SIMS GRASS-LANDSCAPING

Founded 1982 • With Angi since October 2004

SIMS GRASS INC. IS A FAMILY RUN BUSINESS THAT HAS BEEN SERVING THE DFW AREA FOR 32 YEARS. SINCE WE HAVE CHOSE TO REMAIN A SMALL COMPANY WE CAN PROVIDE A HIGHER LEVEL OF SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER....

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

Greenview Lawn and Landscape

Here at Greenview we offer a variety of service from lawn mowing and weeding to full yard makeovers. We offer regular lawn maintenance such as lawn mowing and edging your yard. We also prune and cut back trees and bushes and create flowerbeds. We can also set up regular fertilizing to promote the growth of grass and flowers or kill off weeds. Greenview can also help with a full yard overhaul, we can do fence work as well as build pergolas and outdoor kitchens. Greenview has been in business since 2005 and since then have serviced numerous clients and have created long lasting friendly relationships with our customers. In the time that we have been open we have completed countless jobs each tailored specifically to the client needs and wants and all completed in a timely and professional manner.

Landscape Innovations

Landscape Innovations Has Been In Business In The DFW Metroplex For Over 25 Years. We Have Received Awards For Both Residential And Commercial Landscape Installations. We Enjoy Working With The Individual Property Owner To Ensure The Highest Quality Landscape Installation In The Attempt To Make Your Property The Envy Of The Community. Our Employees Maintain The Highest Degree Of Professionalism, While At The Same Time Are Friendly And Personable. We Would Greatly Appreciate The Opportunity To Service Your Landscape Needs In An Attempt To Assure The Highest Quality Workmanship In The Metroplex For Your Property. Ask About Our Angie's List Discount. We Offer 100% Customer Satisfaction Or Your Money Back Guaranteed!!! Please Contact Us At 817-832-4790 Or 214-704-7993 Or email LandscapeInnovations@Rocketmail.Com. We Look Forward To Working With You!!! Warmest Regards, Michael Rohe/President Landscape Innovations

Offers by Landscape Innovations on Angi

11/01/2016

Keith M.

Sim's did a very professional job. They tilled and leveled the back yard, extended sprinkler heads to make sure they were the right length, and laid the sod. I had chosen St. Augustine, and the quality of the grass was excellent. Not dried out or stressed. Instant back yard, couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
I needed new sod laid in my back yard.

09/17/2014

Patirck H.

All went well. Sims' contractor (George Ruiz) arrived at approximately the agreed upon time, laid the sod,including some lawn grading. and left with the grass/dirt they lifted in the process.The workers were fast and efficient. They were courteous and fully explained the necessary care that would be required after the sod was laid. We followed their recommendations and now have great front lawn of St Augustine grass.

Description of Work
I contacted Sims Grass for sod for my front yard. I explained the condition of my front lawn (Bermuda dying due to lack of sufficient sunlight because of the shade trees in my yard). They recommended St Augustine as a more shade tolerant grass. They gave me a price based on the cost of the grass and the amount their contractor would charge to install it.

05/30/2013

Adam S.

I am VERY please with the sod from Sims Grass. We had a very bad experience last year with brown patches of sod put down by another landscaping company. Needless to way, the brown patches never grew. The grass Sims delivered was fresh, green, healthy, UNBELIEVABLY thick - it was so nice it almost looked fake. I could not have asked for better grass. Sims referred us to Jorge Ruiz for the installation. He was very professional and responsive. Their work was great - lots of attention to detail, very little gaps in between the sod pieces, thorough, and cleaned up well. He and his crew did a great job. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Delivery of Fresh green sod, and installation service

05/28/2013

THOMAS T.

After researching sod dealers in the area I settled on Sims because they had what I wanted at a reasonable price and were very responsive to all of my questions. At this time of year they do not do sod installation so I used a contractor they recommended, Ruiz Landscaping of Euless. Mr. Ruiz did the purchasing and delivery arrangements with Sims. The pallisades zoysia sod arrived on time and appeared fresh. The job took two days, slowed by rain. Mr. Ruiz explained to me what he was going to do and then did it. That's pretty much all you can ask. He was easy to work with . The sod has been in for a little over two weeks and is beginning to fill in the seams. It looks great. If it handles the shade and a Texas summer as advertised I will be more than pleased. I had several questions about maintenance after the installation and Sims has been happy to respond.

Description of Work
Sold me sod and recommended an installation contractor.

03/18/2011

Cindi H.

I was looking to have some grass sod installed and they said they were not doing installations, but immediately offered names of landscaping companies that bought from them and that they recommended. Very polite, very helpful, which was nice to find in the busy spring season.

Description of Work
They could not help me but gave me three names of companies that could and told me to call back for more if I needed to.

05/13/2009

Jim or Debbie S.

Francesco prepared the areas for the sod. This step is crucial, and the job was unbelievable. He was meticulous, and cleaned up after himself every day. I've never seen a man work so hard and diligently - and so caring! I don't have words to describe how amazed I was at all he did during the preparation phase. The same amount of precision and care was taken when the sod went down. Once we saw what a great job they were doing, we started adding more areas to the bid, fully expecting to pay the agreed upon price. But more to my amazement, when it came time to pay, the owner dropped the price because we had added more areas to sod. Bottom line is this: If you want your lawn sodded - and done right - call Sims Grass Company. Mike Sims is a full-time Fireman, and has also had his grass business for almost 30 years. He did a lot of the work himself. We couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Description of Work
Installed over 100 yards of Palmero St. Augustine sod in our front and back yard.

04/22/2009

Janice F.

They are from the neighborhood, and I had read good reports about them. They did a great job.

Description of Work
I used SIMS Grass-Landscaping to redo my front yard. They got rid of the old grass, fixed the soil, and then laid sod on top.

03/03/2009

Michael M.

Everything went very well. I called, ordered it over the phone, used my credit card and the sod was delivered the following morning. It could not have been easier. Sweet people. Very responsive. THANKS.

Description of Work
After calling around a lot, unable to find a place that would sell me 1 pallet of St. Augustine AND deliver it soon, I was so delighted to find this place. They were friendly and very responsive -- and the cost of having them deliver it was much less than if I would have rented a truck and tried to get it to my home by myself.

04/15/2008

BRYAN Y.

They did a good job and met their estimate. It took about a month from the time I accepted the estimate for the actual installation to be complete, which was somewhat annoying. However, they were up front with me with their lead times, so I never felt misled.

Description of Work
Stripping of old lawn and replacement with Raleigh St. Augustine-grass sod.

11/01/2007

Gail L.

I called and was asked how big the area was that I wanted re-sodded. I told the woman who answered the phone that it was 1/2 of a small backyard. She said they were, "real backed up", but offered the name and number of someone else who might do a job like mine. The suggested person did, in fact, do the work, and quite well, but my impression of Sim's was not so good.

Description of Work
Re-sod 1/2 of small backyard.

SIMS GRASS-LANDSCAPING

Founded 1982 • With Angi since October 2004

655 N INDUSTRIAL BLVD

Bedford, TX 76021

SALES, DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION OF SOD.

MOWING.