Emerald Cut Lawns & Landscape Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since April 2008

609 E Pleasant Run Rd

Cedar Hill, TX 75104

Additional email - ernesto@emeraldcutlawns.com. Additional contact names - Magali Beyer & Carol Marin....

10/12/2016

Ronald L.

I've been using them for 2-3 years. Very happy.

Description of Work
They come out and cut our grass every week.

10/12/2016

Ronald L.

Description of Work
Cutting grass.

07/22/2016

Donna B.

02/25/2014

Brian H.

It was a good experience overall. The crew was hardworking and dedicated. I had no problems. They were noninvasive.

Description of Work
I used the services of Emerald Cut Lawns & Landscape. They built a retaining wall around the house.

Category hardscaping

07/02/2013

EDWARD F.

Well it did not go that well. Ernesto was called to give an estimate, 3 weeks later I called to see what happened, he finally came out and gave me an estimate of 1000.oo to 1100.00. they came to do the job 1 1/2 weeks later. Job was not done as promised, they threw 1 piece of flagstone in with mulch around it. They were suppose to do the area like the walkway that they did previously, not even close. They did not remove the post, and did not trim the tree. We called Ernesto to complain and he sent someone out the following week. Then we recieved a bill for another $200.00. I called Carol last thuesday and she said she would have to get with Ernesto and would call back. Monday I call her again, and she said she would call me back, she had to talk to ernesto, well no call yet. I would not use this company again, and I would suggest you don't either. We have used them before and there was always some sort of small problem. But this was the last straw.

Description of Work
Cleaned flower beds, trimmed bushes, and trees. Added a flower bed in back yard, put in some bushes in 1 flower bed. Put in some flagstone to replace blocks. Removed poles on a tree they planted 2 years ago.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

05/28/2013

Nathan S.

Emerald Cut has greatly improved the aesthetic appeal of my yard. The number of weeds has dropped significantly, and the lawn is mowed twice weekly, with shrubs being trimmed once per month as needed. My only issue at this point is getting invoices for the work performed; I'm planning on calling them this week to discuss. In every other regard, they have been responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Trim shrubs, mow lawn.

05/20/2013

SANDRA J.

I contacted Emerald initially on April 12th, they said they would come out the next week to give me an estimate. They came out on the 14th. I spoke to Ernesto I believed on the 15th we agreed to them cutting the grass, on the 15th then coming out on the 18th to look at my sprinker system. We agreed for them to fertilize my yard once the sprinklers were adjusted and he would provide me with a lock so they could have entrance to my backyard. I came home on the 15th the yard was not cut. I left a message that evening, no return call. No call Monday morning. I called mid day and he said oh yes, am I to come out today, well i just happened to be in your neighborhood so we will stop by. They did, agreed to come out again to cut the grass later that day and said he only needed to adjust the heads and the cost would be $75. They never came back to cut the grass. i called again, and they finally cut the grass on the 20th. We also agreed on the 18th for them to cut the grass every week. Next week, no show, the following week, no show. But I did get a bill for $125 for the sprinkler and $48 for cutting my yard, which should have been $75 and $42 for a weekly cut. I called him again on May 6th to see why the higher cost on the sprinker and why my yard was not getting cut. He said he was on the way to the office and would call me right back. I have yet to receive a phone call back. However on Wednesday the 8th they came and cut the grass. I haven't received a bill and I don't know if they plan to come back. They never fertilized and never provided the lock.

Description of Work
Adjusted my sprinklers and cut my grass twice

Category landscaping

05/06/2013

Adam Johnson J.

Our grass was really tall and we have a large backyard. They charged about $100 for the initial cleanup and we have signed up for a bimonthly service for $45 per mow. Just basic lawn care - no fertilization or anything. The price is high, but it is worth for the quality and reliability of the service.

Description of Work
Basic lawn care cleanup

05/02/2013

CJ M.

I would have loved to give this company an 'A'. The crew that actually did the work was EXCEPTIONAL. They exceeded my expectations. However, the sales rep, Ernesto, gave me pause. On three separate instances, he stated things to me that he directly contradicted later or never followed through with. I have, therefore, not contracted with them again and will be looking for another company. I would recommend that the company review this particular sales reps behavior. If he is the owner of the company, then buyer take note that Ernesto does not always state fact nor follow through on his word. - Contractor forgot to schedule the work. - Ernesto blamed it on the "office girl". When trying to reschedule the work, I was told his crews did not work on Saturdays. No worries, we scheduled for the following week on a weekday. Yes, I had to take the day from work. Scheduling mishap is an understandable oversight if it were an isolated experience. But added with the other occurrences, it ended up being a minus. - Crew did not have time to complete the work. When working with Ernesto to schedule another weekday, he said they could do it on Saturday. When I thanked him for making a special effort to come on Saturday when they normally do not work on Saturday, he informed me that they always work on Saturdays. (What?? - see first item) - Another 1/2 day was required to finish the work which had the crew working into the evening. Ernesto offered to come by, walk the property with me to ensure I was satisfied with the work, and collect the check. Not something I requested or expected, but I appreciated it and indicated I also wanted to discuss future work at that time. When the crew chief called him to inform the work was completed, instead of coming by as he indicated, Ernesto called me and told me to just give the crew the check. When I mentioned he had indicated he would come by, Ernesto said he never said that.

