Calahan Construction & Air

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2011

1425 Century Dr Ste 106

Carrollton, TX 75006

Calahan Construction & Air was built on the idea of providing quality service with affordable prices. Our goal is to help as many people as possible. We began in 2002 and still run our company on the same principles when we started. While Calahan Construction & Air may not have a fleet of 100

02/23/2020

Diania H.

I Highly Recommend Stacy Calahan at Calahan Construction & Air! It was in middle of summer 2019, hotter than you can imagine inside my house even with 2 portable a/c units running in LR trying to mitigate some of the heat while waiting on my a/c company to help me. I found Calahan Construction & Air... Stacy came out quickly diagnosed the problem right away, my unit was dead (I had been nursing it over last few years) but I couldn’t purchase a new unit until I got in a place to fund a house remodel. So, I needed a used 5 ton unit - not an easy ask, but Stacy found one and installed it w/in 24 hours for a price that did not break the bank (about the same cost as 2 top of the line portable air conditioners, which I returned!) He was professional, responsive, and quick at a reasonable price! Stacy listened to me, took ownership of my problem, was kind & caring and best of all got the job done quickly at a price I could afford...all in the middle of summer (his busiest season) when other air conditioning companies are charging premium prices or up selling, Stacy Callahan got me what I needed not what he could sell me! His work ethic & business model are heads and shoulders above the rest, do not hesitate to use this company for all your A/C needs!!

Description of Work
A/C replaced

10/28/2019

Travis H.

The price was fair and they were able to start almost immediately. Asked the installer multiple times to cover his work area as to not scratch our new wood floors. Of course, he scratched the floors in multiple places. Attempted to contact the owner and he was non responsive on the issue. The unit was installed in September, come October and need to turn the heat on for the first time and there was loud clanging and metal noises. Called to have someone from this company service the unit on Friday afternoon and was told that “it isn’t that cold that it would be Monday before we could look at it” (it was 40 degrees and this is a BRAND NEW unit). Brought up that had we went with a larger company they would send someone out and they do not work after hours or weekends and was basically told you get what you pay for. I would not use this company again in the future. Will probably regret making this post when we need service again in the future.

Description of Work
Replacing the HVAC unit and installing a bigger unit

02/18/2019

Renga R.

We contacted Callahan for repairing our bathroom which was in bad shape. Callahan gave a quote for reasonable price and assisted us in picking the correct materials for bathroom and did the work very well. We were quite impressed with him and so when a airconditioning unit stopped working we approached him and he gladly helped us to fix the unit. So far everything is functioning well in our home and Callaham would also do a free inspection in March of all the work he did. I would strongly recommend Callahan for any work.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodelling and Airconditioning Unit replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home remodeling

02/14/2019

Denise B.

Used them for 2 bathroom remodels in a rental property. Pros: Crew is courteous, friendly, and shows up on time ready to work. Job was completed on schedule or ahead of schedule. Crew cleans up area well EVERY day. Very good tile work. Price was fair. Not the cheapest. Not the most expensive. I got 5 bids. I was allowed some flexibility on the contract, which, if I hadn't had that, I wouldn't have hired them. They addressed any concerns I had as we went along. Good communication. I felt really good about them when I hired them after meeting Stacy Calahan who came to give me the bid. He is very realistic and accommodating. Reliability, skill, and honesty carry a lot of weight with me and these guys get an A in those areas. Cons: Wall texturing is not their strong suit. It was way too heavy and uneven. I don't recommend them for this. We had a mild conflict regarding a new spot on the carpet in the work area which I am certain was from their crew. I let it go because I figured I'd be replacing the carpet in another year or so and the fight wasn't worth it to me. Had that not been the case it would have gone differently. If you have a particular look you want for something, be sure you are clear and provide photos if possible. Otherwise you risk confusion - even if you've discussed it thoroughly.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

02/07/2019

Brandon ..

