Mid-Cities Irrigation Inc

Texas: Environment

1901 Bedford Rd Suite A

Bedford, TX 76021

www.midcitiesirrigation.com

Mid-Cities Irrigation has over 31 years of experience. We repair all drainage solutions, including French drains, sump pumps & more. We also specialize in concrete projects, retainer walls, flag stone patios, walkways, living waterfalls and ponds. Select RainBird Contractor and have licensed irrigators on staff with multiple levels of expertise to assist you in creating a beautiful yard. All new sprinkler systems have a three year warranty covering parts and labor....

irrigation system (81)lawn & landscaping (10)lawn care (6)hardscaping (4)masonry (2)drain pipe installation (1)

06/05/2021

Peggi H.

OUTSTANDING! Paul, Hugo, Stephen exceeded my expectations! From start to finish, the communication, follow through, design options, and execution were prompt, professional, and meticulous. This is the best experience I've ever had with a contractor. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Description of Work
Landscaping of Backyard

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/05/2021

11/19/2018

Carolyn M.

Paul was excellent to work with from the design phase thru completion. He was patient with us and worked within our budget to create a design that accomplished our goals and worked with us when we had some mid-installation plan changes. His crew was very courteous, prompt, and professional and they did a good job of cleaning up every day before we got home. The irrigation changes will make a tremendous difference on the look of our yard in the coming years. We are very please with the plant selection and the final results.

Description of Work
We had builder landscaping and irrigation that needed to be cleaned up and rerouted. We wanted to add stone border and color to our front yard and create privacy while using the irrigation system more efficiently in the backyard.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

07/23/2018

Chet B.

Stephen was on time, very professional and efficient. It took 2 hours to complete all our work. We ran a test and everything is working properly. I felt the price was fair for the amount of work on a 106 degree Texas summer day.

Description of Work
We had a leak at the connection with the city water. The sprinkler system was not staying on and we had some heads that needed replacing.

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

11/06/2017

Linda A.

Jeremy was efficient & worked quickly. I would've given the company all "A"s if I had been told when I scheduled the appt that I would be charged $25 for "drive time". Jeremy called & told me while in route to my home. I needed the work done immediately, so I consented. I've never paid for "drive time" by any DFW Metroplex company before. The Mid-Cities Irrigation office is located 23 miles from my home, so I feel this was unfair.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 valves & 1 rotor. Also checked & aligned sprays & rotors for proper coverage.

Work Completed On 06/23/2017

10/19/2017

Donald C.

Never showed up. They got paid $45 per thier "special" but never contacted me. I sent them an email but they never responded gave up

Description of Work
Supposed to tune up sprinklers

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

I am sorry but I think you may have the wrong company. We don't have a "special" like you are stating and we never take money before a job is complete. Are you sure it was Mid-Cities Irrigation out of Bedford, TX?

10/18/2017

Kevin P.

The technician figured out the issue with multiple zones running in a few minutes. I had paid for an hour of his time, so addressed other issues with the sprinkler system by replacing nozzles on 10 heads and replacing 2 broken heads.

Description of Work
Determine why multiple sprinkler zones were running at the same time, install new nozzles on some sprinkler heads, and replace some broken sprinkler heads

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

08/28/2017

Wesley M.

There must have been some sort of miscommunication between Wendy, Jeremy and the owner. Wendy quoted me $25 for an estimate due to transportation costs, even though the "Free Estimates" section of Angie's List has a "Yes". This was understandable. What was not understandable, was when Jeremy showed up and told me it would be $100/hr. After some back and forth between me and the owner, over the phone, he instructed me to give Jeremy $25 and that he would leave. Obviously, I did not give Jeremy the $25 just to drive to my house. No work was performed, I just had a very heated argument with the owner over the phone. Jeremy and Wendy were professional, but there was a terrible communication lapse between them and the owner.

Description of Work
The zone controlling the front yard did not work and I wanted an estimate on the cost to repair.

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/03/2017

Roger H.

Work was completed in timely and professional manner. Job entail connecting to supply off of front yard sprinkler system and completely covering back yard and providing controller for new zones. All work completed in same day as well as misc. work on front system.

Description of Work
Installed 4 zone sprinkler system in backyard.

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

07/27/2017

MERILYN B.

From the first phone call, everything went very well; Jeremy was punctual, worked quickly and efficiently, discovered problems I didn't know were there. Would definitely recommend and call the company again.

Description of Work
sprinkler repair

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

07/24/2017

Leslie W.

Jeremy called and was able to come earlier than expected. He quickly found the problem and fixed it. He then tested all the zones and made his an additional repair to a tree bubbler. All complete in about 30-40 minutes. Thanks for the great service!

Description of Work
System would not turn to on.

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

07/06/2017

Michael G.

