancements with wholesale pricing on the following: * LED/LCD screens, keyboards, hard drives, and motherboards * Cracked screens/LCDs (all tablets, Ipads, and cell phones) * Fans and internal cleaning * Batteries/power supply components, memory upgrade, and much more! I additionally do the following: * Customer websites, blogs, computers, and printers for sale! * Live computer training on MAC, Windows, android, apps, software, and email * Set up printers, fax machines, scanners, Ipods, new laptops/desktops, cameras, network routers, wireless routers, email, web and applications! When you contact me today, you speak directly to me and schedule me to come to you at your apartment, home, or office around your work schedule this week!...
Motherboard Diagnostic  project
Motherboard Diagnostic

computer repair

201778748

09/24/2017

Mark S.

Turned out not to be a battery/power issue but a defunct mother board. We appreciated Shane trying each possible source of the issue before we got the last diagnosis. He even showed us how to pull the old files off the hard drive so at least we still had all our data.

Description of Work
Thought my laptop had a power issue that needed fixing.

09/20/2017

Glenna B.

Shane knew exactly what the problem was and got the job done. I thought, well maybe he knows hardware, but I also had a printer/copier/scanner that I thought may stump him. Not at all. He got it all done! Excellent rate ($50) so I tipped him $30 because he spent 2 hours working on it. I had another quote for $95. Glad I used Shane.

Description of Work
Could not get on the internet. There was some problem with Windows 10. Also, was not able to make new printer/scanner combo work.

07/25/2017

Paula B.

Shane got the computer working again. Got Yahoo email to work on my phone. Helped me with passwords and putting on a antivirus program and removing junk software programs I did not want.

Description of Work
HP Touchsmart computer was not starting. Also could not log into yahoo email on phone. And needed help with some passwords.

09/22/2016

Steve J.

Shane was prompt, courteous, and thorough. When my hard drive failed, I called Shane in the afternoon. He arrived within 1 hour, quickly diagnosed the issue on site, and suggested a few repair and replacement options along with their pros/cons. I elected hard drive replacement. Shane took my PC and returned it the next morning with new hard drive installed and Windows loaded. Shane went above and beyond the call of duty by preinstalling several useful apps such as browsers, cleaning out my PC's fan for no extra charge, and tweaking settings on our wireless router to improve Wi-Fi speed throughout the house. Shane really knows his stuff. Excellent turnaround time. Price was reasonable (and included the new hard drive) Highly recommend Shane

Description of Work
Diagnosed and replaced faulty hard drive in desktop PC

07/30/2016

Nanda B.

Shane is a very personable young man who came to our home to upgrade our computer and clean it up. He is very knowledgeable about computers but can explain what he has done in a novice way so even a person who is not real computer literate can understand. I had to contact him after he left about a problem and he was quick to get back to me to fix the problem. I really like that I don't have to drop off our computer some place and wait 3 or 4 days. I will definitely call Shane again if needed and will recommend him to all my friends. His price is extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
Upgrade to Windows 10

06/08/2016

Barbara B.

Best computer guy I have ever come across for all your needs. He knows his stuff and is very reasonable in cost. I will always use him from now on for all my computer needs and give him referrals. It is really nice to find someone who know what they are doing.

Description of Work
Tune up windows 10 computer, removed viruses, fixed software issues, helped understand my gps Nexstar ad camera sd card, showed me sc card slot on computer, fixed scanning on my hp printer, made shortcuts to things I needed, Setup firefox to get to my email and facebook accounts introduced online faxing and created shortcuts to free websites to use

06/06/2016

Debbie D.

Lovely, Shane is efficient and professional. He tells you what you need to know but does not chat too much if it will be confusing. He will educate and coach you to the extent that you wish to absorb. He is so experienced that he just tunes things up that you did not even notice you were having trouble with. I feel confident he would find anything that stood out to him.

Description of Work
Macbook Air computer. Confirmed external hard drive failed, formatted new, defragmented to help it run faster, installed malware on my browsers, educated me on some iCloud issues, and taught me how to use the free cloud to store some items that were slowing my computer. General tune up.

03/04/2016

Marlene P.

You know, when your husband is blind and you have to do EVERYTHING with business and upkeep, you get used to being ripped off because businesses know that ignorance is where they can rip you off. How wonderful to find a young man who is respectful and honest. Shane, you've got my business from now on.

Description of Work
Cleaned up Windows 10 updates that were slamming and jamming my computer. Examined my husband's computer...

12/04/2015

Robert D.

Description of Work
Computer maintenance and updates

11/18/2015

Al H.

Description of Work
He fixed my laptop’s Microsoft outlook and removed a virus; he also fixed a computer that wouldn’t boot up.

11/18/2015

Benton R.

Description of Work
They replaced the battery in two different computers, which were hard to locate. They also cleaned up those two computers too.

Bridget G.

Description of Work
He’s repaired 3-4 of my computers over the last few years.

Kenneth W.

Description of Work
He cleaned up my computer and redid everything on it. He eliminated viruses and made it run faster and more efficiently.

Alice H.

Description of Work
He transferred information from my PC to my laptop. The second time he helped me, he cleaned my laptop when it got a virus.

l kevin J.

Description of Work
He’s helped fix my computer and the printer. He’s also helped me with programs on the computer too. He could work on his communication but he’s very responsive and reliable. He works on hardware and software, on desktops and laptops.

01/18/2015

kenneth M.

Shane replaced the laptop CPU fan, but the fan was still making loud whirring noise. He came back, No additional fee ( 90 day warranty ) tested, troubleshooted and fixed the fan. Shane did a great job!

Description of Work
Replaced the laptop CPU fan

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    Mike's Computer Repair

Please call Mike at 480-580-9648. I opened Mike's Computer Repair (480-580-9648) in 1994 with the desire to provide honest, reliable and friendly computer services in Maricopa County and across the United States. I provide on-site computer repair at your home or office for any problems or upgrade issues you may be having. I am also able to use remote access software to control your computer and address problems without having to visit. Not sure what to do? Call 480-580-9648 and It will always be Mike that answers the phone! 480-580-9648

Website Design & Development
    PayPal, Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

* Fix Slow Mac and PC Windows Computers * Software and Hardware Diagnostics * Data Recovery * Hard Drive upgrades to Faster Solid State Drives without losing data * Virus Removal * Recover passwords including Apple ID, Email, and Microsoft

Whatever I cannot do I will gladly refer you to someone that can: *Cracked screens & lcd's. * Screen replacements * Websites. * Web design. * Programming. * Phone screen replacement.