Stacy & his crew has come out to our office several times to work on different a/c units that we have. He has always shown up when he said he would, explained what the problem is & fixed it at a fair price. I recommend this company as they do great work & our honest.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

02/06/2019

Dayton A.

I don’t usually write reviews but I felt it necessary this time. Calahan Construction has come through in the clutch for the second time with my A/C repair. (2 different houses) From here on out Calahan Construction will be my FIRST call. I tried to give opportunities to friends of friends and gotten burned both times. Each time Mr. Calahan has come through to clean up their mess! In both situations previous repair companies offereoptions of new units or extremely high price repairs. Mr. Calahan provided me with pictures and a detailed explanation of my problem and did repairs at a fraction of the cost! Extremely professional and efficient service! I would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone in the DFW that need a/c work completed!

Description of Work
AIr Conditioning Repair

02/06/2019

Jian Z.

We started using Calahan’s service probably for 5 years, had a AC unit replaced, used their maintenance plan as well, there were small fixes to the system some years. Stacy always answers his phone or text, it was easy to set up appointments.

Description of Work
Replaced A/C unit, used maintenance plan,

06/08/2018

Kazeem A.

Very well! Calahan's team responded quickly to our need. Got to my home on time and fixed the problem quickly. I love his truthfulness and prompt response and will hire him again and again. He also followed up few hours later with text message to make sure the ac is cooling, good customer service!!

Description of Work
One of my AC stopped working

05/16/2018

Paul M.

Very well! Calahan's team responded quickly to our need of a crane to replace the old unit, etc.

Description of Work
Air conditioner replaced

04/16/2018

Ann S.

On the shower, They made it easy on me and did a great job. Owner is great to work with. On air conditioning, I had 4 other companies come out to look at my unit that was running constantly and not cooling well. They charged me for wrong issues and didn’t fix it. Mr Callahan immediately figured out that the company that installed the new unit put in a valve backwards. I highly recommend them for air conditioning work. I will use them from now on.

Description of Work
Shower replacement and air conditioning repair.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home remodeling

10/31/2017

David W.

Outstanding service. I asked him to be here early (8 am) because i had a dentist appt in early morning. He was here right at 8 am! He did a comprehensive tune up and cleaning of my unit. He was professional and friendly. My furnace is running like new. I will definately be asking him back and to do other work for me.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up.

10/30/2017

Sharon S.

Ran into additional work that increased cost, but was still below other estimate we had for the job.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom shower.

09/16/2017

Bureeda B.

I originally asked Stacey for a quote last March, when I had to have some pipework done under the house and I thought I might be able to roll them in together and save some money. That didn't work out, so I had to put off the renovation. I recently had a hip replaced and am about to have the other replaced and it's very difficult to manage showers with the old setup. I decided to ask Stacey if he was available although it was very short notice. (I think he fit me in within less than three weeks.) Stacey's quote was $7500 and he stayed with this same price although six months had passed. The price included demo, providing and installing hardie board, laying the shower floor, building the shower frame, building a chair-height bench, providing and installing a new toilet and vanity, providing and installing a new light/fan/heat combination, installing miscellaneous bathroom hardware (that I provided - towel rack and toilet paper holder), installing a large mirror (that I provided) to replace the medicine cabinet, providing and installing new floor tile, new shower floor and wall tile including an accent tile, providing and installing new shower fixtures, providing and installed a new glass shower door, providing paint and painting everything that wasn't tiled including the linen closet. (I think that's everything!) The work took just shy of seven days. In everything, Stacey went above and beyond. (I was surprised that he worked with the crew and worked very hard.) Most of all, he managed my expectations very well. I was concerned about the shower door because the only kind I could remember seeing were the frameless, hinged style, and the sliding door he chose had a frame at the top and bottom (not in the middle). At first I really wanted those entirely frameless doors, but thank God he talked me down. In such a small bathroom, they would have been a nightmare. The towel rack that I ordered from that big online retailer arrived with the end open, and Stacey discovered that one of the screws was missing (and the hole stripped), so I'm guessing this item had actually been returned and then re-sent to me. Stacey did a workaround and it looks beautiful. He also was very helpful in guiding me with choices. There are so many choices out there in tiles and paint colors and EVERYTHING that I nearly shut down just trying to pick out accent tile. He provided paint cards so I could choose colors. Finally, he knew I had some blinds in my front window that I had installed improperly and now (recovering from the surgery) am not able to fix myself. He installed these for me as well! I just really couldn't be happier with the work. I highly recommend Calahan Construction. FYI, I asked Stacey if he does floor tile for the rest of the house (he does) and I am looking forward to working with him again on this project in the coming months.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of small (6x8, I think) bathroom. The bathroom had been cheaply renovated 20 years before (with a plastic tub surround that I hated for 20 years), and I wanted to convert to a full shower (with a properly done floor, not a plastic shower pan).