Description of Work
Extensive tree trimming in the front and back yards. 6 trees total, plus decorative tree-shrubs on side of house. The crew's work was outstanding. You could tell they took great pride in their work.

04/26/2013

Leslie D.

It has been great. It's easy to get in touch with them, and their crews are very knowledgeable and work quickly.

Description of Work
They fertilize and mow our lawn, and they maintain our shrubbery on a regular basis.

03/20/2013

Jim R.

Ernesto responded to my call within a couple of days. Spent some time walking the lawn area with me providing some suggestions and answering questions regarding the lawn. He called before showing up, was prompt and courteous. They are a little expensive but I knew the price beforehand and the crew did a good job.

Description of Work
Prepped and mulched all flower beds. Leveled and sodded 36 square foot lawn area.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

02/15/2013

Kim H.

I was satisfied. I would tell other members to make sure and get the price ahead of time. After we were finished with everything then they hit you with the price and I was kind of shocked. It was a little expensive for what they did. I told them yes they could do it and then they told me the price, so get the price first before you commit to it. They cleaned up a lot of dead branches and brush. They piled it up and made a big burn pile out of it in my back yard and that was eventually burned down. They did a good job. They responded to all my questions. I would use them again as long as I get the price ahead of time.

Description of Work
Emerald Cut Lawns & landscape came out to my house and did one job about 2 months ago. They cleared up my landscape. They cut down trees and cleared up brush and stuff like that.

02/11/2013

Brian H.

the job was done real well. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
We used Emerald Cut Lawns & Landscape to fix our retaining wall on the house. They also mow our lawn.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

12/12/2012

Cynthia R.

Ernesto was prompt and professional when we met to give me an estimate. He gave me a detailed written estimate and promised to do the work the following Monday. The work was completed while I was at work so I did not see how it was done or how long it took. Everything was done as written in the estimate.

Description of Work
They removed a broken tree limb that was hanging over our neighbor's fence. They cut-up and removed the wood and brush. They removed leaves and debris from the lawn.

09/30/2012

Deborah D.

I have been using Emerald cut for several years as have my parents. They do fantastic work. When I call the office, I feel like we're old friends! I'm treated like a person, not a client. If I ever have any (minor) problem, it gets resolved immediately. Yes, they can be a little pricey, perhaps, but the efficiency, quality and professionalism are well worth it.

Description of Work
Emerald mows, edges and weed-eats my yard on a bi-weekly basis. They leave the sidewalks, porches and driveways very clean. It generally takes them less than 15 minutes. I also have them trim my trees when needed and rake the leaves in the fall.

07/10/2011

Stacey C.

We have used Emerald Cut for a few years. They are generally excellent; they show up without having to nag them, do a good job efficiently, and leave everything clean and neat. Occasional landscaping services have also been done quickly and well.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn mowing, quarterly fertilization, occasional bed weeding and mulching/shrub & tree trimming.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service

06/15/2011

Randy J.

Great. An estimator came out and got everything started. Then they came right out and did everything I asked. Hard workers and fast.

Description of Work
Cut Lawn, Hauled off junk, edged, raked, etc. ...

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

05/27/2011

Heather M.

Once I got on the schedule, all was fine, but it took a couple of calls to ensure that we were on a bi-weekly rotation. Workers are professional and friendly. Overall -- good experience.

Description of Work
I just had the lawn mowed and trimmed -- good folks, but they seem expensive compared to other services.

04/28/2010

REBECCA S.

I have twice monthly service and to date, Emerald has been FANTASTIC! Carol in the office is very responsive, the yardmen are always on time and leave things cleaner than they found them. Love these guys.

Description of Work
Mow, edge and weed-eat front, back and alleyway.

08/22/2009

Corey A.

They came out early on date they planned and finished job in about 3 hours or so. I also had some minor changes and they accommodated without any hassle.

Description of Work
They dug up flower beds, placed new soil, new liner, planted about 9 bushes, placed new mulch, and trimmed current bushes and trees.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

07/01/2009

Don S.

They were good and I was overall satisfied. The younger men worked hard and did a good job. They also treated me well.

Description of Work
I hired them to trim the trees down.

Category lawn service, tree service

04/04/2008

Janet L.

They have always been reasonable in price. They will be there when you need them. He was my yard man for over ten years. Though I have moved, they still take care of the yard of a rental property I have. They are great.

Description of Work
They did mowing, edging and weeding. They also do tree trimming and can cut hedges.

Category lawn service, tree service

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

Pristine Pressure Cleaners

I provide pressure washing services for your pressure washing needs! I specialize in concrete driveways and patios. I offer very fair pricing and I will make sure the job is done to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! We offer 10% off for seniors, military, and police officers. Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Pristine Pressure Cleaners on Angi
    Prestige Pavers LLC

"Prestige Pavers, LLC is a Small Family-owned Hardscape Company that has been operating with over 28 years of experience. Creating your outdoor dreams into reality is Our Number One goal while still achieving quality and satisfaction from start to finish. Prestige Specializes in Interlocking Pavers, Travertine, Procelain, Concrete, Masonry, Fences, Driveways, Patios/Sidewalks, Pool Decks, and Retaining walls."

Residential & commercial mowing, weed-eating, edging, blow debris from walkways, shrub trimming, fertilization & weed control, grass installation, overseeding, flower bed, cultivating, leaf clean-up, tree removal & pruning, gutter clean-up, insect control, seasonal flowers, landscape design & installation, landscape lighting, sprinkler system repair & retaining walls.