Irrigation system was non functional. Mid Cities quickly located a break in the control wire and reconnected everything - also installed new head at dry area of yard. Work was professionally handled to my complete satisfaction. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Broken control wiring from controller to zone valves

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

06/01/2017

Glen R.

Excellent work finished in two days.

Description of Work
Complete lawn irrigation system.

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

05/18/2017

Daniel B.

Jeremy arrived on time and walked through the yard as I showed him the issues with the system. He quickly worked to make the repairs I requested. He also performed a full tune up on the system and adjusted watering times and spray patterns to ensure the system was running well. Jeremy was courteous and professional. He even left a couple of extra replacement parts in case I have an easily fixable issue in the future. I have used Mid-Cities for several sprinkler and landscaping projects in the past and highly recommend them. I feel their prices are competitive for the quality and service that they offer.

Description of Work
Called Mid-Cities Irrigation out to replace a couple broken sprinkler heads and fix a leak in one of the sprinkler lines.

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

05/01/2017

Margaret B.

FABULOUS! Exceeded all expectations.

Description of Work
New fence, replace front path with paved stone walk, extend driveway, extended sprinkler line

Category irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

04/29/2017

Marvin W.

They did a good job. They found some problems. I think the price is a little more for what they're doing.

Description of Work
They came out and checked my irrigation system.

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

09/19/2016

Judith A E.

They did a great job. Had a problem the other day with a place where water was bubbling up in the yard and they were out that day to fix it.

Description of Work
Needed irregation system installed for front and back yards.

Work Completed On 09/17/2016

08/15/2016

ERNE H.

they were fast and the work was excellent.

Description of Work
french drain

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

08/11/2016

Angela W.

Excellent Service! Jeremy arrived at the specified time. Quickly moved and replaced the sprinkler head I called about. Checked the entire system and found 2 more that needed to be replaced. He set up the sprinkler system for the recommended run times. Very professional. I will recommend Mid Cities irrigation to anyone looking for sprinkler repair.

Description of Work
Moved sprinkler head, replace other sprinkler heads, full system check, set up sprinkler control box.

Work Completed On 08/11/2016

04/18/2016

Lynett P.

Darrell showed up at the appointed time. He and I walked the yard and I showed him the areas that needed work. He started work immediately and worked efficiently to get all areas of concern corrected. Some of the area was where I had just added new sod. After he completed the work .. he replaced the sod and it looked as good as when it was first laid. Very pleasant young man and I truly appreciated the work he did. I would certainly be happy to recommend this company to anyone needing sprinkler work.

Description of Work
Checked and adjusted all spray patterns for proper coverage. Buried five pop up sprays in front yard. Fixed two broken heads. Replaced seven 4" pop up sprays. 10 new nozzles.

Work Completed On 04/13/2016

03/25/2016

Daniel B.

This is the second time I've had Darrell and team at Mid-Cities Irrigation do work on my yard. They came and installed 1800 sq ft of sod for $1500, including ground prep, leveling, and excess dirt removal. I was very pleased with the service and quality of work. The price was competitive with other bids I received. Darrell is knowledgeable and helpful. He patiently answered my questions about the job. His team showed up on time and completed the work quickly. Darrell came at the end of the job to inspect and ensure I was satisfied. I would definitely recommend them and will use them for future work.

Description of Work
Installed 1800 sq ft of sod in backyard

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 01/30/2016

03/04/2016

Stephanie H.

As a rule, I have a consistently good experience with Angie's List providers and seldom write negative reviews, but every once and a while - you run across a BAD APPLE. I originally contacted this vendor on 2/29/16 with a description of my project. They responded promptly and asked if they could come by that afternoon to look at the work. I immediately responded and said yes. Then No response - and they did not show up or communicate. They emailed me again today saying they were sorry and out of the office all last week. They wanted to know if the work was still open. I immediately responded yes and let them know I would be available all day today and tomorrow. Then they send me a follow-up email indicating they do not even do estimates (counter to earlier email) and wanted me to just schedule a service call at $100 per hour plus parts. Bait and Switch tactics at best. When I expressed my frustration at their change of position - they indicated that they had no way of contacting me - even though we had been using the List's email system from the start??? There are a lot better irrigation choices on the List - it's frustrating when a vendor misrepresents and wastes your time.

Description of Work
Irrigation Work

Work Completed On 03/04/2016

01/25/2016

Robert N.

Responded fast, scheduled very quickly, repaired broken stem and head, fast work, very reasonable.

Description of Work
Repaired broken sprinkler

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

Cost $108.61

Work Completed On 01/06/2016

12/31/2014

Al C.

Love our new sprinkler system.In this day of business not living up to there promises. Everything was started and finished as promised. Mid-Cities Irrigation backs there service and sales. Mr. Bishop is a rare breed of business man these days.

Description of Work
New Sprinkler Installation