Category ceramic tile, electrician, glass repair, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

09/09/2017

Steve M.

Everything went as it was supposed to. They cleaned up really good, you would never have known they were here.

Description of Work
They remodeled my bathroom.

08/23/2017

Andrea C.

They were very prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. Did a great job in the timeframe promised,

Description of Work
A/C unit went out during the hottest month in Texas - August. Need the circuit board replaced and the external control panel.

08/10/2017

Jian Z.

Called Stacy and his team was able to come and fix the problem next day. Price was very reasonable. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
One of the A/C units in my house was not working. The upstair's temperature was 80 all night long.

08/02/2017

Steve M.

Basic remodel was purchased via an Angie's List Deal and then I also wanted some additional work done. These guys did a great job. Very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Master Bath Tub/Shower Remodel; Tear out & remove old tub, tile & drywall. Install hardy board, new tub, tile, fixtures. Put in niche to hold shampoo, soap, etc. Add grab bars & towel holder.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

06/30/2017

Terry E.

Serviced unit and everything works fine.

Description of Work
A/C tune up

06/26/2017

Chien-Cheng C.

Right on the schedule and we definitely feel cooler now....

Description of Work
AC unit checkup and maintenance

06/26/2017

Joshua H.

They provided professional service at an honest reasonable price. I will definitely use again.

Description of Work
I had them perform A/C maintenance/tune-up. They did a thorough job and discovered a leak. They provided multiple options at multiple price points (e.g. Bandaid quick fix at a cheaper price or a better long-term fix at a higher price).

05/25/2017

Kevin T.

It was good. It was very professional. He answered the questions that I had. The price was comparable.

Description of Work
It was for an air conditioning tune up.

05/09/2017

Bobbie F.

Fine. Found an old problem no one had noticed or addressed.

Description of Work
AC tuneup and repair

05/08/2017

Chi E.

My 13 year old AC died and I was told that the entire HVAC system needed to be replaced. Got a quote from a competitor that was extremely high so I decided to call Calahan to get a another opinion. The owner himself picked up the call on a Sat morning and was able to provide me a much better price for a comparable system and he was able to get me scheduled for Monday morning. The workers arrived on time, in uniform, and were highly professional. Mr Calahan arrived on the job himself mid-afternoon and stayed to finish all work, test, inspect and clean up. The new unit works great, just in time for the hot weather! I would definitely recommend Calahan and would not hesitate to use them again for another job.

Description of Work
Replace entire HVAC system (indoor and outside) for residential home.

04/27/2017

Jana K.

They're good. They're really responsive. It took two days for the work to be completed. They didn't clean up well at all. Every single vent in the house had black stuff and soot out of it and they left it everywhere in my house.

Description of Work
They put in a new system for me, a five ton unit.

04/27/2017

Jana K.

It was pretty good. They came out, they had to replace something. With a two year old system you don't really expect that, but they did the work okay.

Description of Work
They actually just came and repaired the unit.